• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

amar212

Is there any way to adjust the pedal inputs for actual pedals? I was driving a C7 earlier and 10% physical throttle translated to about 90% in game throttle! It's normally bad, but never seen it this bad.

It's making the M4 seasonal real difficult too.

Do not touch the pedals before game boots and then press both pedals to the end when entering the first race for that day to calibrate them. Restart the race and youre done. Do it every time when starting the play for that day.

Megasoum

Banned
I did the first championship of IB last night (the Asian one)... My god Twin Ring is a boring track... Even my car sounded bored to death before the end of the race.

What happened to the endurance races? :(

I finished up my license to open up the Super Class thinking 'YAY.....endurance races" and go in to find out the longest one is 24 minutes.

This just kills me. :(

I'm holding out hope that they'll get added when B-Spec does, since that makes the most sense. But probably not. :(

Any way to map a button on the wheel to Show/Hide the HUD, I love playing without HUD but I'd like to check my position/times from time to time, hate having to pause the game.

Any way to map a button on the wheel to Show/Hide the HUD, I love playing without HUD but I'd like to check my position/times from time to time, hate having to pause the game.

Yet another amazingly basic option that would go a long way but is absent from GT options. I would also love to be able to map my H-shifter gears to individual buttons. This allows me to use it as a hand brake or sequential shiftier with rubber bands on it.

Do not touch the pedals before game boots and then press both pedals to the end when entering the first race for that day to calibrate them. Restart the race and youre done. Do it every time when starting the play for that day.

Does it matter when you press then down? It's just the same as calibrating the wheel isn't it? The accelerator is still too sensitive on the Corvette after several races. I managed todo the event, but was being pretty feathery.

Jedi2016

Logged in tonight to find that my log in bonus which was 130% last night, is now 110%?
Yeah, this just happened to me too.

Does the bonus reset if you don't actually use it, even if you logged in? I was busy last night, so I logged in, saw the 130% bonus, then logged right out again, I didn't actually race anything.

gokieks

Yeah, this just happened to me too.

Does the bonus reset if you don't actually use it, even if you logged in? I was busy last night, so I logged in, saw the 130% bonus, then logged right out again, I didn't actually race anything.

I'd have to double check, but I think GT6 does not automatically save the game upon login and getting the login bonus like GT5 did. So if you just quit the game immediately after, it would not have saved your consecutive login.

Jedi2016

I'd have to double check, but I think GT6 does not automatically save the game upon login and getting the login bonus like GT5 did. So if you just quit the game immediately after, it would not have saved your consecutive login.
Ah, okay. Well, it saved tonight (I ran a quick lap and it saved when I quit). I wonder if any save will do, like just going into the garage and changing cars? Any time the "Saving data..." comes up?

Is it just me or did they patch in the Moon Over the Castle track? I heard it a lot today in pre races now.

Or was it in there from day one?

Edit: Ok I checked that track is not in the tracklist. It seems to only play pre-race for the GT World Championship event. So it must be like a special track that is not in the regular rotation.

TTG

What replay does everyone prefer? I like the post race one that's crisp and lets you look around while in cockpit view. The official one with the photo mode and stuff, I think the soft focus filter that's applied plus the flickering and problems aliasing combine for a messy effect oftentimes.

So the LCC Rocket is pretty overpowered, huh? I just won the S-Class event on Willow Springs by nearly a minute and lapped half the field. Didn't even come close to needing a pit stop.

What replay does everyone prefer? I like the post race one that's crisp and lets you look around while in cockpit view. The official one with the photo mode and stuff, I think the soft focus filter that's applied plus the flickering and problems aliasing combine for a messy effect oftentimes.

Look around in cockpit mode? I gotta try that.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I've just been sitting here vibing to the moon music for a long while, ha. So for people used to the whole series, were the first few classes of races a real cakewalk? I don't play racing games and I never had to do-over and got to the online/moon missions section of the game.

gokieks

Ah, okay. Well, it saved tonight (I ran a quick lap and it saved when I quit). I wonder if any save will do, like just going into the garage and changing cars? Any time the "Saving data..." comes up?

Yeah. And you can also manually save by pressing Start to bring up the menu.

TTG

Goddammit, the first S license event at Willow Springs is amazing. Why couldn't every race after the "novice" category be that way? It breaks the AI even further because they seem to handle the tire wear way better than I, but so what. And, for once, I can actually discern what that improved tire model is all about(besides retaining heat for longer) as the weight and drivetrain of the vehicle really makes a difference.

Kiraly

HOLY FUCK I JUST HEARD CHRISTMAS MUSIC?

So the LCC Rocket is pretty overpowered, huh? I just won the S-Class event on Willow Springs by nearly a minute and lapped half the field. Didn't even come close to needing a pit stop.

Look around in cockpit mode? I gotta try that.

How? I just tried it and the car is way too slow, even when fully upgraded?

Edit: Ah, didn't see I had it limited at 50.0%...

Ding-Ding

So now officially on 'the grind'

This is so much better than the 'grind' on GT5 as there are a hell of alot more championships with a decent and/or fast way to make money. The GT3 championship is by far my favourite, especially as I jump between the 4 GT3 cars in the garage.

The game does need a championship editor though. It would be so much better if you could at least edit the tracks used in completed championships. Want to add Brands Hatch and Bathurst to the GT3 championship but alas...

We must remember the AI will have ALL the driving aids turned on. There's no way the AI could cope without them! Once I'm done with all the AI and S class races I'm never going back to them.

red731

That music. Damn
KuGsj.gif

Caught me by surprise!

Honey Bunny

So after a regional customs delay on all parcels from the carrier amazon chose to assign to me, I have finally received my preorder. On first impression, it's amazing how much the faster, more intuitive menus improve the experience. It feels like meeting an old friend you haven't seen in years who's lost weight, bought new clothes and smells nicer :)

The aliasing also isn't as bad as the footage I've seen led me to believe. It's better than GT5's for me, at least. edit - just played a different track, now I'm not so sure, lol.

JRichter

Neo Member
I like to shuffle PBGM through the menus and I noticed one of the updates fixed the repeat-same-track-over-and-over-if-it-didn't-play-all-the-way-thru issue (thank you) but now it doesn't seem to hold the shuffle setting from the select folder menu prompted by GT music selection option.

Maybe this never worked in this game and I didn't notice cause I ditched the menu music early on because of the track repetition? Maybe this is a console issues that has nothing to do with the game. Maybe it's another example of PD's you-can't-have-it-all-dumbass way of doing things. IDK

BTW, my login bonus has climbed successfully to 170% but put in at least an hour of racing each day. If it were to reset, I would probably be pissed enough to do this:

It is bonus for credits and you can bypass the system with changes to consoles Time Zone settings in the XMB. I live in Europe, CET +1 and I always use bypass around 18:00 summer/19:00 winter time, because of the +15 minutes differences in TimeZones regarding my zone in the Nothern hemisphere. It is possible to hop from basic 110% bonus to 200% max within one hour of cheking and rebooting the game for 5 times in total and then start playing for real.

EDIT: Ok, issue fixed. if I exit out to console ui and reset same folder to shuffle there - it holds it in GT6....

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I had a moment of weakness today and bought this. I'm glad I did. The handling difference between this and GT5 feels absolutely massive. Is it just me? I feel like it is WAY easier to tell when you are close to the edge in terms of when you are pushing tires too far.

Y2Kev

OMG CHRISTMAS MUSIC!!!

Does anyone know what song it is? Not the name, I mean an actual sample. It's so damn good.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I spent 4 hours this morning trying to gold the S-4 license test and the closest I could get was .314 seconds away :(

Y2Kev

WOW this game is a massive improvement over 5

Ghosts in the license tests for friends OMG genius

JamboGT

WOW this game is a massive improvement over 5

Ghosts in the license tests for friends OMG genius

I loved 5 but 6 is a real step up, much more fluid and game progression is much better. And I think the improved handling does make it more accessible.

Ok, riddle me this, why the fuck is going up hill reduce the traction on my back tires? Doing a race on Matterhorn or Eiger in a FR or MR car is impossible.

I've been trying to look for the XMas tracks and Moon Over the Castle in the Music Gallery, but it's not there...any ideas on how to access them?

nasanu

Banned
Ok, riddle me this, why the fuck is going up hill reduce the traction on my back tires? Doing a race on Matterhorn or Eiger in a FR or MR car is impossible.

For the same reason that taking off on a steep hill makes it easier to spin the wheels in a real car perhaps?..The tyres have about the same amount of grip (a little more due to the weight) but they have a lot more to do going up hill.

Could be a million reasons. The climb on the matterhorn tracks can be pretty brutal in any non 4wd. Moreso when you're doing less than say 70-80. Or if your car is heavy.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I had a moment of weakness today and bought this. I'm glad I did. The handling difference between this and GT5 feels absolutely massive. Is it just me? I feel like it is WAY easier to tell when you are close to the edge in terms of when you are pushing tires too far.

Not just you. The tire model in this game is sensational, completely eclipses the older game. Sports tires now genuinely feel like proper tires that can hold a car with over 500HP and not feel like worn out rubber bands.

Top Bottom