• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Jindrael

Banned
Are Ygg Staffs worth using as magna weapons?

I have 2 now and don't know if I should lb one or keep both at 0* and just skill up them a bit.

garath

Aww. Missed the tail end of legfest with the shiny crystals. Saving for next time then. Already back up to 3500. Probably buy more weapon slots and maybe a storage for all these rusted weapons.

New event is much harder than the last one for me. The honor rewards are great though. Look at all those silver certs. Going to probably grind out the VH one solo to get honors points. Wishing for a dark team now lol.

Oh and that harp looks great for my eventual light team.

MiTYH

Damn, Raid monster is light. Dark is my WORST element - no summons, and my only good DARK units are an SSR which is (from tier lists) one of the worst. But, of course, LIGHT is my second best unit after WIND, and I love some LIGHT weapons/summons, so I'll still have to try and farm this event like crazy. Sigh, such is life

Rixa

Well. This will be the first event for me (in 3 months) where my opponent is weak element. Going to be fun.

kek

MicH

I've only managed to get four SSR characters (and their weapons) so far. No summons which really ducks. My Proto Bahamut is not really that good.

My SSRs are:

Metera (wind) AND Metera (fire)
Sara (earth)
Silva (water)

Are they any good at all?

MiTYH

I've only managed to get four SSR characters (and their weapons) so far. No summons which really ducks. My Proto Bahamut is not really that good.

My SSRs are:

Sara (earth)
Silva (water)

I can only speak to Metera, as she was one of my starting SSR units and I used her in a mixed bag while I got started.

A bit tricky to use with the seals she gains and managing them. Her first ability does AOE and her second ability gives Charm and a delay. Decent unit in my opinion, but I don't have much of a FIRE team so I rarely use her anymore

garath

My SSRs are:

Sara (earth)
Silva (water)

Sara is one of the best tanks in the game, certainly for earth and will help you through the early game. I use Metera wind on my wind team. She's a good damage dealer.

Uthred

Is there any way to identify a characters race in game? The character profile doesnt mention it and its not a sort or filter option in the character inventory. Decided to give the tweetdeck Bahamut "farming" a go, its tough to get into a raid, though I got my first horn from the only one I managed to get into so no complaints.

garath

Is it just me or is the game a laggy mess right now? On mobile I can't even play bingo. It keeps forcing me to reload and I'm missing bonus balls.

dennism

goddamn, if you're going to give us an event with this kind of story, then dont stop our progress by giving us only one impure scales man

(where can i find more????)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I'm still pretty impressed by the effort the devs put into the story, with an actual plot, voice acting, etc. I'm so used to gacha games being nothing but characters and damage numbers. Music is pretty good as well.

Is it worth using my dark characters if my weapon pool is 95% fire?! I'm guessing no. But I have a bunch of dark characters just hanging out on my bench, waiting to get some playing time, and this event seems like a good time.

garath

goddamn, if you're going to give us an event with this kind of story, then dont stop our progress by giving us only one impure scales man

(where can i find more????)

Do the very hard raid a few times.

I'm still pretty impressed by the effort the devs put into the story, with an actual plot, voice acting, etc. I'm so used to gacha games being nothing but characters and damage numbers. Music is pretty good as well.

Is it worth using my dark characters if my weapon pool is 95% fire?! I'm guessing no. But I have a bunch of dark characters just hanging out on my bench, waiting to get some playing time, and this event seems like a good time.

Very unlikely that even with the element bonus that a dark team will outdamage your main team with a good weapon pool.

Looks like the few people that have been afk for 4+ days haven't replied in here. I'll give them another day or so because of finals to send me a PM here or in discord. If they don't, we'll have three slots opening up in GAFantasy.

I will certainly apply for a spot in those 3. Definitely need to be in a crew before this next event starts.

IGN: Ludwig
ID: 11068466

EDIT: Event has started but ya know, waiting for a GAF opening in one of the 4 crews. Also the new event sounds extreme? I'm only rank 17, am I going to be able to do anything at all? Stan looks like a cool character to get.

MiTYH

Alright I think I missed something. How does this event work to get the summons for the raid battles? I've finished all the free ones and got the loyalty missions for Stan going

Azusa

if you are new player and decided to play as light (why) you should farm this event hard. Light summon - Druj- is very good for new light players. It aura gives 50% boost to light attack. Dark and light summons of this type isn't farmable and the only source of good light summon is gatcha. Most important to understand that this summon is only good for new players. When you get 4-5 chev (lumi) guns and max skill them then chev (lumi) summon is way better than this. Of cours if you are lucky to have lucifer, apollo or odin you can skip this summon.

qv2vBdr.png

To remove negative effect (hit to defence) you need to max limit break it (uncap).

SSR weapon - light harp.

N4qUTAc.png

Stats aren't good so you will want to max limit break it (uncap) ASAP. Its a nice weapon but mediocre at best. Use it temporarily and dont waste fodder to skill it up more than 5 levels.

OceanBlue

... Did I make a mistake going into light? I start dashed Sophia and got light SSRs during Legfest. I got dark and water summons though lol.

MiTYH

Alright I think I missed something. How does this event work to get the summons for the raid battles? I've finished all the free ones and got the loyalty missions for Stan going

Hm. Just did the extreme and unlocked more 0-ap quests. Maybe it'll be in there
EDIT: Nope all done. Very confused still

... Did I make a mistake going into light? I start dashed Sophia and got light SSRs during Legfest. I got dark and water summons though lol.

From what I've heard it's just a bigger grind, harder to get started

Chaos17

The story was nive in overall but kinda dragged toward the end and omg those raids -.-...

@Azusa : thank for the tips!
I will try to get that dragon then.

Gizuko

I'm probably going to focus on getting the harp and using it as skill fodder. Don't have a light team just yet and I do have Apollo, so neither the summon nor the weapons seem all that useful.

I'll farm Bakamut instead.

Hm. Just did the extreme and unlocked more 0-ap quests. Maybe it'll be in there
EDIT: Nope all done. Very confused still

Try those two quests below the story ones (in the event page). During last event those gave the items needed to summon.

Is it just me or is the game a laggy mess right now? On mobile I can't even play bingo. It keeps forcing me to reload and I'm missing bonus balls.

I was afraid that was my internet, but it's been running fin for the past 30 minutes and i'm still experiencing this reload problem.

I need only 12 more ifrti omega anima for the 3rd one D:

arevin01

The effort in voice acting is top notch, but the story and writing is gibberish.

MicH

I can only speak to Metera, as she was one of my starting SSR units and I used her in a mixed bag while I got started.

A bit tricky to use with the seals she gains and managing them. Her first ability does AOE and her second ability gives Charm and a delay. Decent unit in my opinion, but I don't have much of a FIRE team so I rarely use her anymore

Sara is one of the best tanks in the game, certainly for earth and will help you through the early game. I use Metera wind on my wind team. She's a good damage dealer.
Thank you so much for your input, guys. My two Metera are definitely my best damage dealers at the moment, but I'm happy to hear that Sara is good. I took a peek at her profile and saw that one of the skills I haven't unlocked yet is a 1000% defense buff?! That seems crazy

I definitely need to work on getting Druj as I have no SSR summons (but I don't really use any light units). My elements are all over the place. I think my best elements are wind and earth, but I don't have a healer for Earth yet

EDIT By the way, how do I get green and blue options to take with me into battles and Raids? I could really use that extra healing, but I can't figure out how to get them

Anyone here use Narumea? Maybe they can explain it better. According to the SSR chart:

Her stance changes make her very finicky about timing, but it shouldn't take you too long to get used to how she plays. You want to change stances every 3-4 turns to keep her attacks dealing additional weakness damage while stacking her +atk effect. You want to use her second ability while in Genji stance to give her multiple OD assassin attacks 3 turns in the future, and you also want to make sure she's in the correct stance for using Slow (Genji stance) or OD Assassin (Kagura stance). Once you get used to her timings and stance ougi effects, she is one of the most powerful attackers in the game. She was the first real experiment in the "attacks deal additional damage as X element" mechanic, and she was such a wild success that everyone with that mechanic after her (Limited Rosetta, SSR Ferry, and 5* Yuel) has been immediately hailed as broken.

So basically at the beginning of battle use the Genji stance first so she applies the slow debuff and then use her 2nd ability three turns later? So that she can do the assassin attacks? Do I have that right?

draw4wild

EDIT By the way, how do I get green and blue options to take with me into battles and Raids? I could really use that extra healing, but I can't figure out how to get them

Green potions you should get 2 of from being in a guild

Blue potions you can get one from requesting backup and one from posting chat/sticker in raid

linkent

i am seriously stuck at this game.
really hard do extreme Ifrit especially if the mobs on previous level doesnt drop potion.
how do we kill these high defense mob? only could kill it with 3 members Ougi.

even worse when all the debuffs missed on Ifrit especially gravity and fear.
his ultimate which is a 2 turns countdown just wipe the team.
how to even prevent these skill in the first place?

does weapons skill level has high impact on our stats?
where should i begin to farm R to skill up the weapons?

i am seriously stuck at this game.
really hard do extreme Ifrit especially if the mobs on previous level doesnt drop potion.
how do we kill these high defense mob? only could kill it with 3 members Ougi.

even worse when all the debuffs missed on Ifrit especially gravity and fear.
his ultimate which is a 2 turns countdown just wipe the team.
how to even prevent these skill in the first place?

does weapons skill level has high impact on our stats?
where should i begin to farm R to skill up the weapons?

I can't fight extreme Ifrit either, but that's because I'm still lower level + not a good enough weapon pool. Those henchmen hit me like a truck.

linkent

I can't fight extreme Ifrit either, but that's because I'm still lower level + not a good enough weapon pool. Those henchmen hit me like a truck.

I am using fire team of 3x70 with weapon which are mostly max level but level 1 skill level.
Could kill him few times if everything land perfectly but it has been missing for the last 3 runs. :(

It's so frustrating. I was thinking that getting MLB Ifrit will be useful in the long run but looks like i will need to slowly grind hard for him.

Totakeke

I have very good water element chars but even with that the high-def fodder is a pain. I usually spam all the summons I can just to take it down and retain my ougis for Ifrit. The water summon that gives 80%atk/20%hp can do like 70% damage to the mob so look for it on the friend list.

As for Ifrit himself you need to either burst him down before he gets to use his charged attack or have a ton of mitigation like Lily with 70%.

garath

I am using fire team of 3x70 with weapon which are mostly max level but level 1 skill level.
Could kill him few times if everything land perfectly but it has been missing for the last 3 runs. :(

It's so frustrating. I was thinking that getting MLB Ifrit will be useful in the long run but looks like i will need to slowly grind hard for him.

Yeah. Sounds like you're still pretty new to the game. Work on building out that weapon pool with colossus omega raids and skilling them up. Skill levels are very important to add to your damage. Just max level weapons alone won't be enough to take on harder content.

The game has a pretty nice progression curve. things you can't do today you will be able to do in a month if you keep at it. And in that month you'll have brand new tiers of challenges to undertake.

Ifrit will come back again. If you can even get one copy today that will be a solid win.

Anyone here use Narumea? Maybe they can explain it better. According to the SSR chart:

So basically at the beginning of battle use the Genji stance first so she applies the slow debuff and then use her 2nd ability three turns later? So that she can do the assassin attacks? Do I have that right?

Naru starts in Genji(lower), her skills Double/triple attack rate up nuke(2nd) and a slow(3rd). If you stance change to Kagura(upper) then the skills change to DEF down nuke depending on charge diamonds(2nd) and overdrive assassinate(3rd).

At the start, you do not want to use her slow since the enemy shouldn't have any charge diamonds at all. You can use her DA/TA buffed at the start then stance change after that. You'll want to time entering/leaving Kagura when the enemy hits overdrive. Once you get that down, you can start to time her stance changes/Ougis. First, OD assassin then swap to Genji and ougi inside that for the attack buff instead of Kagura for the debuff purge, to keep your damage progress going.

MicH

Green potions you should get 2 of from being in a guild

Blue potions you can get one from requesting backup and one from posting chat/sticker in raid
Thank you so much for your help. I figured out how to get the blue potions, but I still can't seem to find out how to get the green potions and I'm in a guild. Am I supposed to automatically get them or do I need to grab them from somewhere? Thanks again for your help!

Falk

that puzzling face
Thank you so much for your help. I figured out how to get the blue potions, but I still can't seem to find out how to get the green potions and I'm in a guild. Am I supposed to automatically get them or do I need to grab them from somewhere? Thanks again for your help!

It's a guild buff you buy with Rupee donations.

If you're like me you just farm coop till you have a shit ton of Rupee and donate a motherlode and demand it.

(I demanded rank up buff ehehehe)

Top Bottom