• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

0_0.jpg

This is the unholy son of Misty and Claude. He spent all his money on cars and guns and so he lives in his free garage.

Where's the free garage?

Derrick01

Banned
Was online with 2 friends when one of them dropped from the game.. his character stayed in our game hiding behind a car. He could not get back online and here is the kicker. His 98% single player save will not load now either. So his single player game starts over.. and he still today can not log onto the online portion. He said after playing nearly 100 hours he is just done with it, so upset. This happened last night post patch.

So backup your saves people...

If this game has done anything for me it's appreciate the automatic save backup on PS+. Never really paid any attention to it before this game.

Arcteryx

They really need to implement a 10-30s protection upon leaving LSC. Everyone seems to be camping it now to steal the money from players selling cars.

0_0.jpg

This is the unholy son of Misty and Claude. He spent all his money on cars and guns and so he lives in his free garage.

Free garage?

Im guessing that's a CE bonus?

Out of interest, if you own an apartment with a garage attached, can you also own a separate garage? A high end garage and apartment could allow you to store potentially 20 cars between them?

Dug

Banned
Free garage?

Out of interest, if you own an apartment with a garage attached, can you also own a separate garage? A high end garage and apartment could allow you to store potentially 20 cars between them?

I know. I have like, $40K. I don't know how people are getting so rich.

CE only I believe

Yeah, it's a shitty 2 car garage, near the LS Customs in east LS.

Where's the free garage?
It's for joining social club. You will see a two car garage for free on dynasty8 website after joining.

Any half-decent support would respond with a prewritten message linking to the latest public statement or at least leave the request open until a solution is found. I don't see the point in employing people just to mark unresolved requests as solved as quickly as possible.

But they do send mass replies / automatic responses. That's what I received after submitting a ticket:

Hi,

You are receiving this automatic ticket update because you have an open Support request about Grand Theft Auto Online.

We have released a Title Update today that may resolve your issue. To download the Title Update, reboot your console and launch the game while connected to the Internet. For the list of fixes, see:

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc...-October-4-2013-GTA-V-Title-Update-1-02-Notes

If you are still experiencing any problems after applying the update, or if you believe you are incorrectly receiving this message and still need assistance, please respond to this email to assign the ticket back to us. We will do our best to resolve any remaining issues as quickly as possible. In the meantime, please check out our knowledge-base to see if we are already working on the problem you’re reporting:

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/categories/200013306

In particular, we will be continuing to provide updates on the status of Grand Theft Auto Online launch issues on this page, where you can subscribe for automatic email notifications whenever there is news:

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200426246

If you experienced loss of online rank, items, apartments, and/or cash balance due to server instability during the first few days of launch, rest assured that we will be working as quickly as possible to address these issues on our back-end. At this time, you do not need to do anything further and you can continue playing in the meantime. For updates, please subscribe to:

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200435267

Please note that our Technical Support Representatives do not have further information at this time about lost data for individual accounts, and are not currently able to restore progress. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, and recommend subscribing to the article for all updates about restoration.

Hope to see you Online and thanks for your patience through this launch,

R* Support

If you're refering to their support forums, it's common practice to close dupes. There is no sense in answering the same question 50.000 times.

DogMeat77

Free garage?

The social club claimed that by joining you would get a free garage... but it lied.

Source

Trigger

So is body armor supposed to stay on the character even after the effect wears off? It's a bit of an eye sore, but I haven't though too much about it since I'm in combat so frequently.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
So is body armor supposed to stay on the character even after the effect wears off? It's a bit of an eye sore, but I haven't though too much about it since I'm in combat so frequently.

yeah, you can take it off in your inventory. It's just another cosmetic item.

Well there go's my level 19 character, my 135k apartment and all my cash, been on since day 1 with litte or no problems, go fuck yourself rockstar my time is to important theses days...... I will not be junping back in

Xbox if anyone cares... Also it never gave me any corrupted shit, I just downloaded the patch and was being forced to create another character

Major pissed

djm

Level 18 deleted/missing character reporting in. Pretty disappointed if it's actually gone, but I guess it frees me of this whole thing. Thankful I didn't re-up on Live to play, if such is the case.

Here's hoping it's just cloud server issues. The character select screen shows my actual bank balance, so that's slightly disheartening.

red731

It just a cosmetic stuff. Hold select, go to invetory and search for armor - press left or tight on dpad.
I noticed that even if you have the armor bar filled, you can put the cosmetic armor on your avatar away.

ed: beaten and endangered

ViciousDS

Banned
the servers are being dumb. it loads my crew and nothing else. restart game loads bank money, no character and crew is still there. Restart game again loads bank money but says I am in no crew..... wtf is going on

Arcteryx

On top of the Batti RR Stronza and the Elegy, these are my go-to cars:

0_0loll9.jpg

F620
0_0czlx4.jpg

Felon GT

If you're after the most buck for selling a car, the Felon GT variant brings in $9500(normal is $9000).

Took me forever to find the F620 until someone screenshotted a place it spawns at along Vespucci Beach(apparently it does the same in MP too).

Lima

So people are still losing their characters? I'm close to 80 and would fuck them up if my character gets deleted.

dmix90

It seems that i lost my second 15lvl character....Holy mother oh god! Its time to stop playing this bullshit, but thing is so addicting :( Anyone get their character back after some time?My character list in-game is empty, social club page wiped out too. Any chance?

jacobs34

So what you guys are saying is stay off GTA Online right now? Wanted to get a few jobs done before the NFL games start, but I don't want to lose my lvl 28 character.

ViciousDS

Banned
It seems that i lost my second 15lvl character....Holy mother oh god! Its time to stop playing this bullshit, but thing is so addicting :( Anyone get their character back after some time?My character list in-game is empty, social club page wiped out too. Any chance?

I'm giving it time seems data is kept in clusters..... meaning we got the garbage third party company Lol.

it's loading bits of data over time. first I have nothing even crew wasn't loading. now I'm at money in bank and crew loading but still no character.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Yep. But the section for helmets does not show up for me. The last section under hats for me is "Ear Defenders".

Do you have to reach a certain level to unlock them?

Oh, strange, I don't remember having to unlock them they were just there.

It's unfortunate that there isn't a lot to do in the overworld... especially when you're a lower level. For anybody starting the game in lvels 0 - 10, you basically can only rob stores and that gets old pretty fast. I think R* should have tweaked that better so that there are more activities to play at the beginning.

There also aren't enough PvE matches either. My friends and I want to do missions against the computer, not only against other people. And so you might get 1 Simeon mission, but then, it's back to PvP. It's... weird. I was expecting a lot more coop opportunities... And so far, you might get 1 coop opportunity once in a blue moon. Also, what's the del with jobs disappearing? Like, Simeon will invite me to a job and then the net time I go to play it won't be there anymore..

Playing in my first 16 player game right now though ... LTS mode is awesome, this should be pretty sublime. Also I like that just about evrybody is around my rank (9) in this game. There's no rank 20s or 30s coming in and dominating

Dug

Banned
Drank about 5 bottles of whiskey in my apartment. Then I got kicked for no reason. How many votes do you need to get kicked?

Segaswirl

Turned the 360 on this morning only to find my level 44 character is gone along with my 400k apartment. When I logged off last night I only had 15k in the bank... I still have that now but no character.

I haven't started a new one just in case my old one comes back. I'm not too pissed about it tbh, R* said there would be problems... we are basically beta testers right now it seems. I would like this problem to be sorted out before jumping back in though.

J4g3r

Just jumped in a game with a 7k bounty on my head. I bet the three people who came after me didn't see that Merryweather Backup Helicopter coming... :D

Tevious

Are PS3 servers down AGAIN? I can't get in freemode.

I just spent the last couple hours doing Violent Duct by myself (I did it earlier with some guys). I've also gotten pretty good at it now. I now have 525k plus I spent about 100k in weapon upgrades and ammo at Ammunation. Now I want to buy a nice place. Seems to have saved at least, cause my profile is correct on Social Club website.

Just jumped in a game with a 7k bounty on my head. I bet the three people who came after me didn't see that Merryweather Backup Helicopter coming... :D

Wait wut you can get back up helicopters?
Also on missions?

Pooring one out for the folks that lost their characters..

pour-one-out.jpg

Seen a lot of talk about replaying missions, not sure how to do it myself.
Can anyone help me out?

After a mission, at the screen where you can select whether you liked it or not, pull the right trigger on the 360 version, and I guess R2 on the PS3. You may have to input whether you liked the map or not first, but either way don't hit A (of X) to Continue.

Can't remember what level I unlocked it at. (I'm 23 now)

I can call MERRYWEATHER and for the price of 5k, they send a helicopter to back me up.

At level 50 you unlock airstrikes...!

Now that you mention it, i did saw something about being able to call in a helicopter i just thought that was for an weapon drop :p
Im half way to 24 right now hope to unlock AR this evening but i need to finish a part of an school rapport first before going back into derp mode.

Top Bottom