• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Super GT League, presented by Mush & the NeoGAF Racing League.

Firewire

Banned
Ok guys I'm finally ready for this. I know you guys have a series running right now, but when you guys set up the next one add me to the list (pm me for PSN ID). I'll take any car that is available and I'm willing to partner up with almost anyone.

I'm usually on after 9 or 10:00pm EST, so I hope that works out, if not I'll try and work something out.

Angst

Mush won't be hosting as he is on a crappy connection (NZ). I presume Ufra will be hosting - doesn't really matter who does it. Details will be posted here.

As nobody has said anything I'm calling it:

15 laps.
:D

I´ll be on the sidelines, and if viakado or blu can´t make it, i´m ready to but the cars and step in.

Final and Full entry list will be posted here?

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
seattle6418 said:
I´ll be on the sidelines, and if viakado or blu can´t make it, i´m ready to but the cars and step in.

Thanks for the backing up, mate, hopefully I'll be there *fingers crossed for no issues with fuel pump™*

I just realized it's not mentioned anywhere: what ABS setting are we supposed to use? I usually drive at 1, but if need be I can go ABS-less. *gulp*

dkeane

What's the best site to find tuning configs for cars? I've been to GTPlanet but it's very disorganized.

Looking for a tuning for my Camaro Z28 RM

Thanks for any advice!

Sorry if this is the wrong thread, I really don't understand how threads are placed on GAF anymore.

Mush

blu said:
I just realized it's not mentioned anywhere: what ABS setting are we supposed to use? I usually drive at 1, but if need be I can go ABS-less. *gulp*
ABS settings will be default, meaning 1.

Niks

seattle6418 said:
I´ll be on the sidelines, and if viakado or blu can´t make it, i´m ready to buy the cars and step in.

Is this possible?
Im already UFRAS team mate, but in order to ensure a full grid if needed, I am willing to step in another car as a temporal replacement if needed.

Firewire we had practice yesterday for about 4 hours :D from 5 till 9 EST aprox.

Mush

Firewire I just checked and we still have a spot available with Omiee in this sexy beast. All you need to do is get in contact with him and say that you'll be co-driving with him.
PmSpn.png

Just another reminder: IT IS UP TO TEAMS TO DECIDE WHO WILL BE DRIVING FOR EACH RACE, AKA TODAY. USE YOUR PM SYSTEM PEOPLE. ;)

Firewire

Banned
Niks said:
Firewire we had practice yesterday for about 4 hours :D from 5 till 9 EST aprox.

4 hours! That's awesome! Damn I would love to get into some of that but it's to early in the day for me. If you see me on and you are practicing or racing still send me the details to join, I'd like to watch you guys do your thing! :D

Firewire

Banned
Mush said:
Firewire I just checked and we still have a spot available with Omiee in this sexy beast. All you need to do is get in contact with him and say that you'll be co-driving with him.
PmSpn.png

I'd love to, but the time doesn't work for me :(

Mush

Ah well you can't please em' all. :) I'll post info when the time comes so others like you can watch.

mldnE.png

Updated entry list. Two spots still in limbo.

Toxa

Mush said:
Ah well you can't please em' all. :) I'll post info when the time comes so others like you can watch.

dPXrT.png

Updated entry list. Two spots still in limbo.

my Team is "Capsule Corp Racing" ;)

h3ro

Crumb and I are Team Jordan GT-R. :)

If I had known Crumb also rolled with the Turquoise Jeep, we would have been TEAM SMANG.

Edit: Screw that, Crumb and I are TEAM SMANG :D

blu

Apropos, I suggest we all drive with a mandatory oil change, to alleviate any unexpected deficiencies some of us might have dialed in to their vehicles over the past few days.

Mush

blu said:
Apropos, I suggest we all drive with a mandatory oil change, to alleviate any unexpected deficiencies some of us might have dialed in to their vehicles over the past few days.
I'm still in the dark about how the engine break-in theory works. But yes, oil changes will be mandatory.

Dibbz

Mush said:
I'm still in the dark about how the engine break-in theory works. But yes, oil changes will be mandatory.
The more you drive your car the more BHP you get. Mine started at 501 but I'm at about 508 right now. After a while I'm guessing it will go down until I make an oil change.

brentech

Dibbz said:
The more you drive your car the more BHP you get. Mine started at 501 but I'm at about 508 right now. After a while I'm guessing it will go down until I make an oil change.
Yeah, eventually you'll hit a new peak of engine performance, which each oil-change will bring you back to.
Once you really log some distance, your peak will start to decline even with the oil change, and I can't quite remember if re-building the engine restarts the process (I know even after rebuilding your initial oil-change bump sticks, but I can't remember if the break-in occurs again or if it just holds at its highest possible).

Angst

Dibbz said:
What the hell? I have 534 BHP... and you and I have the same car. Weird.

20 laps sounds good. Hmmm, shall I go for one or two pit stops? Any ideas Dibbz?

And will everyone refrain from using mics today or should we chatter away?
Mechanical damage - light or full?

UFRA

My GT-R peaked at 518HP. It started at 502HP with the oil change.

Edit: I agree with Angst. Can we just have mics disabled for the lobby? This will allow bandwidth to be solely focused on the race quality and not mics. Something very important considering we have people connecting from all over the world and lag is very possible. :p

Dibbz

Angst said:
What the hell? I have 534 BHP... and you and I have the same car. Weird.

20 laps sounds good. Hmmm, shall I go for one or two pit stops? Any ideas Dibbz?

And will everyone refrain from using mics today or should we chatter away?
Mechanical damage - light or full?
You'll want to go to pits as least as possible but it depends on your tyres. You should be able to get 10 laps out of the softs but see how the car feels and keep an eye on your times.

Also I didn't do the oil trick with mine which is why the BHP is lower.

Dibbz

Is it possible to just spectate todays race? I'm under the impression it takes up a slot in the lobby to watch races or does it not?

Also yeah I'd say you guys should keeps mics off and save the bandwidth for the racing.

Mush

Dibbz said:
Is it possible to just spectate todays race? I'm under the impression it takes up a slot in the lobby to watch races or does it not?

Also yeah I'd say you guys should keeps mics off and save the bandwidth for the racing.
Yes. We have room for 32 people. :D

Mush

Is everyone fine with UFRA hosting?

These are the settings we will be using.

20 Laps
Race delay 180secs/3min
Grid start
False start check

Grip reduction Real
Mechanical Damage Heavy

Skid Recovery Force OFF
Driving Line OFF
Active Steering OFF
TCS OFF
ASM OFF

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'll be spectating today. But Mr. Robo-OCD-About-Finger-Prints Ramsey better win.
Or I'll laugh about it in the Bad Company 2 thread.

UFRA

TheSeks said:
I'll be spectating today. But Mr. Robo-OCD-About-Finger-Prints Ramsey better win.
Or I'll laugh about it in the Bad Company 2 thread.

:lol :lol :lol

That thread was the closest I'll ever be to getting a tag. *sigh*

Anyways, Mush that's cool with me if you want me to host. Seemed like people were connecting well to my room yesterday and on previous gaf racing nights.

Is there a setting to allow 32 people? I'm only able to see a 16 player option max.

Also, what's your verdict on mics, Mush?

Angst

Dibbz said:
You'll want to go to pits as least as possible but it depends on your tyres. You should be able to get 10 laps out of the softs but see how the car feels and keep an eye on your times.

Also I didn't do the oil trick with mine which is why the BHP is lower.
In practice mode I can easily get 10 laps out of the softs, but when racing online (the tyres deteriorate faster online) I can get maximum 7 laps out of the softs. But the last lap is pretty bad with the front tyres being pretty blown. Hmmm, may meds front?

Mush said:
Is everyone fine with UFRA hosting?

These are the settings we will be using.

20 Laps
Race delay 180secs/3min
Grid start
False start check

Grip reduction Real
Mechanical Damage Heavy

Skid Recovery Force OFF
Driving Line OFF
Active Steering OFF
TCS OFF
ASM OFF
Sounds good.
Ufra said:
Is there a setting to allow 32 people? I'm only able to see a 16 player option max.
With 16 players max there can still be 32 people in the lobby. But only 16 can enter the race. The hard thing for you as host will be making sure that no randoms join the race so we'll be relegated to spectating...

Mush

UFRA said:
:lol :lol :lol

That thread was the closest I'll ever be to getting a tag. *sigh*

Anyways, Mush that's cool with me if you want me to host. Seemed like people were connecting well to my room yesterday and on previous gaf racing nights.

Also, what's your verdict on mics, Mush?
Mics are off, just so everyone has a good connection. I just checked and we can't have spectators. :(

FUCK

UFRA

I'm trying to decide whether my connection can handle Very High race quality or not.

Normally when we play I have it set to High, but with mics as well at Standard setting. I'm thinking now with mics off I might be able to boost the quality too.

Anyone who wants to help me test please join my room and just start driving. See if it works ok.

If we get some randoms in that will be good too, a quick couple lap race will be a good test.

snip

I have vid capture, so I will save the replay then cap it after the race.

Edit: Others please save replay file as well just in case something happens to mine. I will make a copy immediately after saving it.

Juicy Bob

Stupid question, but I lost my connection to the game lobby: is that because it was closed down or was it just me?

Edit: Oh, nevermind.

blu

I wasn't just you. I got stuck at the finish screen with a time limit stuck at 0:0.

Top Bottom