• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

From what I am reading, we are very close to get toned-down oversteer for MR cars which is absolutely not problematic as long as you focus on driving the damn cars like you would in real life..

..and I guess they will again kill the beautiful lighting bloom because there is a army of people that have 300$ sets on probably wrong settings, wrong RGB setup and without clue how to set up the TV for proper output.

Couch drivers on the road again.

I agree with the first points, but the gamma is all over the place in this game. I have never had to adjust the brightness settings so often in a game. I take my monitor calibration seriously. It goes from blown out hot whites to ink black, zero illumination night races. I am also sick of games replicating the eye's natural response to lighting changes in engine, because when rendered in game it isn't the same thing as dealing with bright light IRL. I squint in real life, but if the game is blowing out whites, squinting doesn't get any detail back.

There have been moments where over 40-50% of my screen is full white or full black with zero detail.

Good update. I do appreciate the credits increase with the login bonuses.

My usual race I grind went from like 29,000 creds to 49,000, so that's cool.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Yeah the bonus + Red Bull events = $$$$$$$$

I'm over a million now in just an hour.

IISANDERII

What's wrong with karts? It makes sense to start with karts... karting is where most F1 drivers started.
Doing any kart race while wearing the Senna kit reminds of his documentary; that's how the film began and it's how it ended. Took me 5 races to recall the name Fullerton.

Korezo

Lol I just put my whole wheel cockpit setup away yesterday because I was going to wait for some GT6 updates and then this comes out... I guess I play with the remote since they added a kart race which I hate.

Sorc3r3r

It's just my impression maybe, but something happened to the anti aliasing with this update, brands hatch in particular seemed less aliased.

OmegaDL50

It's just my impression maybe, but something happened to the anti aliasing with this update, brands hatch in particular seemed less aliased.

I think they did more then that. I'm getting wierd flickering shadows and random stutter.

It's possible they borked the graphics settings.

From what I am reading, we are very close to get toned-down oversteer for MR cars which is absolutely not problematic as long as you focus on driving the damn cars like you would in real life..

..and I guess they will again kill the beautiful lighting bloom because there is a army of people that have 300$ sets on probably wrong settings, wrong RGB setup and without clue how to set up the TV for proper output.

Couch drivers on the road again.

Jesus Christ. Can't they just stick some fat racing megasofts and activate SRF?

The Red Bull X2014 Junior class is something else! It's great to power through the corners with this car. It's a shame I got silver on that challenge. Spun on Grand Valley.

amar212

Jesus Christ. Can't they just stick some fat racing megasofts and activate SRF?

New GTP challengers arrive:

- complaints about bumps on Moulsanne (literally unbelivable complaint)
- complaints about having tire-wear in S class races
- complaints about permanent detoriation

I think I am getting too old for this.

Any quick tips for the Clubman Kart 100 Race 2? Having some serious difficulty here...

Someone in this thread gave the tip of modifying the kart settings so that the transmission tops out at 62mph instead of 68mph (or ~100kph instead of ~110) to accelerate faster out of the corners, which actually helped me a lot. I'd repeat the advice never to cut across curbs with just one wheel, that will seriously destabilize the kart. The AI karts seem to speed up during the second and third lap and then slow significantly in the fourth and fifth laps, so as long as you can stay within three seconds of the lead during laps 2 and 3 you'll be well within striking distance of first.

Good luck; I found the track a major spin fest and only after an hour's worth of track time did I feel comfortable enough not to spin out or rub the walls at all while pushing hard enough to win. If it's any consolation, I found the third race much easier.

AlphaSnake

Any quick tips for the Clubman Kart 100 Race 2? Having some serious difficulty here...

Turn the controller sensitivity all the way down to -2. It'll prevent you from spinning out and smoothen out your turning inputs considerably.

I want tire wear in every event and even more persistant damage and car wear! Make it like we own these fuckers. I think you should have to buy new sets of tires when you wear out a set too.

skynidas

Banned
For anyone having any trouble with any race, change the max speed on the transmission, on the Like the Wind races put the limit on higher speeds, on the kart decrease it a little bit, play with it until you get the pace you need.

Also, this is less of a problem with the increased credit rewards, but If you can't find a car to race with on the elegible cars screen you can change the specs of the cars you already have a little bit to get to the required PP limit, this helps you to not get one car for a single event.

One last thing, on the missions and licenses, If you are having a hard time getting gold , modify Traction Control, lower TC might make the car a little harder to handle but if you take the turns the right way and control the car you will easily get gold.

These might be dumb tips for the experienced players But a lot of people that Don't play as much might find it helpful.

Sorc3r3r

Blame is on PD if they are running after every complain.
The game has become so big, so loved, well before this fucking social era.

PD has the right and duty to stick to their vision.

ruttyboy

Can someone please write me an idiot's guide for those feckin' drift challenges?

I have decent pedal and wheel control in a normal race, but I have no idea what kind of speeds I should be going through corners, how to maintain the angle rather than end up spinning (counter-steering and letting off the throttle seems to do nothing once you are far enough gone to actually start scoring points). I tried changing the back tires, doesn't seem to help, I'm frustrated.

I know you are sarcastic but I agree with above.

Not a single ounce of sarcasm. I want GT to play to the strength of car ownership. I want every dent to stay on that car until I fix it, if I chose to do so. Make cars unique through their ownership history, not gaudy liveries.

ethomaz

Banned
Just to add to @skynidas tips.

- In Karts races you can use the lowest transmission speed because there are a lot of turns and few straight lines and if you the karts can't pass you even in lowest top speed... so the higher acceleration to return from the turns are the best think in the Kart races.

- Still Karts... didn't make the turns so close... make it more at the center releasing the accelerator, after you get stable strong tread on the accelerator again... try to pass the opponents in turns too because they are slow and easy than a straight lines.

- I found easy some 500PP races with strongs cars (600PP)... I just changed the engine power until a number that fits the 500PP (80% for example).

- In License Events uses low tracking control... this helps to gain near 2 seconds in any event (you start close to .5 seconds faster already)... you will have a little trouble to maintain the car right on the turns but the seconds won is a big deal here.

- Again in License Events uses a lot the the track edge (I don't know the name... the little stripped part of the track that you can pass up without losing speed)

- I change all the time the transmission max speed... races with more straight lines I add a little more max speed... races with a lot of turns I put less max speeds.

I have more tips but I didn't remember all of them :-D
The game is a lot easy compared with GT5 and all the tips for GT5 works here too.

dubc35

Me too.

I want tire wear in every event and even more persistant damage and car wear! Make it like we own these fuckers. I think you should have to buy new sets of tires when you wear out a set too.

I was going to post something similar. I don't understand why tire wear isn't in every race. Most of the beginning ones are 2 laps. If you're burning through comfort or sports tires in two laps you're doing it wrong.

[edit] The ownership part would be awesome too. I bet a lot of us could fire up old GT games and look around in our garage with fond memories of some of the cars. The persistence adds to the realism and connection. Real life cars can be restored so add that in too...at like 200% the cost of a new version of the car.

It would also make a car with several thousand racing miles under its belt with no major repairs or engine replacements unique. You would have your "work horse" cars that last a long time. Adding things like Level 3 turbos or nitrous would likely add a lot of wear on your engine. Instead of restricting tires as much for events, the cost of burning up RS tires in qualy and a 5 lap race should curb the use of them. If you want to dump 50K on tires to dust the field in an event that you only win 45K in, have at it.

Not a single ounce of sarcasm. I want GT to play to the strength of car ownership. I want every dent to stay on that car until I fix it, if I chose to do so. Make cars unique through their ownership history, not gaudy liveries.

That's what I've been saying all along! Instead they don't even acknowledge damage at all.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Getting a new ps3 tomorrow, what do I need for transferring my GT6 save if I don't have PS+?
I just need to log in my PSN profile and copy over the save I slapped on a USB stick and I'm good?
Just asking because I remember when I did that for God of War 3 after getting my Slim the system told me the save was incompatible with that profile...

malyce

YES! The draft has been toned down. The "real" setting feels great. Had a few races earlier and it no longer feels like I'm being sucked in by a vacuum when drafting someone. Now we wait for the community features and match-making.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I finally faced my fears and golded all the kart races :)
As soon as my hands recover (lol), I'll just need to go after the nascar races. Any tips or settings? Last time they sent me flying off the track...

Pretty sure GT6 will be my first Platinum trophy. All I have left are Dedicated Follower of Fashion, Angel Investor, Fanatical Collector and Autobarmy.

That last one will take the longest, I only have 8,125.6km out of the 12,718km required after 55 hours of driving.

gokieks

Getting a new ps3 tomorrow, what do I need for transferring my GT6 save if I don't have PS+?
I just need to log in my PSN profile and copy over the save I slapped on a USB stick and I'm good?
Just asking because I remember when I did that for God of War 3 after getting my Slim the system told me the save was incompatible with that profile...

GT6 save file is not locked, you can just use USB drive/flash media.

AlphaSnake

Man this AI really is starting to wear on me.

I'm in 5th place from the 1st to 2nd lap...then the 3rd lap hits and I pass everyone in the first two corners. And all of a sudden I have two of them on my tail until the end.

I agree, give me back GT5 AI.

amar212

I'm in 5th place from the 1st to 2nd lap...then the 3rd lap hits and I pass everyone in the first two corners. And all of a sudden I have two of them on my tail until the end.

It took the Kuwait guy to win a GT5:p tournament and actuay meet Kaz who asked him what would he like to see in GT5:p and guy replied "to have online races without catch up effect".

Those were the times.. online with catch-up and no option to turn it off. Man, we come a long way.

conman

It means that every race (regardless of your car's power rating) follows the exact same "plot" arc. And the other cars drop/increase speed to make sure that "plot" happens every time. You pass to 5th or 6th in the first, 3rd or 4th in the second, and 1st in the third--with the second and third place cars right on you to the end to make it feel like it was "close."

And if a race has more or less laps, then the "plot" gets slightly adjusted. But it always follows the same basic pattern.

Like with other GT games, I prefer the licenses and missions. Haven't spent much time yet in multi. I'll wait for more community features to get patched in first.

XJF

Thanks for all the advice guys. Just home from work so I'll put them to the test. I assume it doesnt matter too much, but which kart did you all use for the Clubman Kart 100 races? The regular 100 or the 100 SLP?

TTG

The Red Bull Junior is a brilliant teaching tool. I was wondering if it was going to be like a formula 2 car, or any other sub f1 open wheel car for that matter, but it's made specifically to prepare the player for the full bore madness of the x1. The adjustment in terms of a bunch of corners that have to be taken flat out and even more where there's no need to touch the brakes, where before they were full brake etc. is what's almost mirrored with the junior car. Except everything is moving much slower. Really cool.

Now all we need is their F1 car or an analog if they can't get the license, fill out the spectrum of open wheel racers. I want something similar to the Ferrari F1 cars basically, those were fun.

Top Bottom