• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

brentech

With Blu no longer a driver - Team Madhatters hasn't been able to attend the last 2 events, but it looks like I'll be able to make Monza for a fun drive.

Mush

vo3JV.png

Race results after 22 laps

xWU9b.png

Team points standings after Round Six

IufwY.png

Drivers standings after Round Six
(please note, this only shows the drivers who have competed so far)

C1uzd.png

Awards

Pole position: Dibbz +10 points
Fastest Lap during Main Race: Dibbz +10 points
Most Lead Laps: Dibbz +10 points
MVP: chimilosky +15 points
Spirit of Translator-san: Konosuke +15 points

Replays

Copy these to your XMB and import them to GT5 in the Replay menu.

Round Six - Fuji Speedway

Toxa said:
620 points for 2k runners wtf ?

That´s right, i told him there was a mistake following round 5 where he didn´t add Chimilosky´s points.

It´s my 465, and his two races.

EDIT - welp, it looks like 590 is the right sum. Sorry Toxa.

Dibbz

Mush in the table you've put Chim's position at Fuji in red (most laps lead) when in fact I got that title and you gave me the points for it :D

Toxa, 2nd place will be mine in the drivers championship ;)

Mush

Dibbz said:
Mush in the table you've put Chim's position at Fuji in red (most laps lead) when in fact I got that title and you gave me the points for it :D

If you'd look closely, you'll see that Red is for that weekend's MVP. Nice try though. ;)

2K Runners is sitting at 605 becuase chim got the MVP award. 590 + 15 = you get the picture.

Dibbz

Mush said:
If you'd look closely, you'll see that Red is for that weekend's MVP. Nice try though. ;)

2K Runners is sitting at 605 becuase chim got the MVP award. 590 + 15 = you get the picture.
Ahh sorry can't read.

Proceed. :p

Mush

So, there hasn't been much discussion on this (apart from some chatter during the impromptu practice directly after Fuji) but, do you guys want to use weather for Monza?

Mush

weekend_warrior said:
Oh that sucks bro, hope nobody you know was killed or gone missing.
Well actually my team mate Stillmatic lives in Christchurch so I was a tad worried but he's fine as far as I can tell. Don't know if he's up for racing this round though. I did have some other friends down there for Uni but they've moved back up here to Wellington for the weekend.

Mush

cMt3X.jpg

Course Map

sZR01.png

Race Info

-18 laps/64.79mi/104.27km

Footage

GT5 Race
On-board footage

Preview write-up by Mush

As the drivers leave Japan for the last time this Season, they will arrive in Europe knowing that this is their final battleground for redemption. But before they take on the circuit known as only "The Green Hell", they must venture through the home of Ferrari and their tifosi followers, the Autodromo Nazionale Monza, or simply, Monza. One of the oldest race tracks in existence, the circuit boasts fast long straights with little time on the brakes. Make no mistake however, although the circuit is mostly made up of flat-out straights, the corners separating these sections may look simple in nature, but they are very deceiving. The first of these being 2 chicanes. Chicane No.1 is in fact the 1st corner of Monza, which is a very very slow right-left and narrow to boot. The barriers outside of the turn makes threading through this chicane intimidating to say the least, especially during the opening laps. Eager racing fans may remember that once upon a time the first corner of Monza was composed of 2 chicanes. The 2nd chicane isn't as slow or as tight as the 1st but still features closed-in barriers and armco, as well as a small run-off area. Drivers will be punished for cutting across this run-off section, but may use it if in need of a way to avoid any accidents or incidents. The 2 Lesmo curves are up next, which are both medium-speed 90° turns, with a sandtrap waiting to catch out anyone who gets these corners wrong. The final turn of Monza is the Parabolica, a long right hander that brings drivers around back on to the front straight.

Toxa

Mush said:
So, there hasn't been much discussion on this (apart from some chatter during the impromptu practice directly after Fuji) but, do you guys want to use weather for Monza?

dry :p

Angst

I wonder what ww did now. :-(

Anyway, great preview of monza! I will be in the lounge from 21 gmt today.

Re weather - I think it would be cool to use changeable weather, but start the lounge with sunny. If it rains it rains. Should be interesting :)

Mush

Angst said:
I wonder what ww did now. :-(
He did a boo-boo in the Junior Member thread as far as I can tell. :(
Angst said:
Anyway, great preview of monza! I will be in the lounge from 21 gmt today.
Sweet, lets make it a date! Would be nice if we could get a decent sized practice going.
Angst said:
Re weather - I think it would be cool to use changeable weather, but start the lounge with sunny. If it rains it rains. Should be interesting :)
This is what I would like to do, just need the approval of you guys. Thanks Angst and Toxa for your feedback. :)

ashk

I'll try to make it to practice tonight to help you get a decent number of racers, but I've been sick for the last few days and haven't done a single lap of Monza :(

Dead Man

Mush said:
He did a boo-boo in the Junior Member thread as far as I can tell. :(

Sweet, lets make it a date! Would be nice if we could get a decent sized practice going.

This is what I would like to do, just need the approval of you guys. Thanks Angst and Toxa for your feedback. :)
All I saw was him snipe at Thunder Monkey once.

As for weather, personally I would prefer not, but if the majority want it then it should be so. My main concern is not having raced for a few weeks while Seks drove means I will be rubbish anyway, and weather will really make my lack of skill obvious! Was there any change to rules on driving assists, I know it was raised a while ago but I missed if there was any decision made.

Toxa

seattle6418 said:
That´s right, i told him there was a mistake following round 5 where he didn´t add Chimilosky´s points.

It´s my 465, and his two races.

EDIT - welp, it looks like 590 is the right sum. Sorry Toxa.

it doesn't matter anymore the last race just killed our chance to fight the first place I was just surprised by the score

Dibbz said:

Highly unlikely :p

Mush said:

well actually I don't care it's the same to me , rain or sunny or night or rain + night I can deal with with but I think it will be better for everyone to keep the weather sunny ;)

Dibbz

Toxa said:
Highly unlikely :p
Rain on Monza NOW! :p

Let me be serious for a second. I think having weather change would be really good to have. Would add another dynamic to the race but then again this group of drivers seem to have big problems in normal conditions so who knows :p

Prove me wrong I guess ;)

Niks

Against weather.
People screw up enough during a dry race, you expect us to do better on wet conditions? Leave it for the nurburgring. ;)

Also, we need a MS paint picture regarding the rules to cutting chicanes.
:)

Toxa

Dibbz said:
Rain on Monza NOW! :p

Let me be serious for a second. I think having weather change would be really good to have. Would add another dynamic to the race but then again this group of drivers seem to have big problems in normal conditions so who knows :p

Prove me wrong I guess ;)

you' re right but I don't care about the weather rain or sunny it's the same to me and I won't race saturday so ...

we can keep the rain for the ring ;)

Stillmatic

Hey Mush, not too sure if i'm going to make it this week, see how things go though. If i can i will, it'd be good to take my mind off things. I'll keep you posted anyway!

Mush

Stillmatic said:
Hey Mush, not too sure if i'm going to make it this week, see how things go though. If i can i will, it'd be good to take my mind off things. I'll keep you posted anyway!
No pressure man, I've got this one and the next covered if needs be. You do what you have to do.

Juicy Bob

Just quickly as well, would anyone be up for practice between the next two hours after this is posted? I actually have a chance to do some testing for a change.

Mush

Juicy Bob said:
Just quickly as well, would anyone be up for practice between the next two hours after this is posted? I actually have a chance to do some testing for a change.
Sorry, I can't. :( Steering wheels at late hours makes for an unhappy household in the morning.

ashk

Should only people racing on saturday vote? Because I'm not, and as such I don't really care about the weather :p But if I should, I'd vote for whatever my teammate prefers (dynamic).

Top Bottom