• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

Angst

Looking at the replay I definitely don't think slipstream was the key here. I slipstreamed behind mush for about 2 seconds before going up beside him. He had worse tyre grip than me and consequently his exit speed from the last corner was slower than mine.

Some pics:

Niks overshoots the first chicane after the parade lap:
79MYbl.jpg

I go off track on lap 5. Before that little detour I was around 4-5 seconds behind the lead. After this I was around 9 seconds behind:
GmPH8l.jpg

Chim goes off track on the same lap:
HhAl0l.jpg

Last lap. I've managed to overtake Chim and am closing in on mush. Brentech sees me coming up behind and decides to let me by:
ElNLGl.jpg

I try to overtake Mush on the grass... didn't work :p
iHsL7l.jpg

5 second from the finish line mush and I are side by side:
Sp74Fl.jpg

Finish line:
un1tbl.jpg

More pics at http://urbs.imgur.com/monza

brentech

Lol. I didn't mean to just let you by like that. Intended to do it on the track, but got caught up watching your location and didn't brake in time.

Toxa

Angst said:
I definitely don't think slipstream was the key here.

I took part a lot of practice for this race and I watched the stream and it was all about splistream the entire race.

overtaking was often done only in a straight line(with endless batlle between drivers) I have rarely seen someone passing in a corner because he was actually faster
!

so I can patiently waiting behind the leader the entire race and win withe splitstream on the finish line :/ instead to get caught in a enless batlle

PD need to fix the splitstream online because it's different in a-spec.

I do not mean that you do not deserve your win and your place on the podium, you managed to pass chim and catch mush with worn tires it's all credit to you but win like that ... imo you can do it for the second place or another postion but for the win :/

once again it's only my opinion ;)

18 laps was too short for this race (no pit stop)

Angst

I get what you're saying Toxa. But as you say yourself - people slipstream during the whole race. Why shouldn't I do it on the last lap? Makes no sense at all. And had the race been one more lap I wouldn't have needed to use the slipstream. As you can see in the replay I tried passing mush earlier but messed up. If I had passed him he would have been the one slipstreaming me for the win. It's part of the game as it is now - dealwithit.gif :D

And yeah, I think only MM did a pitstop to change tyres. We should have made it a 30 laps race, but it would have been a pretty long race that way.

Edit: By relay, here are Metalmurphy's votes:
MVP: Mush
STS: Niks

Dibbz

Toxa don't complain.

If I recall you actually said anything goes on the last lap and if you were leading and someone was behind you, you would block anyone trying to slipstream you.

So 2nd place is not meant to try and overtake at all on the final straight? Gimme a break.

Toxa

Dibbz said:
Toxa don't complain.

If I recall you actually said anything goes on the last lap and if you were leading and someone was behind you, you would block anyone trying to slipstream you.

So 2nd place is not meant to try and overtake at all on the final straight? Gimme a break.

except Nascar have you seen someone win with splistream often ?

you lead a race and managed to keep your opponent behind you throughout the race and Finaly you loose on the finish line.
In your opinion who deserves to win?

r246 the walls allows to block your opponent, but Monza or Fuji there's a lot of space it's impossible to proctect your place !

next time if you lead a race I'll wait the finish line to win the race.

there's an issue with the splistreame (online) in this game.

sorry but prefers to lead a race before the finish line and tell myself I was better that day, that's my philosophy !

UFRA

Toxa said:
so I can patiently waiting behind the leader the entire race and win withe splitstream on the finish line :/ instead to get caught in a enless batlle

See that's the thing. Angst didn't do that at all.

He even said he was 9 seconds behind the lead at one point. By all means, that's NOT sitting behind the leader waiting to pounce on the last lap like a cheap guy.

He had to out-drive Mush the entire race and slowly shave those seconds off. Not to mention with crappy tires. In the end, he caught Mush, and used a bit of slip stream on the last straight. It's not like Angst was using Mush's slipstream every lap, and he was a crappy driver and only used slipstream to stay behind him. Quite the contrary. :p

I believe I can safely say most of us would have taken that win. Also, if I was Mush I would have tried one safe blocking move.

Toxa

UFRA said:
See that's ...

I do not want to talk more, IMO there's no satifaction to win a race like that ...

I will not try to win a race on the finish line with the splistream no matter if I was close behind you during the entire race or 30 sec behind

that's it ...

Mush

Toxa, I really appreciate your support in this matter but I feel that it's pointless.

Yes, Angst did use the slipstream to overtake which I fully agree is overpowered. However, in order to get close enough to overtake me and use the slipstream, he had to out drive me, which he did. That's a fair win in my book. I don't feel like I was robbed or anything, I didn't have a sudden urge to throw my steering wheel through my TV after the race, I was simply beaten fair and square. I knew the moment that Angst pulled out that it was all over and I had to except 2nd place, which considering my previous results through out the season, was a victory in itself. :p It didn't even cross my mind to try and block him.

Toxa

Mush said:
Toxa, I really appreciate your support in this matter but I feel that it's pointless.

yeah that's why I do not want to talk more.

you did a great race, you fought for the first place with chim, I still think you deserved the win.

it's just my opinion

UFRA

Are we going to do a vote on weather/time for the Ring, or is that going to be a dealwithit.gif? lol

Also, would you guys be up for a Nurburgring practice tomorrow (Monday) around the normal time of our race days?

Mush

UFRA said:
Are we going to do a vote on weather/time for the Ring, or is that going to be a dealwithit.gif? lol

Also, would you guys be up for a Nurburgring practice tomorrow (Monday) around the normal time of our race days?
Looks like I've got several things I have to put to you guys then.

-Time change?
-Weather?
-Using an endurance format, i.e: racing for upwards of 1 hour.

Kaze13

here is an idea. When race day comes up, look up the current weather at the Nurb and apply during the race. In fact, it would be much more interesting if you applied this across all the racetracks on the calendar.

Mush

Kaze13 said:
here is an idea. When race day comes up, look up the current weather at the Nurb and apply during the race. In fact, it would be much more interesting if you applied this across all the racetracks on the calendar.
Sigh... if only more race tracks had options for weather. As for your entry, I'll have a think about it.

Kaze13

Mush said:
Sigh... if only more race tracks had options for weather. As for your entry, I'll have a think about it.

Maybe it will be patched in :) I don't have much of a history yet but I do aspire to run very clean races.

Mush

Kaze13 said:
Maybe it will be patched in :) I don't have much of a history yet but I do aspire to run very clean races.
It's not that I don't trust you or anything like that, I'm just curious if this will be a one-off thing or are you planning to stick around for a possible Season 2?

Kaze13

Mush said:
It's not that I don't trust you or anything like that, I'm just curious if this will be a one-off thing or are you planning to stick around for a possible Season 2?

I wanted in since GT5 released and the leagues were formed but my account didn't get activated here in Ngaf in time. I'll stick around.

Mush

Kaze13 said:
I wanted in since GT5 released and the leagues were formed but my account didn't get activated here in Ngaf in time. I'll stick around.
Good to know. Now I'll just need your credit card number and I'll get you signed right up. ;)

Kaze13

Mush said:
Good to know. Now I'll just need your credit card number and I'll get you signed right up. ;)

Sure.
It'dbefunnyifsome

It expires on
one

the security code is
rly

unspoiler those spoilers. ;)

UFRA

Mush said:
BIG ASS FEEDBACK FORM

Much appreciated if you guys could fill this out. I know it's not the end of the season yet, but it'd be great if we could get the ball rolling for a possible Season 2.

I click on that and it just says "Sample Question 1" "Sample Question 2" with blank spaces. lol

Toxa

UFRA said:

I'm in :p

Mush said:

-Time change?
-Weather?

-Time change? yes
-Weather? yes
-Using an endurance format, i.e: racing for upwards of 1 hour ? and yes

xD

Angst

UFRA said:

Count me in as well :) I'm not doing the next race unfortunately (unless Dibbz for some reason can't pull himself away from KZ3), but the practice sessions are so much fun I can't stay away.

Btw, toxa - no offense taken, lets just move on to the next race :)

UFRA

Great. I'm hoping by letting people know a bit further in advance we get a good turnout. I won't be around the rest of the week so Monday or Friday is my only practice day.

Luckily my extensive time spent getting all gold in the AMG events makes me confident I can handle the Ring. Especially since I just love the track anyways. :)

Also - Toxa. I feel I should just say that my comments in response to yours were just my opinion as well, and I don't mean to sound as if I was upset with you. :p I do respect your philosophy on the slipstreaming matter very much in all honesty. And I too think slipstreaming is overpowered in this game.

Also, my vote is "yes" to all 3 Nurburgring conditions as well. Let's end the season with a bang, yes? lol

Dead Man

Mush said:

-Time change?
-Weather?
Yes to all. The weather will kill me, but it will be interesting.

ashk

Mush said:

-Time change?
-Weather?

-Yes. The visibility at night in the unlighted parts is horrible (unless someone knows if it's possible to turn high beams on?), but it just makes you know the track better.
-No. After watching the last race (which was supposed to be a "wet weather experiment") fail to get past its parade lap in the wet, I'm not convinced that everyone can handle rain.
-Yes. But only if we stick to the schedule, i.e. not start an hour later. Since qualifying will have to be prolonged, I'd suggest cutting the 15 mins of practice and just start with quali immediately.

See you in practice ;)

Toxa

UFRA said:
Great. I'm hoping by letting people know a bit further in advance we get a good turnout. I won't be around the rest of the week so Monday or Friday is my only practice day.

Luckily my extensive time spent getting all gold in the AMG events makes me confident I can handle the Ring. Especially since I just love the track anyways. :)

Also - Toxa. I feel I should just say that my comments in response to yours were just my opinion as well, and I don't mean to sound as if I was upset with you. :p I do respect your philosophy on the slipstreaming matter very much in all honesty. And I too think slipstreaming is overpowered in this game.

Also, my vote is "yes" to all 3 Nurburgring conditions as well. Let's end the season with a bang, yes? lol

It's ok guys I wasn't upset, I also respect your opinion ;) I'm not angry + I wasn't involved in this race xD

Toxa

Mush said:
BIG ASS FEEDBACK FORM 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO.

Alright, this should work now. Added some more options and stuff.

great thanks :)

Would you be in favor of introducing a "Success Ballast" system, like the one used in the real Super GT? *

yep only if there's still a gap between some cars, if we manage to balance the championship with standar cars I don't think we sould penalized a driver because he got higher driving skills .

there's a lot of pretty good driver here like salacious, fas or ashk ... if everyone own a good car the championship should be more interesting ;)

btw the last time race in the NRL I didn't experience any trouble at all with my network it worked fine and no ghost car

ashk said:
-Yes. The visibility at night in the unlighted parts is horrible (unless someone knows if it's possible to turn high beams on?), but it just makes you know the track better.

deal with it :p

Mush

Also, just something I've been thinking about the last few days, would anyone be willing (I know this is a huge ask) to put together a montage of sorts of the season? Doesn't need be too fancy or anything, just something with a variety of footage and a decent song in the background. :p

Toxa

Mush said:
Also, just something I've been thinking about the last few days, would anyone be willing (I know this is a huge ask) to put together a montage of sorts of the season? Doesn't need be too fancy or anything, just something with a variety of footage and a decent song in the background. :p

maybe I can do that if someone can give me some footage from our races in MP4 or WMV

Toxa

since the patch 1.07 they fixed the PP sytem and I checked :

Lexus Bandai : 600pp
Xanavi GTR: 678 or 670

brentech

Toxa said:
since the patch 1.07 they fixed the PP sytem and I checked :

Lexus Bandai : 600pp
Xanavi GTR: 678 or 670

Wow, yeah. My Toyota Yellowhat is 598.
Now that go I through the others in my garage, which are not even broken in like my Yellowhat, and still out class it.
Most the others have an unused PP around 630, give or take. So no downforce or oil-change and they woop my car's ass. Greeeeaaaat.
:(

Angst

Niks said:
Filled out the form.

I suggest lots of "off-season testing" to iron all the new rules and whatnot out.
I agree. We shouldn't have a too long off-season though in my opinion for two reasons. 1: People might forget about the league and 2: I want to race again dammit!

Regarding PP - I checked my Xanavi right now and it has 625 PP. Don't know what you've done to your Xanavi to get 670 PP... :)

UIq96l.jpg

Anyway, PP, even though they said they improved them isn't working very well as lots of tests have shown.

UFRA

Form completed.

I'm happy to see people are supporting the inclusion of the standard Super GT cars into season 2. That will make me a happy camper. :p

Can someone please upload the 2nd round replay file in pal. Mediafire link doesn't work. Did not get round to signing up for season 1 but hopefully can join for the new season.

Angst

Set the lounge to changeable weather and time. Started raining after 20 mins and after another 20 minutes it's getting pretty difficult...

Edit - I know I said "BRB", but now it's too late to rejoin for me. :(

Some thoughts:
We will need to have a pretty long qualification session if everyone is to get a registered time. It takes almost 10 minutes to start the timer. And if you mess up before that or on the qualification lap with damage on it's back to the pits... Probably need at minimum 30 minutes, but preferably longer. Maybe start the quali 1 hour before race start and let people take their time?

Top Bottom