• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

IISANDERII

So much for Solal's "predictions" in saying Microtransactions having an effect on the game.

Oh look, they raised career mode payouts AND added the login bonus.

That's pretty much the recipe needed to get the 2 Million Credits a race that was possible in Seasonals in GT5 again.
Hope you're not saying that this is proof that microtransactions have no effect on the game design because this is very far from conclusive and could be seen in a number of different ways.

nasanu

Banned
Hope you're not saying that this is proof that microtransactions have no effect on the game design because this is very far from conclusive and could be seen in a number of different ways.

You mean in all the ways that GT6's payouts were just about identical to the launch GT5 payouts?

Give it up. There was never anything to all this MT rubbish to begin with, now its blindingly obviously so.

You mean in all the ways that GT6's payouts were just about identical to the launch GT5 payouts?

Give it up. There was never anything to all this MT rubbish to begin with, now its blindingly obviously so.

Then why wasn't GT6 at launch like the later versions of GT5?

nasanu

Banned

Why does it have to be? Are you saying GT5 was also geared towards microtransactions?

Also the slipstream had to be patched to realistic levels in GT5. Yet GT6 started out with unrealistic slipstream levels which were only patch to realistic levels today. But things like this are easy to overlook when you are only looking to prove your belief I guess.

Why does it have to be? Are you saying GT5 was also geared towards microtransactions?

Also the slipstream had to be patched to realistic levels in GT5. Yet GT6 started out with unrealistic slipstream levels which were only patch to realistic levels today. But things like this are easy to overlook when you are only looking to prove your belief I guess.

No, but why did the game launch with lower payouts and no log-in bonus, only to have it patched in again? That doesn't make any sense.

Wereroku

No, but why did the game launch with lower payouts and no log-in bonus, only to have it patched in again? That doesn't make any sense.

Probably because the login tracking is server based and they were not sure they had the capacity to support it properly until now.

Probably because the login tracking is server based and they were not sure they had the capacity to support it properly until now.

Now that makes sense! Good point and definitely better than to launch with a broken online component. I wish they would've communicated that, though.

dalin80

Banned

Probably because the career mode is so different, GT6 has been locked into baby mode while the rewards and updates throw new cars at you. It's all far too easy and there is absolutely no sense of progression.

IISANDERII

GT5 was a huge grind anyway and so you can't be certain that instead of adjusting the economy, they'd just simply try to mitigate it with microtransactions. But an exploit in GT5 tossed a monkey wrench into those notions, exactly like what's happening with GT6.

Melfice7

Am i imagining things or the AI in the junior X1 events is actually trying to win? they still slow down a bit too much on turns but seems better than usual

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Highlighting this again seeing as most seemed to have glossed over it.

nURD7QRl.jpg

FFS Polyphony :(

Does it actually have a proven effect on handling in the game? Or is it just aesthetic?

Well, that X2014 Junior Championship was a bumper car clusterfuck. Did PD even playtest that trash? If the AI ploughs me off track one more time in this game, somebody is going to die.

Anyway, nice update overall.

JRichter

Neo Member
1.02 - 74% w/ 6 min's left....

So I notice there is a proper hood cam view in replays. I'm no software engineer but wouldn't it be simple to add this to the actual game play?

I race in cockpit view (when there is one) but turn to bumper cam (when there is not) but would prefer the hood cam view (sense of speed I guess and I like seeing something close to what I would actually see if I'm driving IRL, not to mention the improved sound of the roof cam view) .

Also ,should I expect a reduction in tire screech post 1.02 update? fingers crossed (I know a separate volume adjustment would be dreaming).

I think I've read every post in this thread so sorry if already covered.

nasanu

Banned
Well, that X2014 Junior Championship was a bumper car clusterfuck. Did PD even playtest that trash? If the AI ploughs me off track one more time in this game, somebody is going to die.

Anyway, nice update overall.

I still dont get this. After all this time the AI is still yet to hit me. I finished the redbull jr also. I hit them, they never once hit me even though I had a few good battles with the lead car on some tracks trading places.

I still think you guys have no idea about racing room or spacial awareness... Not saying the AI is good, but they have never hit me and if you drive properly I am sure they wont hit you either.

Megasoum

Banned
1.02 - 74% w/ 6 min's left....

So I notice there is a proper hood cam view in replays. I'm no software engineer but wouldn't it be simple to add this to the actual game play?

I race in cockpit view (when there is one) but turn to bumper cam (when there is not) but would prefer the hood cam view (sense of speed I guess and I like seeing something close to what I would actually see if I'm driving IRL, not to mention the improved sound of the roof cam view) .

Also ,should I expect a reduction in tire screech post 1.02 update? fingers crossed (I know a separate volume adjustment would be dreaming).

I think I've read every post in this thread so sorry if already covered.

Huh, there is a hood cam in the game... I use it everyday.... Well, on most of the cars it's more a roof cam than a hood cam (seriously, I feel like I'm driving a bus sometimes lol).

I don't understand how this game works.

I'm trying to gold the 550 PP Touring Car race on Tokyo. First attempt was in the R8 LMS. I was running around 1:44's. By the 3rd lap I'm 12 seconds behind the M3 in the lead. Second attempt, I'm in the Z4 GT3. Running similar lap times and I'm only 1 second behind the same car on lap 3?

The AI is just all over the place.

I still dont get this. After all this time the AI is still yet to hit me. I finished the redbull jr also. I hit them, they never once hit me even though I had a few good battles with the lead car on some tracks trading places.

I still think you guys have no idea about racing room or spacial awareness... Not saying the AI is good, but they have never hit me and if you drive properly I am sure they wont hit you either.

If you try to overtake the AI on the inside of a corner, they'll just drive right through you because they're unaware.

I don't understand how this game works.

I'm trying to gold the 550 PP Touring Car race on Tokyo. First attempt was in the R8 LMS. I was running around 1:44's. By the 3rd lap I'm 12 seconds behind the M3 in the lead. Second attempt, I'm in the Z4 GT3. Running similar lap times and I'm only 1 second behind the same car on lap 3?

The AI is just all over the place.

Apparently there's some heavy rubberbanding this time. Sucks.

JRichter

Neo Member
Huh, there is a hood cam in the game... I use it everyday.... Well, on most of the cars it's more a roof cam than a hood cam (seriously, I feel like I'm driving a bus sometimes lol).

Ok, after checking if the M4 got a cockpit view post-update (no) and viewing the replay, looking at what is labeled as roof cam front in the replay vs hood cam, I guess this is the hood cam view. I guess most of what I've driving so far has been tall cars and does look very bus like compared to every other hood cam view form other games.

Anyways, loving the update so far...

please. They could pay us out a million dollar sign in bonus and Im certain you would argue this point ad nauseum.

Ever since the update the game is hard locking my PS3 and forcing me to do a harddrive check on startup wtf.

Maybe go into Game Data and delete all the GT6 files, restart the game and it should reinstall stuff and do the updates.......maybe. Just make sure to not delete "Save Data".

Don't know, just a thought.

Here, pick your favorite I-edited-it-for-ya Phosp.

Everyone bitched about the hard shadows, now we get the crap that's in GT6. =[

etc
etc

I know I'm late to the post, but YES.

To be honest, I'm pretty fucking sick of the majority of GT's fanbase, SPECIALLY GTPlanet. What an insufferable bunch of whiny unrealistic guys that will complain about ANYTHING. The thing that pisses me off the most, though, is the casualization of the franchise. 24 FUCKING MINUTES ENDURANCE RACES? WTF? Make it at least 1-2-4 hours for fuck's sake. Not to mention the special/seasonal events... ugh.

I might be getting the game later this week, but I'm not too convinced I will enjoy it right now (I don't even have my wheel with me).

amar212

To be honest, I'm pretty fucking sick of the majority of GT's fanbase, SPECIALLY GTPlanet. What an insufferable bunch of whiny unrealistic guys that will complain about ANYTHING. .

From what I am reading, we are very close to get toned-down oversteer for MR cars which is absolutely not problematic as long as you focus on driving the damn cars like you would in real life..

..and I guess they will again kill the beautiful lighting bloom because there is a army of people that have 300$ sets on probably wrong settings, wrong RGB setup and without clue how to set up the TV for proper output.

Couch drivers on the road again.

Hmmmm......I didn't get the GT-R for having done the GT Academy? Do I need to do something?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it was only promised to the Europeans. :(

Niks

..and I guess they will again kill the beautiful lighting bloom because there is a army of people that have 300$ sets on probably wrong settings, wrong RGB setup and without clue how to set up the TV for proper output.

Dunno about that amar. I have a properly calibrated set, and there are issues in some tracks (ascari comes to mind). More than a bloom issue, I think its a problem with the new hdr lighting. They dont need to kill it, just tweak it.

ruttyboy

Hmmmm......I didn't get the GT-R for having done the GT Academy? Do I need to do something?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it was only promised to the Europeans. :(

Don't worry, we haven't got it yet either. I'd really like to know what's going on with it.

EDIT: I'd also like to know if the update has nixed the money glitch. I saved off a copy of my save before starting the update so I can revert if needs be, but I don't really want to do it yet.

Top Bottom