• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto IV thread of hype and stray bullets

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoUltima

Official Site Seems to be up
New screens?
063.jpg

060.jpg

057.jpg

058.jpg

--nvm--

MaddenNFL64 said:
GTA4 definitely has more style than Saints Row artistically. And going the realism route will set it far apart from SR2. Now I wanna see if GTA4 can be as well executed gameplay wise as Saints Row was.

Saints Row has already lost that battle if you've read up on GTA4 ;)

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
The new flash site is bunk in Firefox/XP. City areas don't load, character profiles all "Undefined".

Guess I have to try IEeeeeee...

edit: Nope, same shit in IE. Have latest Flash, too. Weird.

MMaRsu

Littleberu said:
Ahaha shut the fuck up. Please.

What? Why?

I can't say that the walking animations are rough? I'm looking forward to this game as I'm a big GTA fan, but I'm just stating a fact.

I can say that just as much as when people talk shit about every single thing in every single Saints Row thread ( which I also like alot ).

So no, you.

Arkham said:
The new flash site is bunk in Firefox/XP. City areas don't load, character profiles all "Undefined".

Guess I have to try IEeeeeee...

edit: Nope, same shit in IE. Have latest Flash, too. Weird.
Same here. Opera, Firefox, IE all don't work. I just updated today too. Maybe this new update is screwy?

shagg_187 said:
My main interest in life is:

"Totally P0wning people on message boards"

:lol :lol :lol oh god i cant stop laughing!

EDIT:

mboringloser.jpg

:lol :lol

:lol

Makes it amusing that the one guy working on the Simpsons game was taking shots at GTA's brand a humor.

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
hey i only get a big pic of the city, some music and a line of text, i can`t access anything more, wtf?. where do i click?.

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
JPBrowncoat said:
Same here. Opera, Firefox, IE all don't work. I just updated today too. Maybe this new update is screwy?

Dunno what's up. Wondered if it might have been Flash's security (Stupid web-based control panels!!!), but I've allowed the rockstar.com and still can't use the site properly.

star junction looks really packed in the Whiz video- lots of different peds and cars. Hooray!

With the liberty swingers, do y'all think there are actually baseball games happening every night? i want to land a helicopter in the field mid-game and start shooting.

Ranger X

Is it means or i can see some Euphoria effect in the Roman Bellic video?

Watch when he's hit by the car and also at the end when he's drunk. Never seen such animations in GTA before.

Wollan

Can already tell I will dig Roman Bellic.

And the mocap on that drunken scene is pretty impressive. Something very realistic about it and 'full scale'.

'Not everything I tell you is bullshit.' :lol

Arkham

The Amiga Brotherhood
Himuro said:
I'm late guys. What I miss? :D

Nothing. Site's not working for a lot of people, and I am beginning to suspect those other guys posting things are just making it up. ;)

newsguy

Ranger X said:
Is it means or i can see some Euphoria effect in the Roman Bellic video?

Watch when he's hit by the car and also at the end when he's drunk. Never seen such animations in GTA before.

Yeah that's the scene described in the previews. Euphoria is in full effect there. You also see it for a split second when the car hits him.

Falch

Haha that site is great. Gotta love Rockstar.

Guess i'm gonna have to get a nextgen system for this game.

Wollan

I don't think it's Euphoria in the drunken scene. That's too perfect, probably mo-capped cut-scene leading into the gameplay part.

Stantron

notjackbauer said:
With the liberty swingers, do y'all think there are actually baseball games happening every night? i want to land a helicopter in the field mid-game and start shooting.
:lol There should be an achievement if you're able to snipe all visitor players on the field before they're able to scramble back into the dugout. /shit-eating-grin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom