• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

Dibbz

Practice tonight? Ahh never mind. I'll get some alone time. Just me and the Ring. Oh yeah.

DAT RING

Anyways I done that questionaire thing a took a look at the results.

Tracks. What one's would you like to see next season?

a third driver for each teams to make sure all teams will take part to the race when the others drivers will absent, the third driver will only a replacement driver more later

lol that's an interesting track. You get it at lvl 40?

Anything else you'd like to add?

I don't want to drive a Lexus in Season 2 :(

tumblr_ldp3jukzHo1qb9a2wo1_500.png

Sorry :p

brentech

Did you like having 2 drivers to a Car and being in a Team? *
That question and the available answers confused the shit out of me. So I don't really understand what my answer translated into, lol.

How do you see results anyways?

Toxa

Dibbz said:
Practice tonight? Ahh never mind. I'll get some alone time. Just me and the Ring. Oh yeah.

DAT RING

Anyways I done that questionaire thing a took a look at the results.

lol that's an interesting track. You get it at lvl 40?

tumblr_ldp3jukzHo1qb9a2wo1_500.png

Sorry :p

Tracks. What one's would you like to see next season?

a third driver for each teams to make sure all teams will take part to the race when the others drivers will absent, the third driver will only a replacement driver more later

lol I was drunk xD

about the other question it wasn't me but it's funny :p

Mush

brentech said:
That question and the available answers confused the shit out of me. So I don't really understand what my answer translated into, lol.

How do you see results anyways?
I know the wording is a bit off, but I was basically trying to say do you like having to share your car with another person and taking turns with them or would you just prefer driving every race by yourself.

Konosuke

Form filled! I hope GT5 DLC'S new Super GT Cars. GT-R's arent overpowered when I drive them <.<
Does the points system need to be changed?
No, it needs to be changed.
:p

Also,
-Time change? Yeah! We should finish at night.
-Weather? No!
-Using an endurance format, i.e: racing for upwards of 1 hour. Yeah!

Mush

xOVxK.png

Race results after 18 laps

bYGEO.png

Team points standings after Round Seven

wwqYO.png

Drivers standings after Round Six
(please note, this only shows the drivers who have competed so far)

iAMRb.png

Awards

Pole position: Niks +10 points
Fastest Lap during Main Race: Niks +10 points
Most Lead Laps: Mush +10 points
MVP: Angst +15 points
Spirit of Translator-san: Brentech +15 points

Replays

Copy these to your XMB and import them to GT5 in the Replay menu.

Round Seven - Autodromo Nazionale Monza

Mush

Things to note:

-All points standings have been overhauled and recalculated. Along the way I found a lot of, ahh... "errors" which now have rectified. Promise.

-Still wouldn't mind a NTSC replay for Monza.

-We need to talk about the format for this weekend. Never mind the weather, how are we lot going to get qualifying and such done? I say we kick things off maybe at least 30 min earlier than normal.

-BIG ASS FEEDBACK FORM 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO.

ashk

Mush said:
-We need to talk about the format for this weekend. Never mind the weather, how are we lot going to get qualifying and such done? I say we kick things off maybe at least 30 min earlier than normal.

I'd agree with this. Also we should skip the "practice" and just jump straight to quali.

Oh and rainy races are terrible.

Angst

Looks like the next race will be pretty interesting:

If Dibbz can finish ahead of Toxa Team Ni-San will end up on second place for the season. If Toxa finishes ahead of Dibbz by more than two positions Capsule Corp Racing will end up on second place.

At the same time Dibbz is competing with Toxa for the second position in the driver standings as well. Toxa has a 35 points lead, so Dibbz need to drive very good indeed to beat Toxa.

2K Runners has a very solid lead though, only way that could change is if they get a DNF and Toxa or Dibbz wins and gets extra points!

This will be a nice race to watch! Wish I was racing though :p

Dead Man

I will be there at the start of the race, but I have an engagement party I will need to go to about 3 1/2 hours after the normal start time. So if we go too long I may have to bail.

UFRA

I change my votes:

Time change: Yes
Weather: No - after the practice session the rain really pissed me off. :p
Endurance: Yes

Dibbz

UFRA said:
I change my votes:

Time change: Yes
Weather: No - after the practice session the rain really pissed me off. :p
Endurance: Yes
What do you mean endurance? Oh and I'd love weather on for the record.

Mush you really need to decide what is going to be on in the race soonish though. Don't leave it until Saturday. I don't wanna spend time practicing only to find out its dry only or something.

UFRA

Everyone relax.

As an official representative for the NRL, I can confirm there is NO event planned for this weekend.

Brentech - you're fired for causing a panic.

:p lol

brentech

UFRA said:
Everyone relax.

As an official representative for the NRL, I can confirm there is NO event planned for this weekend.

I was just asking a question! =P

I thought there was an event since the calendar had one for the weekend, but wasn't sure if the changes to teams effected it
Since there is no event, it's not really a big deal. I just want both leagues to thrive and continue going...

Mush

UFRA said:
Everyone relax.

DAMN YOU MM AND YOUR MISLEADING UNEDITED OP!

/shakes fist

Niks

Toxa said:
massive rage quit mode saturday :p

How many can endure an entire lap around the infamous green hell with damage+rain!!??
Only the most hardcore will prevail!!!!

Tune in this saturday live from the nurburgring!!

Kaze13

I don't know if I was accepted yet but if I was and my car was recorde, I'd like to change it from the Raybrig NSX to the Calsonic GTR.

brentech

Niks said:
How many can endure an entire lap around the infamous green hell with damage+rain!!??
Only the most hardcore will prevail!!!!

Tune in this saturday live from the nurburgring!!
Yea, if someone takes damage on an early part of a lap, it'll tKe forever to reach the pits. Should be interesting.

Mush

Just FYI for all the new guys (ssolitare, Kaze13, Polyphony), I thank you for your interest, but I think you'll agree it's best that we leave your entry till next season, when we'll be in full swing again.

Thanks,

Mush.

UFRA

Mush said:
DAMN YOU MM AND YOUR MISLEADING UNEDITED OP!

/shakes fist

Metalmurphy
Banned
(11-16-2010, 08:58 PM)
Reply | Quote

Metalmurphy
Banned
(11-16-2010, 08:58 PM)

Metalmurphy
Banned

Banned

:p

Juicy Bob

Just imagine if they worked out a way for two people to share a single car in an online race by swapping during pit stops, B-Spec style? We could run longer races for Season 2 using both drivers in a team in every race.

ashk

Mush said:
Fuck it, we're going out with a BANG.

WEATHER: Dynamic
TIME: Dynamic
ENDURANCE: 1 hour and 30 min

Hope you take rain into consideration for the race duration, otherwise 1h30min could change into 2h30min :p

Angst

ashk said:
Hope you take rain into consideration for the race duration, otherwise 1h30min could change into 2h30min :p
I wish we could set the race at time duration instead of # of laps, making it a "real" endurance race setup. As you say, there's a real risk the race could drag on for quite some time.

ashk

Angst said:
I wish we could set the race at time duration instead of # of laps, making it a "real" endurance race setup. As you say, there's a real risk the race could drag on for quite some time.

Honestly, I can't imagine why that feature isn't in. I haven't done any of the timed A-spec endurance races, but isn't that the same thing?

Mush

ashk said:
Honestly, I can't imagine why that feature isn't in. I haven't done any of the timed A-spec endurance races, but isn't that the same thing?
Nah, they just set a number of laps that total up to the time for that particular race.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Mush said:

Filled it out. But yeah: I'm not going to be back for Season 2 as: A) I'M NOT THAT GOOD D: and B) GT5's trade restrictions have pretty much killed the love of the "game" for me. I still like the driving, but the grind for upgrade parts/new cars/etc. just kills the fun for me.

Angst

Mush said:
Nah, they just set a number of laps that total up to the time for that particular race.
InEffect is correct, besides, 24H races could be completed in ~12 hours with the X2010 if it was a set number of laps.

Kaze13

Can I still tag along in the race anyway? I'll start from the back and wait more than a few seconds before getting going. I just want to experience the race if possible.

UFRA

Kaze13 said:
Can I still tag along in the race anyway? I'll start from the back and wait more than a few seconds before getting going. I just want to experience the race if possible.

http://justin.tv/vissione

That link will take you to the live stream of the race when we do it. You can watch the entire thing live this way thanks to Vissione. :)

Angst

Kaze13 said:
lol, I want to experience racing the race not watching the race. Oh well. Nevermind then.
The issue is that you, without intent, could get in the way for someone. Especially if it starts to rain. And imagine the meltdown in the forums if someone not racing happened to ruin the race for someone that is racing.

And just hanging back might not be any insurance. With damage at heavy a small mistake might mean a 30 minutes lap limping back to the pits...

Kaze13 said:
lol, I want to experience racing the race not watching the race. Oh well. Nevermind then.

Just come to the practice sessions then. It's really not fair to ask the other members to allow a spectator car on the track just for the sake of it. No one expects you to be disruptive, but accidents do happen, and it's not a risk worth taking.

Mush

XFpJg.jpg

Course Map

Uh3y9.png

Race Info

-8 Laps/202.87km/125.51mi

Footage

GT5 Race
On-board footage featuring Mr. Kazunori Yamauchi

Preview write-up by Mush

After 7 rounds, nearly 1000km and over 150 laps of racing, it all comes down to this. The stage is set, and that stage happens to be the most daunting race track in the world, the Nurburgring, or the "Green Hell" as it's more commonly known. The Nurburgring is composed of several layouts, but the venue that will be hosting this weekends grand finale is the "Gesamtstrecke", which is the Grand Prix circuit and the old Nordschleife combined. This 15km long monstrosity can only be described as the ultimate test of driver and machine, which is no wonder auto manufacturers from all over the world come here to test their creations. However, this weekend will much more than a test. It will be a time for all drivers to put all their skills that they have accumulated over the season in to motion. The Nurburgring is a gauntlet of different surfaces, track widths, and just about every corner you could think of. It could easily be mistaken for a street circuit as it features armco stretching the entire span of the track on either side, and only a small portion of grass between the barriers and the track itself. This truly is ultimate challenge for any race driver.

Since the Drivers Championship was wrapped up all the back on the streets of Special Stage Route 5, all that remains up for grabs is the Teams Championship. 2K Runners leads with 660 points, with Team Ni-san and Capsule Corp Racing duking it out for the runner up spot, respectively. Capsule Corp has held the advantage over Team Ni-san for most of the season, until 2 consecutive victories in the last 2 rounds for the 350Z entry turned the tables, and they now lead Capsule Corp with a slender 20 point advantage with 540 points. Back in 4th place is NZGR, the highest placed Honda run squad, with the GT-R of Foxtrot Oscar only 10 points behind the NSX with 360, and the Eneos SC430 of the Flaming Deers in close reach of both teams with 305. Further down the field it's an even tighter race for the final placings as positions 7 through 13 are only 90 points apart. Anything could happen by the time the chequered flag falls for the last time this Season.

The Nurburgring has earned it's reputation as the harshest mistress in the world of Motorsport over the years. One slip up over the course of a lap could mean game over for any drivers hopes of placing well in this years table. Who will prevail and come out on the top of the heap at the end of it all? We will only know come Sunday Saturday.

(HERP DERP OSCAR FOXTROT HAS A HORN)

UFRA

Great write-up Mush. This will be exciting. :)

Although you should have mentioned how my GTR has an advantage since it has a horn. :p

Kaze13 said:

As others have said, it really is a risky situation to have someone else out there 'just for fun'. This is the final race in the season, and not only is it a critical battle for positions in the rankings, but it's also a super difficult track. We've spent the whole season practicing and building up to this. :)

It's not like you are just joining us in the beginning of a season. You simply have to wait 1 race, and then sign-ups for season 2 begin lol.

Also, there are many other members in the league who just have to watch the stream, it would be unfair to let some people join the race just for fun, while others can't.

Mush

TheSeks said:
Filled it out. But yeah: I'm not going to be back for Season 2 as: A) I'M NOT THAT GOOD D: and B) GT5's trade restrictions have pretty much killed the love of the "game" for me. I still like the driving, but the grind for upgrade parts/new cars/etc. just kills the fun for me.
Thanks a lot for filling this out man. I know you haven't had the best time this season but I thank you for still turning up and giving it your best shot (and also hurrying up my ass when I needed it).

Some things to note:

-The lobby will open at 20.00GMT. The aim is to get qualifying going by 20.45GMT AT THE ABSOLUTE LATEST with the race starting at 21.30GMT. Let me know if this works/doesn't work for you, we can still change it. :p

-I will be setting up a finale discussion topic over on Gaming side on race day for several reasons:

1. Exposure. You guys have been so so amazing over the last 2 months so it's only fair that the rest of GAF gets to see some of it's finest compete for glory. Plus some more potential entries for Season 2 doesn't hurt either.

2. Every fighting game/tournament and their mother gets a fucking topic every week, why should we have to be regulated to the dungeons of the "Community" section?

3. vissione has been working his ass off all Season, he deserves more hits. I mean, who the fuck comes into a lobby on race day and announces they will be streaming the race live over the interwebs, for nothing? He wasn't asked, he wasn't told to; he just did it. You have to be a pretty awesome person to take out your own personal time and resources for a bunch of complete strangers.
<3 http://justin.tv/vissione

-The following drivers are ineligible to race this weekend because they have reached their 4 race limit (unless they are racing as a reserve driver).

seattle6418
Mush
l2ounD
Angst
Niks
Juicy Bob
weekend_warrior

-I'm sorry Kaze, but that's just how Mush rolls.

L0gsfl.jpg

(It's not the same car I drive, but it's close enough. :3)

Top Bottom