• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

nasanu

Banned
I'm willing to bet you bought a shitload of power upgrades but didn't beef up the suspension. Check your ride height, stiffen your springs, and adjust your dampers. It'll make a world of difference. Lambos tend to be overpowered tops when they're unchecked

Plus one thing people forget is that PC sims always only have a few cars accurately modelled. If you look at the patches to these sims you will see specific fixes for each car hacking the main physics engine to make that car work. GT games have a thousand cars, they can't tweak every car, they just rely on the basic car data and the overall physics engine (which works surprisingly well considering). Sometimes to make a car handle like their real life counterparts you will have to do some setup work yourself.

JRichter

Neo Member
I never used srf, but the other day I was doing the seasonal trials and my times were almost 10 seconds behind the #1 guy in leaderboards. So I started checking all top ranked leaderboards drivers and they all used srf. So I decided to try it and instantly shaved off like 6 seconds in my time, makes you have to brake less and let's you push the car more.
Well this explains a lot when I see some of these top times. I had assumed that srf was some kind of skid recovery aid (once you have lost control, it could catch you before you say fully spin or leave tarmac - lessing the consequences), as opposed to a stability control (that would prevent you from losing control in the first place (such as how my real car will manipulate the lsd and abs at individual wheels - or something like that - to keep the car in line).

I guess I never noticed any interference in the license tests in which this setting is forced.

If I were PD, I would go as far as to use what the original vehicle actually has (for example, I don't think Lambo Countach has TC or ABS in real life, so you can't use it in game or if car has undefeatable TC or DSC you have to purchase overide or something).

But when I turn it off I get so nervous :x
When I turn it on, I'm so completely distracted and my times can dramatically worsen.

Noone should EVER use a driving line. Quit using it.

I propose you a game of Gran Turismo. It will give you another perspective for your play in the long term.

Pick your favorite car. One you like the handling, the sound, the feel and confidence it provides you. Now forget all other modes of the game but Arcade > Time Trial. Go there.

Imagine GT offers you nothing before you master all tracks. ALL TRACKS. Like rest of the game does not exist. And there is no racing line. No red zones. Nothing. Just sit in you car and start lapping. Alone. Against yourself and your ghost. Lap by lap. From disconfidence into confidence. Step out of your comfort zone bounded by boundaries of line.

Driving line is the plague of the genre. It should be avoided at all cost. When you get use on driving line, you are not driving with the brain. You don't use mind. You are not a driver, you are a zombie. Because you don't drive. You are following a line.

Don't be a zombie. Drive and live.

And remember that you can't live...

...if you're already dead.
Exactly. I can understand the temptation to use this on an unfamiliar track or one you are struggling to achieve a certain time on but in my experience , this at best would be a quick short term solution and keeps you from really developing that sense for the correct flow or rhythm of a tract (for lack of better use of words) that would ultimately result the fastest time you could possible achieve. If you run at least 10 back-to-back laps on most layouts (except something like nordschleife maybe) without that line, it's amazing how close you come to the proper line and proper braking points.

Most of the games have had a suggested gear indicator, is it not there in 6?
In GT it looks like it starts flashing at about the suggested braking point and if I'm daydreaming, admiring the interior of the car, or on an unfamiliar layout this is my wakeup call to start applying the brakes or something.

Cape Ring may be ugly, but get it right and it is an amazing track for driving (stupid jump of doom aside)

Yeah, see so much hate for this track but is one of the funnest IMO.

The only tracks missing IMO are the two "Road"s (Atlanta and America) and Donington....

Of course I'd love to get Mosport, Circuit Gilles Villeneuve and maybe even the former Turkey F1 track but I'm realistic.

Would like to see the "Road's" also.

It would be great if GT had a rewind button option like Forza. Since every car behaves differently there is a lot of trial and error when not using the line. It's annoying making one mistake during a race and you have to restart all over again. Yeah I know the whole point is to get penalized for making mistakes but having a rewind option would be such a time saver.

One or the things I've always loved about early GT series is how strict it was.

Rewind? No. I won't even restart the race after a mistake. I may be in the minority these days but I really respect the fact that, for example, if you blew race 3 of a 5-race championship, you cannot restart that race w/o restarting the whole championship. You couldn't save half way through an endurance race (so sad the longest races are now 24 minutes ?!). I know it comes off as silly, but even if I know I have blown a race (or championship) and will have to rerun the whole gd thing I will still completely finish it out, scooping up the partial credits and experience (enjoying every bit of it), and then rerun for even more credits and satisfaction.

Then again, I'm from an era of sim racing/gaming where there were no fucking difficulty settings. This is the rules of the game and the whole point to it was the enjoyment or entertainment of working through it to win the prize.

But, I will agree because not everyone plays the same way (or for the same reasons) and I can understand Forza series for giving people opitions. Just hope PD do better at giving more options/sliders instead of say just shortening races or just changing something in the series to make it easier, moving away from the original formula.

LOL, talking of tracks that are hard to memorise, Silverstone is terrible for me, all the layout changes over the years haven't helped, I would start to learn it in one game then the next game would have a different layout. The current layout is terrible to drive I think.

No matter the layout, I have never been able to establish a comfortable rhythm with Silverstone. Plus one of the Forza's (3 or 4) made you repeat this track a guzillion times in the career which was enough to make it my most hated track to drive in a game.

Hanmik

soo I haven´t been playing this great game in a couple of days..

is it safe to pop out my head again and play the game..?

OkpjHDp.jpg

any new stuff in the game..? the last thing I saw was that vettel stuff..

TTG

I think Donington has a high chance of being DLC, as PD seem to have fallen in love with UK motor sport venues. Wouldn't surprise me if it came with the Senna DLC as it was one of his most famous wins.

The Senna DLC is coming with Interlagos. It's in the intro movie, it's in Brazil, it makes a lot of sense.

Edit: I know it would feel cheap to do it, but a rewind option is a lot more elegant... just plain better as a teaching tool than the racing line
and the borked AI that lets you back in
. It would be turned off in the latter half of the career events and all of license tests etcetera, but it would work otherwise. It would also encourage entering races with lower PP cars. There's nothing as disheartening as being on the limit for 4 laps, fighting your way through the crowd in a slower car, only to lose it in one turn. Why fume over that for 45 minutes when you can just blow everyone away after the 2nd lap and who cares if you lose 10 seconds spinning out.

KaidoRacer7

The Senna DLC is coming with Interlagos. It's in the intro movie, it's in Brazil, it makes a lot of sense.

Edit: I know it would feel cheap to do it, but a rewind option is a lot more elegant... just plain better as a teaching tool than the racing line
and the borked AI that lets you back in
. It would be turned off in the latter half of the career events and all of license tests etcetera, but it would work otherwise. It would also encourage entering races with lower PP cars. There's nothing as disheartening as being on the limit for 4 laps, fighting your way through the crowd in a slower car, only to lose it in one turn. Why fume over that for 45 minutes when you can just blow everyone away after the 2nd lap and who cares if you lose 10 seconds spinning out.

Where? It only shows Senna's private kart track
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3qr_ZlL4dk

Changing the subject, I found something strange: Senna's racing helmet and suit doesn't appears for all cars. I tried to use with X2014 junior and the game changed to generic skin

Edit: OMG, you're right! Sorry! The track at the beginning is not the same at end. I recognize those buildings!

Edit 2: Besides, they only show the kart track of Interlagos... http://www.autodromodeinterlagos.com.br/wp1/conheca-interlagos/kartodromo/

Slide it across the grass corners on the first two turns. You can put two wheels off without penalty. You will gain a ton of time that way. Also, rally cars love dirt. Feed it the dirt.

Oh I managed to do it before I even post that. It was pretty much the only stage in Goodwood that gave me any trouble, except for the Red Bull car but even that was easier -- I've finished all 5 levels on Gold now.

Audi Quattro was easy as balls...I think I crushed that one by 2 seconds for gold.

Well I'm obviously not as good as you! :-D

amar212

This, plus the already mentioned Midfield and Seattle maybe.

They've upgraded Seattle, let us all hope that announcements of monthly track-DLCs were accurate.

seattle-1-640x360.jpg

seattle-2-640x360.jpg

And Midfield should really be high on the priority list as well.

However, since GT5 offers only Original tracks from the actual GT1 game (sans original Test Course and SSR11), I guess they're going game-by-game. Apricot Hill points to that (it was introduced in GT2 as well). However, both SSR11 and original Test Course should happen, especially the smaller TC oval, not the big one from the GT4.

But we will never understand how PD function in that regard, nor in any other regard as well.

I would always pay more for reincarnations of the all possible Original tracks than real-life ones, I know I am strange, but somehow I have fear how Original content will not be preserved for the future - and that would be so sad. GT1-GT4 era Original courses were amazing and the future of the series would be magnificent with all of them included, especially with "Weather & Timelapse" engine.

Also, I would so love to finally get all original SS courses (Clubman, R5, SSR11 GT1, SSR11 GT4 and now SS7) with daytime changing option. There was a GT5 hack that enabled daytime on SSR5 and it looked amazing despite track was visibly not optimized to be seen with white-light. I can only imagine doing some 20-laps on SSR11 with nightime kicking in.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I see you deliberately miss my quote because it does not fit with your opinion. Just try pushing a car up a steep hill. That is what the rear tyres have to do. The increase in traction is not anywhere near the increase in inertia. How that is not instantly obvious to everyone is beyond me. And front AND rear getting an increase?.. OMG how do you possibly think that works? Cars get fatter on hills?

As for the tyres, do you have any evidence of this at all (apart from your personal observations because frankly, you don't even know a car is harder to move on a hill..)?

Pushing a car up a hill would certainly raise the rear of the car because of the angle of force. Driving up a hill has a significantly lower angle of force. Hardly any sort of comparison. Also, a car going up a hill is heavier. More downward force on a tyre = more traction and a higher center of gravity would also shift more weight to the rear and give more traction.

And the tyres? A honda fit produces the same G force @ 100kph as a BMW Z4 GT3 car, Jaguar XKR-S and a Ferrari F40 at peak sustained grip on the same compound tyre. That should never be the case in a game that claims to be a simulator.

And GT6 still doesn't simulate lift off over steer or torque steer.

Explain to me how an object sitting on an angled surface will see an increase in grip. Don't make me draw force diagrams man, it's been a loooong time since college.

An object sitting on a incline =/= an object moving on a moving on an incline.

RaijinFY

They've upgraded Seattle, let us all hope that announcements of monthly track-DLCs were accurate.

seattle-1-640x360.jpg

seattle-2-640x360.jpg

And Midfield should really be high on the priority list as well.

However, since GT5 offers only Original tracks from the actual GT1 game (sans original Test Course and SSR11), I guess they're going game-by-game. Apricot Hill points to that (it was introduced in GT2 as well). However, both SSR11 and original Test Course should happen, especially the smaller TC oval, not the big one from the GT4.

But we will never understand how PD function in that regard, nor in any other regard as well.

I would always pay more for reincarnations of the all possible Original tracks than real-life ones, I know I am strange, but somehow I have fear how Original content will not be preserved for the future - and that would be so sad. GT1-GT4 era Original courses were amazing and the future of the series would be magnificent with all of them included, especially with "Weather & Timelapse" engine.

Also, I would so love to finally get all original SS courses (Clubman, R5, SSR11 GT1, SSR11 GT4 and now SS7) with daytime changing option. There was a GT5 hack that enabled daytime on SSR5 and it looked amazing despite track was visibly not optimized to be seen with white-light. I can only imagine doing some 20-laps on SSR11 with nightime kicking in.

SSR7?? People want more of that pos?

nasanu

Banned
Pushing a car up a hill would certainly raise the rear of the car because of the angle of force. Driving up a hill has a significantly lower angle of force. Hardly any sort of comparison. Also, a car going up a hill is heavier. More downward force on a tyre = more traction and a higher center of gravity would also shift more weight to the rear and give more traction.

And the tyres? A honda fit produces the same G force @ 100kph as a BMW Z4 GT3 car, Jaguar XKR-S and a Ferrari F40 at peak sustained grip on the same compound tyre. That should never be the case in a game that claims to be a simulator.

The weight of a car does not change no matter what it is doing... Well maybe when they open the moon up for time trialing you might have a case, till then please stick to reality. Also try to more closely follow what I have said. Your response indicates you didnt really understand what I wrote.

And you have no proof of that g force crap you were talking about and anyone who has driven a FF car in GT6 knows very well there is lift off oversteer. Infact I was using lift off oversteer to beat the mito seasonal in the stock car, would not have been possible without it.

Plus one thing people forget is that PC sims always only have a few cars accurately modelled. If you look at the patches to these sims you will see specific fixes for each car hacking the main physics engine to make that car work.
Your beef with PC sims never fails to amaze. Patches for individual cars 'hacking' the physics to make them work? How can you 'hack' your own code? Where is your evidence?

Kysen

Your beef with PC sims never fails to amaze. Patches for individual cars 'hacking' the physics to make them work? How can you 'hack' your own code? Where is your evidence?

The term 'hack' used in this context means just put anything together(code) that makes it appear to work even though the solution isn't optimal.

Something that has been bugging me lately with the AI is the untouchable 1-3rd place racers. Even if you are in the same car as them they get phantom speed boosts on straights. Passing them can only happen on bends where the AI slows down way too much.

Knowing that you can pass x cars each lap on the same bend is kinda lame.

OmegaDL50

The term 'hack' used in this context means just put anything together(code) that makes it appear to work even though the solution isn't optimal.

Something that has been bugging me lately with the AI is the untouchable 1-3rd place racers. Even if you are in the same car as them they get phantom speed boosts on straights. Passing them can only happen on bends where the AI slows down way too much.

I've been noticing this too.

I was doing the Vettel Redbull X2014 Junior Championship and was on the 3rd race, Grand Valley Speedway, after the final turn coming onto the main straight at the end / start of a lap, on the long straight the top 3 cars had a magical acceleration and made 3 second gap ahead of me, despite the fact I was drafting the car directly in front of me.

If all cars are of equal performance they should NOT get this magic acceleration for no reason on straights.

This sort of rubberbanding is bullshit and needs to stay the fuck out of any game with the word "Simulator" in the title.

TTG

Considering some of the cars that they added in the game. Pikes Peak has a chance to be one of the DLCs tracks.

I hope so, that would be great. Some proper rally stuff would be excellent as well. They have the WRC cars as well as old rally and even Dakar cars and there's next to nothing to put them to use in the single player now.

Fair enough, but he still should offer some evidence instead of these random statements - the guy he replied to wasn't even talking about PC sims.

MisterM

I was having trouble chasing a Golf in a Huyara on a straight last night, definitely bullshit. Once the Golf topped out I breezed past but the initial chase was mind boggling.

I wonder how the track DLC will work. They announced (essentially) 12 tracks, (1 for every month), but they haven't announced any type of "season pass". I wonder what the price for these will be.

I hope so, that would be great. Some proper rally stuff would be excellent as well. They have the WRC cars as well as old rally and even Dakar cars and there's next to nothing to put them to use in the single player now.

I think there will be some sort of Rally pack DLC with Loeb (he in the credits of the game) the 208 T16, Pikes Peak and Rally events square in the career mode.

BTW I believe they will put an Endurance square in career mode too when they add the B Spec mode.

After they put the Red Bull X events there, I started to believe it :D

ADRIANF1esp

Neo Member
I leave you a graphics, sound and driving comparison between GT6 and Assetto Corsa. It's a lap to Monza circuit with the Ferrari F40 in both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSokAkokB1A

What is your opinion? I think that GT6 looks good for a PS3 game. Assetto has good graphics and textures, except the steering wheel, which I like the GT6.

GT6 has for me better lighting and more realistic enviroment. I would like that GT7 had AC physics and sound + GT lighting. :)

More weight will shift to the rear which will increase rear traction for those wheels. But as I said this will not make up for the increase in inertia.

Properly calibrate your TV. Night racing looks awesome and the difference between high and low beams should be obvious. I only have trouble seeing in the night races when the afternoon sun is shining on my TV, otherwise its fine.
I have properly calibrated my TV. Every other game or movie with darkness is fine, just not this one. Or at least that particular event.

Can I buy a car that is eligible for the 15th Anniversary seasonal event, or is that for DLC cars only?
Does no one know the answer to this or do you all not like me for some reason?

I have a DLC that had five 15th anniversary cars but none of them are eligible for this event, what the hell?

MaDKaT

I have a DLC that had five 15th anniversary cars but none of them are eligible for this event, what the hell?

I have the same 5 cars, your PP is too high. Go to choose car, select All, Pick your favorite, then hit start and go to car settings. Add weight and or lower power in the car settings until you fit the requirements.

Gek54

I have properly calibrated my TV. Every other game or movie with darkness is fine, just not this one. Or at least that particular event.

Make sure the PS3 is set to RGB limited.

I have the same 5 cars, your PP is too high. Go to choose car, select All, Pick your favorite, then hit start and go to car settings. Add weight and or lower power in the car settings until you fit the requirements.
I thought with that particular event you couldn't put any kind of power limiters on, but I'll try. Do you remember what car you were able to make work? Thanks.

Make sure the PS3 is set to RGB limited.
OK I'll try that, and see if it helps. Thanks.

MaDKaT

I thought with that particular event you couldn't put any kind of power limiters on, but I'll try. Do you remember what car you were able to make work? Thanks.

I used the Corvette Stingray (C7). First seasonal I believe I had to lower the power almost all the way + add almost all the weight. Second seasonal I believe I was able to remove almost all the weight and power restriction + upped the tires.

OmegaDL50

I was having trouble chasing a Golf in a Huyara on a straight last night, definitely bullshit. Once the Golf topped out I breezed past but the initial chase was mind boggling.

They had to do something in the recent update.

On patch 1.01 this phantom speed boosts for the AI on straights never happened before. PD broke something when they updated to 1.02. They need to fix this shit.

A Golf on a straight could out accelerate a Huyara if the Golf was very high tuned, but I clearly don't think this is the case. The AI being given rubberband-like advantage.

Even so two identical cars (the Red Bull X2014 Junior Championship) is another example I listed above.

I don't mind PD making the AI more "competitive" per say, but adding fake difficulty and making it so AI has the magical advantage on straights is NOT the right way to go about this.

JRichter

Neo Member
So here I've been clenching my jaw, sweating my ass off, cussing my inadequacies and lapping way to deep into the night to chase the fastest times for seasonals on my friends list only to discover they had SRF on the whole time. I can go on w/ the rest of the game now.

So here I've been clenching my jaw, sweating my ass off, cussing my inadequacies and lapping way to deep into the night to chase the fastest times for seasonals on my friends list only to discover they had SRF on the whole time. I can go on w/ the rest of the game now.

Lmao, I feel bad. I feel that SRF times should be separated, or shown in a different color. I did the M4 Seasonal with SRF on because I simply couldn't get to gold. I ended up smoking the guys on my list by like 3 seconds... lol...

JRichter

Neo Member
Lmao, I feel bad. I feel that SRF times should be separated, or shown in a different color. I did the M4 Seasonal with SRF on because I simply couldn't get to gold. I ended up smoking the guys on my list by like 3 seconds... lol...

Yep, M4 seasonal is exactly the event that was depressing me - I couldn't figure out what the fuck I was doing wrong. Give us two lists when prompting the online rankings (SRF and non).

Since we're talking about tracks, I was just reading GTPlanet and apparently the Gunma Cycle Sports Center was found hidden in GT4 in October:

GilReQp.jpg

RKr9gLj.jpg

No idea how finished it is or if it's drivable. A shame it was cut.

etp_1

I agree with this so much. I also liked the 80s and 90s config of Fuji in GT4 much more than the too wide (for my liking) actual version of it, even though the Tilke-Version is still nice to race on. Apart from the SS-Tracks (which i somehow dont like that much), i pretty much would buy any Original Track from GT1-4 day one (mhhh...Rome night from GT2).

Gjerven

For those who didn't know: RA menu back in 1.02.

Best moment so far: Special Stage Route X in Like the Wind in International A. So many near crashes during the start, waving left to right when passing cars in high accelration / speed. My Veyron also spun out and got into a rollover in the long turn. So good.

why are the redbull cars the only ones with the new engine sounds? dat X11 at 120 through the sound system is vicious, they must've recorded the renault on the dyno at the redbull's factory for the rb9.

can't wait to drive it on jan 1st.

A car going up a hill is "heavier" only when the rate of change in the incline is positive. That's because the car wants to go through the hill and the road is pushing it up. Once the hill starts cresting you have significantly less traction as the road is dropping off with the car flying into the air.

I swear, you're going to make me draw a force diagram, aren't you? Don't make me do that. Think of a car travelling up a plane that is 80 degrees off the horizontal. What force is pushing the car to the road? Only the weight of the car * sin(80), which is very little. That force is the force that the tires use to provide traction.

This is difficult to explain in text.

Anyway, there are places on that mountain track where you have an incredible amount of traction because the ground slopes up sharply and other places where you have damn near no traction because it's a slope that is either constant or dropping away.

Go drive the RUF BTR and tell me GT6 doesn't model lift-off oversteer.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
The weight of a car does not change no matter what it is doing...

Wait, so downforce is a myth? Wow, so much time and money wasted on Formula 1.

And you have no proof of that g force crap you were talking about and anyone who has driven a FF car in GT6 knows very well there is lift off oversteer. Infact I was using lift off oversteer to beat the mito seasonal in the stock car, would not have been possible without it.

Unlike you, I actually test things in simulators and compare them to reality. I don't just read "the real driving simulator" on the box and assume it's correct.

And I don't know what you think lift off oversteer is but a completely stock Alfa Romeo Mito definitely does not exhibit it in GT6.

A car going up a hill is "heavier" only when the rate of change in the incline is positive. That's because the car wants to go through the hill and the road is pushing it up. Once the hill starts cresting you have significantly less traction as the road is dropping off with the car flying into the air.

I swear, you're going to make me draw a force diagram, aren't you? Don't make me do that. Think of a car travelling up a plane that is 80 degrees off the horizontal. What force is pushing the car to the road? Only the weight of the car * sin(80), which is very little. That force is the force that the tires use to provide traction.

This is difficult to explain in text.

Anyway, there are places on that mountain track where you have an incredible amount of traction because the ground slopes up sharply and other places where you have damn near no traction because it's a slope that is either constant or dropping away.

Go drive the RUF BTR and tell me GT6 doesn't model lift-off oversteer.

On a constant incline, grip would be either slightly increased or neutral, never decreased simply due to the constant fighting of gravity. Why else would it be much harder to accelerate up a hill in the real world? Only when the incline is decreasing should grip be reduced.

And when you were driving the RUF BTR, you probably should of taken notice of the fact the car oversteers no matter what. On throttle, off throttle and trailing throttle. Steering input makes it oversteer, nothing else.

On a constant incline, grip would be either slightly increased or neutral, never decreased simply due to the constant fighting of gravity. Why else would it be much harder to accelerate up a hill in the real world? Only when the incline is decreasing should grip be reduced.

Gravity pulls straight down, so if the surface you're on is angled the force of gravity pulling you into the surface will be decreased while the force of gravity pulling you along the surface will be increased.

And when you were driving the RUF BTR, you probably should of taken notice of the fact the car oversteers no matter what. On throttle, off throttle and trailing throttle. Steering input makes it oversteer, nothing else.

Okay I think it's obvious we're not playing the same game.

Oh, should I turn on SRF if I want the game to be easier? I hate to be one of those people, but for me, racing games get much more fun if the cars are super-easy to drive.

Wait, so downforce is a myth? Wow, so much time and money wasted on Formula 1.

Well, downforce has no effect on a cars weight... at all. That's physically impossible.

As the name implies downforce is... *gasp* a downwards force. It's another force acted on the car besides the weight, which itself is nothing more then mass times gravity.

Common man, that's fourth grade physics.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Gravity pulls straight down, so if the surface you're on is angled the force of gravity pulling you into the surface will be decreased while the force of gravity pulling you along the surface will be increased.

So going up a hill decreases the effect of gravity, news to me and everyone else actually...

Okay I think it's obvious we're not playing the same game.

Go and actually test it instead of thinking "OH EM GEE the car oversteer much reals many physics WOW!"

Go and see what difference there is with the same steering inputs at different throttle inputs. Go see if in the middle of a constant radius corner lifting off and doing nothing else causes oversteer. Pro tip, it doesn't. In the RUF BTR it is entirely dependant on steering angle and not throttle input.

Well, downforce has no effect on a cars weight... at all. That's physically impossible.

As the name implies downforce is... *gasp* a downwards force. It's another force acted on the car besides the weight, which is nothing more then mass times gravity.

Common man, that's fourth grade physics.

It's effective weight (same as what is being discussed) which is why it is measured in pounds or kilos.

Top Bottom