• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Granblue Fantasy |OT| English Translation available as of 2016/04/11!

Kortez

Neo Member
Hoping to pull Agni someday cause I want to skip the Colo madness...

Im doing something similar going with Hades to avoid that horrid celeste grind (still grinding her just dont get as mad when I get no drops for the millionth time). Thanks to my whaling I actually have a few 3 star and 2 star gacha weapons plus some other maxed weapons from events. So yea, screw you (for now) Celeste!

Liseda

god, at the same time I'm really disappointed that I haven't pulled any SSRs at all even if I've done paid 10pulls (I just wanted zooey ok)

but at the other hand, I have seriously more than doubled the amount of celeste axes in just 3~ grinding sessions during this magnafest.

started with 7 axes and now I have 14. (bought 1) (and 3 fists)

at least celeste is nice to me

3Kaze

god, at the same time I'm really disappointed that I haven't pulled any SSRs at all even if I've done paid 10pulls (I just wanted zooey ok)

but at the other hand, I have seriously more than doubled the amount of celeste axes in just 3~ grinding sessions during this magnafest.

She's being a bitch to me, gave me like 10 selfies and 0 weapons.

Kortez

Neo Member

Whaaaaaat you got that many axes? All she gives me are selfies and spears, I have ONE axe. Ive fought her at least 1000 times overall so your luck is insane.

Liseda

Whaaaaaat you got that many axes? All she gives me are selfies and spears, I have ONE axe. Ive fought her at least 1000 times overall so your luck is insane.
wish I kept statistics, this is from memory only (other than the amount of kills)
600 kills
6 axes
2 spears
2 harps
3 fists
15 selfies

I basically just activate drop rate journey drop, crew drop rate buff and spend one hour during strike time one punching celeste and join new raids for a hour which usually equals close to 2 celestes a min
very lucky that I've received so little spears/harps compared to axes lol

PTr3j9b.png

After getting nothing but selfies and harps, Celeste finally blessed me with an axe and a spear. Would've preferred a claw instead of a spear, but i'll take it as i finally have a decent Dark pool skeleton.

sd28821

either they will properly rebalance him or we will see how you nerf a shit tier character into something worse .

also What is play testing

Gizuko

The day people ask Sarunan to be nerfed has come, and now even light Saru has a purpose (cross-fate episode with DSarunan).

At this rate, they might make Monkey ticketeable by mistake.

So you can still pull off this combo in HL battles? :V

yeah, you could ohko omega chev since summer zoey came out and not like cygames cared enough to do anything about that lol

The day people ask Sarunan to be nerfed has come, and now even light Saru has a purpose (cross-fate episode with DSarunan).

At this rate, they might make Monkey ticketeable by mistake.

hey light saru can help you survive a skyfall so he's not completely useless lol

Might be a stupid question, but if I get a surprise ticket, what character do you suggest I get? Just linked the weapons and the characters I have. http://i.imgur.com/lJgp0AN.png http://i.imgur.com/eer8wze.png

a water or earth team looks good for you since you got some good units in there
for water, it can be yoda to cheese everything, atalair for buffs, lancelot for attacking
harder to say for earth, althenia or eustace or nenome for attacking or cag/arulumya for whatever support you can call that

i would say yoda though since you do have two water units that can help protect him and gives you a really easy cheese your way through stuff button

MicH

Might be a stupid question, but if I get a surprise ticket, what character do you suggest I get? Just linked the weapons and the characters I have. http://i.imgur.com/lJgp0AN.png http://i.imgur.com/eer8wze.png
Get Yoda. He's insanely good early on and will remain useful for a long time. SSR Katalina is a great character so your water team already looks pretty good.

Sara is the best tank in the game and will help you farm Leviathan Omega for water SSRs later on too

Rainy

Banned
Thanks for the advice everyone! So how many dollars in USD is 3000 mobacoins? Also how do you guys usually go about buying stuff in-game?

Liseda

jAy8uCi.jpg

woah okay, game just punched me in the face after all the luck from celeste lol

feels great being able to finally kill EX stuff easily though

Thanks for the advice everyone! So how many dollars in USD is 3000 mobacoins? Also how do you guys usually go about buying stuff in-game?
through the android app with my bankcard.

Sounds like you already made your decision, but to reiterate what's been said: Yoda, Yoda, Yoda. SSR Kat will be useful pretty much forever and you need an early-game attacker for your water team at the moment.

I was lucky enough to have both Yoda and Sara early on as well which makes events and story battles easy. Those two characters complement each other very well in Grand Order teams which is what I relied on back when I started (and funnily enough, what I cleared the first story arc boss with).

Sounds like you already made your decision, but to reiterate what's been said: Yoda, Yoda, Yoda. SSR Kat will be useful pretty much forever and you need an early-game attacker for your water team at the moment.

I was lucky enough to have both Yoda and Sara early on as well which makes events and story battles easy. Those two characters complement each other very well in Grand Order teams which is what I relied on back when I started (and funnily enough, what I cleared the first story arc boss with).

The Yodarha/Sara tag team is what I'm using as a newer person myself, along with the SummerFille I rolled during rerolls. The two together can play a very good game of "protect the Yoda", and you won't have a lot of trouble with most bosses (and Yoda still does appreciable damage even outside a 3-stack ougi!)

Rainy

Banned
Would someone mind explaining Yoda's shroud mechanics to me? Not sure I quite understand em.

Like I don't get how the damage he does after his ougi is calculated. Sometimes he does 666,666, sometimes he does 999,999.

3Kaze

Would someone mind explaining Yoda's shroud mechanics to me? Not sure I quite understand em.

He starts with 3 shrouds. Each action consumes 1 shroud, and is enhanced by it (triple attack, double damage, aggro).
He takes double damage when he has no shroud.
He gets all the shrouds back every 3 turns (at the beginning of the 4th turn).

His ougi consumes all the shrouds.
1 = 333333 true damage
2 = 666666 true damage
3 = 999999 true damage

Rainy

Banned
He starts with 3 shrouds. Each action consumes 1 shroud, and is enhanced by it (triple attack, double damage, aggro).
He takes double damage when he has no shroud.
He gets all the shrouds back every 3 turns (at the beginning of the 4th turn).

His ougi consumes all the shrouds.
1 = 333333 true damage
2 = 666666 true damage
3 = 999999 true damage

Okay got it, and I assume if he does the ougi with no shrouds he just does the regular ougi damage with no additional?

3Kaze

Okay got it, and I assume if he does the ougi with no shrouds he just does the regular ougi damage with no additional?

Yeah. And he becomes very vulnerable for the next 3 turns when you do the ougi with 3 shrouds.

Edit : sorry, he gets the shrouds back every 4 turns

I'd like to call for attention of all GAFCypher members who have been slacking on GW so far (And haven't checked discord), please attain the 10 million point per member goal.

A good number of members haven't gathered their points and we should have reached our minimum goal of 300 million by now.

Once again, I need to stress that please focus on GW first, and reach your minimum contribution goal. Magfes is here till the 5th, GW isn't.

Thanks for reading.

chrono01

I'd like to call for attention of all GAFCypher members who have been slacking on GW so far (And haven't checked discord), please attain the 10 million point per member goal.

A good number of members haven't gathered their points and we should have reached our minimum goal of 300 million by now.

Once again, I need to stress that please focus on GW first, and reach your minimum contribution goal. Magfes is here till the 5th, GW isn't.

Thanks for reading.
I have a bit more meat that I'll use in a bit, as well as farm a bit more. I spent quite a bit during the Strike Time, but unfortunately, I didn't have time to run it the full hour (damn you, real-life responsibilities!). It takes me slightly longer to do it without ST, but alas, I will suffer through it!

CqmmTEkVIAEw19E.jpg

Star Legend today
Man, Star Legend and Surprise Tickets galore! I'm only going for the Surprise Ticket though, and am waiting a few more days to buy it so it'll be valid past the LegFes (in case I pull anything decent there).

Top Bottom