• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

TTG

... If it was a post agreeing with me and I misread it, apologies.

Just explaining what their thinking must be, I agree with all of those points. The moving slalom courses that they rely on so much do suck. It should be limited to something like the AMG academy from 5, a novelty that stays fresh and an interesting contrast with how big of a head start cars get vs their relative performance.

Just a quick question. If you buy the game off of PSN do you get the 15th anniversary special edition cars or is it GS exclusive in the USA?

Dead Man

Just explaining what their thinking must be, I agree with all of those points. The moving slalom courses that they rely on so much do suck. It should be limited to something like the AMG academy from 5, a novelty that stays fresh and an interesting contrast with how big of a head start cars get vs their relative performance.

Oops, sorry. And yeah, if it was a small part of the game I would quite like it, it's the repetitiveness that grates.

Kryten

The NZ digital store has 2 versions of GT6 available, one of which is the "Special Edition" which includes the 5 Precision Pack cars AND the following:

- 20 cars with special liveries and enhancements.
- Custom paint chips, race suit, helmet and PSN avatars.

I can't dodge around the region locking, but double check for your part of the world (there's an NZD$10 difference in price).

The Jason

Pre-ordered the 15th Anniversary version from gamestop yesterday. I was going to hold out for a while but the Anniversary version was just too nice to pass up. I like the cover art much more than the standard version.

gran-turismo-6-anniversary-edition-box.png

I've owned every GT to date and I'm looking forward to running through the single player mode again. I've yet to try any GT multiplayer online so I hope its good in GT6.

NeoGash

Sound patch. When is it coming? Only thing from stopping me getting this day one. I really want to race on Bathurst at night time or with rain. Going to be so epic!

dubc35

http://abload.de/img/gran-turismo-dr8ed0v.jpg

[url]http://www.vg247.com/2013/12/03/gan-turismo-drive-is-bathursts-newest-street/[/url]

And from GT6's launch event

[img]http://abload.de/img/baf5mlmcqaaytkgeuucc.jpg

[img]http://abload.de/img/baf4vxwiqaan1rhe6uyq.jpg[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Looking forward to the Ascari event tomorrow.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
So once again they restrict the best SP racing experience to just Arcade mode (AI's level set at 10) and fail to understand how vital it'd be to add exp/ money rewarding to the mix.
Awful decision. This was the worse news I had today, man PD really don't get it sometimes, do they

Mush

So I guess we still don't know about this day 1 patch? I'm guessing it will contain the X2014 and such?

malyce

So once again they restrict the best SP racing experience to just Arcade mode (AI's level set at 10) and fail to understand how vital it'd be to add exp/ money rewarding to the mix.
Awful decision. This was the worse news I had today, man PD really don't get it sometimes, do they

Kaz/PD/GT is in dire need of some western influence.

If I do decide to pick it up on Friday, I'm probably just going to stroll in. I doubt it will be sold out on launch day.

It won't be. I stopped by my local GS to pre-order it and none of them even knew that the game was coming out this Friday lol. Hell, I was probably the only guy in my city who pre-ordered it haha.

Anyway, really excited for this though. Been always a GT fan and I could partially attribute my gearhead status thanks to this game.

I need to fix online on my phat PS3 though. Still got the NAT Type 3 issue on wi-fi and the closest router is too far for me to run a cable. I'd love to get in on the online action this time compared to my strictly SP experience in GT5.

is this game worth getting and plugging my PS3 back into my system? when i bought a PS4 i didn't think i'd be going back.
i bought GT5 when i came out and played it a lot, but is GT6 that different?

dalin80

Banned
Seriously.
Standing starts are back tho, right? I'm sorry if it's already answered in the OP, I'm on my phone and it slows down to a crawl if I click on page1

Doesn't look like it, another campaign of hunting wabbits. For a man with quite a lot of racing experience it's surprising that kaz hasn't noticed that GT's are awful.

npa189

Still kinda pissed this isn't a PS4 game but I understand. I really do love my fat 40gb'er I'm buying this for one last spin on the beast. Any top gear content in this? Does anyone really believe GT7 could be out next year? I mean it's PD, eons go by in between their games.

scandisk_

Unconfirmed Member
Still kinda pissed this isn't a PS4 game but I understand. I really do love my fat 40gb'er I'm buying this for one last spin on the beast. Any top gear content in this? Does anyone really believe GT7 could be out next year? I mean it's PD, eons go by in between their games.

Nope they dropped top gear.

Doesn't look like it, another campaign of hunting wabbits. For a man with quite a lot of racing experience it's surprising that kaz hasn't noticed that GT's are awful.

I'm fairly certain it's a performance issue. They were patched out of GT5 because people were complaining about the massive amounts of tearing and frame drops in single player. When online the game doesn't have to factor in AI, which means standing starts are possible without a huge hit on the performance.

Dead Man

I'm fairly certain it's a performance issue. They were patched out of GT5 because people were complaining about the massive amounts of tearing and frame drops in single player. When online the game doesn't have to factor in AI, which means standing starts are possible without a huge hit on the performance.

That's not a performance issue, that is a design philosophy issue. Graphics at the expense of gameplay is a bad decision.

Mush

Two things:

1. Gonegonegone.

2. I'm considering hosting a Super GT League as I did for GT5, but first I'd like to gauge interest before I commit to anything. So yeah, let me know and stuff I guess.

OmegaDL50

GT5 was the only game in the series that got a substantial delay.

I don't know why people that bringing up because one game got a massive delay with implication the rest of their games got massive delays as well.

Gran Turismo 2 (1999) came out two years after the first Gran Turismo (1997), and Gran Turismo 3 (2001) came out only 2 years after GT2 on entirely new console hardware no less.

Gran Turismo 4 would have came out immediately after GT3, however PD worked on several side projects which was Gran Turismo Concept 2001 : Tokyo, Gran Turismo Concept 2002 : Tokyo-Seoul, Gran Turismo Concept 2002: Tokyo-Geneva, Gran Turismo 4 Prologue (2003), AND then Gran Turismo 4 came out in 2004.

After GT4, They also developed Tourist Trophy which obviously took away work from prepping GT5 for the PS3, at PS3 launch in 2006 Gran Turismo HD concept came out which turned out to be a failure, one year later in 2007 was GT5 Prologue, and of course GT5 three years later in 2010.

Which brings up an interesting issue because the PS3 was considered by the admission of many developers one of the most difficult console hardware platforms to work on due to it's overly complicated Cell PPC based architecture.

I think the main problem is that PD works on far too many side projects. I mean Tourist Trophy was nice since it was the Motorcycle equivalent to Gran Turismo, but was it necessary or even worth it for several Concept releases of Gran Turismo to come out, not to mention Concept HD, and eventually GT5 Prologue when they could have instead focused their time in making a single penultimate version of GT5? No, I personally don't think so.

I mean can we consider the Nissan GT Academy thing another test demo as well? I mean despite all of the side projects and distractions, I think PD is fairly spot on in regards to their release schedule, with the exception of GT5.

Two things:

1. I mistakenly ordered 2 copies of the Anniversary Edition and I've ended up with a set of Torque and Precision Pack codes. If you want one, hit me up via PM.

Sent you a PM.

That's not a performance issue, that is a design philosophy issue. Graphics at the expense of gameplay is a bad decision.

Oh, I agree. If I was in charge I would have made some Forza-like cutbacks (720p max, 30fps back mirrors, not rendering the interiors of AI cars, etc).

Melfice7

Does anyone really believe GT7 could be out next year? I mean it's PD, eons go by in between their games.

Not next year but..

GT - 1998
GT 2 - 1999
GT3 - 2001
GT Concept Tokyo-Geneva - 2002
GT4: Prologue - 2004
GT4 - 2005
Tourist Trophy - 2006
GTHD - 2006
GT5: Prologue - 2007
GT PSP - 2009
GT5 - 2010
GT6 - 2013

With a relatively small team.. come on now

edit: beaten by Omega, thats what i get for not refreshing

Not next year but..

GT - 1998
GT 2 - 1999
GT3 - 2001

GT4 - 2005
Tourist Trophy - 2006
GTHD - 2006
GT PSP - 2009
GT5 - 2010
GT6 - 2013

2015 is the best scenario.

Not next year but..

GT - 1998
GT 2 - 1999
GT3 - 2001
GT4 - 2005
Tourist Trophy - 2006
GTHD - 2006
GT PSP - 2009
GT5 - 2010
GT6 - 2013

edit: beaten by Omega, thats what i get for not refreshing

Remember what Cerny said, easy to develop for is the PS4. Also, GT 6 is going to be a success at the very least of 2 million in a week with 80 million PS3 around the world.

So we can expect Kaz to hire some people for the PS4 transition.

amar212

Kaz/PD/GT is in dire need of some western influence.

Yeah, western influence is doing great things on west. Sometimes I wonder are you (not you personaly Malyce, but majority of people that voice such opinion) delusional or deliberately ignorant. Can I have an example of some recent "western influenced ideal racer" from the console space?

I know only one and that one is not what many of you think it is and it is not even close to GT-series offerings in any aspects beyond some (only some) parts of the career execution.

Mush

I see GT6 as a giant cocktease and nothing more. It's gonna keep me entertained, sure. But when that first next-gen GT trailer drops, oh boy...

I'm probably more excited by the thought of the next GT rather than the one launching in 3 days time.

It's wishlist time, folks.

-24 car grids.
-No more premium/standard segregation. Everything is modeled to the same standard.
-All legacy tracks (Trial Mountain, Deep Forest etc etc) built from scratch.
-Time/Weather options for all, if not majority of tracks.

Holiday 2015/Early 2016 sounds perfectly reasonable for the release of GT7 or whatever they decide to name it.

Mush

Also, I don't know if this has been pointed out, but along with Lamborghini, 9 more manufacturers are now participating in the Vision GT programme:

-Daihatsu
-Ford
-Hyundai
-Lexus
-Mazda
-Mitsubishi
-Subaru
-Tesla
-Toyota

Here is the original list in the OP:
gaf-gt6-ot-02e-vgtmanufacturers.png

Now that Lamborghini have stepped up to the plate, it will be interesting to see if Ferrari takes notice (I doubt it). Pagani?
yo why those tire marks look like 5s
It makes out a 15.

OmegaDL50

Also, I don't know if this has been pointed out, but along with Lamborghini, 9 more manufacturers are now participating in the Vision GT programme:

-Daihatsu
-Ford
-Hyundai
-Lexus
-Mazda
-Mitsubishi
-Subaru
-Tesla
-Toyota

Here is the original list in the OP:
gaf-gt6-ot-02e-vgtmanufacturers.png

Now that Lamborghini have stepped up to the plate, it will be interesting to see if Ferrari takes notice (I doubt it). Pagani?

It makes out a 15.

Lamborghini Vision GT Concept!? WAHEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Consider cars like the Sesto Elemento and the Veneno, I can hardly imagine what kind of radical over-the-top design they have planned for the project.
I mean look at this thing - http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/new-lamborghini-egoista-pictures-2013-5-13

Excitement levels too much, 3 days left, the hype train cannot be stopped. It cannot be stopped I tell you!

jabuseika

-Daihatsu
-Ford
-Hyundai
-Lexus
-Mazda
-Mitsubishi
-Subaru
-Tesla
-Toyota

Mazda and Tesla excite me more than Lamorghini from that list.

The next Mazda Furai please!, and Tesla... just go crazy!.

Top Bottom