• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

Dibbz

Good race guys will post some pics tomorrow. There were some epic parts like the Mazda furai coming out of nowhere on ss7. And beating us all lol

Dibbz

Nice pic you got there sparta. Good to see more people getting the super gt cars. Hopefully more guys can join us racing.

SSR 7 Wet

Visibility 0.... GO GO GO

5300780254_8d9a6e0ba9_b.jpg

UFRA comes out of nowhere in his GT-R

5300780258_66d9665f1b_b.jpg

UFRA's extra BHP doesn't count for much on turns though :p

5300780262_21fe9d0a68_b.jpg

SSR 7 Dry

We go again but this time in the dry. Starts good, we can see the cars in front of us this time :lol

UFRA Toxian and Me neck and neck through the massive tunnel

5300780270_34f7276c19_b.jpg

Getting tense now we are all still neck and neck and there are a few more bends coming up. By now we are far ahead of the rest of the pack so whoever can nail these last few bends will win it.

5300780274_7b22e2a9cb_b.jpg

MAZDA FURAI OUT OF NOWHERE

5300780280_0373448be8_b.jpg

Furai beat us all :||||||||||||||

5300191637_3b6b11ae9f_b.jpg

Monza 3 Laps

Proper track now. Was real close between me and Toxian the whole way. Good clean race so far, he covers his inside line well.

5300191641_555c76734f_b.jpg

On to the last lap, I get a good exit on the last turn and get the slipstream from Toxian to beat him but wait he cuts across the track to block me, I run wide on to the grass but still beat him to the line. Cheecky bugger :lol

5300191643_86bf4a8703_b.jpg

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
What's the status of the yellow Supra team? Any vacancies?

Mush

blu said:
What's the status of the yellow Supra team? Any vacancies?
I'll have to check with 2K runners if they still want to enter 2 cars, but there is currently a spot with Omiee and the Denso Lexus if you're keen?

PmSpn.png

blu

Mush said:
I'll have to check with 2K runners if they still want to enter 2 cars, but there is currently a spot with Omiee and the Denso Lexus if you're keen?
Thanks, I might go for the Denso if the yellowHats are taken. I just need to buy a couple of JGTCs yet. A technical question: is the league wheel-only? Because I just moved to a new place and I haven't unpacked the wheel yet, nor do I see it happening soon.

Mush

blu said:
Thanks, I might go for the Denso if the yellowHats are taken. I just need to buy a couple of JGTCs yet. A technical question: is the league wheel-only? Because I just moved to a new place and I haven't unpacked the wheel yet, nor do I see it happening soon.
Nope. Controllers or Wheels, we don't mind. ;)

h3ro

Hey Toxa, I tried sending you a friend request, your list is full.

Also, Crumb and I are calling our team Team Jordan GT-R. :D

Niks said:
I could join if there are still spots open.

Take my spot.

Sorry guys but something came up and I don't think I'll have the time to be in the league anymore.

Hope you guys have fun and I'll be rooting for MikeDub and his new partner.

EL Beefo

Juicy Bob said:
Ok, Beefo. Which one of us is going to run the first race this weekend?

Either would be fine with me, though I'll be unable to get any practice in until the day of the race as I don't have my wheel with me at the moment.

So I guess I am running solo in the Lexus Eneos unless there is anyone else who wants to take part. I was thinking about running the empty seat as a 'special guest' seat because there are bound to be people who will want to take part after we have started the league.

weekend_warrior said:
When is the first race? I haven't been practicing, not even sure if it's me or Gutterboy running it.

You want Laguna or Suzuka? I am pretty good at both, so what ever you prefer.

How many laps are these races?

Angst

gutterboy44 said:
You want Laguna or Suzuka? I am pretty good at both, so what ever you prefer.

How many laps are these races?
OP says 30 minutes, so I presume the first race at Suzuka will be a 15 lap event.

Looking through the OP I'd like to quote this as it's really important IMO:
Racing Etiquette and Behaviour

All drivers are expected to show each other the utmost respect on, and off the track. Bullying and excessive profanities will not be tolerated via GAF, PSN, or while in the game lobby. Smacktalk is allowed, but keep it friendly. While driving on the track, whether it be in Practice, Qualifying or the Main Race, you must show courtesy towards others. For example, if someone is trying to lap you in the Main Race or is on a fast lap in Qualifying, do not purposely hold them up by slowing down or hog the favoured the racing line; let them through when it is safe to do so. Do not purposely cut corners or ram other drivers; this is supposed to be a competitive series, but enjoyable for all as well.

And one more thing to consider before the race:

You don't win the race in the first corner, but you can easily lose it in the first corner.

And going into the first corner in the first lap your tyres will be cold, meaning much less grip. Brake early!

I'm looking forward to the race and hope it will be a nice competitive event. :D

Toxa

Angst said:
Yeah and in the sand pit before the tunnel... :-(

We should do another practice soon - maybe tomorrow at 8 PM GMT+1?

lol you can lose it anytime :D

tomorrow I'm in ;)

I´m here, i know it´s THIS weekend.

Which reminds me i have to buy my car:lol

Hopefully you guys won´t see the smiley front of my car much:D

GodofWine

Will be buying my car finally this week...need to practice the first track...need to look up what the first track is..and the rules again

Mush

seattle6418 said:
As far as i know i´m still running the yellow Supra...

Right Mush?
That's correct. I've been meaning to PM viakado for ages, but he's (and 2K runners) are still keen, right?

blu

seattle6418 said:
As far as i know i´m still running the yellow Supra...

Right Mush?
Are you accepting teammates? I'm willing to hop in the second yellowHat, if I can make it to level 18 by the weekend (doing special events now to level up).

Angst

I know I proposed a Super GT practice today, but I'm currently doing the ring with Metalmurphy instead. Anybody interested in some fun low HP race, check out official thread for the room #.

Niks

Angst said:
I know I proposed a Super GT practice today, but I'm currently doing the ring with Metalmurphy instead. Anybody interested in some fun low HP race, check out official thread for the room #.

We could still do practice later?

Top Bottom