• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

Mush

ashk said:
It's a good thing we have the stream - you can never be sure that nobody's watching you cut the corner ;)
Well that's the problem. Vissione can't watch everyone at once, so we can't police it as well as I would like. If only there were static camera options for individual corners/areas or something. I guess I'll add it to my 1.08 patch wishlist. :(

-Rolling starts for online races.
-Host able to set grid manually.
-Static cameras for replays/spectators.

Can someone (maybe angst) tell MM to join today's room if possible ??? I've been babysitting two kids this week so I'd like to be sure the epson is represented today in case something happens. Gonna attempt to practice now.

UFRA

Good luck today Niks! And everyone else :p

I can't watch the race stream today, gonna be gone for a bit. Hope it turns out with minimal incidents.

Edit: Nvm, it's snowing heavily now and I'm staying home.

Dead Man

weekend_warrior said:
I need to get some practice in, (been neglecting GT5 because of Killzone 3), so I'll be in the GAFsuperGT lounge if anyone wants to join.
Crap, I still need to add that to my friends list!

Angst

Send the FR now and I'll add you. Don't think mush is around until just before the race. Send it now - you have 5 minutes before I need to get back to the lounge :)

Edit - sent you a FR instead.

Dead Man

Angst said:
Send the FR now and I'll add you. Don't think mush is around until just before the race. Send it now - you have 5 minutes before I need to get back to the lounge :)

Edit - sent you a FR instead.
Thanks!!

Stillmatic

Mush said:
Stillmatic doesn't look like he'll be around. :( Looks like I'll have to step in instead.
Nah, just got the net back on this morning, lost it for a couple of days for some reason. It was going for a couple of days after the quake, then just cut out. :(

Good luck mate, be watching the stream on and off.

l2ounD

ugh, this was horrible.

I thought we were going to restart again because of the fuckup towards the back, then I was catching up was was like oh yea! but slipped up fucking up my car >.< I might of hit someone to, fuck fuck fuck.

Angst

It wasn't just the slip toxa. I had too long distance to use any kind of slipstream, but once I managed to close that gap of course I used the slipstream. What else should I do? Don't use it? :D

Edit - what happened to niks? I saw him outside the track on lap 2.

UFRA

Toxa said:
win with splistream ...

Hey let's be honest, if you were in 2nd place and had the opportunity to slipstream and take the win you're saying you wouldn't? Come on...

Don't downplay his win man. Angst held his ground the whole race and slowly reeled Mush in. It's not like he was on his bumper the whole race and then just used slipstream to sneak by on the last lap. He had to stay consistent and fast the whole race.

I think it's a fine win. Slipstream is part of the game. Nothing says we can't use it. :p

Angst

UFRA said:
Hey let's be honest, if you were in 2nd place and had the opportunity to slipstream and take the win you're saying you wouldn't? Come on...

Don't downplay his win man. Angst held his ground the whole race and slowly reeled Mush in. It's not like he was on his bumper the whole race and then just used slipstream to sneak by on the last lap. He had to stay consistent and fast the whole race.

I think it's a fine win. Slipstream is part of the game. Nothing says we can't use it. :p
I think toxa is just annoyed with the over-effect slipstream has in the game. But I don't feel bad for using it. I managed to keep chim off me as well - and he were using my slipstream to catch up with me. It's part of the game and it's very apparent on tracks with long straights.

Toxa

Angst said:
It wasn't just the slip toxa. I had too long distance to use any kind of slipstream, but once I managed to close that gap of course I used the slipstream. What else should I do? Don't use it? :D

yeah :p

think mush deserved this victory, he led almost the entire race, IMO there is no honor to win a race like this ...

but nevermind it's only my opinion

I think toxa is just annoyed with the over-effect slipstream has in the game.

indeed

Angst

Apologies from our friend in the Epson:

MM said:
“I wanna apologize for my spin during the perade lap.” It damaged my car but I dont think I hit anyone. If I did terribly sorry. Also sorry for my stupid stupid stupid crash right at the start. I was more focused on the cars around me then the track itself and used the brakes too late. I’m pretty sure I would have been in the podium if that didn’t happen. I had to wait for everyone to pass me to get back on the track. ARGH!!! After that nothing more to report. Docretes and I had some good times during almost the entire race. I think we had a problem were both of us would slow down too much not to hurt the other one during corners lol. Coming back from 10th, to 6th, with a damaged car, and with a VERY late pit, guess it’s not bad. Could have been alot worst.”

Dead Man

Good race, sorry for my fuckup in the first parade lap. An uneventful 4th for me, first time I've had no race crashes. Feelsgoodman.jpg Was passed a few times but then they seemed to have their own problems, and I just scooped up a could places. Nothing wrong with winning by slipstream, it is done in real racing, albeit not to the same extent that PD has allowed with the way they model it. Mush did great too, he was in the lead every time I looked.

Angst

Toxa said:
yeah :p

think mush deserved this victory, he led almost the entire race, IMO there is no honor to win a race like this ...

but nevermind it's only my opinion
No disrespect towards mush, but the way I see it is that when the tyres started to go bad the last 3 or 4 laps I managed to drive faster with bad tyres than he and chim did and so closed the gap. The 14 laps before that the gap was basically the same the whole time. It wasn't until he slowed down that I caught up with him and got inside the slipstream-zone.

brentech

I didn't realize MM had wrecked and that's why traffic stopped. I had to go back and see that. I felt like everyone was speeding up on that straight at the time and so I started to, only to suddenly feel like everyone was at a complete stop and couldn't stop myself in time to prevent hitting WeekendWarrior/whiteshadow.

Completely understand why he left. I almost did myself - had to pit when everyone else was starting. Continued to drive, screwed up my braking for first chicane my first 2 real laps, then from then to like lap 18 I was largely fine.

Angst

brentech said:
I didn't realize MM had wrecked and that's why traffic stopped. I had to go back and see that. I felt like everyone was speeding up on that straight at the time and so I started to, only to suddenly feel like everyone was at a complete stop and couldn't stop myself in time to prevent hitting WeekendWarrior/whiteshadow.

Completely understand why he left. I almost did myself - had to pit when everyone else was starting. Continued to drive, screwed up my braking for first chicane my first 2 real laps, then from then to like lap 18 I was largely fine.
Yeah, I felt pretty bad for him. I almost crashed into chim at that point as well. But it was pretty hard to see what was happening at the back, so I didn't know how bad it was.

Same problem as I had in Rome, I got damaged but was in last place anyway so nobody noticed. I had to pit before the start line...

Niks

Angst said:
Edit - what happened to niks? I saw him outside the track on lap 2.
I outbraked myself on the first turn starting from pole.

:/

Oh well at least the fight with round D was good.

Congrats to the podium spots!

l2ounD

Im not a fan of these rolling starts anymore, half way of the track and I was already over 10 seconds behind. And towards the start I saw someone crawling and was slowing down more to not pass him till the guy infront of me just went for it.. wth?

Angst

l2ounD said:
Im not a fan of these rolling starts anymore, half way of the track and I was already over 10 seconds behind. And towards the start I saw someone crawling and was slowing down more to not pass him till the guy infront of me just went for it.. wth?
Yeah, that was basically what I feared when we started discussing them. I prefer just to trust everyone to keep their head cool the first couple of laps and go with normal starts.

Anyway - parade lap on the Ring will be awesome (to watch) :D

Dead Man

brentech said:

Yeah, I didn't understand what was happening then, but got out unscathed, too bad for Weekend Warrior. Guy can't seem to catch a break in his races.

Konosuke

Congratulations to everyone, this was a great race. First parade lap was a bit of a mess [apoiler]I blame you rain![/spoiler] but after that, and despite some incidents, it was a clean and respectful race. So good.gif

My personal race was so bad, I started good and did some good overtakes (including one early on at the Variante Della Rogia, it was clean!). After an early pit I made so many mistakes that I dropped from 5 to last : |

As a backmarker I think I didn't mess up and let you guys overtake me easily.

That said, I am so pumped for the last race of the season. It's going to be epic! Now to watch the epic 1st place battle.

UFRA

Angst said:
Yeah, that was basically what I feared when we started discussing them. I prefer just to trust everyone to keep their head cool the first couple of laps and go with normal starts.

Anyway - parade lap on the Ring will be awesome (to watch) :D

lol If we do want to go with that for the Ring, then we should do a "parade sector" instead. In other words, we simply follow the same rules as the parade lap, only we start the race on lap 1 when we pass the first sector end/2nd sector start line and the timer beeps.

That would work fine I think.

Thank you MM (and angst for the relay) wherever you are. I've learned at the epson is quite competitive, but in the last two races something happens on track that takes us out of a top three finish.

Angst

brentech said:
Yeah, I saw you went off in the second chicane. I hope it wasn't because you saw me and chim coming up behind you.

Anyway: PAL replay uploaded
UFRA said:
lol If we do want to go with that for the Ring, then we should do a "parade sector" instead. In other words, we simply follow the same rules as the parade lap, only we start the race on lap 1 when we pass the first sector end/2nd sector start line and the timer beeps.

That would work fine I think.
Yeah, something like that should work. I think the parade lap would take 25 minutes or something otherwise. And a few cars would most certainly crash as well.

@Toxa - it's the 24H version.

ashk

The Eneos Lexus was sadly missing from this race :( MikeDub couldn't make it in time and I had already made other plans since I thought I wasn't racing today. Sounds like you guys had an interesting race, I'm sad I had a chance to drive but wasn't able to make it.

@UFRA - I was thinking about something similar for the next race - either a parade sector, or a parade until the Nordschleife (and the beep you get there). I think both would work well, but I think the parade sector would be better since it would allow more of a safety gap to form until the Norschleife.

edit: oh and Angst's comment made me realise that we need to make the qualifying for the next race longer, since you don't have time to do even one timed lap in 15 mins because of the out lap.

UFRA

In all honesty I was almost thinking a parade sector would be a better thing for any track as well. (this is something we could test some day)

Think about it...

-The race starts on an area that is not the main straightaway. This means speeds aren't too high yet and people won't die.

-The race gets started quicker, which gives people less time to crash into each other during the parade lap which seems to be a difficult task lol. :p

-People won't get too far apart since, again - the race starts quicker.

-It still allows for a safer start compared to the grid start.

-Since sectors 'beep' when you pass the point on the track, there is still an easy understanding of when to begin racing - unlike other methods such as "accelerate out of the last turn" and such.

brentech

Angst said:
Yeah, I saw you went off in the second chicane. I hope it wasn't because you saw me and chim coming up behind you.
Yea, I was able to let mush by on the back straight. I didn't want to ruin someones race, but wanted to still make time. When u guys came up on me at the chicane, I wanted to make sure you could get by when you had the speed, but got caught up watching your position and didn't brake early enough, so I just bit it so I didnt cause a last lap disaster.

Sorry about leaving the race but after getting hit on both parade laps the frustration was too much. Besides that my dinner was getting cold and I'm not even sure I would have been able to finish the race, been having a lot of stability issues since the 1.07 patch. Luckily Gutterboy is taking the final race, I'm still looking forward to doing some practice rounds with you guys though. Peace.

Dead Man

weekend_warrior said:
Sorry about leaving the race but after getting hit on both parade laps the frustration was too much. Besides that my dinner was getting cold and I'm not even sure I would have been able to finish the race, been having a lot of stability issues since the 1.07 patch. Luckily Gutterboy is taking the final race, I'm still looking forward to doing some practice rounds with you guys though. Peace.
First one I hit Mush, who might have been pushed into you, don't know, sorry if that was the case.

Dibbz

Congrats on the win Angst.

Been busy so I'll try and catch up with what's been going on. Sounds like you guys had fun though :p

Mush

Just so you know Angst, I'm not bitter and holding a grudge against you or anything like that. :p I'll take being beaten fair over something controversial any day.

Wouldn't mind some votes on MVP/Spirit and a NTSC replay upload. :3

Angst

No worries mush. I was a bit surprised that you didn't try to block me on the finish straight though.

My votes:
STS - brentech. He sacrificed himself on lap 18 to let me and chim pass. He didn't have to do that and that's why hegets my vote.
MVP- mush :)

Dead Man

Mush said:
Just so you know Angst, I'm not bitter and holding a grudge against you or anything like that. :p I'll take being beaten fair over something controversial any day.

Wouldn't mind some votes on MVP/Spirit and a NTSC replay upload. :3
Spirit to Brentech for continuing after his first lap pit stop, MVP to Angst, I guess, but all 3 of you at the front were awesome.

Top Bottom