• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

Yeah it was crazy. I figured it was like when GT5 launched and it was a genuine error on their part that they later fixed. At launch RS tires were unequivocally faster than full wets in any mode. In GT6 A-spec, driving with slicks was so easy even bearable at 100% wet. I also haven't touched arcade because why would I want arcade settings? Little did I know they tacked on "wet & track edge" to the drop down menu which used to only be a track edge settings. I remember we had to do online lobbies for the "full physics" in GT5 but they eventually fixed that. Now it seems the physics are even more obscured across the different modes.
Baffling indeed. I can't say I've noticed the difference in the dry regarding track edges, but I tend to avoid them... the main annoyance of aids in the career is the forced Skid Recovery in Licence Tests, but they really should allow everything to be off... everywhere. There's no good reason for restricting it.

Baffling indeed. I can't say I've noticed the difference in the dry regarding track edges, but I tend to avoid them... the main annoyance of aids in the career is the forced Skid Recovery in Licence Tests, but they really should allow everything to be off... everywhere. There's no good reason for restricting it.

I didn't test dry v. dry but based on the menu options it seems only the wet and track edge "physics" are unlocked in arcade mode. GT5 1.0 was the biggest fuck up because online physics were completely different than offline. This made the first few NGRL session funny because a lot of us were practicing offline then being completely baffled by the reduced grip once we met up online.

No assists should ever be forced as on for any thing in the single player. Tire wear and fuel use should be on from the start too. Even TCS at 1 is too much. It completely changes the car's behavior. GT still rewards slidy driving so TCS makes you so much slower. The license tests are a breeze with TCS off. (probably breeze with them on) but using some friends ghost lines as a reference point,I tested TCS on and it made me way slower then people I knew had it off.

If they are going to make a specific event to highlight rain racing, it would make sense for us to be given the option to enable "full on" wet weather physics.

And here the last comparison of graphics and sounds between Gran Turismo 6 and Gran Turismo 5. Its a lap at High Speed Ring circuit with Red Bull X2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVMC8wLD2qw

I hope you've liked the comparison that I've uploaded these days. A greeting, guys

Oof! That's hard to listen to.

Is there an issue with disk space? I imagine audio files for engine sounds for 1200 cars takes up a lot of space.

Niks

Ive made my peace accepting the fact that carreer mode was made for new comers, noobs, and not the hardcore in mind. Also I realize the "hard core" will probably live on the online mode after the first month or so anyways, so as long the physics are ok there, I dont really mind the career mode being made easy for new players.

I do agree that we should be given the choice though.

I think I could stomach it more if online races had better payouts. For now, since I am still heavily in the car buying phase of GT6,
I need the A-Spec revenue.

Didn't GT5P have high payout online races?

spwolf

Ive made my peace accepting the fact that carreer mode was made for new comers, noobs, and not the hardcore in mind. Also I realize the "hard core" will probably live on the online mode after the first month or so anyways, so as long the physics are ok there, I dont really mind the career mode being made easy for new players.

I do agree that we should be given the choice though.

time trial as well.

mikeBlack

Neo Member
Ended up doing the credit glitch a few days ago. Now I have every car I want and can just focus on online... So much better than thinking "I want this car, so now I have to do this lifeless 50,000 credit race 10 times, then after that I can afford a car I may or may not end up liking".

Just confirms to me that credit systems in racing games are the worst. At least project cars gets it.

OmegaDL50

I don't know if anyone brought this up or not yet, as I haven't bothered to go back a few pages ago when they first released the BMW M4.

But it seems the Money Glitch works on the BMW M4 as well. You can buy it for 120,000 in update 1.01 but deleting the update just the Vision GT Mercedes, the BMW M4 can also be sold for millions without the update installed.

I wonder if this is just an issue of the game not knowing how to handle the added cars and just maxes out money due to some sort of overflow in the memory.

I just find this interesting that both of the added cars can be used for this exploit, it makes me wonder if every single added car in the future via updates will also result in the same.

mikeBlack

Neo Member
I just find this interesting that both of the added cars can be used for this exploit, it makes me wonder if every single added car in the future via updates will also result in the same.

I used the M4. Like you said it seems it would work with any car that will be released after 1.0.
Who knows how you would patch it, they would need some way of forcing an upgrade to 1.01 before the game launches proper.

malyce

I don't know if the "Slide4Speed" physics in GT5/6 is a limitation of PS3 hardware, but it's been annoying ever since the first GT Academy when they updated the physics from GT5:p. It's been toned down a bit in GT6, but it's still there and in some cars it's the only way you're gonna be competitive with the top dirvers online. I hate doing it, as it makes the game feel very arcadey in nature as opposed to sims like iRacing/AC/PC where that driving style would result in a much much slower time and in certain corners/tracks you'd end up in a wall or sandpit for driving like that.

The draft also needs to be toned the fuck down. You shouldn't be able to hang with me if I'm 1-1.5 seconds a lap faster than you. It just kills the whole point of building a lead only to be reeled back in from a car mile away.

These are my two main gripes about racing online. I really hope PD addresses these in the coming updates, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Megasoum

Banned
Hmmm... The game got stuck at the "Warning" screen with the little loading animation at the bottom. When I tried to quit the game the ps3 crashed and now it's rebuilding the database....great.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Today it was relatively easy to gold all the Goodwood races except for the X2010 (I'm satisfied with a bronze for now lol) and I'm finally at 90% completion. Those go-karts are really holding me back...

I don't know if the "Slide4Speed" physics in GT5/6 is a limitation of PS3 hardware, but it's been annoying ever since the first GT Academy when they updated the physics from GT5:p. It's been toned down a bit in GT6, but it's still there and in some cars it's the only way you're gonna be competitive with the top dirvers online. I hate doing it, as it makes the game feel very arcadey in nature as opposed to sims like iRacing/AC/PC where that driving style would result in a much much slower time and in certain corners/tracks you'd end up in a wall or sandpit for driving like that.

The draft also needs to be toned the fuck down. You shouldn't be able to hang with me if I'm 1-1.5 seconds a lap faster than you. It just kills the whole point of building a lead only to be reeled back in from a car mile away.

These are my two main gripes about racing online. I really hope PD addresses these in the coming updates, but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

The Slide4Speed was so apparent when I was doing all of the S class license tests. I would drive smooth and be like, how am I so far behind so-and-so?! Then I would just start throwing it into corners and I was getting golds two seconds under. Some cars and tire combinations are way worse than others.

Hmm, I seem to be stuck at the Warning screen too. Fun.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I don't know if anyone brought this up or not yet, as I haven't bothered to go back a few pages ago when they first released the BMW M4.

But it seems the Money Glitch works on the BMW M4 as well. You can buy it for 120,000 in update 1.01 but deleting the update just the Vision GT Mercedes, the BMW M4 can also be sold for millions without the update installed.

I wonder if this is just an issue of the game not knowing how to handle the added cars and just maxes out money due to some sort of overflow in the memory.

Some of these money glitches almost seem intentional. As if PD didn't want to have gamers forced to shell money for in-game money and left a few exploits open.

nasanu

Banned

I don't understand this. I am as fast as anyone, I run 2:11's around bathurst at 500pp on SS and I have qualified for GT Acadamy, and I don't slide the car. Its slower. Sometimes letting the back drift out a little is faster because it reduces the turning radius, but this is still grip driving since the maximum grip is found about about 5% slip.

watch and learn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xZw4xaWbJiw#t=395

What many call drift is actually faster in real. In that video above they call it a 'fast drift' but its really still grip driving. Letting the car slide a little is a fast way around a corner, though over a race distance your tyres might not last.

In the Hudson video the Polyphony crew are recording the sound of the Hudson, however I have been put under the impression that the sounds of cars in GT6 aren't authentic. Is this wrong?

Dead Man

In the Hudson video the Polyphony crew are recording the sound of the Hudson, however I have been put under the impression that the sounds of cars in GT6 aren't authentic. Is this wrong?

They are authentic, they are not accurate. If that makes sense. For the premiums they do record the sounds, but then they fuck it up somewhere along the line and turn them into leaf blowers.

nasanu

Banned
They are authentic, they are not accurate. If that makes sense. For the premiums they do record the sounds, but then they fuck it up somewhere along the line and turn them into leaf blowers.

Not just for premiums, for ALL of them. They have top quality audio for every single car in the game. They just don't know how to turn those audio files into proper ingame sounds. Sound programming is much more complex than you might think, its not a simple matter of just playing a sample at a given time.

But there are even very simple things they could do but chose not to. Like using the external sound for the external bumper cam (as they do with all other external views), but they use the muffled cockpit sound for that view as if they want it to sound bad.

Dead Man

Not just for premiums, for ALL of them. They have top quality audio for every single car in the game. They just don't know how to turn those audio files into proper ingame sounds. Sound programming is much more complex than you might think, its not a simple matter of just playing a sample at a given time.

But there are even very simple things they could do but chose not to. Like using the external sound for the external bumper cam (as they do with all other external views), but they use the muffled cockpit sound for that view as if they want it to sound bad.

Didn't realise they had redone the sound for the standards too.

Has anyone tried the Audi R18 TDI yet?

I need to get a Le Mans class car...and need to grind a bit more to get one, but would like to know if anyone has had any experience with it yet or if they would recommend another one?

EDIT: I will say I loved the Bentley Speed 8 in GT5 as well as the Minolta Toyota 88C-V '89....but thought I'd go Audi.

OmegaDL50

Some of these money glitches almost seem intentional. As if PD didn't want to have gamers forced to shell money for in-game money and left a few exploits open.

Well if it works for the Vision GT Mercedes, and the 2014 BMW M4, It's a safe bet when we get the Hudson Hornet it will work also with that too.

I won't be the one to find out as I have all the cars I want. Although if if the Microtransactions thing was indeed Sony's idea and not PD's, and some programmer "slipped up" in light of this situation.

Even if this sounds unrealistic, although possible. I just don't want anyone to get in trouble if this indeed the case.

benzy

I wonder if they'll keep true to their word on DLC tracks every month. Curious about what we'll get in January if so.

You have to drive like an absolute maniac to Gold some of these driving missions. It's a blast! I wish I had the confidence to do some of this shit in a normal race :lol

Jedi2016

I need to get a Le Mans class car...and need to grind a bit more to get one, but would like to know if anyone has had any experience with it yet or if they would recommend another one?

EDIT: I will say I loved the Bentley Speed 8 in GT5 as well as the Minolta Toyota 88C-V '89....but thought I'd go Audi.
I'm leaning toward the Bentley myself. Given the dearth of credits in GT6, I'm having to go for cars that will straight-up win for me rather than cars that are more fun..those will have to wait until I can unlock the high-dollar races.

paskowitz

It is very stable but other lmp1 cars have more grunt.

Holy crap. That practically made my ears bleed even at a fairly low volume. Mind you that is exactly how it should be, so thank god for the change. That's a proper sound.

The veyron is a piece of shit.
That last test is gotta be some kind of trolling by Kaz.
Probably. Anyone with even the tiniest blood of enthusiast in his/her veins knows the thing wasn't designed with the track in mind. In a way it's an extra special challenge to end on, but yeah, I'm learning toward trolling. Before unlocking that set I was hoping they'd end with the Formula GT since it lacks any career events.

Is there anyway to set the default view to cockpit? Am I missing it in the settings somewhere?
It should be defaulting to whatever view you used at the end of your last race.

Jedi2016

Is there anyway to set the default view to cockpit? Am I missing it in the settings somewhere?
Just switch to it. It should stick to whatever your last viewpoint was. So unless you keep switching out of cockpit view for some reason, it should remain there.

Dune1975

Banned
Just switch to it. It should stick to whatever your last viewpoint was. So unless you keep switching out of cockpit view for some reason, it should remain there.

I use nothing but cockpit view, but every time I start a new game its back to the 1st person crap view

Did not know that. Every single car?

I don't think they recorded every car. Back then, a lot of the cars were probably created by using a model kit as a reference instead of actually going out and scanning/taking pics ect.. So they wouldn't have had a chance to capture the audio.

nasanu

Banned
I don't think they recorded every car. Back then, a lot of the cars were probably created by using a model kit as a reference instead of actually going out and scanning/taking pics ect.. So they wouldn't have had a chance to capture the audio.

I am pretty sure from GT4 on they did capture everything going by what they have said in past interviews.

But in any case better recordings are not going to fix anything.

It is very stable but other lmp1 cars have more grunt.

Not what I wanted to hear...though having stability in them is very important. Totally forgot, but I also loved the GT-One as well in GT5. If I remember, it was powerful and pretty stable. Hmmm, got some decisions.

I'm leaning toward the Bentley myself. Given the dearth of credits in GT6, I'm having to go for cars that will straight-up win for me rather than cars that are more fun..those will have to wait until I can unlock the high-dollar races.

Since most of them are around 2 million credits, I'm not too worried. I'm sure I'll be able to make whichever car I grab work. As for the creds, I don't mind grinding....I'm sick like that. I was sad they got rid of the XP and leveling from GT5. :p

nasanu

Banned
Would people seriously stop putting racing soft on road cars online? I can not find a room where this is not happening. It was fine in GT5, it just gave more grip. But in GT6 rs tyres destroy road cars making some of them impossible to drive. Road cars need major suspension and LSD tweaks otherwise all that grip becomes a problem.

To see what I mean take a stock nsx type r around bathurst on what it should be running, sports hard or something similar. Its a challenge as it should be, but if you drive realistically its not a death trap. Put rs tyres on however and the car is not roadworthy trying to kill you if you dare try to take a corner.

malyce

The Slide4Speed was so apparent when I was doing all of the S class license tests. I would drive smooth and be like, how am I so far behind so-and-so?! Then I would just start throwing it into corners and I was getting golds two seconds under. Some cars and tire combinations are way worse than others.

Hmm, I seem to be stuck at the Warning screen too. Fun.

Yup took the X-Bow around GP/F on SH and I was almost 2 seconds faster when I threw it around and steered with the throttle, full on drifting. Reminded me of a GT5 seasonal TT: Z06 RM @ Indy where everyone was setting the brake bias to 10 in rear just to get it as sideways as possible as it was the fastest way around the track.

I don't understand this. I am as fast as anyone, I run 2:11's around bathurst at 500pp on SS and I have qualified for GT Acadamy, and I don't slide the car. Its slower. Sometimes letting the back drift out a little is faster because it reduces the turning radius, but this is still grip driving since the maximum grip is found about about 5% slip.

watch and learn:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=xZw4xaWbJiw#t=395

What many call drift is actually faster in real. In that video above they call it a 'fast drift' but its really still grip driving. Letting the car slide a little is a fast way around a corner, though over a race distance your tyres might not last.
Try this: Stock 370z @ Bathurst. Comfort Soft, No Aids, No ABS. Post your best time.

nasanu

Banned
Yup took the X-Bow around GP/F on SH and I was almost 2 seconds faster when I threw it around and steered with the throttle, full on drifting. Reminded me of a GT5 seasonal TT: Z06 RM @ Indy where everyone was setting the brake bias to 10 in rear just to get it as sideways as possible as it was the fastest way around the track.

Try this: Stock 370z @ Bathurst. Comfort Soft, No Aids, No ABS. Post your best time.

Why no ABS? You would have to mess around with tripping fuses or something to disable ABS in the real car...

Repo Man

Daiki Kasho needs to stop making music for these games! The guy makes some of the most generic shit I've heard in my life and it doesnt help that one of the songs ALWAYS plays during the loading of a race track when I choose an event in the main menu.

I thought GT5 had a bad soundtrack but GT6's soundtrack is just all kinds of crap. Wish PD hurried up and sorted out the custom soundtracks, otherwise I may have to just bite the bullet and disable music entirely from the game for the time being.

Top Bottom