• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Xun

I was hoping for more single seaters, but there doesn't seem to be any Formula cars this time around? :(

Solid game though.

Zeth

G27 users: I'm guessing the "simulation" setting is best? Any other suggestions? I have FF set to 50% and just learned about the rotation lock trick, can't wait to give it a try. This is my second racing sim I've played with a wheel, but I can't say I'm overly impressed with the handling model coming from Assetto Corsa :p But the seemingly endless amount of cars and racing content is pure joy for me. Loving it so far.

My god, I don't think I've ever been more frustrated:

Every time I play Red Bull Kart event, my PS3 crashes. I just finished first, finally, in the first event, went onto the next one and it crashed! So I lost my gold, and I lost the credits.

Is anyone having major crashing problems? I have an OG 60GB PS3, with a 320GB HDD installed.

I have no idea what to do. It's not only in the Red Bull races, it happens frequently whenever I'm in a race, and I'm ready to break the controller.

It's testament to the game that I keep coming back after a crash -- even after I just finished first then it crashed, I came back... got into 4th position and it fucking crashes again!

WHAT THE FUCK. When I say crash, I mean the PS3 straight up turns off with a blinking red light.

Yeah, like the other are saying, your PS3 is dying. It is just that GT6 is very demanding for your PS3. I had the same with my original PS3 while playing the Wipeout HD demo. It turned itself off and never went on again, leaving my Valkyria Chronicles Blu-ray inside to rot...

FrankWza

Never happened in The Last of Us, which I completed and played for hours on end, nor in GTAV, which I haven't finished but have put a few hours into.

try them now that youre having these issues is what i was saying. GT6 was probably last straw. but these 2 are very demanding as well so they should give you similar shutdowns.

Djie

Neo Member
Does GT6 has multiscreen support? Couldn't find it in my version of the game...
1493179_10153597228280316_1658479941_n.jpg

source: http://www.facebook.com/lucas.ordonez.370/posts/10153597228240316:0

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
simultaneously or after. You don't want to downshift and put yourself at an rpm that is too high for the current gear

Why? I think it would be good to be coming out of a turn with really high RPM and shift immediately into a higher gear.

Jibbed

Why? I think it would be good to be coming out of a turn with really high RPM and shift immediately into a higher gear.

Not sure if serious..

Having to shift up immediately on corner exit will lose you a few tenths and potential acceleration, it's usually a sign that you're a gear too low in any given corner.

EGOMON

no, either you shift mid-corner or enter the corner at low to medium RPM so that you blast it off the exit without wasting time shifting always follow the rule slow-in fast-out.

Here you go Y2Kev

utgSytG.jpg

You can always set up a time trial on a short course and try a variety of techniques on the same turn and see what feels the best, but I think you'll find breaking in to the turn/shifting down/accelerating out of the turn/shifting up generally gives you the highest speed throughout.

Eusis

What'd be a good track to practice manual on? I grabbed it in the GameStop sale and am admittedly feeling wishy washy on keeping it (though it IS Anniversary Edition) but would like to get used to manual in this too.

I think Brands Hatch is a great starter course. It's got a variety of turns and staights and it's not very long so you can get a lot of laps in not much time. I think that's even the first course they start you in the game, probably for those reasons.

malyce

http://www.drivingfast.net/techniques/racing-line.htm

http://www.drivingfast.net/techniques/track-corner.htm

Choose a car/track combo, spend about 15 mins trying to set your best time, read the article then spend another 15 mins applying what your new found knowledge. It may not come together right away, but you should be able to notice some advantages in relation to your ghost.

The Stealth Fox

I'm actually enjoying the career mode. I'm definitely finding it harder than GT5s.

Yeah yeah, rubber banding, but it's not that bad... at least it's competitive for an amateur like me. For a person who sucks at the ring, I have lost first place quite a bit compared to GT5's races on the ring.

Also, ascari reminds me of complex string in terms of level of difficulty.

bobeth

What'd be a good track to practice manual on? I grabbed it in the GameStop sale and am admittedly feeling wishy washy on keeping it (though it IS Anniversary Edition) but would like to get used to manual in this too.

I'd say High Speed Ring, it'll give you ample time to think ahead.

Finding the night races missing a lot of atmosphere with only my car having functioning headlights. Didn't GT5 have the car immediately in front and behind also have working headlights. which gave a better illusion of the field lighting up the track as you raced?

ruttyboy

Ugh, this fucking game. So ugly, so beautiful*, I'm getting back into the same abusive relationship I had with GT5, same old shit, only this time the lady has more charm and is less obtuse.

I started the game and got all the way to IA without buying a single car or modification, changing any car settings or using a single assist (including ABS**). It was intense, it was time consuming, it was painful, it was rewarding. Eventually though I'd had enough of it and wanted the career mode over with. Pretty much entirely because the rubber banding is farcical, every race it felt like I was a spoilt kid having a birthday party, all the other kids were much better than me, but as it was my birthday they let me win so I wouldn't cry.

Eventually I caved on my 'only gift cars' mission and bought a Toyota 7 to clear up some events, the AI was pissing me off to the point where I was starting to not want to play any more, then I got to the last race in the IA championship... two laps of the nurb at dawn (or possibly sunset), glorious! Once the AI was (so carefully) passed I could have gone round all day in my 7. Amazing.

So yeah, I love it, I hate it, as ever.

* I'm talking figuratively here, not a comment on the graphics

** Once I got used to it, no ABS was fine at 5/5 balance, not relating to these 'undrivable!' claims at all.

dubc35

I'd say any car/circuit combo you know and are comfortable with so you can focus exclusively on learning MT.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Not sure if serious..

Having to shift up immediately on corner exit will lose you a few tenths and potential acceleration, it's usually a sign that you're a gear too low in any given corner.

It was probably the wrong way of putting it, but I would figure you'd want to be close to needing to shift up coming out of the turn...wouldn't you be able to accelerate faster through a lower gear if you are entering and are about midway or 3/4ths through that gear?

That hurt my eyes lol.

I am not attempting mission S-5 again until PD patch this fucking AI somehow. I've really had enough. I tried going in front. It spins me out on the straight. I tried staying behind. It slows to a complete halt on Karussell and I have no choice but to make contact and be disqualified. Bye.

Amon37

Why do I have to exit and then pick and load the next event or license test. Way back in older GT games after you finished and event or test there was a "next event" or "next test" button

pretty much my only gripe since I started playing lol.

Korezo

I have hours in the damn S-4 Aventador license... Came .036 from gold.. That second and 3rd corner always screw me. I can't do it!!

Every time I play Red Bull Kart event, my PS3 crashes. I just finished first, finally, in the first event, went onto the next one and it crashed! So I lost my gold, and I lost the credits.

Is anyone having major crashing problems? I have an OG 60GB PS3, with a 320GB HDD installed.

I have no idea what to do. It's not only in the Red Bull races, it happens frequently whenever I'm in a race, and I'm ready to break the controller.

It's testament to the game that I keep coming back after a crash -- even after I just finished first then it crashed, I came back... got into 4th position and it fucking crashes again!

WHAT THE FUCK. When I say crash, I mean the PS3 straight up turns off with a blinking red light.

I suggest take the last few moments of your ps3 and use it to transfer any non install data (save files and stuff, back up to cloud) to a new PS3. Your OG is going to die. Trust me.

Yeap, I too am having the same issue though it seems it varies in what race/event it will crash on. My PS3 already ylod once and I had it reballed so there's little chance it will happen again. That doesn't stop it from shutting down due to overheating though, so I'm getting a 19 blade fan (and some thermal paste).
If that fails I can just get a cheap 12gb slim model, though it would be kind of frustrating being forced to that just because of one game...

Why do I have to exit and then pick and load the next event or license test. Way back in older GT games after you finished and event or test there was a "next event" or "next test" button

It's nuts isn't it? I can't believe that while testing the game, not one single person said "hey, a next button here would be really helpful" :)

G27 users: I'm guessing the "simulation" setting is best? Any other suggestions? I have FF set to 50% and just learned about the rotation lock trick, can't wait to give it a try. This is my second racing sim I've played with a wheel, but I can't say I'm overly impressed with the handling model coming from Assetto Corsa :p But the seemingly endless amount of cars and racing content is pure joy for me. Loving it so far.

The simulation setting doesn't do anything for G27. Only works for the wheels it has light up in the menu.

Check out this page for more stuff. You can change the degrees or rotation on the G27. I'm using the 620 degree one. lot's of consensus that it is the best setting for the majority of cars.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/g27-g25-dfgt-undocumented-wheel-lock-settings-guide.286646/

simultaneously or after. You don't want to downshift and put yourself at an rpm that is too high for the current gear

In a real car, it would certainly matter. In GT, it certainly doesn't. And it's a damn shame. Snapping the car into an oversteer after down shifting too early is such a challenge that simply doesn't exist in GT's simulation.

Not to mention the shitty clutch...

Korezo

I have hours in the damn S-4 Aventador license... Came .036 from gold.. That second and 3rd corner always screw me. I can't do it!!

Wow they had to have a Bugatti license... and on a crazy track to. Now I'm never really going to plat this game.

That one was a lot easier than the Lamborghini one before it. Keep trying!

Same here :(

I finally gold all S licenses, the Bugatti was easier than the Aventador, for the Aventador I had to change wheel to 640 to make the first 3 turns easier.

Wow, I'm outright annoyed with this game. Took the X2014 Junior out on the Nurburgring at night. Did some amazing laps and then decided I'd take some pics in the beautiful glory.

Can't see shit in most of the pictures. I turn up the exposure ("EV") to 5,...something that would make the pictures blinding... and nothing. No change. Of course... putting it to the negatives will make it darker. It just doesn't simulate the camera properly... I was hoping for some pictures that would be lit exclusively by the headlights...

Ding-Ding

Its probably already been mentioned but does anyone remember the weather reports from GT5P. With the newer GT5 DLC and GT6 tracks such as Spa, Silverstone, Brands Hatch & Motegi now in game, another 4 tracks can come of the list.

So the remaining have a good chance of being DLC.

Infineon/Sears Point
Shanghai
Estoril
Hockenheim
Imola
Jerez
Magny Cours

Am I missing any?

EDIT. Yes I did miss something, Zolder

moris

I have a download code for a 4-car pack that I received after preordering GT6. I already own the cars so if anyone wants it just send me a pm.

The cars are :
Tesla Model S Signature Performance '12
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 '14
BMW Z4 GT3 '11
Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13

edit: gone.

benzy

Beautiful!

Thanks. Bathurst is one of the more realistically and naturally lit tracks imo. It's interesting how the lighting engine doesn't just create the same look for every track under the same time frame. Each track has its own flavor and atmosphere.

Its probably already been mentioned but does anyone remember the weather reports from GT5P. With the newer GT5 DLC and GT6 tracks such as Spa, Silverstone, Brands Hatch & Motegi now in game, another 4 tracks can come of the list.

So the remaining have a good chance of being DLC.

Infineon/Sears Point
Shanghai
Estoril
Hockenheim
Imola
Jerez
Magny Cours

Am I missing any?

EDIT. Yes I did miss something, Zolder

Monza.

These were the never before seen tracks in a GT game:

Autódromo do Estoril - Senna DLC
Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari - Senna DLC
Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Available
Brands Hatch - Available
Circuit de Nevers Magny-Cours - ?
Circuit de Spa Francorchamps - Available
Circuit Zolder - ?
Circuito de Jerez - Senna DLC
Hockenheimring - Who cares?
Shanghai International Circuit - Polyphony visited the track in 2012
Silverstone - Available

Pikes Peak will return, Polyphony were filmed there years ago, plus the screencap of their track database, Red Bull's Pikes Peak GT track guide and new premium Pikes Peak cars in GT6. Will it be included in Sebastian Loeb's challenge? If Kazzie has any sense it will.

Did they pull it from GT5 because of the change from dirt to tarmac?

Interlagos - Senna DLC
Snaefall Mountain - Tourist Trophy DLC

banderas.gif

I miss Course Maker :(

Watevaman

I don't really follow Pike's Peak stuff, so were there any layout changes that went along with the surface change? It'd be great if PD included dirt and asphalt layouts.

Random question: does anyone prefer the controller over the wheel? I finally used my roommates Driving Force GT and it just felt a lot more difficult.

amar212

Vanilla, you forgot Valencia from GT PSP, I think it will also come as DLC at some point.

And Wardez from GTP has reported how PD was at Goodwood Road Corse last week, doing scanning.

And damn, I want GT5:prologue/GT5 backgrounds and Photo Locations back, as well as GT4 ones. I really do not understand what PD is doing with all those assets, why they just don't recycle them and give them to us.

Crazy.

EDIT: Regarding Sears Point (former Infineon), now with Infineon out of main sponsorship for the track, there could be a chance of return to GT series - because Infineon is the main provider for Xbox authentication chips and Microsoft main technology partner (even "standard" GT4 Audi LM R8 do not have Infineon logo on their liveries in GT5/GT6).

I'm enjoying the game and yesterday finally got my 200% so did the seasonal events and then went to a shopping spree! (white Ford GT LM, Murcielago SV, Mclaren F1).

All was great except for the Ferrari F40, it handles like crap, all unpredictable, loose and tail happy even when racing soft tyres, nothing like GT5, the assist made it more annoying to drive. I spend like 200k in upgrades searching for a good combination until I found a post in GT Planet saying that the problem would fix with hard tyres in the front and soft in the back.

So, I tried with sport hard in the front and sport soft in the back, I still cant believe the change, not even a single spin or tail happy during the curves, even a bit of under steer and its quite easy to drive, I added more HP and changed the tyres to racing hard in the front and racing soft in the back, now the car its alive and really fun to drive.

My question is, there's any good explanation about why the F40 its so weird in its standard setting and why changing the tyres in the back changes everything even when soft racing tyres the back and front doesn't fix it?

Go ahead and try by yourselfs, probably you will love the F40 aftet that change :)

Top Bottom