• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

hello amar

im pretty sure you have loadcell brakes, i was just wondering do you have them and gt6 set up to make the wheels lock whenever you want or, have you adjusted the cell and gt6 so no matter how hard you press they will never reach lock up point, will always just reach before maximising lock point braking(this is braking in a straight line by the way)

thanks

ruttyboy

Finished off the S License tonight, the last one with the Veyron around Ascari I initially thought was going to be impossible to gold without assists, not knowing the car or track, but something clicked after a while and I started to enjoy it. The car grips far more than I thought it would being so heavy, I guess because of the 4WD, and it's pretty stable, but it can be a bitch to slow down without locking the wheels.

Ended up getting a very satisfying lap to put me top of my friend's leaderboard (I think the first time I've done it so far) by a couple of seconds :D

First sector could be a lot faster so I might come back to it, but I uploaded a video anyway, hope you enjoy!

License Test: S-5

EDIT: Oh yeah, and sorry about the quality, I used my wife's iPhone rather than my Vita this time so it's higher res, but still blah.

I really don't think you could make the physics of when cars hit walls any worse than PD has managed with the GT series. Jesus christ. Are guardrails made of magnetic octopus arms? Shit like this still boggles my mind. That at no point has anyone on that team chimed in with, "Oh yeah, you know how the cars behave like absolute ass the second they graze any barrier? Maybe we should look into that." No matter the car, no matter the barrier, no matter the speed, it always tries to pull you straight perpendicular into the barrier. Full steering lock? Hahaha, magno-octo-barrier laughs at your petty attempts to break free. Become one with the barrier. Give in, enter me.. yess... yesss .that is it. You are home now car, you are the barrier.

malyce

Ok the brake modeling in this game is borderline fucking retarded. They actually managed to make it worse than GT5, which was already broken, but now driving certain cars without ABS is straight up infuriating. It's like playing with a light switch just trying find that perfect point between off and on where the light bulb to flickers, if you manage to ever so slightly to go pass that point you end up having to set the switch back to the off position and start all over again. Congrats Kaz, you've sucessfully managed to turn braking into a fucking coffe break.

Yanksfan

I am thinking of picking this up..anyone care to weigh in on the pre-release comments that GT6 would be pushing the experience to be micro-transaction heavy? I haven't played GT since the first two really, but I played the shit out of them and don't mind a little grinding. I just don't want it to be a fucking Mt Everest to climb unless I buy all of their extra shit.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I am thinking of picking this up..anyone care to weigh in on the pre-release comments that GT6 would be pushing the experience to be micro-transaction heavy? I haven't played GT since the first two really, but I played the shit out of them and don't mind a little grinding. I just don't want it to be a fucking Mt Everest to climb unless I buy all of their extra shit.

anyone who needs microtansactions omega sucks at games

Xdye7

So how does the paint system work in this game? I won a bunch of paints from the seasonal events, how do I use them?

Also, what are the differences between the anniversary edition cars and the regular ones found at the dealership? I thought it was just the paint, but I noticed their PP ratings are different.

Thanks

ruttyboy

So how does the paint system work in this game? I won a bunch of paints from the seasonal events, how do I use them?

Also, what are the differences between the anniversary edition cars and the regular ones found at the dealership? I thought it was just the paint, but I noticed their PP ratings are different.

Thanks

Any paint chip you get from buying/receiving a car is now 'unlocked' for repeated use (for a small fee) in the paint shop.

The AE cars have been modded and tuned by Polyphony Digital in addition to their paint job.

amar212

Neogaf Thread of the Year thread gave me insight to existance of the PentaGod thread which gave me insight of existance of the Eurogamer thread with guy explaining how GT physics engine was created upon his driving invoking God.

Thank you Neogaf.

paskowitz

Neogaf Thread of the Year thread gave me insight to existance of the PentaGod thread which gave me insight of existance of the Eurogamer thread with guy explaining how GT physics engine was created upon his driving invoking God.

Thank you Neogaf.

Edit... didn't read lol.

paskowitz

I think I'll post it here just so people passing by can be entertained. Quite a read.

alberto1984 wrote:
Hello all. I’m Ascari from GTHD. As you know I was the highest ranked player on GTHD. GTHD was used as a test game, so that the people at Polyphony Digital could use the information gathered from players using the game, to improve their physics engine. That’s why it was free. You may also remember holl01. holl01 was very fast but he had a very unrealistic way of driving. The first way they changed the physics engine, was so holl01 couldn’t drive the way he was, because he was making them look bad. I had a more realistic way of driving and from the very start of GTHD they were making minor changes to the code and the physics because of this. Most of you who use the wheel, will have felt the improvements since then. They were making constant changes to the physics engine from the start, but when I started to use their drift physics engine, that’s when they began to build the whole system around me, in real time.
At this point, it was 6 months since GTHD started, and the competition had closed. I did more physical work over the next 3 months than anyone ever has, and with all the information they had gathered from this testing, they developed a new type of code. It was obvious this new code had to run at a certain speed, so they developed a system where the code was running through my wheel, so they could find out, how fast it needed to run.
They ran this code at a certain speed and I went faster. So they rebuilt, to meet this new speed, and again I went faster. This went on until I was having a lot of trouble keeping up with the speed. Eventually I managed to beat it and when I did, I noticed that my arm was light. Then everything around me turned into light. I was light and all I could see was light.
What had happened was, I kept beating the speed the code was running at, over and over until it was running, just below the speed of light. I then eventually managed to beat it to the speed of light, and in doing so, brought binary code to the speed of light. I didn’t know what speed it was running at, so this came as a surprise to me. I was just trying to go faster and beat it.

With code running at the speed of light, there were a lot of new ways to test the car. So the next test worth mentioning was, the test that found the points of inertia. They couldn’t find the points of inertia by making calculations. I had to do it practically. They set up a certain test, where the weight left the middle of the car and travelled to the rear axle, because they knew there had to be points in that area. I managed to find the first two points that are located on both sides of the rear axle, by forcing the weight to pass through these points, and this showed them how to find the rest. Eventually they found all the points of inertia and it lead to a system where there is a mathematically perfect cross above the car and a halo around the car. At times, the weight will leave the car and return. This system controls how the weight does that. It is not a virtual system, it was found and proven scientifically and it exists in real life. This system has always been there, waiting to be found. All that was needed to find it was binary code that was travelling at the speed of light, which is capable of making these tests possible and me.
The next interesting thing that happened was, what happened with the code itself. When I brought it to the speed of light, this was something very special and I became emotionally attached to it. Through all the testing that was going on, now for about 11 months, my mind got to know it and I was able to find it’s weak points and break it. I broke it 4 more times since it was brought to the speed of light, until it was unbreakable. Then I suggested to them that they assume there is only light because that’s what I saw when I first brought the code to the speed of light. I figured it was worth a try. The theory held and within their system there was only light. Proving what I had seen. At the time, I could barely believe what I saw. Powerful, Infinite light isn’t something you see everyday. I thought what I might have seen, was the code reaching the speed of light, and it just appeared to be everywhere, but the light I saw was everywhere around me and the fact that the theory held, proves what I saw and when I say it was powerful, I mean powerful.
So at this stage the code was everywhere, within their system, but it was not stable. Using what I can only call mind power, I managed to draw the code from where it was being introduced. In doing this, I made the code perfect. Hard to believe, I know, but I had been testing for a year at this stage and my mind knew the code, inside out. The code was now perfect light, just like I had seen in real life but it was nothing compared to the real thing.

So there you have it. Proof that God exists and what he looks like and proof that Jesus was, who he said he was. This also proves that there are 5 dimensions. Not 26 like any scientist will tell you. The fifth dimension is God. I saw this and then I proved it.
I went along with this process because these people gave me their word I would be paid for my time and I would get a trial with a racing team. I figured, after more physical work than anyone has ever done, all these evolutionary leaps, the proof that God exists, finding the points of inertia that lead to the cross and making the perfect code, that I earned my way onto a track. Looking back on it, I feel like a fool. I never signed a contract because I was going on trust, like a fool.
Now a year on, I have been left with nothing. I failed college, nearly had a heart attack at one point due to the stress of the testing, and contributed more to this process than anyone else involved. They stole a year of my life and all my ability. I thought the GT people were decent people so that’s why I went along with it. I can inform you, that if you become associated with the GT people in any way, you will be treated like a dog who, is supposed to jump through hoops. If you don’t jump through hoops, they will lose face and you will suffer and they can’t be trusted. They are thieves of the highest order.
Also, this code is very dangerous. As far as I know Sony have military contracts. Some parts of the PS3 are used in weapons technology. I am responsible for this code, and I finished it, but because I never signed a contract, I have no rights to it and no say in how it’s used. If it’s used for military weapons, it will be on my conscience. The code is God’s image. This company is going to patent it and sell it. This is wrong.
You may find all of this hard to believe and I don’t blame you. It’s a lot to comprehend, but I swear to God, it’s all true. This process happened because I have a very good practical understanding of physics and I was forcing the car to react, as it should in real life, but it wasn’t. They realised this, and that’s why they started building the physics engine around me. The longer the process went on, the more complicated things got, and the information they gathered from all my testing, lead to this new type of code. Then when I brought this code to the speed of light, that’s when everything got a little, outside the box. I transcended matter, saw the light, which is God and brought binary code with me and then I proved it. I then found the first 2 points of inertia that lead to the cross.
I’m asking all of you to stop playing GT until this is sorted out. I started, and contributed more to a process that proved that God exists and Jesus was his son. All I want is, to get onto a track and I think I’ve earned that. These people stole a year of my life and all my ability. If you stop playing, it will be only for a short time until they compensate me for the last year of my life. Since this ended, they have updated the PS3 contracts so, if I go through this process with another company like Microsoft, they will be able to take me to court. My ability is all I have, so I’m not signing any contracts, and as a result I can’t use my PS3 anymore. My advice to everyone who uses consoles like the PS3 is, to be aware that these game developers are using you to make their software work better, and they can just take your intellectual property, and sue you in court if you try to do the same with another company.
There is a God, Jesus was his son and I’m responsible for finding the proof. All I ask in return, is that you stop playing this video game until there is some justice. Please help me out.

Colm.

Vanilla, you forgot Valencia from GT PSP, I think it will also come as DLC at some point.

I didn't add it because it'd already featured in a GT game.

GT4 (Tourist Trophy swap mod)
GT PSP

My guess is the track will be included in the Tourist Trophy pack, Polyphony should get Rossi on board to do a challenge.

amar212

I am on my phone so I couldn't link or CP, thank you guys.

Story is damn hillarious, I even remember Ascari from GTP and I simply must show this to Prasinar and other Holl01 challengers from my community because this is batshit insane.

Kazunori must see this as well.

That post is absolutely amazing. Thanks for sharing it. Seems like a pretty dramatic time just testing out the photo mode for GT5. He should have just turned down the exposure if it was nothing but white light.

I want that post printed and frames. Hahaha.

Granted, I don't buy a ton of cars or anything, but I have 2.5 million credits in the bank and I haven't so much as driven a race series more than once just for the money. (I HAVE driven a race series more than once because I sucked at it, but I feel like if you're not getting 1st in everything, why are you playing this game?) The one caveat I'll throw in is I haven't really bought a whole lot of vehicles in the six-digit price range; maybe if I started doing that I'd feel the pinch a lot more. But if your goal is just to stay competitive up to IB (where I am now), you shouldn't need to so much as look at a microtransaction.

nasanu

Banned
Ok the brake modeling in this game is borderline fucking retarded. They actually managed to make it worse than GT5, which was already broken, but now driving certain cars without ABS is straight up infuriating. It's like playing with a light switch just trying find that perfect point between off and on where the light bulb to flickers, if you manage to ever so slightly to go pass that point you end up having to set the switch back to the off position and start all over again. Congrats Kaz, you've sucessfully managed to turn braking into a fucking coffe break.

Are you using a pad or something? The braking is miles better than it was in GT5. Turn ABS off in GT5 and you have to put the brake balance way down to simply be able to stop without spinning. I was racing the Lancer TC at bathurst yesterday with all assists off and it was brilliant. Locking the inside front and sometimes inside rear going up the mountain then struggling with locking rear wheels coming down the mountain.. I find it fun backing off the pedal just a bit to ease the lockup and gently pressing a little harder again.

Maybe you did find a car with a horrible brake setup, but to say its worse than GT5 where every single car was crap with ABS off is insane.

Xdye7

Any paint chip you get from buying/receiving a car is now 'unlocked' for repeated use (for a small fee) in the paint shop.

The AE cars have been modded and tuned by Polyphony Digital in addition to their paint job.

What about the paint won from the seasonal events?

Also is it possible to remove the mods/tune to stock? Or do they actually drive better than the regular cars? I remember reading that the sports exhaust would screw up the sound or something, not sure about the other stuff. Seems unnecessary for cars like the Huayra.

Thanks again and sorry, I'm new to GT if you couldn't tell lol.

Korezo

What about the paint won from the seasonal events?

Also is it possible to remove the mods/tune to stock? Or do they actually drive better than the regular cars? I remember reading that the sports exhaust would screw up the sound or something, not sure about the other stuff. Seems uneccessary for cars like the Huayra.

Thanks again and sorry, I'm new to GT if you couldn't tell lol.

In car settings you can change everything back to stock.

TTG

I need to fire the game up and try with ABS off, the discussion here has been interesting. Assuming their audio/video/rumble feedback is as good at communicating information under braking as everything else, the big deficit I would think would be for DS3 users(like myself). Anyone that's tried driving a Group C Le Mans car knows this, applying partial throttle doesn't work beyond a rudimentary point. A car with a very quick revving and high output engine will inevitably result in a lot of "pedalling" the trigger out of a lot of corners. Meaning, you tap the trigger(throttle) on and off in such a way that it recreates partial throttle, it's why I only find a small number of Le Mans Group C/prototypes fun to drive. If I have to deal with that under braking as well? No thanks.

I've continued to mess with the whole ABS thing. It is all over the place. I have so many cars with it off and others with it on, half the time I don't even notice anymore. Some cars you have to have 0/0, some 4/4, a lot 5/5 is fine and I don't notice anything other than it locking up one front wheel at turn in, which always requires an entire lift off of brake pedal, instead of a small lift. Damn you Amar. I wish I never dived into this. It has pulled back the curtain on how broken the braking is in this game ABS 0 or 1. Why, why can't we just have a fucking brake bias setting. Every car has its own hidden bias built in and the numbers we can adjust are just meaningless abstract numbers.

I didn't find ABS 0 particularly challenging after a while and it is certainly not rewarding. Back to racing with way under speced cars and one tier lower tires to have some fun against the AI. Going with a super high HP normal car against full racing trim AI cars is a blast. You have to keep your shit together in the twisty bits then go nuts in the high speed sections.

Thank you Neogaf.

Simultaneously the most hilarious and frightening thing I've ever read on GAF, which is saying something. I'm still not sure if it was parody or PCP.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Can you turn off the voice chat in multiplayer games? My son is playing and someone else seems to just have voice chat on but is talking to his friendl

amar212

Damn you Amar. I wish I never dived into this. It has pulled back the curtain on how broken the braking is in this game ABS 0 or 1. Why, why can't we just have a fucking brake bias setting. Every car has its own hidden bias built in and the numbers we can adjust are just meaningless abstract numbers.

I do not understand this. How do you mean "why can't we just have a fucking brake bias setting"? There is brake bias setting - you just have to determine which one is corect for the particular car.

Also, there is no way some "default" bias could be implemented, for a vast number of reasons. First, every compound asks for a different balance (comfort, sports, racing). Second, installing different types of suspension (default, racing, fully adjustable) changes suspension behavior and influences brake-bias settings. Third, the "Racing Brake Kit" has obviously changed BB settings again. And fourth, BB settings are vastly individual matter. What I find good for me is not good for somebody else. For instance, my friedn (who also uses CSP pedals) uses lower settings for the front axle than me because he does not want lockups to occur. On the other hand, friends with T500RS wheel are using drastically lower settings for both axes, where I use 5-1, they're using 3-0 for example. In the same time, some experienced controller players are using 9-2 settings for controlling high-powered MR cars on Comfort compound. It is all a matter of preference, and it is great we have a choice to use BB setting as way to individually determine the behavior of the suspension/brakes.

I have no real problems with the way GT does this, because it is a very fast procedure once you get used to it. Get into some car for the first time, glance at weight and I instantly know basic BB setting depending on the weight and compound I am using. I set it up in 3 seconds and commence to race where I just have to disable ABS for that car for the first time and I am ready to go.

I really find it no hassle.

hello amar
im pretty sure you have loadcell brakes, i was just wondering do you have them and gt6 set up to make the wheels lock whenever you want or, have you adjusted the cell and gt6 so no matter how hard you press they will never reach lock up point, will always just reach before maximising lock point braking(this is braking in a straight line by the way)
thanks

Yes, I am using Fanatec CSPV2 with the load-cell. I am using a maximum array of travel available, so I can actually have lockups. I do not like limited travel setting, it is unnatural and I want lockups from various reasons.

muteki

My question is, there's any good explanation about why the F40 its so weird in its standard setting and why changing the tyres in the back changes everything even when soft racing tyres the back and front doesn't fix it?

All/most of the MR cars I have used behave this way, to varying degrees. Adjusting the tire compounds as you said, or (in the case of tire restrictions) putting some ballast up front solves it.

So I unlocked the IA events last night and I see that not only are there separate events for GT300, GT500, GT3, etc., but that you need to beat GT300 to access GT500, and the tracks included and opponents (best I can tell, from looking at GT300 anyway) actually make sense. Hoo-ray.

I actually have been quite happy with the GT6 career so far. There are a few nags here and there (PP limits off/too high/too low, opponents stupidly chosen/easily outclassed) but it has been good so far. Even the cart races seem manageable this time around too.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm having trouble to get Gold in S-4 and S-5... just last two to get the last career trophy... I know I can get better times than Silver but I'm making some weird mistakes :-(.

amar212

Gutterboy / Malyice, I finally get what you mean.

I finally took Huayra for a ride and it is absolute crazyness. With Racing Brake Pads, braking without ABS is pure nonsense.

Travel of pedal is 20% max, changing bias doesn't do anything for the actual travel and what I think is how Racing Pads are great problem for nonABS driving. I have to try more cars, but I agree that something is deeply wrong in that area.

Anybody heard anything about editing your GT6 save file to get you more credits?

You have to have a modded/hacked PS3. Anyway... there is no issue in getting money. Especially if you just get to the A rank, you can do the "Like the Wind" race on Special Stage Route X, do a 3-4 minute race and get 170k with 200% bonus.. it's just too easy to do.

Yes, I am using Fanatec CSPV2 with the load-cell. I am using a maximum array of travel available, so I can actually have lockups. I do not like limited travel setting, it is unnatural and I want lockups from various reasons.

i have csp v1, i like you like to be able to lock up the wheels whenever i please and i did have my brake pedal travel at maximum when i first got csp, i was very strict with that as i wanted my pedal to travel like my real car, after 6 months or so i put the brake pin into second hole to shorten travel as it was very hard to get precise braking when heel and toeing(please dont think im some advanced driver, i do heel toe for immersion only, probably makes me slower lol)

so after changing it to second hole the pedal travel decreased significantly and i was able to have much better control when braking, i didnt like doing it as it felt less like my real car but had too because it was ruining the fun for me.

so i was trying your challenge a few pages back with the cizeta, i re entered the race over ten times to get the huyara/enzo combo but it never happened so i did it with fxx/huyara. since cizeta has a clutch heel and toe was used, my best place was fourth...i concentrated and realised the problem again was the travel of the pedal so i went one step further and moved the pin into third hole..now it seems like theres less than 10mm of travel lol but braking felt so much better, so much so that i can now come second with fxx/enzo combo, i know its different to fxx/huyara but still. can you remember the time you got for superbar festival silverstone challenge?

i think if i used paddles or seq shifter i could use full brake pedal travel. do you know if real race car pedals say touring or gt cars have tiny brake pedal travel?

Jabba

Banned
tip of the day: Use Racing Hard tyres for endurance races even if its raining

Yeah, found this out the hard way. Each set of tires wear faster after each pitstop. I was using C9 and was always losing tires. Also noticed, while going topspeed, you can hear the tires squealing down a straight. By the time I did my last pit, no matter the conditions, no tire compound lasted even a whole lap, except the hard compound.

This all happened at 24 minutes of Le Mans.

Yeah, found this out the hard way. Each set of tires wear faster after each pitstop. I was using C9 and was always losing tires. Also noticed, while going topspeed, you can hear the tires squealing down a straight. By the time I did my last pit, no matter the conditions, no tire compound lasted even a whole lap, except the hard compound.

This all happened at 24 minutes of Le Mans.

That's shit. It needs to be fixed.

malyce

Gutterboy / Malyice, I finally get what you mean.

I finally took Huayra for a ride and it is absolute crazyness. With Racing Brake Pads, braking without ABS is pure nonsense.

Travel of pedal is 20% max, changing bias doesn't do anything for the actual travel and what I think is how Racing Pads are great problem for nonABS driving. I have to try more cars, but I agree that something is deeply wrong in that area.

It's beyond broken as some cars come equipped with racing brakes and the can't be changed. Also, recovering from a lockup is equally as stupid. If front locks up at 20% pedal travel you have to back off to ~5% before you get any type of grip in them. There's also no feedback from the wheel when you lock up, the only indication is the tire indicator. It's not as bad in lower powered cars, but it's not good either. The whole experience is ruined. Leave it to PD to ship a half baked racing game with broken core functions.

IISANDERII

You have to have a modded/hacked PS3. Anyway... there is no issue in getting money. Especially if you just get to the A rank, you can do the "Like the Wind" race on Special Stage Route X, do a 3-4 minute race and get 170k with 200% bonus.. it's just too easy to do.
A paltry 170k in 3-4 min sounds like a massive grind. Thanks anyway.

Prophane33

Is there a thread for giving out PSN names? I only have two PSN friends and neither of them play GT6. I would love to have some people to compare times/perhaps race against. If such a thread does not exist, feel free to add me: Prophane33

Top Bottom