• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

blu said:
Are you accepting teammates? I'm willing to hop in the second yellowHat, if I can make it to level 18 by the weekend (doing special events now to level up).

Cool with me, but i have to check with viakado if he assigned any of the 2krunners as my co-driver.

I´ll let you guys know.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
seattle6418 said:
Cool with me, but i have to check with viakado if he assigned any of the 2krunners as my co-driver.

I´ll let you guys know.
Thanks!

Angst

Ok, Suzuka event tomorrow, have we decided how many laps we will race?

And if it's possible I'd like to have TC enabled.

blu

Mush said:
I got a PM from viakado saying that he won't be running the YellowHat Supra, just the Autech GT-R, so it's all yours if you want it.
I do, thanks. My psn id is blu765.

Toxa

Angst said:
Ok, Suzuka event tomorrow, have we decided how many laps we will race?

And if it's possible I'd like to have TC enabled.

with pits stop ? and at what time will it start ?

I object to the use of traction control or any driving assistance :p

Mush

If it makes you feel any better, we won't be running in the rain, at least not for Suzuka. :p

12 or so laps sounds about right.

Mush said:
I got a PM from viakado saying that he won't be running the YellowHat Supra, just the Autech GT-R, so it's all yours if you want it.

But i´m running the YellowHat Supra!

WHAT´S GOING ON:lol :lol

blu said:
I do, thanks. My psn id is blu765.

Sorry man, i have no idea what´s going on. Since 2krunners are already running one car, i think i´ll be the co driver for viakado and you can drive the Supra. I think it´s a better solution for all of us.

Let me know what you think.

Angst

Toxa said:
with pits stop ? and at what time will it start ?

I object to the use of traction control or any driving assistance :p
:-/ fair enough, although IMO if you're good at racing with TC off you'll be faster than those who use TCS as it slows down the car. But ok, TC=OFF :D

If we're doing 15 laps we'll be having pit stops I think. Or can you do 15 laps on Suzuka with hard tyres?

I'll be picking up a new copy of GT5 this afternoon and starting grind toward my car(GT-R Xanavi Nismo Super GT '08); time to get re-acquainted with manual shifting on the DS3.

blu

seattle6418 said:
Sorry man, i have no idea what´s going on. Since 2krunners are already running one car, i think i´ll be the co driver for viakado and you can drive the Supra. I think it´s a better solution for all of us.

Let me know what you think.
If that's the case hopefully I'll be able to run the yellowHat. What time is the event tomorrow?

GodofWine

Im literally going to buy the car and race it tomorrow...who needs seat time....and I cannot seem to get around Suzuka smoothly anymore...used to me one of my best tracks...I just dont want to be lapped (twice)

Juicy Bob

Beefo: as I am going to miss Round 4 on the 29th, I was wondering whether you'd be interested in running all the even-numbered rounds and letting me run all the odd-numbered ones? Which'd also mean that I'd run this race tomorrow and you'd run the last race as a result. Is that cool?

UFRA

Hey guys I'm gonna host a Super GT practice on Suzuka only for a couple hours right now.

Room number: Closed

Angst

UFRA said:
Hey guys I'm gonna host a Super GT practice on Suzuka only for a couple hours right now.

Room number: 1472-6681-3630-4566-9183
Sadly I'm not able to join. Looking forward to tomorrow though!

Edit - oh what the hell, AC:B can wait :D

blu

GodofWine said:
Im literally going to buy the car and race it tomorrow...who needs seat time....and I cannot seem to get around Suzuka smoothly anymore...used to me one of my best tracks...I just dont want to be lapped (twice)
I'm with you there, only difference is I just bought the car after some money & lvl grinding ; ) Then did some more grinding just to make enough money for the engine and body restoration of my workhorse (man, I love that car).

Well after the sneak preview tonight I can confirm tomorrow will be a disaster for me :lol Has highlighted how much I rely on the assists.

Dibbz

Some fun races. I started to get quick at Suzuka by the end of it, but no where near Crumb :|

I went off the first corner nearly every race but luckily everyone else seemed to go off not to far a head of me so I had plenty of chances to overtake :D

Do we know who is meant to turn up tomorrow? Angst is doing it for Team Ni-san tomorrow.

EDIT:- BTW Angst if you're reading this before the race tomorrow watch out for the sand before the tunnel (degner 1&2), you seem to like to roll around in it a lot :lol Other than that I have full faith in you :D

EL Beefo

Juicy Bob said:
Beefo: as I am going to miss Round 4 on the 29th, I was wondering whether you'd be interested in running all the even-numbered rounds and letting me run all the odd-numbered ones? Which'd also mean that I'd run this race tomorrow and you'd run the last race as a result. Is that cool?

Sounds good to me. Good luck!

Niks

Goin by todays practice, the race is going to be awesome.

1st lap is going to be hell though!
:p

Good races today guys.

UFRA

That was a fun practice guys. I stayed WAY longer than I planned lol. I think I kept the room up for like 4 hours straight. That's a lot of Suzuka racing!!

I put over 200 miles on my car throughout the practice. So much that I needed an oil change badly by the end.

I started the day with 518HP and ended with 503HP lol.

Aside from that one random guy which lagged ALL OVER THE PLACE, we had a pretty good bunch of extra racers that didn't cause too many issues.

Toxa

so great night overall :) can't wait for tomorrow :p

as I feared with 505hp (with fresh oil) I can't compete for the win with the lexus bandai, but at least for the podium.
the behavior of the car was weird ...
it will be interesting, actually I'm tired of fighting for victory :D however I was able to win with the supra and the xanavi gtr .

congrats to Salacious Crumb he will be a real contender for the victory.

I am pleased to see that some guys have improved their driving skills.

so my goal for the championship will be to grab as many points as I can :)

the last race was awesome, actually it was the most thrilling race that have ever experienced online in gt5 and I will share with you the replay tomorrow, it was insanely good like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bf-XoJDuN9I#t=2m32s

2m32 to 2m55

Dibbz

Toxa I thought the race with you and the lagger was intense :lol

I was watching you race and all I could see what this purple NSX banging into walls, sparks flying everywhere, bouncing all around you. I was waiting for him to just wipe you out but for some reason he wasn't effecting you at all.

Wonder what that NSX guy could see on his screen, probably just matrix code or something scrolling down. :lol

Toxa

Dibbz said:
Toxa I thought the race with you and the lagger was intense :lol

I was watching you race and all I could see what this purple NSX banging into walls, sparks flying everywhere, bouncing all around you. I was waiting for him to just wipe you out but for some reason he wasn't effecting you at all.

Wonder what that NSX guy could see on his screen, probably just matrix code or something scrolling down. :lol

maybe, during several minutes I have experienced some network issue.

Judging by the tyres degradation I think a pit stop will be necessary

GodofWine

OK...finally got the car...but practiced with TC on...damnit....:lol

So I can change the oil, and we can use the tires of our choice? correct?

Mush

ghostofsparta said:
Does anybody have a capture card? I would love to see how the race goes.
I don't sadly. :/ I don't know how big the limit is for replays, but if possible I'll put it up here after the race so you can watch it in GT5. If anyone else can record the race in a Youtubeable format I will book a plane ticket and personally hug you.

Angst

Dibbz said:
Some fun races. I started to get quick at Suzuka by the end of it, but no where near Crumb :|

I went off the first corner nearly every race but luckily everyone else seemed to go off not to far a head of me so I had plenty of chances to overtake :D

Do we know who is meant to turn up tomorrow? Angst is doing it for Team Ni-san tomorrow.

EDIT:- BTW Angst if you're reading this before the race tomorrow watch out for the sand before the tunnel (degner 1&2), you seem to like to roll around in it a lot :lol Other than that I have full faith in you :D
Yeah I know, I'll try to do a lot of practice offline today to get the hang of them :)

So - have we decided on 15 laps for Suzuka?

Toxa

so far I'm pretty confident for the race, I'm just worried about the deterioration of tires, I don't know how the car will react and I still don't know exactly the number of laps (12, 15 laps ?) so I am not sure what strategy to adopt

I also hope that the black screen will not occur in a corner , I need a new screen asap

Top Bottom