• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV thread of hype and stray bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cardon said:
Well Opie voices an Irish gang member and Anthony seems to be doing some v.o for the radio commercials. And Lazlow rules, by far one of my favorite parts of the game.

I know im going out of the limb here but wouldnt it be sweet if somehow when you hopped into a vehicle you could switch the the opie and anthony show and here them live?

That would rock my sox. Just have to be connected to PSN or XBL is all.

Cardon

BakedPigeon said:
I know im going out of the limb here but wouldnt it be sweet if somehow when you hopped into a vehicle you could switch the the opie and anthony show and here them live?

That would rock my sox. Just have to be connected to PSN or XBL is all.

I would love for that to happen.

Grimm Fandango said:
In all seriousness, is Saint's Row one of the better clones? I never tried it but I always heard good things.

It might be a fun distraction to make the wait go by faster and to appreciate GTAIV more.
It is an OK clone. Better than Godfather. Better than True Crime:NYC. However, it has some bugs that pop up every once in while. The bugs can actually make things kinda funny. :lol Search youtube for Saints Row Bugs.

kylej said:
50076lcpd_response.jpg
What is in that police badge logo in the upper left. I think it is two cops beating & dragging a perp. :lol

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
speculawyer said:
What is in that police badge logo in the upper left. I think it is two cops beating & dragging a perp. :lol

It is :lol

And I love the stoic stance of all the cops. Ones saluting, the other with a hand over his heart

DrBo42

alr1ghtstart said:
mitten hands. :(

How are they still unable to make human hands in GTA? Come on Rockstar, it's really distracting. In a cutscene where the actor is using his hands to convey something, it's all I can look at or think about.

HolyStar

Banned
DrBo42 said:
How are they still unable to make human hands in GTA? Come on Rockstar, it's really distracting. In a cutscene where the actor is using his hands to convey something, it's all I can look at or think about.

This

GUYS

Im playing Vice city stories on my ps2 right now and am doing the ambulance missions. Now my vehicle is almost completely destroyed. What can I do about this? Is there a cheat to restore the ambulance's health?

oh there are checkpoints.... nvm

ashiato

kylej said:
looks like Rockstar is finally putting up those leaked wanted posters around New York

68334gta_iv_wanted_poster.jpg

If Jason Statham is in that area he might be in trouble then. Are we agreed they used his face as the model for Niko?

kylej

Banned
ashiato said:
If Jason Statham is in that area he might be in trouble then. Are we agreed they used his face as the model for Niko?

maybe a little of him and a lot of the Behind Enemy Lines guy

enemy4.jpg
=
409463385_gta_iv_artwork_niko_bellic_shotgun.jpg

kylej

Banned
Wowhawk said:
I'll buy that wanted poster if it was on eBay.

Go to Kinkos, print it on some nice quality paper and save yourself some money :)

edit. this is the leaked poster which isn't the same as the poster found in Brooklyn but it's still cool

I cant wait to open that plastic wrapping and wedge my nose in-between the case opening and let the sweet sweet aroma of fresh software GTA4 goodness tickle my nose hairs.

This is the only game im looking forward to for the first half of the year......

Teknoman

BakedPigeon said:
I cant wait to open that plastic wrapping and wedge my nose in-between the case opening and let the sweet sweet aroma of fresh software GTA4 goodness tickle my nose hairs.

This is the only game im looking forward to for the first half of the year......

Seriously?...damn you're lucky :lol

GTA 4, DMC4, Lost Odyssey, Smash Bros Brawl, FFVII Crisis Core, and God of War Chains of Olympus are all what I have to deal with

Tr4nce

brucelito said:

Very nice!

I was just thinking about playing GTA4 (yes, I finally dare to think about that) and I really hope that Rockstar will put in an option much like Assassin's Creed, so that you can completely turn of the HUD, or parts of it. Adds to the immersiveness.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Apparently, there's another new AP screenshot released that shows Niko in a stolen police car. I'm hoping it is a shot of the interior. A cookie and maybe a bit of nookie to the one who finds it.

Dabanton

Tr4nce said:
Very nice!

I was just thinking about playing GTA4 (yes, I finally dare to think about that) and I really hope that Rockstar will put in an option much like Assassin's Creed, so that you can completely turn of the HUD, or parts of it. Adds to the immersiveness.

Someone i know was invited to see the game i asked him about the hud he said.

There's very little in the way of a HUD actually. The radar is in the bottom left of the screen with health and armour in a circle around it, and that's it. Wanted stars only appear in the top right when they're active, and the money and time is displayed on your phone which you have to bring up separately.

Tr4nce

Dabanton said:
Someone i know was invited to see the game i asked him about the hud he said.

This is why I love GAF! Thanks, brother! If it's true, and I have no reason to assume that its not, then it would be very nice.

Those bullet holes look awesome.

Dabanton said:
There's very little in the way of a HUD actually. The radar is in the bottom left of the screen with health and armour in a circle around it, and that's it. Wanted stars only appear in the top right when they're active, and the money and time is displayed on your phone which you have to bring up separately.

That's really good, actually.

ZmillA

Banned
Wowhawk said:
captda73155f3f6042b9b2acd2c38e82d6a.jpg

I wonder how many bullet holes you can make before they disappear?

those are the best bullet holes ive seen in a video game. And niko was definetly modeled after that "behind enemy lines" guy

bud

the hands do look improved, but they still animate kinda like in the previous games--it looks really off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom