• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Sigh...

Just signed in after downloading the patch, to find my online character gone.

I'm close to just gifting this game to my nephew.

How about Rockstar gives everyone a free cash pack to make up for lost time investment. Hmmmmm?

MAX PAYMENT

Wow. Installing the play disc to a USB drive gives significant load time and streaming improvements.
I bet installing each disc to a separate USB drive would provide some crazy benefits.
With that and party chat, I'm calling the 360 version superior.

Trigger

How do you improve stamina? My character's stamina hasn't increased one bit despite all the running and cycling I've done. A bit frustrating.

Ding-Ding

Wow. Installing the play disc to a USB drive gives significant load time and streaming improvements.
I bet installing each disc to a separate USB drive would provide some crazy benefits.
With that and party chat, I'm calling the 360 version superior.

Wrong thread. Either that or you are deliberately trying to derail a thread by trying to envoke a fanboy war.

mack999

Banned
On 360, still cannot connect to rockstar cloud servers. Why do I feel like I am the only one with this problem now?

No, never been able to connect today, it's not even trying to connect. Instantly goes to character screen with it level 1 then you quit to offline mode.

Maybe it will be better after free gold weekend finishes but this is an awful online game launch.

lnSRMon.png

PANIC

5Z7fEot.png

Me too.
R.I.P.

Lisker

In a game like this the cloud makes sense to them they don't want people hacking accounts and putting millions into characters, they would rather charge for it.

Which is fine by me, bring on the cards!

Nah, they should have made it an open beta first, stress test the damn thing. Now they produced a broken "finished" product. Now they are all rushing to get the issues fixed and shortcuts are bound to be made like this. Not to mention the implementation of heists and other game features will suffer because of it. But if they put it out as a beta all these problems wouldn't be as much of an issue because that is what a beta test is for.

Future

So came across this mission where you have to storm the Fort, destroy their lasers and get a jet. $25000 is the reward, and somehow the players were able to restart with some magic button combination.

Unfortunately there was some secret way to get into the fort since all the street gates are locked. I couldn't figure it out so I got kicked the second game. Anyone see this mission yet. Made more money in about 5 minutes then I did in an hour

How do you improve stamina? My character's stamina hasn't increased one bit despite all the running and cycling I've done. A bit frustrating.

I wondered if they made the leveling for Online longer than single-player. Did so much driving but saw one level-up... maybe.

Spasm

So came across this mission where you have to storm the Fort, destroy their lasers and get a jet. $25000 is the reward, and somehow the players were able to restart with some magic button combination.

Unfortunately there was some secret way to get into the fort since all the street gates are locked. I couldn't figure it out so I got kicked the second game. Anyone see this mission yet. Made more money in about 5 minutes then I did in an hour

Vote "Like" on the mission, then hit RT/R2. Do you know the name of the mission?

Radec

Man, i hate to play this now with all the server issues and just come back a month later.

But the grinding would be patched by then.

So, here's a question:

I've got 2 available jobs in my job list... one from Gerald, one from Simeon. I'd love to play these but I only want ot play them with my friends, not alone and not with randoms.

If I quit GTA:O, I know the next time I come into it -- say with a friend -- that I would not have them available. Why? Why do they disappear?

Though I banked my money, I'm scared to stop farming and my character being deleted. :|

Yeah I pulled in about $60-75k last night, banked it, but then this morning I tried to check BAWSAQ but it was down again so I was afraid to check on my character. :lol

Ding-Ding

I think in certain cases there is a bug in the stats. Before deletion, I remember checking my stats at lvl 15 and none of them had passed the 2nd bar. Checked again at 18 and all but flying and lung where nudging or passed the 4th bar

Spasm

So, here's a question:

I've got 2 available jobs in my job list... one from Gerald, one from Simeon. I'd love to play these but I only want ot play them with my friends, not alone and not with randoms.

If I quit GTA:O, I know the next time I come into it -- say with a friend -- that I would not have them available. Why? Why do they disappear?

If you were to find a new session, they would disappear. The jobs are 'unlocked' at certain levels, then they assign them to you at random during each play session.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Where can I find the more expensives cars to sell, like the Ocelot F620 and the Lampadati Felon GT? I found the F620 in East Vinewood earlier, but I can't find any more. :(

Future

Vote "Like" on the mission, then hit RT/R2. Do you know the name of the mission?

I wish I'd did. Forgot to look it up cuz i had no idea the reward would be so high till the end. Felt like a won the lottery by getting that mission (from joining a random)

Okay I just got visited by Chris Formage from the Epsilon program after I died ...... what the hell ...

hahaha

Oh... except it's just telling you about passive mode. That's dumb, I thought it'd be a new set of missions. Alas. Nothing to do in freeroam.

If you were to find a new session, they would disappear. The jobs are 'unlocked' at certain levels, then they assign them to you at random during each play session.

It just doesn't make any sense, it's a lousy design decision. Means that you basically have to sit aorund for 10 minutes waiting for these guys to call you to give you a mission... like... why can't you just trigger the mission when you want...

I dont get it.

*edit*

Maybe you can, I just called Gerald and it said "Request Job." Hmm..

Jhoan

Speaking of Tennis, I completely destroyed my first victim in a 3 set match last night. He never got a break point, never won a game, and I scored several Aces on him; usually 2 in a row, but he took his beating like a boss. Tennis is so good. I love it. Can't wait to play against GAF members. It would've been nice if there was a Doubles option or an option to spectate matches at the very least.

And Missions are pretty damn fun as are Bicycle races. Never was a fan of Deathmatch so I got destroyed in a Free-For-All.

Gorillaz

War..has changed, daytime exclusively? Kappa
When I say night I mean starting between 5pm-7 to like 9am. Its not server stress its definitely on there end. Its happened too many times for it to be just timing.

If they were serious enough bout the online they would have made servers seperate for both consoles instead of bottlenecking it for one or the other.

They half assed a lot of things with this game lol

Future

The fact that there has been zero compensation from rockstar is pretty pathetic. They designed a system that requires a long grind with lots of loading. If people are losing characters and money they should be compensating them immediately

The current attitude of barely acknowledging it and making people start over with nothing is painful. Server issues I get. Not giving dedicated players compensation for dealing with it is a bigger problem

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
The fact that there has been zero compensation from rockstar is pretty pathetic. They designed a system that requires a long grind with lots of loading. If people are losing characters and money they should be compensating them immediately

The current attitude of barely acknowledging it and making people start over with nothing is painful. Server issues I get. Not giving dedicated players compensation for dealing with it is a bigger problem

They're actually blaming us for the loss of characters and money:

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc...apartments-and-or-in-game-money-in-GTA-Online

Note: When the Rockstar Cloud Services are unavailable, you are given the option to still play online on disc-based content (rather than R* Cloud content). You are asked to confirm before entering Multiplayer whether you would like to play on a temporary character, without the ability to save. If you confirm this option, please note that none of your old characters will be available for that play session, and the temporary character you create will not be saved. If you want to make sure the characters you create are saved, you should not proceed into GTA Online when the R* Cloud Servers are unavailable. Even if the services come back up while you are playing on a temporary character, that temporary character will not save -- you would need to return to Single Player and re-enter GTA Online to load your non-temporary characters and resume playing with the ability to save progress.

The few times I saw the above warning, I exited the game. I've never agreed to continuing without saving. And yet, still the loss of character.

DjRoomba

Banned
I played some. Worked, but it seems kinda shit. I dont think this kind of game is really set up for multiplayer. Trailer almost made it seem like it would be Battlefield:GTA V which sounds alot more fun than what this is

I hope rockstar releases the first DLC for GTAO for free, or gives everyone a free high end apartment, or car as compensation for this disaster of a launch.

Does anyone know if you can respray vans and add them to your garage? And if you can, what are some good locations of vans that you can hijack?

Planning on making an armored van with crew colors and emblem, it's gone be great.

Reule

Wish there was some sort of factions type gameplay. It'd be sort of cool to join up with The Lost, Grove Street, Ballas, or some other GTA group. Maybe that'll come into play later or something planned for dlc. It'd be sort of cool to get exclusive rewards like some chopper or green bandana from them.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Does anyone know if you can respray vans and add them to your garage? And if you can, what are some good locations of vans that you can hijack?

Planning on making an armored van with crew colors and emblem, it's gone be great.

I tried respraying a police van, but couldn't mod it, wouldn't let me put it in my garage, either.

E92 M3

Speaking of Tennis, I completely destroyed my first victim in a 3 set match last night. He never got a break point, never won a game, and I scored several Aces on him; usually 2 in a row, but he took his beating like a boss. Tennis is so good. I love it. Can't wait to play against GAF members. It would've been nice if there was a Doubles option or an option to spectate matches at the very least.

And Missions are pretty damn fun as are Bicycle races. Never was a fan of Deathmatch so I got destroyed in a Free-For-All.

Speaking of Tennis - how close would you say is it to Virtua Tennis on the Dreamcast (never tried playing it yet)? That game was tons of fun.

Yup, lost around six levels and half my money. Annoyed to say the least.

Yep - played for quite a while yesterday afternoon and had quite a bit of fun. I think I got to about level 6 as well.

Went on last night and *boom* goodbye character. Thankfully, I decided to deposit most of my money.

Rockstar, why should I (or anyone) bother to play your broken-ass game if they can't, at the very least, be guaranteed to save their progress and character?

This should be number one in the laundry list of things that they need to fix immediately. I won't be touching it again until at least solved this particular glitch. Ridiculous.

[edit - just read the above explanation for the glitch via the cloud saving system. There was a short warning when I started that the cloud server was down but then immediately switched to a message that it was up. Still, my level 6 character didn't show up. Maybe it will show up once their cloud system is has some form of stability.]

Plasmid

Rockstar should add a blip next to online stating if the cloud server is up or down. Would make a lot of things simpler.

Aenima

So i have been playing from like 5 hours earlier on PS3 everething smooth, even bought a 391k appartment with my lv 20 character... servers get down i go check social club page and character gone, if i try go in solo mode it takes me to create character screen... FU Rockstar!!! Im tired to be a beta tester... im out...

My character managed to survide till day 3... itls like a zombie apocalipse game... players in loby have to be looking over the shoulder all the time, and then rockstar craps perma delete all ur progress leaving only the money u had in bank.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Rockstar should add a blip next to online stating if the cloud server is up or down. Would make a lot of things simpler.

Look for all the blue icons on the map?

If they are there you're connected if they aren't you're not? That's been my experience.

Top Bottom