• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Game is fun so far. The thing that I miss is the option to automatically turn the music on while driving electro cars (I have music off). Driving 2-3 laps without any sound is strange ;)

Legit win haha

nasanu

Banned
If they were that slow surely you could find a way around without a bump?

I always considered it my job, in a clean race on a non-oval circuit, to find my own way around the car in front or to make them move by fair means (pressure leading to an error), not to make them move for me with a nudge (regardless of how gentle).

Is this accepted practice in clean racing rooms now?

I've only raced with my mates for months so I'm a little out of touch with public lobbies (despite having previously been a bit of a public lobby slag when we still had shuffle).

In my very humble opinion the car in front has every right to drive defensively (which for the record does NOT include swerving from side to side to block a pass) and make me work for a way past. For me, that's sort of the point.

I've never spun anyone that way, I dont do it in stupid places. And yes of course I do pass but often I am stuck in places I cant pass for a while. May as well bump draft to make both of us faster...

ruttyboy

A good deal depends on the car you use ofcourse but the general rules of thumb are:

- Change gears to manual if you're using automatic.
- Disable all aids except ABS
- Comfort hard tyres.

When you approach a corner slow down to near crawl and pick the 2nd or 3rd gear. As the drift segment begins, slam the accelerator down and turn hard and as close to the apex as you can to get your tail off and try to maintain the sideways slide. The closer to the apex you drift, the more points you seem to get though I'm not sure if this is the actual case but thats the impression I've always had. For highspeed corners apply the same approach but experiment with speed and gears to find the sweetspot.

Thanks for this, I drive manual with no assists already, but your third tip made me realise I only swapped the back tyre, I'll give it a try with 4 x comfort hard.

I think part of the frustration is that I have no desire to learn to drift, but gotta Gold the career, so I must force myself!

Why? I do it online. Its a gentle 'your slow, move it'. But do you have a replay example of this? I have finished the offline game up to the IA level and I have never once had an AI car hit me, even when I tried to make them hit me from behind to get a speed boost. And in the RB jr race at motegi I went side by side with the lead AI car for about half a lap, no contact.

Please stop with this. Even if you truly have never been hit by the AI, it doesn't mean that it's not broken for everyone else. Claiming that everyone else can't drive is coming across as very arrogant.

Since you asked for a replay example, here's the video I posted earlier. It clearly shows me driving perfectly straight and the AI spinning me out because I am where he wants to be (on the racing line).

From the AI's view.

And because the fisheye of the camera makes it look a little like I turn right, here's the driver's view of the same thing, you can see from the G-meter and the steering wheel that I do not turn.

Straight as a die.

Please stop with this. Even if you truly have never been hit by the AI, it doesn't mean that it's not broken for everyone else. Claiming that everyone else can't drive is coming across as very arrogant.
I'm glad someone else notices. A large number of nasanu's posts in this thread come across this way.

Oh man, I love the X2014 Junior. I thought it was under powered at first... hitting like.. 150mph, but man, it's just sooo fun, even without the fan.

EGOMON

The Minolta was my gold digger in GT4, but the R92 has a special place in my heart.
That licence test. First time rushing down the Mulsanne straight ever with the speed of light and feeling every bump and trees passing by you. It was mind blowing for me. I know that FFB on Mulsanne was exaggerated because of that down-force bug, but it felt awesome. It was like driving on the edge. I repeated that licence test pretty often just for the speed rush.
personally i prefer Mercedes Sauber C9 but now that you mentioned it i remember those moments too i might get the Nissan too man GT4 was fuckin amazing

nasanu

Banned
Thanks for this, I drive manual with no assists already, but your third tip made me realise I only swapped the back tyre, I'll give it a try with 4 x comfort hard.

I think part of the frustration is that I have no desire to learn to drift, but gotta Gold the career, so I must force myself!

Since you asked for a replay example, here's the video I posted earlier. It clearly shows me driving perfectly straight and the AI spinning me out because I am where he wants to be (on the racing line).

From the AI's view.

And because the fisheye of the camera makes it look a little like I turn right, here's the driver's view of the same thing, you can see from the G-meter and the steering wheel that I do not turn.

Straight as a die.

Glad you made those videos and confessed to driving straight. It confirms what I thought, people do it themselves. You followed a straight line, but not straight in reference to the track and you had no cue where the AI car was. If you followed the track and had some spacial awareness it would never have happened.

Glad you made those videos and confessed to driving straight. It confirms what I thought, people do it themselves. You followed a straight line, but not straight in reference to the track and you had no cue where the AI car was. If you followed the track and had some spacial awareness it would never have happened.
If wasn't even playing the game, it would have never happened.

He did nothing wrong, he was first after last corner and continued straight, AI needs to be aware of his space, until he passes him.

As he is in first place it's his decision which route he'll take, why would he follow some imaginary route!?

Either you watched the first video and thought the red GTR was the player, or you are talking nonsense.

These clips demonstrate a clear flaw in the AI. They are not a demonstration of the player doing anything wrong. No spatial awareness? He was spun from behind on a straight. It is 100% the AI's fault.

You can't be serious...

IISANDERII

speechless-o.gif

Either you watched the first video and thought the red GTR was the player, or you are talking nonsense.

These clips demonstrate a clear flaw in the AI. They are not a demonstration of the player doing anything wrong. No spatial awareness? He was spun from behind on a straight. It is 100% the AI's fault.

Yup. And if the positions were reversed and you crashed into the AI car in the exact same fashion from behind, you would be disqualified.

("You" as in the player, not Pazuzu specifically)

JRichter

Neo Member
Nice payout for the Andretti '48 Hudson event.

110K + 380K + 550K

Between this and extra login bonus cash, will be a very exciting virtual car purchasing day.

RaijinFY

Has there been any news about sale numbers at all?

No news = poor numbers. (at least by franchise standards)
I persist saying that Sony should have planned a PS4 version for this game to be released right now. That was obvious to anyone with a lick of common sense but apparently not among Sonys suits...

otapnam

I persist saying that Sony should have planned a PS4 version for this game to be released right now. That was obvious to anyone with a lick of common sense but apparently not among Sonys suits...

GT has the best lighting model.

Am I not alone in thinking that as evolution works on dc there could be some engine development between them and pd?

amar212

Has there been any news about sale numbers at all?

No, and there will not be for some time.

Polyphony's site is the only place that have collective numbers for each game in the series and it is not updating with the new releases data before some milestone is reached.

We didn't get any combined info for GT5 more than half year after the game has been released. Do not expect any official sales numbers soon.

Which does not mean what Raijin is implying below, because everything he says (sales predictions, and PS4 version) is simply his "common sense" subjective opinion.

Yeah, better to publish game on platform with 3 million units than with 80 million. We would all love GT on PS4 but it is unreasonable from every perspective.

And you should also take a sales-bet with Metalmurphy as many others did fir GT5.

Am I not alone in thinking that as evolution works on dc there could be some engine development between them and pd?

I would be positively surprised, but I think not.

Djie

Neo Member
On VGZ you can find the sales charts!

852,762 units worldwide in the first week. Don't have any clue if this is a high number!

*Lol.. vgz is blocked by Neogaf?

ethomaz

Banned
No, and there will not be for some time.

Polyphony's site is the only place that have collective numbers for each game in the series and it is not updating with the new releases data before some milestone is reached.

We didn't get any combined info for GT5 more than half year after the game has been released. Do not expect any official sales numbers soon.
GT5 fist updated sales happened days after Sony posted the quarter results in January 2011... if you look the previous updates they all happened in end of quarters too: *as of Mar 2013, *as of Sep 2012, *as of Dec 2011, etc.

So if there are any chance of update it will be in January for *as of Dec 2013... not before that.

On VGZ you can find the sales charts!

852,762 units worldwide in the first week. Don't have any clue if this is a high number!

*Lol.. vgz is blocked by Neogaf?
I think it sold way more... my prediction is close to 3m in 2013.... down from ~5 million in 2010 for GT5.

amar212

I think it sold way more... my prediction is close to 3m in 2013.... down from ~5 million in 2010 for GT5.

I do not think GT6 will make 3M sales in 2013, if your assessment on Q-results is accurate I predict no more than 2.5M until January.

GT6 will peak later in its lifecycle, once Spec 2.0 gets introduced and once the main functionality - the ability to create your tracks from the GPS data and use it in the game - gets introduced.

The official slogan of GT6 is made with that functionality in mind - The World is Your Track - and I think how the proper campaign will start once the game becomes "completed" from features standpoint and ready for both DLC content and proper usage of all modes we still do not have (Community, Course Maker, GPS CM, B-Spec, Remote Races, GT Mobile App).

If all above becomes reality in the Spring 2014, I think GT6 will begin to climb to its usual numbers and will gain additional momentum with 2014 GT Academy introduction. All until then it will not match GT5's dynamics IMO

offshore

If it's true that GT6 will be $40 next week in the US then that's great news; hopefully that'll mean a 1000% increase in NASCAR rooms, because if the current lobby situation is any indication, then GT6 has totally crashed in the US.

In GT5, there were pages, upon pages, upon pages of quality US NASCAR rooms really early on. Today there are literally about three... and all of them garbage.

Speaking of, I really want the old lobby UI back. New one is crap. GT5 lobby UI + GT6 watch race cameras would be perfection.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I just got my Hyura up to 316mph, is there anything faster besides the X2010/X2011?

edit: The trophy for having 100 cars didn't unlock for me, does anyone else have it?

edit2: I got it, the anniversary cars don't count.

The game locks up for me after downloading and installing mini updates. It happened yesterday after installing 1.02, and then just now when I installed today's update. Has anyone else had this happen? I have to turn off my PS3 then go through the process of checking the database etc.

amar212

The game locks up for me after downloading and installing mini updates. It happened yesterday after installing 1.02, and then just now when I installed today's update. Has anyone else had this happen? I have to turn off my PS3 then go through the process of checking the database etc.

Yes, it happened to me today and few friends reported it as well.

From what it seems to me, todays update changed something in physics/tires of Comfort compound. Braking distances seem changed, but I can't pinpoint what else.

Also, the rev lights on Junior X1 have been fixed.

Old story, something is fixed, something gets broken. I still wait two things in this early phase: that GTAuto show me PP differences prior to partticular process and I would really pay money to get HUD on/off button configurable on the wheel.

EDIT: And why can't we have AI as ib X2014 Junior Champioship in the Arcade for the One Make Races? It is like driving another game.

ruttyboy

I told it not to update because of this. When I got in it finally gifted me my GT-R for being in the Academy \o/

Then when I tried to go into seasonal events it told me to update by quitting out and going back in, but warned me that this might make my save data unusable, then the next sentence said that my game progress data would be usable? Is the garage data and game progress separate? Is it saving progress to the cloud? I'm confused.

Anyway, decided to update and it seems fine, except now the L1/R1 menu shortcut doesn't work, can anyone else confirm this?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Some huge errors I found in the game:

-Audi R8 V10 description is that of a Nissan Silvia S14 in the dealership.

-Hot hatchback race allows me to race an M3, M4, 135i, etc. :|

FrankWza

Yes, it happened to me today and few friends reported it as well.

From what it seems to me, todays update changed something in physics/tires of Comfort compound. Braking distances seem changed, but I can't pinpoint what else.

Also, the rev lights on Junior X1 have been fixed.

Old story, something is fixed, something gets broken. I still wait two things in this early phase: that GTAuto show me PP differences prior to partticular process and I would really pay money to get HUD on/off button configurable on the wheel.

EDIT: And why can't we have AI as ib X2014 Junior Champioship in the Arcade for the One Make Races? It is like driving another game.

I told it not to update because of this. When I got in it finally gifted me my GT-R for being in the Academy \o/

Then when I tried to go into seasonal events it told me to update by quitting out and going back in, but warned me that this might make my save data unusable, then the next sentence said that my game progress data would be usable? Is the garage data and game progress separate? Is it saving progress to the cloud? I'm confused.

Anyway, decided to update and it seems fine, except now the L1/R1 menu shortcut doesn't work, can anyone else confirm this?

i had a freeze as well.

commedieu

Banned
from gt planet;

Mario Andretti’s 1948 Hudson Now Available in Gran Turismo 6; Featured in Special Seasonal Event Challege

Mario Andretti’s 1948 Hudson Hot Lap: Willow Springs International Raceway
Period of Availability: 12/19/2013 03:00 – 1/17/2014 03:00
Gold: Cr.550,000 Silver: Cr.380,000 Bronze: Cr.110,000

Alfa Romeo MiTo and 15th Anniversary Cars Featured in Latest Seasonal Events for GT6

Alfa Romeo MiTo 1.4T Sport Hot Lap: Silverstone Stowe Circuit / 1 Lap
Period of Availability: 12/18/2013 22:00 – 1/14/2014 22:00
Gold: Cr.400,000 Silver: Cr.270,000 Bronze: Cr.90,000
15th Anniversary Cars Super Lap Round 2: Apricot Hill Raceway / 1 Lap
Period of Availability: 12/18/2013 22:00 – 1/15/2014 22:00
Gold: Cr.650,000 Silver: Cr.430,000 Bronze: Cr.120,000

sad that I post more about GT/Watch more videos/see more screenshots than playing. 12/hr work weeks fucking suck kids. Wanna play, but don't want to play tired.

JRichter

Neo Member
^ yeah I went from struggling to decide between the F430 Scuderia and the 458 Italia w/ my measly 300k last night to having several million to play with early this morning cause of those events and the bonus multiplier.

commedieu

Banned
^ yeah I went from struggling to decide between the F430 Scuderia and the 458 Italia w/ my measly 300k last night to having several million to play with early this morning cause of those events and the bonus multiplier.

so I signed in last night, but my credits stayed the same.. do I have to keep signing in every day to get a bonus?

Jedi2016

so I signed in last night, but my credits stayed the same.. do I have to keep signing in every day to get a bonus?
Yeah, it's consecutive signins. Last night right after the update, there was a pop-up notification about it. You won't see the actual change until you win money, then it will say how much of a bonus you're getting.

commedieu

Banned
Yeah, it's consecutive signins. Last night right after the update, there was a pop-up notification about it. You won't see the actual change until you win money, then it will say how much of a bonus you're getting.

ah ok... I was thinking it would be a bonus of credits, wanted to buy a diablo.

Jedi2016

The login itself isn't, but the more you stack your logins, the more money you get from the races. Combined with the bump in rewards, it's suddenly become very easy to get money now.

amar212

It is bonus for credits and you can bypass the system with changes to consoles Time Zone settings in the XMB. I live in Europe, CET +1 and I always use bypass around 18:00 summer/19:00 winter time, because of the +15 minutes differences in TimeZones regarding my zone in the Nothern hemisphere. It is possible to hop from basic 110% bonus to 200% max within one hour of cheking and rebooting the game for 5 times in total and then start playing for real.

Top Bottom