• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Niks

Yeah looks like night racing has some issues. I saw a replay of daytona at night and it didnt look as polished (lod issues, cars not displaying interiors properly in replay).

Maybe the day 1 patch will fix these. If not, im sure PD will fix them in the near future.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Umm, you could set the exact time of day you wanted it to start (well, in ten minute increments) and the weather for those that allowed it in GT5?

In A-Spec it was fixed times if thats what you mean?

Is this true? I don't remember any races having real time day cycle in A Spec & I don't remember seeing anyway to set the time in 10 minute increments in Arcade mode.

Watevaman

Well I'm definitely gonna buy the T500RS for that price.

Some dude on Friday bought one for that much but when I went to my local Microcenter the guy said it was a fluke.

Watevaman

Actually, does anyone know if this is a fluke? I had to place my order online since the nearest MC is 5 hours away, but does everyone know if they'll honor it or if this is a mistake?

Just bought it, this plus GT6 just set me back $220, and i still need to buy a stand for the damn thing. My wallet is bleeding :'( anyone want to give me a free stand.

andylsun

And I've just bought the T500RS wheel, thanks for all the good times, driving force pro and GT.

Gran turismo 5/6 does support two player with two wheels?

dubc35

I'm not familiar with the wheel, big upgrade from dfgt if only using it for ps3? Some reviews on amazon say it wasn't great on gt5 and the quality isn't that great. It seems to be loved on this page though.

Makki

I found a cheap Driving Force GT. How would you guys rate it?

Still good enough?

It was my GT5 wheel and I liked it. My only gripe with it was that it felt notchy when I turned the wheel. I bought a refurbished one though so it might have been defective.

OmegaDL50

I'm not familiar with the wheel, big upgrade from dfgt if only using it for ps3? Some reviews on amazon say it wasn't great on gt5 and the quality isn't that great. It seems to be loved on this page though.

The guys at insidesimracing use the thing, so that should tell you pretty much everything.

The wheel was officially licensed for use for GT5, so those Amazon reviewers where clearly dropped on their head.

The wheel is confirmed to work on PC, PS3, and even PS4 (At least DriveClub devs Evolution Studios says the T500 works on their game)

Watevaman

It's a belt-driven wheel with great pedals. Yeah, it's miles ahead of a DFGT.

paskowitz

Hopefully we will have now have some more wheel users for the GT6 NeoGAF Racing League. BTW who is doing the OT for that?

dubc35

The guys at insidesimracing use the thing, so that should tell you pretty much everything.

The wheel was officially licensed for use for GT5, so those Amazon reviewers where clearly dropped on their head.

The wheel is confirmed to work on PC, PS3, and even PS4 (At least DriveClub devs Evolution Studios says the T500 works on their game)

It's a belt-driven wheel with great pedals. Yeah, it's miles ahead of a DFGT.

....and +1 to the T500RS owners club!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Quick question - for the cars in the Anniversary edition... are they immediately unlocked when you start the game, or is it like Forza where you only have the right to buy them with in game money?

Quick question - for the cars in the Anniversary edition... are they immediately unlocked when you start the game, or is it like Forza where you only have the right to buy them with in game money?

I believe the Anniversary cars are unlocked from the get-go. The DLC will probably be like Forza in that you need to splash the credits, but thus far they're all going to cost $0.00 in actual money, so who cares.

Mobius 1

Hopefully we will have now have some more wheel users for the GT6 NeoGAF Racing League. BTW who is doing the OT for that?

Metalmurphy said he was working on it, but it seems he got himself banned.

Also:

ivvC0Abwt5EXe.jpg

Melfice7

It still only shows the time difference from the first place? seems like such an easy thing to fix.. if im in a 16 car race and im in 10th i dont care how far i am from the first place i care about the guy in front of me! :|

Mobius 1

Dead Man

It still only shows the time difference from the first place? seems like such an easy thing to fix.. if im in a 16 car race and im in 10th i dont care how far i am from the first place i care about the guy in front of me! :|

Really? How do they keep fucking such simple things up?

TTG

Really? How do they keep fucking such simple things up?

Do you not remember how a big chunk of the career mode works? The player is in last place, starting from a rolling start and the idea is you make your way into first within a certain number of... never mind, it's clearly an oversight!

Dead Man

Do you not remember how a big chunk of the career mode works? The player is in last place, starting from a rolling start and the idea is you make your way into first within a certain number of... never mind, it's clearly an oversight!

1. That is a stupid system, and it has been since they implemented it.

2. There are other racers on the track, interval times are useful even if you are not chasing first place directly

3. Even though it is a big chunk of the stupid career races, it is not all of them. Nor is it all of online, or arcade.

4. PD suck at making races that resemble actual races.

5. I forgot PD can do nothing wrong.

6. If it was a post agreeing with me and I misread it, apologies.

hirokazu

EU Anniversary Edition contains the Torque Pack cars in the box as part of the 20 included, right?

I might have an extra code for that because they sent me codes for both the Precision and the Torque pack for preordering.

I'll see how it is when the game arrives, I'll give the code away here if I have an extra.

Top Bottom