• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 free update July 2024

Musilla

GR1iHRHaQAA7kAA

GR1iIswacAAX9rq

GR1iKXZXkAAPRcr

GR1iMcBWYAAiG7u

StHb2.gif

StHbb.gif

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
I wonder how many layouts there are for the Nordwand and if it will be the second circuit for rally cross.

'New physics' shown together with a short rally clip seems to indicate it's more geared towards off road physics. Another reset for CE and licenses?

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
nicolas GIF

There are not many games I will dedicate to buying on Day one, GT8 is one of those games. I have had so much fun in GT7 this gen and am not even a massive car/driving fan. This game is legit so addictive and the “feel” of it to play even on a dualsense is a thing of beauty.

acidagfc

nicolas GIF

There are not many games I will dedicate to buying on Day one, GT8 is one of those games. I have had so much fun in GT7 this gen and am not even a massive car/driving fan. This game is legit so addictive and the “feel” of it to play even on a dualsense is a thing of beauty.
GT7 turned from someone who knew fuck all about cars and never cared about them into an old cars enjoyer and an F1 fan. I even went to an actual live F1 race in Baku last year.

After reading about the patch I just started the game again and got lost for 2 hours.
This game is fucking magic.

The Stig

Wow, track looks lovely and that is a SUPERB assortment of cars.

In fact I'm pretty sure I'm driving that car (the subaru) in EA WRC (which is a pretty good game in itself IMO)

*Nightwing

Banned
Not good enough.

Another real world road track is way too long overdue. Physics update from PD is 50/50 if it will improve/worsen, they should leave it alone if they can’t fix it.

Haven’t played GT7 in months since switching to 11 year old Assetto Corsa on PC and news of this update announcement made me delete GT7 from my PS5 to at least have 134GB free space for future use.

Still will always love GT7 as the game that gave me a taste of sim racing and made me seek out real sim racing games

Unknown?

Not good enough.

Another real world road track is way too long overdue. Physics update from PD is 50/50 if it will improve/worsen, they should leave it alone if they can’t fix it.

Haven’t played GT7 in months since switching to 11 year old Assetto Corsa on PC and news of this update announcement made me delete GT7 from my PS5 to at least have 134GB free space for future use.

Still will always love GT7 as the game that gave me a taste of sim racing and made me seek out real sim racing games
Yeah that's believable. /s *retard voice* this update made me delete my game and without even trying this I made assumptions of the physics.

Your physics comment implies you have some history with the franchise but the last comment implies GT7 was your first taste of sim racing so which is it?

Last edited:

*Nightwing

Banned
Yeah that's believable. /s *retard voice* this update made me delete my game and without even trying this I made assumptions of the physics.

Your physics comment implies you have some history with the franchise but the last comment implies GT7 was your first taste of sim racing so which is it?
Happy Clapping GIF
REAL RACING SIMS MAN!

That doesn't make any sense, but you do you.
Opps my bad! you smart internet sleuths don’t miss anything!

I needed 2 GB free to try First Descendant. Saw the July update video, and noped the fuck out of GT7. As opposed to deleting any of the other 10 games I don’t play anymore. This last straw for me in the lack of meaningful content added to GT7.

And yes, gran turismo is not a real sim it is a simcade, sorry the truth hurts your delicate sensibilities

Markio128

Gold Member

I needed 2 GB free to try First Descendant. Saw the July update video, and noped the fuck out of GT7. As opposed to deleting any of the other 10 games I don’t play anymore. This last straw for me in the lack of meaningful content added to GT7.

And yes, gran turismo is not a real sim it is a simcade, sorry the truth hurts your delicate sensibilities
full douche GIF

Unknown?

And yes, gran turismo is not a real sim it is a simcade, sorry the truth hurts your delicate sensibilit
Ah yes, now you sound fair. Sorry for my misbelief of your genuineness.

Skifi28

And yes, gran turismo is not a real sim it is a simcade

There is no real way to differentiate sim from simcade, that's just what people on forums came up with to try and downplay games they don't like to feel superior. If something aims for realism, it's generally a sim. Other sims being more accurate doesn't make something else not a sim. GT7 for example has much better physics than older sims on PC such as GT legends. Is GT legends not a sim anymore because it's older and less accurate? It's just nonsensical and the argument breaks apart the moment you add older games into the comparisons. Frankly I'm not even sure why we're discussing other games or the definition of a sim in a thread about a GT7 update, but here we are.

As for Assetto, I've been playing it for many years and I'd personally put it in the same category as GT7 as far as physics go, whatever you like to call it, but again you do you.

Last edited:

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University

I don’t even play this game and you sound like a two year old who saw someone with a toy you just don’t enjoy and you didn’t like that. Then you proceeded to yell at them clouds about it.

Then saying about internet sleuths whilst being on the internet and on a gaming website ya big ass nerd. I’m thinking you thought you had something here, didn’t you? You did have something, a lot of laughing pointed in your direction.

Who cares if it is a sim, arcade, high fantasy, etc? I’m really not understanding your idiotic tone here? Are you trying hard to be a warrior across the lost land of LAN? Are you trying to just be a moron?

I have showed this to 6 colleagues now and no one can get any grasp other than thinking your either a child on your parents account, or your a man with a mind of a child? Which is it?

I haven’t seen a post reek of such insecurities in quite a while now and I’m old.

Last edited:

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
Yes, after I retired from the Marines,I became a consultant for the F-35 ad because I earned my black belt in the Marine Corps, I consult on Parris Island for MCMAP which is the martial arts program or hand to hand combat.

You do not have colleagues at all? Boy, some of you just keep embarrassing yourselves, don’t you?

Last edited:

Unknown?

How about we get back on topic?

This is an awesome update and I can't wait to try the new physics. GT7 has expanded an insane amount since launch and is the best example of continuing to add value to your product. This will likely surpass GT3 to become the most popular GT of all time.

Senua

Gold Member
How about we get back on topic?

This is an awesome update and I can't wait to try the new physics. GT7 has expanded an insane amount since launch and is the best example of continuing to add value to your product. This will likely surpass GT3 to become the most popular GT of all time.
Doubtful, GT3 sold 15 million or something nuts like that. Do we know sales numbers on GT7?

Top Bottom