• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Niks

from gt planet;

Mario Andretti’s 1948 Hudson Now Available in Gran Turismo 6; Featured in Special Seasonal Event Challege

Mario Andretti’s 1948 Hudson Hot Lap: Willow Springs International Raceway
Period of Availability: 12/19/2013 03:00 – 1/17/2014 03:00
Gold: Cr.550,000 Silver: Cr.380,000 Bronze: Cr.110,000

Alfa Romeo MiTo and 15th Anniversary Cars Featured in Latest Seasonal Events for GT6

Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4T Sport Hot Lap: Silverstone Stowe Circuit / 1 Lap
Period of Availability: 12/18/2013 22:00 – 1/14/2014 22:00
Gold: Cr.400,000 Silver: Cr.270,000 Bronze: Cr.90,000
15th Anniversary Cars Super Lap Round 2: Apricot Hill Raceway / 1 Lap
Period of Availability: 12/18/2013 22:00 – 1/15/2014 22:00
Gold: Cr.650,000 Silver: Cr.430,000 Bronze: Cr.120,000

sad that I post more about GT/Watch more videos/see more screenshots than playing. 12/hr work weeks fucking suck kids. Wanna play, but don't want to play tired.

Are the credits given a one time thing?

commedieu

Banned
It is bonus for credits and you can bypass the system with changes to consoles Time Zone settings in the XMB. I live in Europe, CET +1 and I always use bypass around 18:00 summer/19:00 winter time, because of the +15 minutes differences in TimeZones regarding my zone somewhere in Sibiria. I can hop from basic 110% bonus to 200% max within one hour of cheking and rebooting the game and then start playing for real.

Yep, thats what im looking forward to this bonus for. Im done with lil shit cars..

I've been weak Amar. ALMOST pulled the trigger on considering buying credits due to the inability to grind. Works getting in the way of GT6. But Lord KZ has blessed us with these bonuses.

amar212

No need to buy anything. Login Bonus is a given and once you unlock S class you can earn up to 600K per fun 20 minutes race.

Also, todays comes new Seasonals that will apparently have huge payouts, so just trick the watch, rise to 200% and continue to play game normally.

Jedi2016

Yeah, money's nothing now. I'd spent several days grinding up to 2M credits to buy a LMP, and after I got it yesterday, I got almost back up to 1M just derping around on a few races.

commedieu

Banned
No need to buy anything. Login Bonus is a given and once you unlock S class you can earn up to 600K per fun 20 minutes race.

Also, todays comes new Seasonals that will apparently have huge payouts, so just trick the watch, rise to 200% and continue to play game normally.

the weakness was yesterday. However, I left my wallet at work and couldn't consider pulling the trigger... thank god.

I have been searching for an Anniversary Edition code to buy because I want the 25 bonus cars, but with the recent update that bumps up the reward payouts should I quit looking? You can buy all 25 cars in game, minus the special liveries, correct?

Mobius 1

Where was MOTC in GT5? It's on the OST but I don't remember it in the game.

Nowhere so far :( I hope Kaz comes back to his senses and include it on Spec II, or have it make a glorious return in GT7. The Daiki Kasho song from the opening did not work well.

Nowhere so far :( I hope Kaz comes back to his senses and include it on Spec II, or have it make a glorious return in GT7. The Daiki Kasho song from the opening did not work well.

The GT5 version plays during the loading/pre-race menu of the GT World Championship event in IA. I think so at least, I can't remember. I definitely heard it somewhere in the game.

Got a couple of spare O2 Adrenaline Car Pack codes here if anyone wants them.

You will get the following car pack:

Adrenaline Pack
Cizeta V16T 15th Anniversary Edition
Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 15th Anniversary Edition
Ford Focus ST 15th Anniversary Edition
Shelby Shelby Cobra Daytona Cpupe 15th Anniversary Edition
Toyota TOYOTA 86 GT 15th Anniversary Edition

I think only really of use to anyone who bought the bog standard version of the game?

FootballFan

Adrenaline Pack

I think only really of use to anyone who bought the bog standard version of the game?

Bought standard edition, hook me up if there is anything left.

P.S. Just completed that Hudson seasonal, car handles really well.
But that X Junior Redbull takes the cake for fun drive. It's so well balanced and sounds great too.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I rented 6 for a day and really liked it. What I wonder is, since I'm new to GT, and 5 is $10, should I settle for that and it'll be about the same experience?

And anyone have an opinion on that statement that GT will be on PS4 next year? Sounds way too optimistic.

I rented 6 for a day and really liked it. What I wonder is, since I'm new to GT, and 5 is $10, should I settle for that and it'll be about the same experience?

It's definitely not the same. One of the major complaints about GT5 was how slow the menus were. If you're used to GT6's then GT5 is going to drive you nuts with how slow it is. And that's without getting into all the physics upgrades.

And anyone have an opinion on that statement that GT will be on PS4 next year? Sounds way too optimistic.

It's possible if they go a GT3 route. With that they put together a game that had significantly less content than GT2 and everything just felt streamline in terms of the game just having exactly what it needed to be a GT game. So, for 7 they'd probably end up cutting out the standard cars as well as the courses that aren't quite up to par visually.

I usually wouldn't care, but they keep rubbing it in our faces by adding seasonals that can only be done using the AE cars.

Really?

Well crap, I guess I will have to keep looking for an Anniversary code after all. I guess I could see if Gamestop has any copies of the Anniversary Edition left when it's on sale for $40 next week and just buy it again. If that pans out I could probably sell my other copy for $30 or so to recoup some of the cost.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
It's definitely not the same. One of the major complaints about GT5 was how slow the menus were. If you're used to GT6's then GT5 is going to drive you nuts with how slow it is. And that's without getting into all the physics upgrades.

It's possible if they go a GT3 route. With that they put together a game that had significantly less content than GT2 and everything just felt streamline in terms of the game just having exactly what it needed to be a GT game. So, for 7 they'd probably end up cutting out the standard cars as well as the courses that aren't quite up to par visually.
Thanks...one thing I noticed was that 6 says it's 1080p, but I couldn't tell until I looked it up. Is it stretched horizontally but 1080 vertically?

JRichter

Neo Member

Yeah, agree w/ above. I wouldn't recommend trying to substitute GT5 for GT6 at any price - too much of an improvement in nearly all aspects (especially now that you've had a taste of 6 already).

A casual player might say it's basically the same thing but... no. I'm still discovering all kinds of little improvements (beyond the obvious of course) every day I put any time into it since release.

h3ro

Adrenaline Pack

I'd love one if you have an extra to spare.

JRichter

Neo Member
I purposely got standard to avoid any headstart on cars or credits.

This is how I like to do GT also (and I prefer the production-like paint look), but Gamespot gave me the anniversary addition anyways w/o preordering when I walked into the store on day one so lucked out. Now I'm wondering how many times I'm going to be moving these anniversary cars out of the stockyard and back to run these events, lol. Was surprised PD made some exclusive seasonals for these things knowing a shitload of players can't participate. I wish you could gift them around.

(OK, I confess, I could resist trying the GT40 early on before I could afford the stock addition)

TTG

What are everyone's favorite hidden gems? You can put down the FXX and F1 GTRs if you want, but I'm interested in the obscure stuff. So far I love:

Monster Sport Sx4. 1 of the 2(as far as I know) brand new Pike's Peak cars in the game. If you're not familiar, think of a 4 wheel drive car, or SUV in this case, built for a hill climb with no restrictions. Faster than Group C Le Mans cars stock for stock, looney tunes fast with extra boost.

Megane Trophy from Renault Sport. Who knew Renault built a race car for their own on make race thing. And it's a Mid engine'd rear wheel drive car that's one of the best sorted chassis in the game. Thanks to the Anniversary pack, otherwise I would never have guessed.

Z4 GT3, BMW. This was in all the trailers before launch, so it's by no means a secret. I just wanted to point out that out of the new GT3 cars: SLS, GTR, R8; it's the only one fun to drive.

benzy

Monster Sport Sx4. 1 of the 2(as far as I know) brand new Pike's Peak cars in the game. If you're not familiar, think of a 4 wheel drive car, or SUV in this case, built for a hill climb with no restrictions. Faster than Group C Le Mans cars stock for stock, looney tunes fast with extra boost.

You can see the rear suspension work on this car in chase cam. It's amazing.

I've never spun anyone that way, I dont do it in stupid places. And yes of course I do pass but often I am stuck in places I cant pass for a while. May as well bump draft to make both of us faster...

All you do is admitting that you're not skilled and fast enough to make a clean pass.

ethomaz

Banned
I do not think GT6 will make 3M sales in 2013, if your assessment on Q-results is accurate I predict no more than 2.5M until January.

GT6 will peak later in its lifecycle, once Spec 2.0 gets introduced and once the main functionality - the ability to create your tracks from the GPS data and use it in the game - gets introduced.

The official slogan of GT6 is made with that functionality in mind - The World is Your Track - and I think how the proper campaign will start once the game becomes "completed" from features standpoint and ready for both DLC content and proper usage of all modes we still do not have (Community, Course Maker, GPS CM, B-Spec, Remote Races, GT Mobile App).

If all above becomes reality in the Spring 2014, I think GT6 will begin to climb to its usual numbers and will gain additional momentum with 2014 GT Academy introduction. All until then it will not match GT5's dynamics IMO
Makes sense... I can't wait these new features... mainly the GPS one.

Kiraly

Adrenaline Pack

Still got any left? :)

We really need to have a test drive function in this game, still haven't decided on what 2 million Le Mans car to buy :lol

Getting into the swing of things now. Started going back and golding the early licence tests. I've golded Goodwood up until the end of the 4th round. Not unlocked 5 yet. Fuck that Audio Quattro stage.

Does anyone else have access to the GT5NRL account? I seem to have lost it -.-

I remember giving access to it to a few people as well.

*edit* Scratch that, i figured out the password.

Ted

We really need to have a test drive function in this game, still haven't decided on what 2 million Le Mans car to buy :lol

Back up your save to USB pre-purchase, buy the car you want to try, run it. If you don't like it, overwrite your save with your backed up USB copy.

IISANDERII

Was doing a mount panorama race at an evening setting and towards the end of the mid section where you're coming down after climbing the hill I was getting some pretty horrendous framerate drops so I decided to do a bit of testing. I went to the options and I had the image quality set to soften or whatever, I changed it to sharpen instead and the fps issues went away. There was still a bit of slowdown but no where near as bad as it was and I even had 4 opponent cars infront of me. Didnt like the soften option anyway as I find it makes the game look a bit "muddy" so my guess is that choosing the soften option applies FXAA which is a really crap way of doing anti-aliaising in a game as it has the tendency to blur things up rather then get rid of jaggies the proper way.

I've also been tinkering with the aventador a bit and I was wondering if anyone could shed some light to an issue I encountered. When I first drove the car I had sports hard tyres on it and all was well. I then installed racing softs and lost all grip, I was under the impression that the racing softs were the ultimate tyres for grip but I cant even do a corner with them. I tried to fiddle with the suspension settings a bit to see if I could sort it out from there but that didnt yield any results. The aero parts I had installed on the aventador also seemed to do more harm then good so I'm a bit puzzled here.
I use racing softs on the Aventador and it's wonderful so I don't think it's that. If you've changed the rims, try going back to the stock wheels.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who had a lot of trouble trying to gold S-4 in the Aventador? It took me 2 hours to shave that last second off :/ None of the other tests were very hard for me.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Getting into the swing of things now. Started going back and golding the early licence tests. I've golded Goodwood up until the end of the 4th round. Not unlocked 5 yet. Fuck that Audio Quattro stage.

Audi Quattro was easy as balls...I think I crushed that one by 2 seconds for gold.

Slide it across the grass corners on the first two turns. You can put two wheels off without penalty. You will gain a ton of time that way. Also, rally cars love dirt. Feed it the dirt.

Is there any way to adjust the pedal inputs for actual pedals? I was driving a C7 earlier and 10% physical throttle translated to about 90% in game throttle! It's normally bad, but never seen it this bad.

It's making the M4 seasonal real difficult too.

What happened to the endurance races? :(

I finished up my license to open up the Super Class thinking 'YAY.....endurance races" and go in to find out the longest one is 24 minutes.

This just kills me. :(

What happened to the endurance races? :(

I finished up my license to open up the Super Class thinking 'YAY.....endurance races" and go in to find out the longest one is 24 minutes.

This just kills me. :(

Less than 1% played them so they are gone, seems like PD doesnt understand how Toggles work, they should really give us the option.

ruttyboy

Logged in tonight to find that my log in bonus which was 130% last night, is now 110%?

Also L1/R1 still doesn't work. I don't understand how it can be this buggy...

Top Bottom