• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

nded

The feel of missing gold by .01 seconds and then spending the next half hour getting stressed out by your own ghost. Welcome back, Gran Turismo.

Does anyone know how to tone down the stupid sun glare when in photo mode during race replays...?

Unless GT photomode has polarizers, there's not much you can do except try not to have the sun in your photo. Maybe adjust your exposure?

TTG

The feel of missing gold by .01 seconds and then spending the next half hour getting stressed out by your own ghost. Welcome back, Gran Turismo.

But you can now turn the ghost on and off on the fly! A monumental progress, seriously.

Dead Man

At a press of a button without pausing to some menu? If so, I totally missed that the first time I ever reconfigured the controls in that game.

Pretty sure it was up on the dpad then as well. I know I lost some functions when I remapped the RA functions to the dpad, pretty sure it was the ghost controls.

Edit: Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, been a bit since I played it.

Oddly the 20m cap is only version 1.00 of the game, version 1.01 did away with this at least according to those who did this exploit over at GameFAQs. So take this with a grain of salt.

There is only seven 20m cars in the game so having 200 Million to blow will give you more then enough to buy one of each and whatever else you want.

This will naturally ruin career progression, but for car collector types who want one of everything, I see this as a shortcut.

I won't bother doing that (as tempting as it is) once I'm 100% done with the game (as in, all DLC is done, GT7 coming out, etc) I'll delete the updates and go with that exploit.

TTG

Too late now, no matter.

In other news, holy shit Rocket car! Makes Sports Hard play like Race Hard IN A PURPOSE BUILT RACE CAR. And a mild mannered one at that. There's something about it too where the KTM makes certain tracks feel too big for it, like it's set up for a parking lot, not a GP circuit, the Light Car Company Rocket... bliss. Not ideal because I like cars that bite back under throttle, but it's like relaxation therapy driving that thing around. Not boring, just rewarding easy driving.

Ranger X

Finally caved in and bought the game today. My first impression is good!

- Menus are much better.
- Loadings without full install are much better too.
- Graphics are excellent just like GT5.
- Money seems to be balanced exactly like GT5.

So far it sorta look what GT5 should have been. That's great. I hope my impressions won't change during the course of the game.

Thanks. Apparently older models are all non-premium. I'm a Mazda owner and fan. Pretty disappointed with the Mazda collection on GT6. It is extensive but very, very outdated. So many amazing road car models Mazda have been releasing in the last 5-6 years, all ignored by GT6... no zoom-zoom love from Poliphony...

Same here. I'm glad my car made it in this time (2/Demio), but seriously, no 2nd or 3rd gen Mazda3/Axela? One NC Miata and 15+ NAs? WTF.

IISANDERII

Oh boy, I have discovered a massive exploit. I mean something so huge that makes the Microtransaction Credit Packs on the PSN Store entirely meaningless.

I don't even know if I should share this information.

If a Moderator / Admin thinks this information is too risky. Please delete it / remove this post if you feel it's not worth getting leaked.

I put the information wrapped in spoiler tags. So you view this information at your own discretion. You have been warned.
If you delete the game data for version 1.01 off your HDD you can sell the Vision GT Mercedes Benz car for 330 Million Credits.

However the game has a credit cap of 20 Million. You can however sell your Vision GT Car, Get 20 Million Credits, reinstall the update, Buy 20 Vision GT Mercedes cars for 1 Million each, delete the update data. Sell each car and get back 20 Million, buy whatever you want, run out of money, sell another car, get back 20 Million, etc.

This means you have effectively 200 Million Credits to buy anything pre 1.01 update this includes the 20 Million Credit cars in the dealer. This can potentially destroy the future economy this game may have.
Heh, they're censoring this info on GTPlanet. May consider buying the game now.

Man that exploit is tempting. But I thoroughly enjoy hard fought races. Kinda defeats the game when you're so OP you're lapping other cars in races. Also my driving gets super messy when my car is OP

spwolf

Can they ban for using that trick? I normally wouldn't but I had so many cars in GT5 that I don't want to earn again :D

in general, Sony does not ban for things like that.

Although I gotta say, with GT6, i dont feel compelled to cheat... races and progress is interesting, and you get enough money to buy or upgrade cars by simply racing. You can also use cars you dont have in time trial mode anyway.

otapnam

So far, only started playing myself and have put in about 5hrs, everything has been a breeze. Except coffee break 1

Yeah freakin coffee breaks lol

Im really enjoying using prize cars n stuff. Im sure ill blow my load in credits on something sooner or later tho

OmegaDL50

Oh boy, purchasing cars takes a long time.

Yes, yes it does. I wish there was an option in the menu that lets you toggle "skip car purchase animation"

Considering I'm a collector, having to go through this animation 1206 times + Vision GT concepts and whatever else is added is going to be a pain in the ass.

I'd only bought 3 or 4 before so I hadn't really noticed. At least it doesn't kick you out to your garage like Forza 5 does. Fuck that's annoying.

Worth nothing is that buying cars pre-patch doesn't seem to grant you their colors as they're blank text-wise. Ie, yellow reads as ----------. Not as massive deal compared to what you're getting though.

Edit: Nevermind, just bought a few more that show their colors although it didn't say I got the paint chip. Not sure!

Razgreez

I'd only bought 3 or 4 before so I hadn't really noticed. At least it doesn't kick you out to your garage like Forza 5 does. Fuck that's annoying.

Worth nothing is that buying cars pre-patch doesn't seem to grant you their colors as they're blank text-wise. Ie, yellow reads as ----------. Not as massive deal compared to what you're getting though.

Edit: Nevermind, just bought a few more that show their colors although it didn't say I got the paint chip. Not sure!

Seems as though some colours have not been clearly defined i.e. they have no name just "--" and purchasing those does not give one any paint chips

Rflagg

Not going to lie that exploit is mighty tempting, what is the max you earn in a race? With gt5 not counting seasonals it was like 120k or something.

Beating the game is easy enough of course without it, but the collector in me wants to do this.

otapnam

The a.i. is horrible at high speed cornering. That's always been a weakpoint. If there's a track with lots of hairpins and chicanes, you're guaranteed to catch the a.i. If you're competent

TTG

Also, for all the inconsistency of the visuals, the way light is reflected off the paint, especially daylight, is fucking tremendous. I can stare into that metallic Ferrari Dino blue for hours, the reflection on the clear coat, the warmth and radiance of the blue.

OmegaDL50

You have to delete the game date which is also your install. Which is unfortunate but oh well.

Is there a site that lists the 20 million dollar/pre 60s cars?

Here you go - http://www.kudosprime.com/gt6/carlist.php?order=price&start=0

Cars are organized from the most expensive starting at the top.

Just to let you know these prices are based on version 1.01

Anyone doing the exploit would probably better holding off buying cars such as the Minolta or the Redbull X201? models because their price is significantly reduced in 1.01 compared to 1.00

Denur

I think the rubber band is just out of control.
Agreed, to an extend. The car in front will let you catch up, but once you pass him, he will push you to the finish line. I found that to be quite exciting in for example the 10-minute races. But in the in the end, I would prefer to have no rubber banding at all.

otapnam

Bought a bmw 507 for the classic car challenge in B. Had to finally upgrade a few parts after realizing the dino and 300sl were way stronger.

Here you go - http://www.kudosprime.com/gt6/carlist.php?order=price&start=0

Cars are organized from the most expensive starting at the top.

Just to let you know these prices are based on version 1.01

Anyone doing the exploit would probably better holding off buying cars such as the Minolta or the Redbull X201? models because their price is significantly reduced in 1.01 compared to 1.00

Thanks for the link and advice, the GT cars were going to be the first I bought so you saved me.

The Dome Zero better become a premium car in GT7. Suppose there's not a completed version to scan but it's a shame to not see that design in premium quality.

No one else?

I just had it happen to me twice during the Night Masters series. From what I can tell it's triggered by hitting the barrier during the sharp turn (the one at the bottom of a hill with a bunch of arrows on it) near the beginning of the course. I'm guessing it's because you may overshoot the checkpoint that's placed during the turn.

Top Bottom