• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Career. Novice league, tell me it disappears after please.
Short of flipping the car the GT series has never been one to plant you back on the track. It's doesn't seem different now, though there seems to be a default length of time it will put you back on if you've been waaaaaaay way off-track in certain "no entry" zones. Only happened to me once, at Willow Springs, where you can roam the dirt basically anywhere. I've suffered other huge offs at completely off at Ascari, Bathurst and all the other tracks with no goddamn marker boards and a cruel lack of kerbing and wobbled back to the track in shame after 10-15 seconds so it seems to be in no hurry to grant you mercy.

Haven't had any resets from wall hits or spin-outs. Nothing to fear! I'd be furious if the series suddenly offered leniency for mistakes. It's the whole point of the challenge behind playing with SRF off. Love that you cannot restart races in the multi-race Championships so that there are actual consequences.

raphanum

Because Kaz has no eardrums.

Honestly, I'd really like to know (if possible) why the engine fx are so shitty. Was driving the Nissan GT-R that came with the anniversary edition of the game and it literally sounds like somebody is turning the pitch dial up on a synthesiser.

Dead Man

Honestly, I'd really like to know (if possible) why the engine fx are so shitty. Was driving the Nissan GT-R that came with the anniversary edition of the game and it literally sounds like somebody is turning the pitch dial up on a synthesiser.

If you find out, tell everyone, because nobody has provided a convincing reason that I have read.

anddo0

Car recommendations for the Japanese 90's challenge?
I know it's early and a fairly easy race series. But money is tight.

Even though there was probably some rubber-banding going on, that Nissan GT-R Showdown challenge is one of the most intense bits of racing I've experienced.

So wrong.

-Left stick for steering.

-L2 and R2 for brake and throttle.

-Right stick for shifting up and down.

It's the only way.
So strange.

- Left stick for steering
- L2 and R2 for brakes and acceleration
- O for Shift Up
- [] for Shift Down
- X for Hand brake
- Triangle for look behind
- Right stick to look around

OmegaDL50

Oh boy, I have discovered a massive exploit. I mean something so huge that makes the Microtransaction Credit Packs on the PSN Store entirely meaningless.

I don't even know if I should share this information.

If a Moderator / Admin thinks this information is too risky. Please delete it / remove this post if you feel it's not worth getting leaked.

I put the information wrapped in spoiler tags. So you view this information at your own discretion. You have been warned.
If you delete the game data for version 1.01 off your HDD you can sell the Vision GT Mercedes Benz car for 330 Million Credits.

However the game has a credit cap of 20 Million. You can however sell your Vision GT Car, Get 20 Million Credits, reinstall the update, Buy 20 Vision GT Mercedes cars for 1 Million each, delete the update data. Sell each car and get back 20 Million, buy whatever you want, run out of money, sell another car, get back 20 Million, etc.

This means you have effectively 200 Million Credits to buy anything pre 1.01 update this includes the 20 Million Credit cars in the dealer. This can potentially destroy the future economy this game may have.

paskowitz

So wrong.

It's the only way.

So strange.

- O for Shift Up
- [] for Shift Down
- X for Hand brake

Nope.

- X for Shift Up
- [] for Shift Down
- Down on right stick for Hand brake (like pulling an actual handbrake... shame GT's handbrake is on/off)
- L1 for look behind
- R1 for lights
- Right stick left and right to look around
- O for horn
- /\ for reverse

Money glitch. Buyer beware.

youtube.com/watch?v=fLaeE97AaxQ

Oh boy, I have discovered a massive exploit. I mean something so huge that makes the Microtransaction Credit Packs on the PSN Store entirely meaningless.

If a Moderator / Admin thinks this information is too risky. Please delete it / remove this post if you feel it's not worth getting leaked.

I put the information wrapped in spoiler tags. So you view this information at your own discretion. You have been warned.
If you delete the game data for version 1.01 off your HDD you can sell the Vision GT Mercedes Benz car for 330 Million Credits.

However the game has a credit cap of 20 Million. You can however sell your Vision GT Car, Get 20 Million Credits, reinstall the update, Buy 20 Vision GT Mercedes cars for 1 Million each, delete the update data. Sell each car and get back 20 Million, buy whatever you want, run out of money, sell another car, get back 20 Million, etc.

This means you have effectively 200 Million Credits to buy anything pre 1.01 update this includes the 20 Million Credit cars in the dealer. This can potentially destroy the future economy this game may have.

Too slow

Dead Man

I thought the credit cap was gone. Fuck :(

Edit: Also, I think somebody already posted a video link of that one so you should be fine.

raphanum

So wrong.

It's the only way.

So strange.

- O for Shift Up
- [] for Shift Down
- X for Hand brake

Nope.

- X for Shift Up
- [] for Shift Down
- Down on right stick for Hand brake (like pulling an actual handbrake... shame GT's handbrake is on/off)
- L1 for look behind
- R1 for lights
- Right stick left and right to look around
- O for horn
- /\ for reverse

Wow, awesome! I know it wasn't your intention, but thanks for sharing your button layouts. Going to try them out. Especially the bolded.

Shaneus

I thought the credit cap was gone. Fuck :(

Edit: Also, I think somebody already posted a video link of that one so you should be fine.
Oh god I hope they don't patch that before I get home tonight. IMO doesn't really destroy the game *that* much, just the grind to get there I guess. With things like PP limits and whatever, there's still only so much you can do.

I'm just going to use it to stop being so damn indecisive and buy what I want. Took me 20 minutes to decide on my first car outside of the initial one :/

Dead Man

Oh god I hope they don't patch that before I get home tonight. IMO doesn't really destroy the game *that* much, just the grind to get there I guess. With things like PP limits and whatever, there's still only so much you can do.

I'm just going to use it to stop being so damn indecisive and buy what I want. Took me 20 minutes to decide on my first car outside of the initial one :/

Yeah, if the game economy is already busted I don't care what players do to it. Hell, I don't care even if it isn't busted since there is no public marketplace for selling cars to other people.

FrankWza

plus you cant tune cars. it costs a lot for those upgrades and tuning is fun.

Wow, awesome! I know it wasn't your intention, but thanks for sharing your button layouts. Going to try them out. Especially the bolded.
Yeah, right stick down for hand brake sounds pretty cool, gotta admit :)

So...good game? I have been enjoying Assetto Corsa lately.
You have to let it cast its spell on you. Its like a new leather jacket. At first its stiff and rankles, but give it some time and it starts to adapt to your grooves like a second skin.

Although in this case I guess *we're* the leather jacket.

Anyone hit a glitch on Matterhorn?

I went 3 laps, passed the finish on the third lap... was like "ok.. 1 more lap?"

Turns out that after I passed the finish, it said I was 10/10. I saved the replay. It was 4 laps in a 3 lap race. Some others have the same issue.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/707208-gran-turismo-6/68045228

No one else?

20m cap is still there?... seriously? That's hilariously bad considering there are many cars that are 20m. Give me a fucking break. Also, people shouldn't need to do these exploits.

onken

My finger gets way too tired holding R2 all the time so I use right stick for accelerate, L2 for brake and R1/R2 for shift up/down.

Anyone else feels like rain is overly slippery?

I'm driving a ~250hp Toyota 86 right now, and I can EASILY spin my wheels in second gear.

IRL, I drive a 350hp Genesis, and I can barely get any wheelspin in second gear during the rain.

Is this rain like, oil or something?

OmegaDL50

20m cap is still there?... seriously? That's hilariously bad considering there are many cars that are 20m. Give me a fucking break. Also, people shouldn't need to do these exploits.

Oddly the 20m cap is only version 1.00 of the game, version 1.01 did away with this at least according to those who did this exploit over at GameFAQs. So take this with a grain of salt.

There is only seven 20m cars in the game so having 200 Million to blow will give you more then enough to buy one of each and whatever else you want.

This will naturally ruin career progression, but for car collector types who want one of everything, I see this as a shortcut.

Radec

God I hope that exploit still works later.

I got no time to grind to get all those cars so I can take a photo of it. lol

Dead Man

Oddly the 20m cap is only version 1.00 of the game, version 1.01 did away with this at least according to those who did this exploit over at GameFAQs. So take this with a grain of salt.

There is only seven 20m cars in the game so having 200 Million to blow will give you more then enough to buy one of each and whatever else you want.

This will naturally ruin career progression, but for car collector types who want one of everything, I see this as a shortcut.

Hope that is accurate. Hate the credit cap in 5.

TTG

So, the first Red Bull challenge unlocks really early this time, huh(
Goodwood
)? Took me over an hour and of course the first time I finish it I'm 3 seconds under the gold time.

Tip for inexperienced Red Bull x2010 DS3 racers: Turn your sensitivity up to 6 or so and leave the trans in auto. You just cannot keep up with the steering input if your sensitivity is down, the turn in is too sharp to telegraph ahead and corrections go out the window. I say 6 and not 7 because the course has at least one sweeper, turn 3 I think? You know how those go, need to be a wee bit delicate there and with razor sharp response it's difficult. Same for the trans, not as important, but it's just one thing less to worry about. Skid recovery force takes care of anything else, no reason to leave traction control on.

benzy

Anyone else feels like rain is overly slippery?

I'm driving a ~250hp Toyota 86 right now, and I can EASILY spin my wheels in second gear.

IRL, I drive a 350hp Genesis, and I can barely get any wheelspin in second gear during the rain.

Is this rain like, oil or something?

Could be the car or the tires. In the rain in my real s2000 (240hp) I can spin out easily in first or second gear if I don't watch the throttle. I tend to drive really slowly since I've been in a wreck in this car in rainy weather before.

OmegaDL50

God I hope that exploit still works later.

I got no time to grind to get all those cars so I can take a photo of it. lol

PD is more then likely to discover this soon considering the youtube video evidence.

They will most likely patch the game to make it so saves are tied to the current game update making it so deleting the patch data won't work with your save.

Some other PS3 games tie the game save to the current update. I wouldn't put it passed PD to do this as soon as they can upload the next patch.

Dead Man

PD is more then likely to discover this soon considering the youtube video evidence.

They will most likely patch the game to make it so saves are tied to the current game update making it so deleting the patch data won't work with your save.

Some other PS3 games tie the game save to the current update. I wouldn't put it passed PD to do this as soon as they can upload the next patch.

That would be spiteful.

friday

You have to let it cast its spell on you. Its like a new leather jacket. At first its stiff and rankles, but give it some time and it starts to adapt to your grooves like a second skin.

Although in this case I guess *we're* the leather jacket.

I have liked all the past GT games. They always seem to hit the sim to arcade ratio quite right.

paskowitz

I have liked all the past GT games. They always seem to hit the sim to arcade ratio quite right.

GT6 is definitely a step up in physics, just don't hit anything. Some cars feel strikingly real, other just ok. BRZ/GT86/FRS is simply 1:1 to the real life car. Cars like the Focus ST need some work (lift off oversteer, etc).

Missing one thing:

Also remember to not "Get In" a car that is the concept car, or an anniversary car. If you have one in use the game will crash every time, you will not be able to switch cars. Then you have to re-download the patch and follow the above steps again

kn1ves24

Car recommendations for the Japanese 90's challenge?
I know it's early and a fairly easy race series. But money is tight.

I bought a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR ’99 (I think anyways, can't remember the exact one off the top of my head). It was a special edition Lancer (GT standard car though) that was around 27k. Only color available for it is white. Minimal tuning (tires, clutch, etc.) Easily beat the 90's series and the 4WD series with it.

Radec

Missing one thing:

Also remember to not "Get In" a car that is the concept car, or an anniversary car. If you have one in use the game will crash every time, you will not be able to switch cars. Then you have to re-download the patch and follow the above steps again

Haha, im experiencing this now. I have an anniversary car equiped and after deleting the game data i cant access the garage now. lol

Jedi2016

What track is that?
Special Stage Route X. It's basically just a speed course. Several miles of straightaway joined by slow banking turns to maintain speed. The straights are 7-8 miles long, plenty for any car to get to top speed.

Nice to know the "Like the Wind" races are still in. Haven't unlocked them yet myself.

I think a good addition to GT would be granting bonus points for every % you are under the max PP.

Would give me incentive to win in a more challenging less brute force car.

Top Bottom