• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

OmegaDL50

Daiki Kasho needs to stop making music for these games! The guy makes some of the most generic shit I've heard in my life and it doesnt help that one of the songs ALWAYS plays during the loading of a race track when I choose an event in the main menu.

I thought GT5 had a bad soundtrack but GT6's soundtrack is just all kinds of crap. Wish PD hurried up and sorted out the custom soundtracks, otherwise I may have to just bite the bullet and disable music entirely from the game for the time being.

You can disable specific tracks going to the Library menu and removing them from the playlist there for Races, Menus, etc.

dalin80

Banned
Right so it looks like fitting aftermarket alloys on to a car resets the tyre widths to the same as the front tyres all round. So if you have a powerful rear wheel drive car that should have wider tyres on the rear you will lose that extra width if you change alloys and have to suffer the resultant lack of grip.

SMH.

I thought GT5 had a bad soundtrack but GT6's soundtrack is just all kinds of crap. Wish PD hurried up and sorted out the custom soundtracks, otherwise I may have to just bite the bullet and disable music entirely from the game for the time being.
It's in there but admittedly more complicated than it should be. When in your Garage there's a menu for media-- pictures from travel mode, videos and whatnot, but Music is there, too. If you want to take all the installed tracks out, unselect everything that it has listed under the race music tab. Otherwise, skip ahead. It's under Options > Sound/Audio on the start button quick pop-up menu with an option to select your own music. You'll want to make a playlist file first with everything you want to use. Set it on shuffle in GT by going to Play Mode to the right of the track listing within the playlist if you'd like. Bam.

Fine. "Bam" might not be the right word since I now realize that that's actually insanely complicated. It's the first thing I figured out when I installed the game. Dear PD, please make it easier than this.

TTG

The Delta Wing is a huge disappointment. I was hoping there was at least one car new to GT that could hang in there with high end race cars(group C cars really) and that's a big fat no. Trail braking or letting off the throttle results in an immediate spin, that's not an exaggeration. There's no correcting it either because there's no gradual over or understeer, the front end just jacknifes into the corner. Complete broken mess.

Here's for plan B, let's try that new Pike's Peak car out in the GT world championship...

nasanu

Banned
Yup took the X-Bow around GP/F on SH and I was almost 2 seconds faster when I threw it around and steered with the throttle, full on drifting. Reminded me of a GT5 seasonal TT: Z06 RM @ Indy where everyone was setting the brake bias to 10 in rear just to get it as sideways as possible as it was the fastest way around the track.

Try this: Stock 370z @ Bathurst. Comfort Soft, No Aids, No ABS. Post your best time.

Ok I used car list -> free run, not sure if that is slower or faster than online. With the stock 370 i got: 2:30.567, though none of my best splits are in that lap, I could do 2:29 with a little more effort. Oh I should mention that I 100% kept to the track limits, hardly used any curb in the dipper where most people cut and gain lots of time.

Ghost saved.

EDIT: if someone can beat that time drifting I'd love to see it.

I am pretty sure from GT4 on they did capture everything going by what they have said in past interviews.

But in any case better recordings are not going to fix anything.

They definitely need to do new recordings. All they do is capture the car maintaining it's revs while it's parked. We saw it in the last "First Love" video. They then take that sample and stretch it out (not sure if that's the right way to put it).

They should invest in one of these.

nasanu

Banned
They definitely need to do new recordings. All they do is capture the car maintaining it's revs while it's parked. We saw it in the last "First Love" video. They then take that sample and stretch it out (not sure if that's the right way to put it).

They should invest in one of these.

They clearly do more than that. Just listen to most cars at idle, listen to a cobra at low revs.

Dead Man

I don't think they recorded every car. Back then, a lot of the cars were probably created by using a model kit as a reference instead of actually going out and scanning/taking pics ect.. So they wouldn't have had a chance to capture the audio.

That's what I thought.

TTG

This 4x4 SUV with Mclaren F1 seating and a billboard for a spoiler makes the AI driven Minolta seem like a stock BMW M3 or something. I'm gonna turn the power up to 1114 for the lulz.

Toxa

remember

The sequel to the successfull previous thread

AndHereWeGo.gif

Renault Clio RS 11

YXEcf.png

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT: practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
This saturday​

Allowed cars:
Renault Clio RS 11

Tuning allowed:
no
Tyre Selection
Sport Hard​
Track:

Tsukuba
Willow Springs
Brand Hatch​
Laps:
5 laps
Pit Stops:
Yes
Damage
Light​
Assists
TCS, ABS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (6 / 16):
  • 01 - MisterM
  • 02 - IISANDERII
  • 03 - Niks
  • 04 - Toxa
  • 05 - throwawayname
  • 06 - Ted
  • 07 -
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 -
  • R2 -
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 7.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 8.00 PM GMT
Race start 8.15 PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:
Always make sure at least one pair of wheels are inside the white lines! Using the run-off areas as "long-cuts" or short-cuts is not allowed and will be strictly enforced.
Missing a brake point and thus overshooting into run-off areas is ok, but when you rejoin the track you must wait until cars close behind you has passed.
Missing a brake point is a mistake and should lead to you having less speed out the corner, not more.​

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.
important.jpg

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=93886251#post93886251

OmegaDL50

That's what I thought.

I believe this is also the case.

Because there is a LOT of carry over from GT5, upgraded standards or not.

If you go back to GT5 v1.0 one of the cars had labels on the bottom which were supposed to be removed based on the model it was scanned from

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt5-uses-autoart-1-18-models-to-render-standard-cars.137081/

In a subsequent update the model label was removed. This kind proves the point that not every car was scanned from real versions but rather some were taken from die cast models.

So if they use a model to capture the car's image, they naturally couldn't use the actual audio recorded from these model scanned cars and thus PD had to improvise.

Just putting this into perspective that not every single car in the game was recaptured or audio re-recorded.

In fact only one Mazda Furai was built and it was destroyed by Top Gear
http://www.gtspirit.com/2013/09/11/mazda-furai-destroyed-by-top-gear/

So unless PD recorded audio from the Furai before this happened, this is going to be a case of some cars which the true audio of them will never be recorded because in this case they no longer exist or are extremely hard to acquire.

I expect changes in GT7, but don't expect miracles. Keep your expectations grounded in reality and you can't be disappointed.

The AI is becoming infuriating in IB. They drive slow and cockblock you on the straights and corners, then once you pass them they'll spend the rest of the race tailgating and trying to murder you.

Never thought I'd say this, but I want GT5 AI.

OFFIS

The Delta Wing is a huge disappointment. I was hoping there was at least one car new to GT that could hang in there with high end race cars(group C cars really) and that's a big fat no. Trail braking or letting off the throttle results in an immediate spin, that's not an exaggeration. There's no correcting it either because there's no gradual over or understeer, the front end just jacknifes into the corner. Complete broken mess.

Yeah the Deltawing is broken, try setting the rearwing to minimum downforce: it will spin out while driving straight. Video

malyce

Ok I used car list -> free run, not sure if that is slower or faster than online. With the stock 370 i got: 2:30.567, though none of my best splits are in that lap, I could do 2:29 with a little more effort. Oh I should mention that I 100% kept to the track limits, hardly used any curb in the dipper where most people cut and gain lots of time.

Ghost saved.

EDIT: if someone can beat that time drifting I'd love to see it.

PM me your PSN. I'll add you so we can run some tests.

Repo Man

You can disable specific tracks going to the Library menu and removing them from the playlist there for Races, Menus, etc.

Yea I know but for some reason I can't disable the song that really irritates me in the menu/race transition, think it might be "hardcoded" into the game. I also tried to configure the playlists so that I took off all the songs I didnt like and left in the ones that sucked the least but that lead to me having only a handful of songs that began to repeat pretty quickly :p

It's in there but admittedly more complicated than it should be. When in your Garage there's a menu for media-- pictures from travel mode, videos and whatnot, but Music is there, too. If you want to take all the installed tracks out, unselect everything that it has listed under the race music tab. Otherwise, skip ahead. It's under Options > Sound/Audio on the start button quick pop-up menu with an option to select your own music. You'll want to make a playlist file first with everything you want to use. Set it on shuffle in GT by going to Play Mode to the right of the track listing within the playlist if you'd like. Bam.

Fine. "Bam" might not be the right word since I now realize that that's actually insanely complicated. It's the first thing I figured out when I installed the game. Dear PD, please make it easier than this.

Sorry I should have probably worded my post a bit better. I know how to turn the custom soundtracks on but the problem is that currently theres a bug which causes the game to always play the same song from your playlist unless the race you're doing is long enough for the song to change so in other words if you're doing a bunch of short races you might end up listening to the same song over and over... and over.

Some folks are also saying that the evil bug from GT5 is still there, the one that makes the game revert back to the default music randomly

seb

Banned
If you go back to GT5 v1.0 one of the cars had labels on the bottom which were supposed to be removed based on the model it was scanned from

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt5-uses-autoart-1-18-models-to-render-standard-cars.137081/

In a subsequent update the model label was removed. This kind proves the point that not every car was scanned from real versions but rather some were taken from die cast models.
Really ? It was obviously an easter egg (it even says so in that link you posted) and all it proves is that some people on the internet have 0 sense of humor. That's why they had to remove it.

TTG

Yeah the Deltawing is broken, try setting the rearwing to minimum downforce: it will spin out while driving straight. Video

They need to patch that. It doesn't matter how far they have to fudge the simulation to make it work. It's the most interesting new car in racing since... well it's been a while. It could be as unique to drive as the Ferrari F1 cars were in GT5. And again, it's the only brand new car that's able to compete with the Le Mans prototypes from the old days, so we're stuck buying reskinned Bentleys and whatever else or the Minoltas of the world again otherwise.

They clearly do more than that. Just listen to most cars at idle, listen to a cobra at low revs.

Exactly, "low revs". That's the problem, that's all they're recording. They can't really do anything with those samples that compares to actually recording a car on a dyno.

TTG

The thing with low down force may be an oddity or a clue to the cause, doesn't matter. The point is that however capricious you think that race prepped R8 is, you haven't seen nothing yet. Any trail braking or cornering off throttle at all and you're gone. No doubt with enough patience(and maybe some assists) you can get a clean looking lap, but so what? The idea is to be competitive and somewhat consistent.

They need to patch that. It doesn't matter how far they have to fudge the simulation to make it work. It's the most interesting new car in racing since... well it's been a while. It could be as unique to drive as the Ferrari F1 cars were in GT5. And again, it's the only brand new car that's able to compete with the Le Mans prototypes from the old days, so we're stuck buying reskinned Bentleys and whatever else or the Minoltas of the world again otherwise.
I agree pretty much 100% but there needs to be another few iterations of the car first for things to get "serious". Only a few years off I'm seriously hoping. Trying to make the thing competitive in the 700-750PP range is... hard with where the concept of the chassis is yet and practically that is where it needs to be. It runs around the LMP2s these days, yes? Lack of straightline speed is impossible to make up at Le Mans and other high-speed endurance tracks like Daytona/Silverstone/Spa/Fuji. I did have a whole ton of fun running at at 650PP for the Nurburgring 24-minute. Cheaty? A little, but totally the wrong kind of track for it and with SRF off it was a hoot.

Those late-80s/early-90s 250mph+ beasts are, well, beasts, lol. The old strategy of just slapping a bigger turbo on a newer LMP car no longer cuts it with the new suspension and tyre modeling.

Yami

Sweet, today's new update brings in some Red Bull goodies, including the X2014 Junior. Hnnng. To be honest, I'm pretty sick of Vettel fingerblasting the competition, but it's nice to see he can kinda 'mentor' you in-game too.

Worth checking out Red Bull's weird gallery too just for this image: fucking Newey AND Kaz in one glorious shot.

Give me.

amar212

Additionally the update provides racers with a consecutive login bonus, increased credits in career mode, lowered entry requirements for seasonal events and two new bonus events featuring the seasonal holidays and New Year’s.

Above is the real news.

While this new "Junior X1" seems like an F1 in disquise. OH, and I am 99% sure Red Bull will actually build real-life working "Junior X1" in the very short time, the X1 was too much to build, but this seems like a plausible piece of machinery.

gran-turismo-6-launches-red-bull-x-challenge.jpg

...and the Red Bull X Challenge, a brand new assistant mode featuring World Champion Sebastian Vettel mentoring players in the art of driving an authentic formula car.

Good, the game begins to live.

JamboGT

Nice, glad this is coming so quickly, also happy about the login bonus.

If I could have one more thing it would be that the reward you get for races is based on the PP used, like the seasonals in 5 began to do. Or even the points system from GT4, 200 points races were great.

I really do enjoy GT6 so far, just wish it had the difficulty in the licenses and missions that we had before.

edit. Update is apparently live 1255mb

I'm glad I didn't have the time to play the game. I kinda feel like the idiot I am for bitching last week about the lack of updates, but it's great that something is coming.

Solal on suicide watch.

I really gotta get this game soon -.-

Do it! I already got some new excuses to avoid a race against you!

edit. Update is apparently live 1255mb

Is it insane that I'm thinking about going home during my lunch break to update the game?

PSblog update with exact details

Consecutive Login Bonus: when you log online for consecutive days, a bonus to all credits awarded will accrue up to a potential 200% bonus on the fifth day. Be sure to login everyday to earn more credits!

Earned Credits in Career Mode Increased: enough said.

Entry Requirements for Seasonal Events Lowered: players will only need a National B licence in order to participate in Seasonal Events and, for a limited time, there will be unique special events that will reward cars as prizes, so don’t miss this opportunity and remember to log online!

Bonus Events within Seasonal Events: two new Seasonal Events will run from December 20th, 2013 to January 17th, 2014 and January 2nd to January 30th, 2014. These unique events marking the seasonal holidays and the new year will feature special bonus credits.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/18/gran-turismo-6-updated-today-red-bull-challenge-unleashed/

JamboGT

I'm glad I didn't have the time to play the game. I kinda feel like the idiot I am for bitching last week about the lack of updates, but it's great that something is coming.

Do it! I already got some new excuses to avoid a race against you!

Is it insane that I'm thinking about going home during my lunch break to update the game?

I regret changing my PSplus time back to 6am, had changed it to 2 for when the game was released.

OmegaDL50

Solal on suicide watch.

So much for Solal's "predictions" in saying Microtransactions having an effect on the game.

Oh look, they raised career mode payouts AND added the login bonus.

That's pretty much the recipe needed to get the 2 Million Credits a race that was possible in Seasonals in GT5 again.

OmegaDL50

Holy shit they weren't lying career payouts increased.

I just checked the race I just did in National A, which had a payout of 13,000

It was increased to 20,000 there and with the 200% bonus that would be 40,000 for a simple 3 lap race, Wow.

TTG

Wow, really cool. Sounds a lot more interesting than the M4 update, can't wait to try it. The "junior" car especially. Thread worthy?

The upcoming Bonus Event payouts are massive

Bonus Events within Seasonal Events
From 20 December 2013 3:00AM GMT to 17 January 2014 3:00AM GMT the Seasonal Events will host a special bonus event. If you obtain a Gold award in all events, the credits reward will add up to 3,000,000 credits, and combined with the Consecutive Login Bonus, this can multiply to a maximum 6,000,000 credits!

Furthermore, a second bonus event is planned to be held from 2 January 2014 3:00AM GMT to 30 January 2014 3:00AM. Again, this event will allow you to win up to 6,000,000 credits when combined with the Consecutive Login Bonus, so if you participate in both special events you could earn up to 12,000,000 credits!

We hope you will enjoy these unique events during the seasonal holidays and into the New Year!

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_5757249.html

TTG

If they continue to roll out this sort of thing incrementally, say over the next year or so, I'll be first in line to say I was too harsh on the career mode. It's painfully bare bones right now obviously, do I dare wish for that special events section to fill out and surpass GT5's in time?

If they continue to roll out this sort of thing incrementally, say over the next year or so, I'll be first in line to say I was too harsh on the career mode. It's painfully bare bones right now obviously, do I dare wish for that special events section to fill out and surpass GT5's in time?

The way Kaz has been talking about post-launch content in GT6 ( Senna, VisionGT, cars, the mythical sound patch ), I'm thinking a roll-out over the next two years.

GT6 : XXL 2015 Edition will probably be the true GT6.

The way Kaz has been talking about post-launch content in GT6 ( Senna, VisionGT, cars, the mythical sound patch ), I'm thinking a roll-out over the next two years.

GT6 : XXL 2015 Edition will probably be the true GT6.

Just to avoid possible future disappointment, it's worth mentioning that Kaz has never said that the sound will be patched for GT6. He said that they're working on a completely different way to generate the sounds and that he didn't know if it'd be done in time for GT6. A patch is possible but it's not set in stone.

Edit: It's been mentioned at GTplanet that there's now a "Real" option for slipstream strength in online lobbies.

nasanu

Banned
I am happily correct, they have fixed the slipstream, its not stupidly powerful now. In online lobbys (I noticed it in the redbull challenges so it extends to single player) you can now select real for the slip setting.

MGR

Right so it looks like fitting aftermarket alloys on to a car resets the tyre widths to the same as the front tyres all round. So if you have a powerful rear wheel drive car that should have wider tyres on the rear you will lose that extra width if you change alloys and have to suffer the resultant lack of grip.

SMH.

Highlighting this again seeing as most seemed to have glossed over it.

nURD7QRl.jpg

FFS Polyphony :(

Top Bottom