• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Melfice7

i got ALL GT5 cars without exploits but that's when the seasonals had proper rewards, seeing as the first GT6 seasonal is a joke money wise, that exploit is very tempting, too bad i don't have the game yet D:

Car recommendations for the Japanese 90's challenge?
I know it's early and a fairly easy race series. But money is tight.

Win the car. Do the missions, get gold, and you will be awarded a lancer. The races will be easy to beat then.

Basically by completing races and getting golds you are granted enough to complete the races without purchasing anything for a very long time. The only exception to that is the "one make" (prius and the 86) races. You have to purchase those.

I am not sure on the national A races. I am just starting those.

raphanum

Any experienced GT gamers here that can help me increase the top speed of my trueno AE86? I've basically purchased all power mods for it, including nitro and the 6-speed transmission, but when it hits around 220km p/h, the car begins making a decrease/increase revving noise. Is there any way to overcome this or is that just it's top speed?

i got ALL GT5 cars without exploits but that's when the seasonals had proper rewards, seeing as the first GT6 seasonal is a joke money wise, that exploit is very tempting, too bad i don't have the game yet D:

I figure that the Seasonal values will ramp up in the weeks/months to come. I can sorta understand them not wanting to immediately give people the ability to earn over a million credits right out the gate for completing a series of seasonals.

Also, after completing hte Night Masters series i'm not sure why people are struggling so much with night racing. With high beams on it's pretty damn easy to see a good chunk of the road in front of you. Some of the reactions made me worried that it was going to be like that nightmarish Toscana Lambo Special Event in GT5.

prarts

Ok, I`ve spent some hours with the game and it`s fucking GREAT - much improved form GT5.
New physics and the way it works with FFB: amazing feel. There are so many nuances with this new model (brake hard, front tires losses grip and wheel becomes so light to operate -> than after regaining grip again it becomes "heavy" again - it feels much better than in GT5; drove over some curbs on Nurb with lowered BMW, underside of the car caught the curb and car spun etc) that every race gives me a big smile. It really is much improved. It just sucks you in and make you race and race and race.
For technical things: less teared frames for me, fluid frame rates, godly lightning, new sounds (i.e. when you left the track), new cars, new tracks (fuck, Willow springs looks nex-genish!) lightning fast menus (digital version here) etc. There are some problems (like missing engine audio note on race start from time to time), but I`m sure that it will be worked out.

This game is everything what I wanted from PD and much more - I`m glad that Gran Turismo is still Gran Turismo. It suits me.

PS: let me know when NRL starts, my body is ready (who is making OT for it?).

Dead Man

Any experienced GT gamers here that can help me increase the top speed of my trueno AE86? I've basically purchased all power mods for it, including nitro and the 6-speed transmission, but when it hits around 220km p/h, the car begins making a decrease/increase revving noise. Is there any way to overcome this or is that just it's top speed?

You will probably need an adjustable transmission and then adjust it to extend the maximum speed of the car. Sounds like you are hitting the rev limit rather than a power limit. Don't have the game so I can't tell you the screens/process, sorry.

anddo0

Thanks for the advice guys. Lot's of choices. I think I'll go with the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR ’99.

Win the car. Do the missions, get gold, and you will be awarded a lancer. The races will be easy to beat then.

Basically by completing races and getting golds you are granted enough to complete the races without purchasing anything for a very long time. The only exception to that is the "one make" (prius and the 86) races. You have to purchase those.

I am not sure on the national A races. I am just starting those.

I've beaten every challenge with the exception of the National B - mission race, featuring the GTR. I'm assuming that's the race that awards you the Lancer.

Thanks for the advice guys. Lot's of choices. I think I'll go with the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR ’99.

I've beaten every challenge with the exception of the National B - mission race, featuring the GTR. I'm assuming that's the race that awards you the Lancer.

If you're using the driving line, try messing aroun with it and not follow quite so closely to it. You can make a lot of time on using a wider line and in some instances brake significantly later than advised.

Also due to rubber banding/tuned competitor, use him to give you a boost on the straights if he catches up!

BoomBap

Neo Member
I broke down and did the exploit. I do miss the grind, but I have always had the most fun with GT games buying all the cars and tuning them to my hearts content. Feels so good to be bad!

I broke down and did the exploit. I do miss the grind, but I have always had the most fun with GT games buying all the cars and tuning them to my hearts content. Feels so good to be bad!

Being bad has never felt so boring! There are so many cars, takes forever to buy them given the quantity.

televator

I'm going into this with zero hype this time. Gonna give it a rent first. Hope it surprises me -- paint chips and crappy audio aside.

Ghost car line mode might be the best new feature since GT5! And the game automatically downloading ghosts from my friend list.

Also the option to show car name instead of driver name in SP races! Even tiny improvement make this version so much better.

Dead Man

Ghost car line mode might be the best new feature since GT5! And the game automatically downloading ghosts from my friend list.

Also the option to show car name instead of driver name in SP races! Even tiny improvement make this version so much better.

Best news I have heard about the game. Not really kidding either.

Anyone who thinks racing sims are dull should try driving the Cizeta on Matterhorn with no assists.

Jesus Christ, I need to lay down after that.

prarts

Did you notice, that you can always revert you car to stock condition (even after i.e. applying weight reduction) using car setting menu?
No double cars (one for 100% stock and one for tuned version) anymore!

Dead Man

Did you notice, that you can always revert you car to stock condition (even after i.e. applying weight reduction) using car setting menu?

More excellent news. This is the shit that should be in reviews.

The funny part, is in GT5 to compensate for this I picked a paint color I like, buy a ton of a cheap car with it, or dupe it, and then I would have two versions of my cars. One in whatever color, and then with my set color and that one would be my stock version so I easily knew in the menus just by color which cars were stock. This would be way easier now with the GT6 paint system but I much rather just use the settings tabs, hahaha. C will always be my stock tab.

coldfoot

Banned
Does this game have something like an SP event generator? You choose the track, allowed cars, PP level, mods, number of laps, etc and then it calculates the amount of credits to award for winning it, given the difficulty of the race. Then you're able to share your event online for others to try instead of waiting for seasonal events created by PD. I think something like that would drastically improve playability and reduce the tedium of the grind for GT.

prarts

The funny part, is in GT5 to compensate for this I picked a paint color I like, buy a ton of a cheap car with it, or dupe it, and then I would have two versions of my cars. One in whatever color, and then with my set color and that one would be my stock version so I easily knew in the menus just by color which cars were stock. This would be way easier now with the GT6 paint system but I much rather just use the settings tabs, hahaha. C will always be my stock tab.
LOL I did exactly the same with GT5: white cars are my tuned ones, any other color and it`s a stock one (in default colour). GT6 approach not only is more convenient and logical but also it gives 50% reduction of in game money to spend.
Those little things...

amar212

Does this game have something like an SP event generator? You choose the track, allowed cars, PP level, mods, number of laps, etc and then it calculates the amount of credits to award for winning it, given the difficulty of the race. Then you're able to share your event online for others to try instead of waiting for seasonal events created by PD. I think something like that would drastically improve playability and reduce the tedium of the grind for GT.

You mean something simple yet perfect like the GT PSP career? The one people hated so much that Kazunori probably thinks he should not include something like that in any future game ever because the universe would collapse if PD even tried to make something like that again?

If so, then no, there is not anything like that. Unfortunately.

Jin_7

So, I reckon the awards for the first seasonals are random (?) paint chips.
I got GT Polarized 001 (chrome-reddish), Matte Light Green and GT Chrome 006 (greenish).
Ranked 54th on the second seasonal, 2nd fastest one not using the Quattro at the moment.

Dead Man

You mean something simple yet perfect like the GT PSP career? The one people hated so much that Kazunori probably thinks he should not include something like that in any future game ever because the universe would collapse if PD even tried to make something like that again?

That makes me so sad and angry.

kerrak

It was a blast to unlock higher difficulty levels for each course, and doing it by driving the cars you wanted, not restricted to specific events.
Something like an "Advanced Arcade" mode on gt6 would be my most used one for sure.

Three60

BMW M4 DLC coming on Thursday..

Sony plans to introduce on Thursday a downloadable content (DLC) for Gran Turismo 6 which will include the production version of the BMW M4 Coupe. Coinciding with the DLC launch, BMW will allegedly show the highly anticipated M4 Coupe along with its four-door sibling, the M3 Sedan.

http://www.worldcarfans.com/113120967259/2014-bmw-m3-and-m4-to-be-unveiled-on-thursday---report

VLK71JY.jpg

Razgreez

So I decided to experiment
use the exploit
and, more importantly, test the sound differences to see if what I had heard before was true or not now that I actually have the game. Now i'm not sure if this is a glitch or part of the update but my 86 GT (GT 86 as it's called here just rings so much better) with racing exhaust sounded like a cheap version of the GT by Citroen after having deleted the update. Reapplied the update (which is a hassle) and the sound was back to being simply mediocre as opposed to ridiculously bad. Take from this what you will

This thing looks like a monstrosity compared to the perfection that is

Yes I know, proper M series vs M sport package but it just shows less can be so much more/better

coldfoot

Banned

I remember playing (briefly) GT PSP, I don't remember there being a career mode at all or being able to create your own races and rules either. So no, it's nothing like that.
What I said would make it possible for ANYONE to create online events, not just PD.

Impressions update:

Pros:
-Still enjoying the improved physics but it still has some flaws that other GT games have had
-Friends racing line in Seasonal TT and Licenses tests! This is the little kind of thing GT needs way more of. Bring in some life and some competition in every little spot possible because you aren't gonna get shit for competition against the AI
-Mission Races, Coffee Breaks. Anything that isn't AI racing is so much more fun. I could do these all day.
-The Eco Challenge Coffee break. This is exactly what I have been talking about in all the GT improvements posts. Do something with the cars that teaches you about the cars a little more, and all of the different aspects of racing and driving. Give me a challenge with completely worn tires. Give me a challenge where the suspension is setup wrong. Give me a challenge where it highlights how tuning can drastically change the car feel. The very first few seasonals in GT5 were actually indirectly tuning challenges that taught you the valuse of non PP affecting upgrades. You had to have the upgraded gearbox to pass that Fiat one or what ever it was. Play to these strengths damn it!
-Goodwood and Moon. I wish there were about 50 more Goodwood challenges. I don't even know how I golded them all because I was a few whiskeys deep that night and when I turned it on in the morning I was like, "I finished those?" So yeah, X1 drunk up Goodwood for the win. The moon is classic GT fun/silliness. Just shows how much they dropped the ball with the Top Gear license last time. That show is loaded with sillyness and the best PD could muster was a VW bus around the TG track.

Cons:
-The absolutely biggest con is the complete lack of transmissions/drivetrain in the physics modeling. Maybe it is because the tires and suspension are better it highlights the other flaws more, but it just feels terrible. Cars are so numb in braking and corner entry. Aggressive downshifting does nothing, it is as if the transmission is a one way street. If I am boming around in a Miata, a good chunk of my braking is going to come from the proper down shifts to slow the rear. I can't for the life of me get cars to feel lively in corner entry with TBO or TTO. I can get TTO but you have to do it so exageratly or I have to really flick the car in there. I feel like the physics don't even "turn on" until you put the power down or post apex. So much of driving these lower cars is finessing the coasting of moments between brake and gas and there is just nothing without the transmissions being modeled correctly. All of the coasting feels the same, whether it is a Honda Fit or a nutso Mercedes Vision concept car. I don't think they have to model each transmission exactly how it is for each car, but break it down into some general categories. This is a 4-speed feel, this is a modern 6-speed, paddle shift, race grade transmission, etc. This is almost becoming worse than the sounds for me. It takes away so much of the feel. :(
-Tearing is still annoying in cockpit view, but I am keeping it at 1080p cause I don't like how it looks in 720p at all. I typically look past it when focusing on the road.
-The AI is bollocks and 100% broken as always. Really? The cars are applying the brakes on and off and on and off through the apex into corner exit? This would be like playing an FPS game where the AI 's bullets shot out backward through the butt of the rifle. It is such a basic concept of racing it blows my fucking mind and makes the AI a sideshow every time the approach a corner. Then, on straights, it gives them little extra acceleration to make up for the laughable corner effort. There are also some weird physics going on with the AI cars. I have seen cars endo while braking and it seems it shifts way too much weight forward when some cars brake hard. I have to think the AI doesn't "drive" the cars so much as a system is just moving around the cars at a pre determined rate, so it can always brake harder or accelerate more to keep it right in that window of speed. Hilarious to watch, but pathetic in such a distinguished franchsie.
-The light bloom. Ok we get it, transitions into light makes things brighter for a bit. However, I can squint my eyes in real life, in your game, when you make 95% of my screen pure white, squinting doesn't reveal any more detail. For the masters of lighting, the over done bloom is a huge turn off. I had to switch to the hood cam at Willow Springs it was so bad in one of the challenges.
-Changing the same settings in every fucking challenge/event. Give my driver a profile, and let that carry everywhere. Also, give me the same little HUD icons for TCS,ASM, etc right at the pre-grid menu so I can tell if this is a car I disabled all assists on without going into all the menus. I swear I am in menus more than on the track for some of these challenges.

That exploit would completely ruin the whole point of the game for me, which is the sense of progression, which they've absolutely nailed here. I can see if you're a gearhead though and you just wanna get in some vehicles, but otherwise seems like the wrong move.

JamboGT

Yeah am having no issue with the progression so far, don't want to use that or the micro transactions at all personally.

I didn't know this! Just bought a second Volvo 240...

ciridesu

that fucking red bull goodwood challenge...

Get drunk, feel the wind, be the curves.

Edit: Wheel or controller? I can't imagine driving that thing with a controller. It is a load of fun with a wheel.

Haha yeah that probably explains it; never bought a proper wheel for this gen and still rocking the controller lol

I would like to see the "Recommend Cars" idea taken a step further. You should be able to get into any car and hit, "Find Event" and it instantly gives you a list of all the events your car is eligible to enter.

Dead Man

I would like to see the "Recommend Cars" idea taken a step further. You should be able to get into any car and hit, "Find Event" and it instantly gives you a list of all the events your car is eligible to enter.

If they won't have a create an event system, that is definitely a great idea.

Polyphony should build from gt4 and add all good things from gt5/6 to it. Some things seems so simple to implement yet no game has those features... Is ai bad at higher level events/races? I always liked agressive ai:s in gt to race with, with same level cars.

creyas

Anyone who thinks racing sims are dull should try driving the Cizeta on Matterhorn with no assists.

Jesus Christ, I need to lay down after that.

First time i decided to try the Cizeta, only ABS on 1, the race happened to be on Matterhorn. Haven't given it a chance after that.

I was sitting in a Yellow Bird when the first Nordschleife event came up. Oh yeah. That was actually fun though.

Get drunk, feel the wind, be the curves.

Edit: Wheel or controller? I can't imagine driving that thing with a controller. It is a load of fun with a wheel.

I did it with controller, took me about 35 trys, and only came to the finish line twice :p once a sec to slow, second time a gold time :)
Its really tough but i set steering sensitivity on 3 or 4 and then i got it after couple tries.

The AI in this game is still painfully bad. Getting spun out on the last turns of a race by a dumbly aggressive artificial opponent is still very much a game breaking flaw in my opinion. Especially considering the AI drives on rails and does not respond similarly when you tap their rear quarter panel.

And the sound... ugh. GT6 seems far to "familiar" in my opinion.

Having some positive experiences with a GT game again has me back in brain storming / wish list mode.

When you are selecting a car from the garage, there needs to be a menu short cut for, "test trial" or "benchmark" whatever you want to call it. What this would do is run a quick succession of "events". You hit the benchmark option, you do a 0-60 test, no exiting event bullshit, just a quick menu option "Repeat? Tune car? or Next Test" Next test, no fucking around right to 1/4 mile test. Good? OK nest is your top speed test. All of these are saving on your top times chart like GT5. Lastly you are at a track of your choice as your "testing ground" This by default should be a GT original testing ground track, that is about the length of the Top Gear track. But, you can set your favorite track as the your testing ground too. Right into it, standing start hot lap.

This way you can easily have a nice personal log of your cars test times and have a your own leader board of your garage at the track of your choosing. Right below that Benchmark link should be a "Proving Grounds" link that goes right to that test track of your choice if you just want to hot lap without the 0-60 tests etc. It is far too cumbersome to try to replicate this idea by taking each car through the 500 menu clicks to achieve this. That and the fucking personal Special X test are gone :(

is there a list of stuff that's supposed to be coming in future updates? and has pd given any indications of what their dlc plans will be?

bro are you dbswisha on psn or did you change your name, i thought i saw you mention something about that earlier in the thread

Top Bottom