• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

I found the Season Events too easy... all of them.

But I was surprised when I finished the last one yesterday (I don't remember which) and it give me ~2 million credits with 200% login bonus.

Easy money for sure.

What car did you use for the second anniversary event?

besides the rb9 hangar 7 will be unlocked after we complete the vettel x challenge

it's in the credits

surely they've updated it? they should also let us drive our car around outside, all dat open space and runways.

real time memory editor on cfw ps3 but any save game can be topped up with 50m credits when combined with bruteforce save data, i've seen some low life scum charging $10 a pop to do this on another forum.

i'll upload my save later with 300+ cars and 50m credits for people to use as a test drive option, all european and expensive cars in the garage.

ethomaz

Banned
What car did you use for the second anniversary event?
Honda HSV-010 decreasing the engine power to reach the PP needed for the event is the easy car... I beat it with the Audi quattro and Audi R18 too.

I almost did with the Ford Focus but this one was hard even making no mistake... I think even impossible with the DS3 but with a wheel I'm sure I can get Gold with the Focus too.

Try the HSV-010... it is really easy even to make the turns... you will make the time in the first or second lap without trouble.

the Audi R18 is the best car.
I found the Honda HSV-010 easy but the Audi R18 is close to it... I got Gold with both (I was trying to beat my own records and my friends records).

Buggery, I don't have that!
What cars do you have? Some strong cars you need to choose first then you change the engine power to match the event PP... so after that it will be showed in the cars lists you can use for the event... with the higher PP it didn't show.

JRichter

Neo Member
I remember some chatter about it earlier in this thread but anyone come across other vehicles with options in this category?

I'm only about 50 premium cars into the game and have only found the Alfa MiTo.

Honda HSV-010 decreasing the engine power to reach the PP needed for the event is the easy car... I beat it with the Audi quattro and Audi R18 too.

I almost did with the Ford Focus but this one was hard even making no mistake... I think even impossible with the DS3 but with a wheel I'm sure I can get Gold with the Focus too.

Try the HSV-010... it is really easy even to make the turns... you will make the time in the first or second lap without trouble.

I found the Honda HSV-010 easy but the Audi R18 is close to it... I got Gold with both (I was trying to beat my own records and my friends records).

What cars do you have? Some strong cars you need to choose first then you change the engine power to match the event PP... so after that it will be showed in the cars lists you can use for the event... with the higher PP it didn't show.

The GTR and Hyuara are my most powerful, I tried the GTR detuned and only just managed bronze! Took a look at gold and turned the game off.

Zeth

Is installation for this game abnormally long? Downloaded from PSN surprisingly fast for 15GB but I think it's been installing for over an hour. It was just stuck on 60% for 10 minutes.

benzy

I remember some chatter about it earlier in this thread but anyone come across other vehicles with options in this category?

I'm only about 50 premium cars into the game and have only found the Alfa MiTo.

The convertible BMW z4 is given a hard top. Makes me wonder why other convertibles, like the s2000 aren't given this option.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Sometimes I feel like the Audi R8 V10 is the best and easiest car in the game to control.

I think in GT6 it can make even more power than it could in GT5. Car is a fucking beast and effortless drift monster.

Ding-Ding

Is installation for this game abnormally long? Downloaded from PSN surprisingly fast for 15GB but I think it's been installing for over an hour. It was just stuck on 60% for 10 minutes.

Yes it takes along time. It even takes along time for the patches as well. Go get something to eat as I think it was a 4 hour install and 1 hour patching

All right, Christmas Eve. Gifts have been dealt. GT6 Anniversary Edition in my hands. Drunk out of my mind. Time to drive some virtual cars.

Steroyd

Oh man International B Supercar festival: Event 3 Circuit De la Sarthe. While racing transitions to night, fireworks go off while racing.

Dem feels man. Banderas.gif

I have been playing the game, still have some problems like the sound and damage but its quite fun and I'm enjoying the track variety!
Yesterday I tried a season event, its incredible how much money you get compare to the career model, one silver medal and the F40 and the Mclaren MP4-12c are in my garage :)

Im glad the change the stupid one use paintchip system.

I have a question, I changed the rims of the Mclaren MP4-12C and notice the rear wheels now are quite thin, how do I make them wide as with the original rims?

ethomaz

Banned
I have a question, I changed the rims of the Mclaren MP4-12C and notice the rear wheels now are quite thin, how do I make them wide as with the original rims?
You can't back to the original unless you copy manually the setting from the B or C template... if you changed all the three templates then there is no way to reset to default settings.

PD needs do fix that asap.

EGOMON

yes the same thing happpened to me it just forze at 60% then kept going but really fuckin slow.

amar212

You can't back to the original unless you copy manually the setting from the B or C template... if you changed all the three templates then there is no way to reset to default settings.

PD needs do fix that asap.

What is this?? :)))

Paladin, just go to GTAuto and select default rims from the menu.

Also, do not change rims on ANY CAR AT ALL, there is a "front tires becoming rear" bug in affect and until it is patched it is advisable not to change rims at all.

EGOMON

I have been playing the game, still have some problems like the sound and damage but its quite fun and I'm enjoying the track variety!
Yesterday I tried a season event, its incredible how much money you get compare to the career model, one silver medal and the F40 and the Mclaren MP4-12c are in my garage :)

Im glad the change the stupid one use paintchip system.

just go to the rims shop and the first rim should be the standard/original one instal it and the tyres width will return to normal

ethomaz

Banned

Also, do not change rims on ANY CAR AT ALL, there is a "front tires becoming rear" bug in affect and until it is patched it is advisable not to change rims at all.
Well I never go to GTAuto... I just change the settings on Start Menu or Race Menu... there is no option to reset them.

Good to know you can do that in another place :)

GT5 give you the option to reset to default all the settings.

IISANDERII

Does anybody else feel that the gold times for license tests, missions etc are just about perfect? There has been so many countless times where I complete a trial and I'm off by few hundredths of a second. It's happened so often I'm beginning to think there's some dark magic at work.

Well that would explain why my BTR is so squirrelly...but there are imitation Fuchs rims in the game, do you expect me to not use them?!

TTG

Does anybody else feel that the gold times for license tests, missions etc are just about perfect? There has been so many countless times where I complete a trial and I'm off by few hundredths of a second. It's happened so often I'm beginning to think there's some dark magic at work.

If the seasonals made up for it, I would be ok with them. The way GT has been positioned now, with updates and DLC, I'm ok with that stuff having no bite to it at all. Between mission races and license tests I think there was only one time I had to buckle down and make an effort, and it was still exponentially faster finished than some of the GT5 licenses. Oddly enough, it was a super GT car at Suzuka.

Answer is, we'll see. I've reserved judgement on the game as a whole for another 6 months or so.

When do wet races start? I'm being methodical and doing everything in order and am closing in on finishing off International A, but no sign of a wet race yet, and only a couple or so night races.

Ok, so what the fuck?

I reached my 200% "log in every day" limit yesterday, then I log in again today and I'm back down to 170%?!? Has anyone else had this happen?

XJF

Ok, so what the fuck?

I reached my 200% "log in every day" limit yesterday, then I log in again today and I'm back down to 170%?!? Has anyone else had this happen?

Maybe you were off for 24 hours, though still logging in every day. Say the "Game day" rotates at 7 pm. Say you play from 2-6pm one day, then get on at 9pm the next night. You missed a day signing in because you didn't sign on between 7pm day 1 and 7pm day 2.

Anyways, what's the deal with not being able to use the X2010/X2011 in ANY race? Wish I'd have known that before I dropped the 6 Million credits for them...

Jedi2016

Anyways, what's the deal with not being able to use the X2010/X2011 in ANY race? Wish I'd have known that before I dropped the 6 Million credits for them...
That is kind of stupid, IMO. The PP limits means there's cars that we can't use in the vast majority of races. That's part of the fun of the game (or at least it was), slumming the lower ranks with something ridiculous. Clubman Cup with an Enzo or something. I'm not even going to waste my credits on the Formula car now.

They should add an option to remove the PP limits from races or series that you've already won.

Thanks for the answers guys!

Im upgrading my F40, there's any good tune for it? any way to share tunning setups like in Forza? if not, theres a database that show the best setups?

Mylene

uploaded couple new videos:
xr43LBb.jpg

http://youtu.be/Fg5qLvrZXLg

dj6Mxbx.jpg

http://youtu.be/hv2EyCGFDYA

TTG

I found(more like stumbled) on a solution for the Delta Wing! Those who have driven the car know that it's fundamentally broken. The nose jacknifes to the inside at a hint of trail braking or sudden lateral acceleration, going off throttle to adjust or taking a corner at the limit flat out. Determined to win at least one race in what was a 2 million waste of space I added enough ballast to bring it down to 650PP and entered the 10 lap event at Silverstone. What do you know? The front end caprices were instantly gone, the car as docile as a stock GT3 racer.

From there it was a matter of how little ballast I could get away with. What helped wasn't just weighing the car down of course, what really mattered was adjusting that 33:67 weight distribution. After a little tinkering, 35:65 is plenty to keep it stable, which means dumping 25 kilos worth of ballast right where the hood ornament should be. That leaves us with a front end that will slide if really prodded under braking, but is otherwise rock solid. Which is fun, because the thing that broke the handling can now be used to rotate the car in tight corners.

I took it out to Spa just to make sure I wasn't getting Stockholm syndrome over at Silverstone after 20ish laps of the race plus testing. It's fine, great even. Remedy the 55lb hit to weight however you see fit, I think a 36hp bump is fair via a low RPM turbo. It's an interesting car, doesn't really drive like anything else on that level, tire and fuel wear is like the Rocket...

The more I play this the more I enjoy it. Been taking my sweet time and am currently tooling around in the second half of National A, making sure I get gold on every event before moving on.

Part of getting the the game click was to set my cockpit view to "narrowest" and remove the "reduce flicker" setting. Cockpit view performance seems much smoother at 1080p and you feel closer to the road for a better sense of speed.

Besides that I've made peace with the way the AI works and use them as practice in smooth overtaking. Its the tracks that make all the difference, and the feel of the suspension and especially elevation changes. For the first time in any game I've played the Nordschleife's carousel really unsettled my car - that and I've had to learn to be far more careful when it comes to my downhill braking zones and approach on tight turns.

Between the driving model changes and the sheer breadth of variety on offer this game just keeps on giving, and I'm finding that not settling for anything less than gold, along with the daily login rewards and a few lucrative seasonals help keep me flush in credits. Those bonuses are definitely appreciated.

hort22

Ok, so what the fuck?

I logged in yesterday at 3pm...had 200%...just logged in and raced a bit this morning...8:45ish am...login bonus was only 170%...wtf?

amar212

I logged in yesterday at 3pm...had 200%...just logged in and raced a bit this morning...8:45ish am...login bonus was only 170%...wtf?

You probably didnt save after getting 200%. You always have to save or make something ingame in order to get your bonus saved.

amar212

RACE REPORT:

Supercars in International B. 3 laps with timelapse. Enzo leading the grid, Huayra on second. Sports Soft as recommended compound.

Cizeta, full stock, no oil change, no assits, no ABS, restart if any contact with other car, Sports Hard for the second place.

Sports Medium compound for the win.

What a blast.

Bought an MX-5 1800 RS (NA, J) '04 to use in the Roadster one-make race. Wonder why the hell there are two different 1800 RS (NA, J) '04s in the Mazda dealership and muse on Polyphony's weird quirks. Find the MX-5 I bought is the ONE ROADSTER that is not in the list of allowed cars for the Roadster one-make race.

POLYPHONY GONNA POLYPHONY.

The only thing that can compete with the X cars are other X cars. That's why they have special events just for them.

Yeah, you wasted your 6 m credits though. But if you're buying any car to use in the career, you should check the race limitations first.

hort22

You probably didnt save after getting 200%. You always have to save or make something ingame in order to get your bonus saved.

Ok that makes sense...do u not have to start over at the beginning of log in days? Or did I just not play to many days in a row with gt5?

conman

Some of the golds in GT5 took me hours of practice to achieve. In GT6, they take 1-3 tries (with a few exceptions).

I'd prefer much more challenge, or another (platinum?) tier.

Zeth

Finally nearing the end of patch installation. Just got a G27 as a gift to myself - any recommended setups or places to look? Or is it fairly straightforward?

Bought an MX-5 1800 RS (NA, J) '04 to use in the Roadster one-make race. Wonder why the hell there are two different 1800 RS (NA, J) '04s in the Mazda dealership and muse on Polyphony's weird quirks. Find the MX-5 I bought is the ONE ROADSTER that is not in the list of allowed cars for the Roadster one-make race.

POLYPHONY GONNA POLYPHONY.

A lot of cars in the Japanese, European, and American versions of GT4 were named differently, and PD counted those as separate cars when they dumped then into GT5/6. For example:

Mazda MX-5 1800 RS (NB, J) '04 (European GT4)
Mazda MX-5 Miata 1800 RS (NB, J) '04 (American GT4)
Mazda Roadster 1800 RS (NB) '04 (Japanese GT4)

The reason they put (J) on the end of cars is because it's actually the domestic Japanese model, but renamed to whatever the car is called in America/Europe. What they should have done was remove the (J) models and keep the original JDM versions for 5/6.

Neo 007

After discovering I can "grind" the Junior X2014 Red Bull race @ Brands Hatch.Have gone on quite a few "shopping sprees"now the game feels like it's really opened up.
Have about half the cars I was lusting after and they all feel great.

This edition of GT is just getting better and better for me....other than the Kamikaze AI.

Top Bottom