• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Mobius 1

Well, this one is damn interesting.

On the very SCEE press vault there is bunch of PR texts from today's Launch Event, including this particular one that have not yet been picked up by anyone as I can see:

1985 Lotus type 97T - Senna’s First GP Win

Why is that text there? :)

I called it!

If you are racing online in organized groups of friends, with strict set rules all of those issues are irrelevant.
Well sure ;P

You could say that about any online game, but it's harder said than done, especially when your friends have different games and schedules and responsibilities.

Even still though, I've had great times with GT offline.

OmegaDL50

I called it!

Should be interesting and will fit right in.

They just did an event with this car back in 2012 at Goodwood, which just happens to be one of the new tracks in the game

7983245344_b36d06e016.jpg

Read up about it here, should be a nice article to read for any of you who are Petrolheads.

http://www.speedhunters.com/2012/07/lotus-blossom-goodwood-festival-of-speed/

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Fuuuuck I want stores to break the release date on the game already. I must have it. This is the first time I remember a GT game launching on its intended release date.

amar212

Gran Turismo is getting even more serious at Saladine's land, another very interesing piece of news just came in - the street next to Bathurst circuit has been officially named Gran Turismo Drive.

So, what we have in total for 2013?

- 28 world car manufacturers/designers producing unique concept for the GT series
- Kazunori Yamauchi getting his own full-feature movie documentary "Kaz"
- Kazunori getting his own street in city of Ronda
- Gran Turismo game getting its own street next to Bathurst
- Gran Turismo movie produced by Sony Pictures with top-Hollywood talents
- Gran Turismo 6 game in 4 days

...man, from this kid...

iHN1ckqqK5jlj.jpg

..to this man.

ibvpwp2nS1uoyz.jpg

Congratulations Yamauchi-san. Your series is truly something unique in the world and in the history.

Gran Turismo® Drive unveiled at Australia’s Home of Motor Racing
Australian Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit, Bathurst, honors Gran Turismo® franchise with road naming ceremony

Sydney, 3 December, 2013 – Sony Computer Entertainment Australia (SCE Aust.) and The City of Bathurst have today unveiled Gran Turismo® Drive at Australia’s home of motorsport, Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit, ahead of the launch of the latest installment in the Gran Turismo® franchise, Gran Turismo®6 (GT6™), on 6th December 2013 which includes the famous circuit.

The official naming of a local road as Gran Turismo Drive pays testament to the iconic and detailed recreation of the Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit in this year’s Gran Turismo 6. Fans of the franchise will be able to visit the historical circuit and walk down the internal circuit road during special events, flanked by the control tower and sitting directly behind the famous pit garages.

Racing veteran and gamer Shane Jacobson took the honor of officially opening Gran Turismo Drive to the public alongside the Mayor of Bathurst, Cr Gary Rush, in a ceremony that acknowledged the legacy of the circuit and its most recent immortalization in the blockbuster racing franchise

Gran Turismo 6 will also form part of a new interactive exhibition and be added to the memorabilia collection within the National Motor Racing Museum. Celebrating the commitment from the development team at Polyphony Digital Inc. in sensitively and tirelessly recreating the circuit for PlayStation®3 owners around the world, the museum will encourage all visitors to try their hand at driving the circuit in a fully immersive gaming experience.

“We are extremely proud to be acknowledged by the City of Bathurst for the years of dedication we have invested in recreating Mount Panorama in Gran Turismo 6.” said Kazunori Yamauchi, the Gran Turismo creator and President of Polyphony Digital Inc. “Since its inception 15 years ago, Gran Turismo has listened to fan feedback and added extra features so that we now offer 1200 cars and 33 circuits from all across the world. It seems only right that the legendary Mount Panorama circuit is included as fans will now have a chance to drive one of the toughest tracks out there. With Mount Panorama immortalized in the Gran Turismo series, it is now truly remarkable to see GT immortalized on The Mount itself.”

“Driving a lap of our world famous motor racing circuit is a life changing experience for those who have the chance and Bathurst Regional Council is very excited about opening up the Mount Panorama experience through the launch of Gran Turismo 6 this week” said Gary Rush, Mayor of Bathurst. “As custodians of a unique collection of the motor racing history of Mount Panorama at the National Motor Racing Museum, this partnership with Sony PlayStation is a great example of the how Council is always looking for new and innovative ways to interpret the Mount Panorama experience to the world.” Cr Rush continued, “Mount Panorama is a very special part of the history of Bathurst which will celebrate 200 years as a European settlement in 2015 and this event opens up the opportunity for a new worldwide audience of fans to experience this special place - especially as we believe we are the first council in Australia to name a road after a videogame franchise.”

On the very SCEE press vault there is bunch of PR texts from today's Launch Event, including this particular one that have not yet been picked up by anyone as I can see:

Great spot Amar!

Gran Turismo is getting even more serious at Saladine's land, another very interesing piece of news just came in - the street next to Bathurst circuit has been officially named Gran Turismo Drive.

- 28 world car manufacturers/designers producing unique concept for the GT series

...man, from this kid...

[IM]http://i2.minus.com/iHN1ckqqK5jlj.jpg[/IMG]

..to this man.

[IM]http://i3.minus.com/ibvpwp2nS1uoyz.jpg[/IMG]

Congratulations Yamauchi-san. Your series is truly something unique in the world and in the history.

Australian Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit, Bathurst, honors Gran Turismo® franchise with road naming ceremony

Amazing to see how far the series has come. From Kaz talking about how they had to go around begging manufacturers to let them use their cars, to those manufacturers now making cars specifically for the game and different countries naming locations after the brand and creator.

...man, from this kid...

iHN1ckqqK5jlj.jpg

..to this man.

ibvpwp2nS1uoyz.jpg

Amazing and completely deserved, crazy year for Kaz indeed.

looks neat, like those old ps1 Namco controllers. Would love to hear impressions when you get it, I may look into it myself.

I already have it at home but haven't tried it yet - it feels like a good quality controller though.The reviews on amazon are almost all quite postive. I thought about giving it a go with GT5 but I don't want to go through the hassle of installing it again. I'll be sure to post impressions once I get GT6.

dubc35

Sweet, got a $50 Amazon gift card today. $15 GT6 preorder complete (damn taxes!). Since I have a grand total of about an hour of free time a week, this should hold me over for the next decade or so, lol.

amar212

Open Online lobbies and Seasonal Events from day one.

Open Lobby
It is possible to create an open room for up to 16 players to enjoy online racing. You can either create your own room or join an existing room. Now it is also possible to set up multiple races in sequence.

ibic2AEzRd0qTJ.png

Seasonal Events
These are official races, Time Trials, and Drift Trial events that will be distributed online for limited periods of time. In-game credits are awarded according to the results of the race.

Much more things coming later as an update (including Quick Races, damn).

http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gt6/

OmegaDL50

I see the custom track icon is shown with a pencil drawing the course, the optimist in me hopes they take this in the literal sense of being able to actually draw your own course and objects are auto randomly generated around this like trees, cones, and guard rails, bushes, etc.

It's not like this impossible to do either, one only needs to look at the fine ModNation racers for an example of how free form track creation can be done on the PS3.

That game literally let you pave your own track and it was generated behind you based on the path you drove on an empty field. It had all of the important details such as elevation changes and being able to place track side objects and such.

I just hope GT6's course maker isn't lifted from GT5 and it's not a true course maker but randomly generated. If it similar to ModNation Racers in some capacity in terms of freedom then I would be completely content for my track creation needs.

Hell even the Wii had a Trackmania game, and anyone who has played a Trackmania game knows how indepth the track creation is.

There is no excuse for a proper track creator to be implemented in GT6, depending how much effort Polyphony goes to implement it is another story entirely.

Zep

Banned
Should have bought that playseat+g27 for $250. Kicking myself for letting that slide.

Nevermind, its still available.

What do you guys think? Playseat evolution chair + G27 for $300. Seems like a great deal.

OmegaDL50

What do you guys think? Playseat evolution chair + G27 for $300. Seems like a great deal.

The G27 can go alone for $300 by itself, so basically getting the wheel with proper racing seat basically for free is definitely worthwhile. (Just letting you know the Playseat Char can go for $300 as well)

So getting both for only $300 is basically half price for both. It's worth it.

If they were selling the G27 by itself for $150, it would be long gone and on it's way to my door.

Watevaman

Does it have the attachment for the G27 shifter? If not, take into account that's another $50 or something.

But yeah, I love my Playseat+DFGT. I imagine it'd be just fine with the G27 as well.

hayguyz

Banned
haven't played a GT game since the first one

are these good with just controller? or do you need a wheel to be really good?

kind of like mouse/kb versus controller?

JamboGT

I play with a wheel but am just as fast with a controller.

Some things, like drifting/controlling a slide to me are easier with the controller but the game is best with a wheel for me.

Why is that text there? :)

I just got the chills reading that.

YES!

haven't played a GT game since the first one

are these good with just controller? or do you need a wheel to be really good?

kind of like mouse/kb versus controller?

A full wheel setup is best, but definitely isn't required. You'll still have a ton of fun with a good ol' DS3.

dubc35

I play with a wheel but am just as fast with a controller.

Some things, like drifting/controlling a slide to me are easier with the controller but the game is best with a wheel for me.

Same here, although I haven't played with a controller recently. Drifting is definitely easier for me with a controller because it's much faster/easier to go from full lock one way to the other; flick of the thumb as opposed to whipping the wheel around. That said, using the wheel is more rewarding IMO.

Zep

Banned
Does it have the attachment for the G27 shifter? If not, take into account that's another $50 or something.

But yeah, I love my Playseat+DFGT. I imagine it'd be just fine with the G27 as well.

Didn't recognize that. Thanks for pointing that out!

...man, from this kid...

iHN1ckqqK5jlj.jpg

..to this man.

ibvpwp2nS1uoyz.jpg

This is pretty great.

The lack of track illumination from other cars is so fucking distracting. It COMPLETELY breaks the immersion. GT5 hit the nail on the head... hopefully they can patch it back in. It's super frustrating to see it gone in replays....

JamboGT

In GT5 it pretty much had the car in front and behind have full lights, hopefully they can manage to squeeze a few more MB of RAM to manage it somehow.

In GT5 it pretty much had the car in front and behind have full lights, hopefully they can manage to squeeze a few more MB of RAM to manage it somehow.

I don't care if they cut much corners in race, but in replay is just crazy. Though.. I would love to be able to see car headlights fly across a night race at willow springs...

Emwitus

This is pretty great.

The lack of track illumination from other cars is so fucking distracting. It COMPLETELY breaks the immersion. GT5 hit the nail on the head... hopefully they can patch it back in. It's super frustrating to see it gone in replays....

So much this. AGH!

This is the sort of thing I only notice when other people point it out.

God damn it

Top Bottom