• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

Mush said:
m54dM.png
You honor my photo so well.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh, hey, what do you know. QUALIFICATION WORKED. And there was LITTLE TO NO ACCIDENTS!

*gasp*

If you're not gonna bother to qualify, protip: DON'T BOTHER SHOWING UP. Primadonna attitudes toward previous races when this is a new one won't get you anywhere.

Good thing this is my last race so I don't have to deal with "hardcore" racers that get butthurt over damage in previous races and won't attempt to see if the same shit happens this race or not.

Sorry Deadman for not bothering to race. But shit like this pisses me off. And I won't be back for Season 2 so you need to find a new person. Sorry, man.

Angst

Watching the stream now. So good to see Konosuke doing a lot better than last time.

Practice sure helps! :D
TheSeks said:
Oh, hey, what do you know. QUALIFICATION WORKED. And there was LITTLE TO NO ACCIDENTS!

*gasp*

If you're not gonna bother to qualify, protip: DON'T BOTHER SHOWING UP. Primadonna attitudes toward previous races when this is a new one won't get you anywhere.

Good thing this is my last race so I don't have to deal with "hardcore" racers that get butthurt over damage in previous races and won't attempt to see if the same shit happens this race or not.

Sorry Deadman for not bothering to race. But shit like this pisses me off. And I won't be back for Season 2 so you need to find a new person. Sorry, man.
If you're talking about the guy driving the wrong way in qualification I think that calls for a disqualification. And you're quite right - pretty bad IMO. We're not all like that though...

Toxa

great stream, thanks vissionne :) it was the most exciting race of the season until lap 4 :(

round was competitive and ... anyway you did a great job nice race !

Angst

Let me be the first to say:

Congrats Dibbz! Awesome race! :D

And of course congrats to Ufra and Chim for the podium! The battle for third was super-intense, I felt pretty sorry for you Ashk.

Niks

Watched the stream.

Congrats to Dibbz! Pole, fastest lap, and win.
Good job dominating.

Awesome job UFRA! solid second place.

MVP vote: Chim. Great battle at the end, and drove most of the race with damage.
Spirit of Translator-san: Konosuke - awesome improvement - practice sure pays off. Good job.

Toxa

Angst said:
Let me be the first to say:

Congrats Dibbz! Awesome race! :D

And of course congrats to Ufra and Chim for the podium! The battle for third was super-intense, I felt pretty sorry for you Ashk.

yeah btw ashk what happend in the last lap ?

Toxa

Niks said:
Watched the stream.

Congrats to Dibbz! Pole, fastest lap, and win.
Good job dominating.

Awesome job UFRA! solid second place.

MVP vote: Chim. Great battle at the end, and drove most of the race with damage.
Spirit of Translator-san: Konosuke - awesome improvement - practice sure pays off. Good job.

konoske was great today , ineffect did a great job until he bumped on chim

Angst

I want to race! I'll be in the Super GT Lounge if anyone wants to start practicing on Monza.

My votes:
Konosuke for Spirit of Translator San - after the last race he got yelled at, but he didn't quit. He practiced and did a very good race today. Good show!
MVP to Ashk - seeing the totally clean battle between him and chim was awesome.

Dibbz

First let me say I think it was shadow during qualification who was driving backwards. When I came across him I already posted my hot lap so it didn't affect me but jesus christ man what were you thinking??

For the race sorry to Round I took the inside of turn 1 and on the exit you were on my outside I did hit the back of your car. I'm not sure if you were able to see me on the inside though.

UFRA

I have to say guys, this was my favorite race of the season so far...

Why?

-Qualification worked great. Everyone payed attention and did the synching properly, and look - we had it turn out just like it should. Well done. (Except for the whole non-participating driving backwards thing. I was surprised/disappointed to see that.)

-We started at a reasonable time and stuck with our schedule! It was great!

-The parade lap was brilliant IMO. The spacing was great, I didn't see any pouncing happen from the surrounding cars of me anyways, and the first corner went great. Well done!!! This is the result of everyone following directions properly.

-I had a good race and had NO damage the ENTIRE race!! This is a first. :D

I'm very happy with my result in 2nd. Dibbz was for sure faster and I just couldn't catch him, but I remained consistent. Well done man, it was a good performance.

My votes:

MVP: Dibbz. He just dominated all around, had a good pit strategy, and I couldn't catch him.
SOTS: UFRA! I had no damage the entire race (did you hear what I just said? No damage the entire race. The end of the world is coming, this is amazing), which says a lot for safe driving I think! :p

Ok ok ok..since it's kinda lame to vote for yourself, my real SOTS vote is for: InEffectMode - He was right on my tail most of the race and maintained awareness, clean racing, and pressure on me!! He got involved in some incident I didn't see, but I know he didn't give up and that's bonus points in my book.

Mush

Really impressed with this round guys. The parade lap/rolling start was awesome. I don't know what was going on between weekend_warrior and TheSeks so I can't judge it. No major incidents (that I saw) apart from a little mishap on lap 5 involving the leaders but that was a pure racing accident, however, with that said, that was such a shame because it was shaping up to be an epic battle. :(

TheSeks said:

*gasp*

Seriously Seks? I intentionally wanted to start in the back to avoid the first lap pile up that has happened in every single race (excluding this one), and that makes me a prima-donna/ poor sport? Get the fuck outta here with that shit. I go to every practice, I show up to every race, I race clean and fair. So fucking excuse me opting to fore-go the qualifying.

Sorry Gutterboy for such a poor showing, I was just incredibly slow for some reason. Previous practices I was getting low 1:56's, today I think I had 1 lap in the 1:58's. Can't explain it.

edit: Well I apologize to everyone for driving backwards during quali, at no point was I ever on track when somebody was coming by so I didn't really see big deal in it. Like I said, I only wanted to start the race in back because I'm tired of getting damaged the first lap of every race. Apologizes.

Dibbz

Thanks for all the kind words guys. :)

I can't believe that I ruined two peoples race though. Fark me. Sorry once again Round and Chim.

MVP: Chim - How long did you race with mega damage? :O
SoTs: Round - Kept on trucking and hasn't tried to kill me yet :s

l2ounD

Yeah, the way the race started off was sweet and things went pretty smoothly besides the weird qualifying people.
The first laps were a blast between Dibbz, Chim and me. Until the contact, I tried holding it but lost it and I ended up knocking out Chim too. Sorry Chim! My car was pretty wrecked after that had to pit. :(
So the rest of the first half of the race I didnt see anyone.. Pretty boring, till I started lapping the guy in last place that wasnt racing but was still moving around? Everytime I saw his dot on the map I would be like oooh Im catching up to someone, and it would just be him. >.<

Only other thing to note on my side was Konosuke, he did a good job giving me a fight while I tried to pass him :)

l2ounD

Dibbz said:
MVP: Chim - How long did you race with mega damage? :O
SoTs: Round - Kept on trucking and hasn't tried to kill me yet :s

D!E, hehe

but yea I was surprised to see Chim not pitting on that lap and still managed to come back up. MVP vote

Great race folks!

Some minor incidents, that we will get into in a second, but first:

Congratulations Dibbz! awesome race.

Qualify worked, altough as much as i know he doesn´t believe it, trust the other guys Selena, erm, Warrior. You should qualify and hope for the best. Everybody behaved well this time. Driving backwards was dangerous.

Parade lap worked, i´m not a huge fan of it, but it worked.

Things were going back and fourth, and then dibbz and round got tangled. These last two races i´m been kind of like a crewchief for my team mate Chimilosky, so i was watching it the race on his camera and we were talking on the cel phone while the race was going.

As we saw the battle we screamed "shit" and the wreck was coming. He got damaged pretty bad, but we started debating wheather to go to the pits or not.

I told him his race was ruined if he did two pits, and we checked the splits and ultimately i said:

"can you go?"

"i don´t know, i guess..."

"then go"

Turned out to be a good move, because Round needed to pit and had no chance after that.

After the pits, he and Inneffect got tangled in a move that Inneffect thought it was bad from Chim.

Here´s what i saw, and will comment until Chimilosky´s account is blocked here:

He overtook Inneffect on the straight and tuck right back in it on the inside to prepare for the first turn.

I didn´t saw it from Inneffect´s point of view, so i´m not sure why that move made him lose the braking point for a bit. He ended up braking late, and crashed lightly on the bumper of Chim.

I saw that both drove away, so i didn´t see where he got extra damage.

I say that´s a very common move, specially in F1, to overtake in a straightway and tuck right back in to get a good line through the corner. Maybe a third person can give a second take on this incident.

After that i just watched a great battle between Chim and Nabijamte, going until the last lap, with both drivers making mistakes to make it even more interesting.

Great race.

MVP - I have to give it to my teammate Chimilosky. Had no idea how he drove with three damaged wheels for almost ten laps.

SOTS - Round. Tough luck, but he kept it cool, ran great laps, and finished in a respectable 6th place.

Once again, we talked little about Dibbz, but great race man. That car was a rocket the entire race.

I´ll be on the lobby later on, after the NBA festivities to run some laps on Monza.

ashk

Wow. That shit was intense. I have several things to say, so I hope I don't forget something.

At the start I bumped into InEffectMode which I think was my fault so sorry about that; I braked on time but you braked a bit earlier so to avoid crashing into the back of you I went on the inside. Then I made a few more mistakes because of the damaged and so the first part of the race wasn't so good for me.

The second part was mostly battling with chim. During the race I felt like some of his moves were a bit unsafe so I got a bit frustrated, but after watching the replay I realised I was wrong (must have been the adrenalin :p) and that it was a pretty clean race.

@toxa: about the last lap - I don't know how much you saw on the stream, but chim made a mistake and went off the track after turn 2; I passed him as he nearly crashed into me (he should have been more careful but it turned out ok so no harm no faul). I was happy for about 3 corners, and then I made a mistake coming out of the chicane and nearly spun so he repassed me. It's hard to see on the replay but I could feel the back end slipping so I had to get off the throttle, and then he passed me. So basically I made 1 mistake more than him and he got the upper hand.

@seattle: I mean no offense (and please don't think I'm butthurt after losing to chim), but I think you telling chim the splits and advising him when to pit based on that gives him an unfair advantage over the rest of us. I know there's no way to prevent that but I just thought I should say it out loud.

SOTS - chim
MVP - Dibbz

BTW, am I the only one that feels the MVP award should go the best driver overall and that, with the best driver usually winning, it's a bit redundant and just gives the better drivers even more points, moreso with the bonus point for fastest times and most laps led? (I hope I'm making sense here)

UFRA

ashk said:
@seattle: I mean no offense (and please don't think I'm butthurt after losing to chim), but I think you telling chim the splits and advising him when to pit based on that gives him an unfair advantage over the rest of us. I know there's no way to prevent that but I just thought I should say it out loud.

In all honesty that is a good point.

We obviously don't have enough slots in a room to allow every racer to have an advisor with them during the race, so we shouldn't really have people in the room that aren't racing unless they're named vissione or Mush. IMO

Everyone else on the track has to make tough decisions on their own without any help from a pit crew, it should be a level playing field in that respect. I know when Dibbz pit halfway through the race I was really thinking hard about whether I should pit too or do one more lap. It would have helped to have advice from someone, so that's why I think we should just keep the racers in the lobby only.

Afterall, that's why vissione goes through all this work to stream it for us - so we have more room for racers, and everyone can still see the race. :)

Looks like it was a good race. Glad to hear the parade lap went well and there was little fan fare on the track.

Weekend, no worries. Don't do the drive backward thing though, that is never a good idea.

First lap youtube videos from the NGRL race this morning are up here btw

MVP: Dibbz
SOTS: Chim
ashk said:
Really...

Angst

seattle6418 said:
Things were going back and fourth, and then dibbz and round got tangled. These last two races i´m been kind of like a crewchief for my team mate Chimilosky, so i was watching it the race on his camera and we were talking on the cel phone while the race was going.
Yeah, that sounds cool. So that's why you're in the lobby while the rest of us not racing aren't? I agree with the others - not fair to the rest of us. If everybody wanted that there wouldn't be room for all of us. And by doing that you can check what other cars are doing regarding pit stops etc.

Please don't do it again.

ashk said:
Especially when he's in the team having a lead we can't catch up to no matter what.

Next season I'll have a professional racing driver as my coach. D:

Edit - ok I'm overreacting, but seriously... lol

Dead Man

TheSeks said:

*gasp*

All good, everyone has a little melt down every now and then! Monza and the 'Ring for me, and I haven't driven my GT car in ages. Should be exciting.

Mush

Dibbz said:
Shouldn't only people participating in the race be able to vote mvp and sots?
It's my fault. It's not in the rules that people can't participate in the race outside of racing, aka, what seattle was doing today with chim. Next we'll have a team orders scandal and it'll be downhill from there... ;)

Angst

Mush said:
It's my fault. It's not in the rules that people can't participate in the race outside of racing, aka, what seattle was doing today with chim. Next we'll have a team orders scandal and it'll be downhill from there... ;)
Yeah, there's nothing in the rules about it. But they shouldn't be in the lobby to watch. If someone wants to act as team coach they should be limited to the stream and not take up bandwidth from the racers. IMO.

Stillmatic

Awesome race everyone, really enjoyed it even though i stuffed up on the first lap. I don't know why i decided to drive so close to the grass!

Congrats to Dibbz on a great win!

Bit late so my votes probably won't count, but anyway:

MVP: Chim
SOTS: Round

Top Bottom