• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Which of the 3 is most valuable? Im sitting on 2100 CP and 6000 rupies atm.

SQYJ3lR.png

While we are at it how do you acquire Silver/Gold moons? I believe I received one bronze one from doing a ticket pull, but that's it.

Also from the daily Violet Dungeon do you have to complete it on EXTREME to have a chance of getting the mats needed to uncap your characters? Didn't know if I could grind it on Normal/Hard instead and save some AP.

While we are at it how do you acquire Silver/Gold moons? I believe I received one bronze one from doing a ticket pull, but that's it.

Also from the daily Violet Dungeon do you have to complete it on EXTREME to have a chance of getting the mats needed to uncap your characters? Didn't know if I could grind it on Normal/Hard instead and save some AP.

As far as I know, you can only get them by exchanging renown points for moons or getting dupes in gacha. Dupe SSR = Golden moon

Rixa

There are 2 ways
1. Pull dupe units from gacha
- R = Bronze moon
- SR = Silver moon
- SSR = Gold moon

2. Buy from Emblem shop (one each moon per month)
- Bronze moon = 10 Renown Pendants
- Silver moon = 100 Renown Pendants
- Gold moon = 1000 Renown Pendants

^^ You get RP from multibattles

I did use 50k rupees and reduced 4 Drujs and 1 Allosaurus, getting 10 Rainbow Prisms and some other stuff.

garath

I did use 50k rupees and reduced 4 Drujs and 1 Allosaurus, getting 10 Rainbow Prisms and some other stuff.

That's a great idea. I have no need of all the drujs I'm getting. I wonder if all my spare SSR tiamat will give good stuff too...

I do use it but if I have to use soul berries at all before joining the raid it will be full before I get in. During NA prime time, I can use them and still be one of the first people in

Just refill after a proto fight. If you are planning on camping tweetdeck, be full ready to go. You will lose some EP regen sure but it's worth it to get more proto fights.

garath

Asking again since it wasn't answered.

Probably based on need. You won't get a lot unless you are spending a lot of money. I have like 160 myself. I'll probably hold onto them until I'm really close to guild wars character and I need certain items that are harder to get. Like maybe rainbow crystals or blue crystals. Can't get many with such a small amount. Would save a few days of farming at best.

Velinos

Asking again since it wasn't answered.

I was tempted to trade one for 10 blue tomes that I need to uncap some characters. Maybe I'll keep grinding and hope they drop.

On another note, are SR weapons worth uncapping? My understanding is that you need another copy of the same weapon in order to uncap, but I have yet to see a duplicate SR weapon.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I was tempted to trade one for 10 blue tomes that I need to uncap some characters. Maybe I'll keep grinding and hope they drop.

On another note, are SR weapons worth uncapping? My understanding is that you need another copy of the same weapon in order to uncap, but I have yet to see a duplicate SR weapon.

Magma SRs are worth it. Normal SRs are hard to level break unless it's from an event where you get multiple (like the current event).

garath

Don't trade the stones for something easy to get in a daily dungeon, like tomes.

Some SR weapons are definitely worth uncapping. SR weapons from omega raids for example. They will provide the backbone of your weapon pool for awhile as you hunt for the elusive SSR omega weapons. As you start farming for them you'll see dupes all the time.

Wanchan

Haha, got tired of bahamut and the dagger not dropping, decided to uncap Amira and her Fate Quest is to fight A FUCKING BAHAMUT are you kidding me VIDEO GAME? lol.

I feel trolled and bullied.

I feel like Ive ran into the 1st wall in the game for new players.

My characters (Anchira, Korwa, Narumea, Vira, and Heles) are all max level (40) and I cannot uncap them due to not having the needed ingredients.

Yet at the same time, it seems like all the ingredients I need drop from the Very Hard or Extreme difficulty levels of the daily dungeons which my party currently cannot beat without dying.

Any tips for getting around this hurdle? I'm sure I am not the first person to run into this wall.

I'm using all the SSR weapons that I got along with the characters from the Gacha pulls as well as any other SR weapons I've collected through story mode.

garath

I am so over this light extreme dungeon. I ran it at least 25 times today. It's just challenging enough that I need to pay close attention too.

But I'm done with it. Have everything but a single orb which I can trade in the shop tomorrow.

Now back to silver certs and the event. 14 more certs and one star angel hour and I'll have my element change for the GW weapon. Will be a pretty sizeable boost. Picking up 7 points instantly.

OceanBlue

My characters (Anchira, Korwa, Narumea, Vira, and Heles) are all max level (40) and I cannot uncap them due to not having the needed ingredients.

Yet at the same time, it seems like all the ingredients I need drop from the Very Hard or Extreme difficulty levels of the daily dungeons which my party currently cannot beat without dying.

Any tips for getting around this hurdle? I'm sure I am not the first person to run into this wall.

I'm using all the SSR weapons that I got along with the characters from the Gacha pulls as well as any other SR weapons I've collected through story mode.
IIRC all of my SSRs uncapped from 40 using items I got in Hard dungeons.

garath

It's been awhile since I uncapped from 40 but I'm fairly certain you can get pretty much anything you need at this point with the team you have. You most definitely do not need to do the extreme dungeon.

The game has a pretty smooth progression curve. I really haven't hit any "walls" per se. Anything that seemed out of reach didn't need to be tackled at that point unless I wanted to force the issue with hardcore grinding (like my inane desire to work on a guild wars character)

Try running the hard daily for the components you need a few times. It doesn't always drop immediately. Or you might need silver animas which don't drop from dailies at all. Those come from the hard version of that raid primarily.

What stuff do you need? Post a screenshot.

MyvTeddy

Neo Member
Just started playing and I actually really like granblue (the english translation helps a lot too). Is it worth going through the effort of rerolling for an SSR? (I'm no stranger to rerolls. stupid jp ffrk).

I also got a weapon draw ticket or something for playing 2 days and pulled illusion sceptor/magisa.

kiryogi

Banned
Just started playing and I actually really like granblue (the english translation helps a lot too). Is it worth going through the effort of rerolling for an SSR? (I'm no stranger to rerolls. stupid jp ffrk).

I also got a weapon draw ticket or something for playing 2 days and pulled illusion sceptor/magisa.

You already got yourself an SSR :eek:

muu

I was reading around and saw like bahamut, lucifer and grande is really good and I was like "o, is that worth rerolling for even though I have an SSR?". Just wanted to ask.

If you want to make a reroll "worth it" You'll want to wait till the end-of-month legend fests or whenever a time-limited SSR pops up. Luke and Baha are powerful, but unless you're throwing gobs of money at the game you'll likely have an end-game setup that only requires your buddy summon to be the luke/baha summons.

It's been awhile since I uncapped from 40 but I'm fairly certain you can get pretty much anything you need at this point with the team you have. You most definitely do not need to do the extreme dungeon.

The game has a pretty smooth progression curve. I really haven't hit any "walls" per se. Anything that seemed out of reach didn't need to be tackled at that point unless I wanted to force the issue with hardcore grinding (like my inane desire to work on a guild wars character)

Try running the hard daily for the components you need a few times. It doesn't always drop immediately. Or you might need silver animas which don't drop from dailies at all. Those come from the hard version of that raid primarily.

What stuff do you need? Post a screenshot.

Cyclone Orbs from Tuesday's dungeon
Gale scrolls from Wednesday's dungeon
Flawless Prisms from Thursday's dungeon

Sorry for no SS I'm on mobile as Internet is down

garath

Cyclone Orbs from Tuesday's dungeon
Gale scrolls from Wednesday's dungeon
Flawless Prisms from Thursday's dungeon

Sorry for no SS I'm on mobile as Internet is down

Yeah. Definitely hard mode will give those up pretty quick. You can also collect the lower tier components and trade them up in the shop. So just do the hardest daily you can do quickly and it'll come.

draw4wild

Got my first vice MVP on a Luminara, I was still about 2 million damage away tho. It's hard for me to compete with the rank 100+ people since I have to call them in early because I don't have dispel yet. My sidewinder and superstar are both 15+ then I can start to unlock bishop

May's schedule is out

Sakura Wars collab is next event, lasts from like the 13th to the 23rd so long event

Then everyone's favorite guild wars

And finally another story event

Chaos17

Hi,

I've a lot of SR weapons thanks to the events, should I keep some of them or can I use them level up my SSR weapons ?

3vldBGN.png

Rixa

Hi,

I've a lot of SR weapons thanks to the events, should I keep some of them or can I use them level up my SSR weapons ?

Use those "Exp boost" weapons to level your ssr, maybe your sr too. If you still got more than enough Exp fodder, use them to level your character.

Star Legend is back.
Phase 1 units
Phase 2 summons

captainpat

Anybody have an tips for this challenge battle? I get the guys health half way and then he uses forced breath and it's over everytime

demidar

Anybody have an tips for this challenge battle? I get the guys health half way and then he uses forced breath and it's over everytime

Use Stan's Protection on Aliza when you think you're attacks will reduce Druj to less than half health, which is the trigger for Druj to use Force Breath regardless of charge diamonds..

Yaari

I think I'll pass on the star legend. Surprise ticket seems like a much better deal.

It is, but much more rare. And unpredictable. Could be months until it returns again.

I'm now at a point where I have a 50% chance to get a dupe with the amount of SSRs I already have. So not going for Star Legend anymore.

garath

It is, but much more rare. And unpredictable. Could be months until it returns again.

I'm now at a point where I have a 50% chance to get a dupe with the amount of SSRs I already have. So not going for Star Legend anymore.

Ouch yeah. Paying 26 and change for a gold moon would be unfortunate.

Noi

Did Star Legend. Got the hot potato and two bronze moons.

Getting 9x Rares as the rest of my pull kinda stung, but at least I have three fire SSR to round out that element now.

garath

So I can solo the yggdrasil omega with my wind team. That's handy but I'm struggling with tiamat. I can't get any debuffs to land as dark fencer even with 3 stars in the debuff extended skills.

Is there another class I should use? Maybe holy saber and just try to straight mitigate the damage? My team isn't a burst team. More of a slow burn as I ramp up Rosetta stacks. I don't have a birdman or anything.

My team is:

Petra
Lennah or Metera
Rosetta

Darn the last item I want from this event is the harp but its 300 gold badges. I dont know if I can get 100 more in the time remaining :(

Drew another druj though, one more and he will be fully uncapped I think.

Top Bottom