• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.49 brings six new cars, updated physics simulation model, and more on July 24

Draugoth

Gold Member
fce0e46c1550fb77cd73a50b69c9c27ddbc868f9.jpeg

Gran Turismo players! This month’s Update 1.49* for Gran Turismo 7 will be available as of July 24 at 11:00pm PST / July 25 at 7:00am BST / 3:00pm JST. Let’s dive into what’s new.

via PlayStation Blog

jm89

Hope theres something to help me with my s10 gold trophy license.. because holy shit its kicking my ass
Put on full assists, stay at a steady pace and avoid the wet sections.

Easier said then done, but i will say on my gold run i even made mistakes and still managed get gold cause i managed to maintain a decent pace, didn't need to be aggressive just carefull.

Last edited:

*Nightwing

Banned
I saw that I could borrow GT7 from my local library. I'm not really much for simulator games, but I like to experience stellar graphics. Is it one of the most gorgeous driving games available?
Yes, even against top notch realistic graphics sims on high end PC’s, the artistic direction in GT7 make it THE most gorgeous driving game available. And the physics are dumbed down perfectly for beginners and casuals to get into it and be competitive

I saw that I could borrow GT7 from my local library. I'm not really much for simulator games, but I like to experience stellar graphics. Is it one of the most gorgeous driving games available?

Man you have a pretty kick ass library.

Yes it’s gorgeous, and it’s a sim but it’s a console driving sim, it’s not overly hard or realistic. It’s just not Need for Speed or Forza Horizon.

Bernardougf

Put on full assists, stay at a steady pace and avoid the wet sections.

Easier said then done, but i will say on my gold run i even made mistakes and still managed get gold cause i managed to maintain a decent pace, didn't need to be aggressive just carefull.
It Is a no mistake 2.25 run ... its fucking crazy ... Ill try the assists because its my last gold trophy to obtain and I havent use any really.. maybe TCS 3 in some

MikeM

Gold Member
Especially on a VRR TV. The 120fps modes are different if it picks up VRR when compared to non-VRR 120fps mode.

Trilobit

Man you have a pretty kick ass library.

Yes it’s gorgeous, and it’s a sim but it’s a console driving sim, it’s not overly hard or realistic. It’s just not Need for Speed or Forza Horizon.

Great!

Yeah, I discovered it today. It has Returnal, Spider-Man 2, Avatar game among many others. I think it's shared among the municipality, but there didn't seem to be any waiting time on most games. Bit crazy.

jm89

It Is a no mistake 2.25 run ... its fucking crazy ... Ill try the assists because its my last gold trophy to obtain and I havent use any really.. maybe TCS 3 in some

Honestly i have no idea how i got gold with mistakes.

At the top of my head i screwed up the first hair pin, entry into the Eau Rouge and one bend i almost spun out. On all three occasions hard to be harsh on the brakes.

But yeah the assist you could try are counter steer to strong and TC to 5. The red brake markers are usefull aswell if your not using them. All those help you being a bit more brave.

Last edited:

Skifi28

Physics updates always scare me in GT, but the cars and track are pure nostalgia.

Edit: Do I gloat here for having golded all the licences?

Last edited:

skit_data

Gold Member
I was a bit bummed out by launch because there weren't enough ways to earn money (leading to a lot of grinding) but they have improved the game a lot since then. Easily the best GT ever IMO.

If you pick it up and isn't scared of going into more in depth tuning I strongly recommend checking out this dudes tuning sheets:

They have really helped me get a better sense of that whole aspect of the game and his tuning settings feels just right IMO.

Yes it is. Borrowing it is a shame, there is so much to do in this massive game. I bought it 6 months ago and i have a idea that i touched just the surface. I dont regret it one second. Its a game that keeps on giving....Polyphony kicks ass.
Disclaimer My opinion....😁

sncvsrtoip sncvsrtoip posted it yesterday in the OT. They scanned the whole mountain. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

And they are doing this for free updates.

I feel like this team has been future-proofing not only cars (this has been confirmed) as well as the tracks for future games.

I want to see what a Gran Turismo is capable of without the shackles of a previous gen holding it back though. Hopefully Gran Turismo 7 is exactly that.

Damigos

Excellent support from Polyphony. But i would really like to see a GT8 this gen and a GT9 next gen. Only one GT per gen is too little

I hope the

updated physics simulation model​

is good. The game hast the best graphics in the genre, but the physics model feels too old, and difficult to master with a controller.

My other request would be a half decent chase cam. GT7 has the worst 3rd person view camera I have ever seen in a car game

Con_Z_ǝdʇ

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
My other request would be a half decent chase cam. GT7 has the worst 3rd person view camera I have ever seen in a car game
Have you tried all the various settings to adjust the 3rd person camera like view type, camera sensitivity and axis offset? With a near setting as well as lower offset and sensitivity it's quite enjoyable.

Have you tried all the various settings to adjust the 3rd person camera like view type, camera sensitivity and axis offset? With a near setting as well as lower offset and sensitivity it's quite enjoyable.
I tried tinkering with it, but it always felt too stiff and like glued to the car

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
I found them easier than some of the GT4 golds. Mainly because controlling the cars is much more natural now
Yeah even with a dualsense it feels so great to drive. I’m hoping to get back to the one or two I have missed soon and finally get that platinum 🏆

lem0n

It's a gorgeous game, the thing you'll find most impressive is the lighting engine. It's unrivaled.

Top Bottom