• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

bs000

It says you can find crates of loots when you do Gang Attacks, but I looked everywhere in the area after killing all the enemies but couldn't find anything. I found another one and noticed some boxes with SUPPLIES written on them which disappeared as soon as I killed the last enemy. So you have to find the crates before killing all the enemies? Seems kinda silly.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
How do I get the free garage? I want to try and get a Felon GT so it spawns more often. I checked the Dynasty 8 site but it doesn't have the free garage.

EDIT: Also, is it a new garage, or does one of the garages become free? If so, which one?

Yeah my character got deleted as well but she's saved to the cloud servers. They are down right now so for anyone who got their character deleted, just continue to sign out.. Sign back in via GTA pause screen, click choose character and you should be good from there. They will appear back. If you want to make sure your character is alive, go to the social club website to double check.

Tevious

FUCK, my character is gone too. I better get him back or I am done with this shit. Was Rank 29, had 500k+, tons of weapon upgrades and most of my stats maxed out. I was about to buy a nice apartment and order the 007 car until the servers went down.

[Edit] Forgot to mention that I had already lost 4 ranks a day ago during the last major outage.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Oh okay, so he recycles them. Is there a way to cancel missions from your phone? So I can keep calling him over and over until I get it?

You can delete them with square (dunno 360 equivalent) and you have to wait a little while before he'll give you another. It's not long at all, but I'm not sure of the exact time you have to wait.

Astery

So I've been playing with a friend for about an hour, the experience is decent but...
Why does the partying system suck so damn bad?

After every mission and going back to the world session, we are split into different worlds. I have opened a friend only session for the purpose of not having randoms fucking up our game, you don't have to split us up every time Rockstar...or I hope I am missing something.

The one thing I don't care for is how free-roam after missions is set up. If I have a crew only free-roam going on and we start a 4 player mission from Lamar and then complete it, I would have liked it to send everyone back to the same session of free-roam instead of throwing some in public, others in their own, etc.... Even when everyone picks free-roam.

So I've been playing with a friend for about an hour, the experience is decent but...

After every mission and going back to the world session, we are split into different worlds. I have opened a friend only session for the purpose of not having randoms fucking up our game, you don't have to split us up every time Rockstar...or I hope I am missing something.

Don't quit the job, choose Freeroam instead at the vote screen.

Salvatron

FUCK, my character is gone too. I better get him back or I am done with this shit. Was Rank 29, had 500k+, tons of weapon upgrades and most of my stats maxed out. I was about to buy a nice apartment and order the 007 car until the servers went down.

Sweet fancy moses. That's harsh man.

So i have been playing from like 5 hours earlier on PS3 everething smooth, even bought a 391k appartment with my lv 20 character... servers get down i go check social club page and character gone, if i try go in solo mode it takes me to create character screen... FU Rockstar!!! Im tired to be a beta tester... im out...

My character managed to survide till day 3... itls like a zombie apocalipse game... players in loby have to be looking over the shoulder all the time, and then rockstar craps perma delete all ur progress leaving only the money u had in bank.

That's horrible...

This is insane.

Steiner84

All 26 hours. Multiple times.

do you just leave the mission or are you both choosing free roam in the mission select screen afterwards? the later should put you both in the same world.

i have yet to encounter any gang hangouts, yet im level 25 allready

KAOz

Short bus special
Welp. Guess I am fucked.

Level 24. Had bought the 400k flat. Several cars. Nice clothes and weapons.

Not showing up. Gone on Social Club aswell.

Is there a way to sync the data in GTA Online without leaving it?

I've been assuming that seeing the spinning yellow circle is a proper sync. If I'm right, then entering and leaving an ammunation forces a sync. Not sure if you have to buy anything, but I buy some ammo before I go.

shield

So highlighting a job on the map in the pause menu, then pressing X/Square enters you into the job without actually having to drive there. Quite handy, don't know if this is common knowledge.

I'd like to compile a single post of players losing characters and link R* to it. They obviously know about the problem, but this is really ridiculous.

I've been lucky to not lose mine... And I'm only a level 10 with $50,000

Derrick01

Banned
Welp. Guess I am fucked.

Is it really deleted? Some people have been suggesting that once the cloud servers come back up the characters will reappear if you didn't make a new one and overwrite it.

That really sucks if it's gone though. If I made it that far and it was taken out I would say fuck it and trade it in.

KAOz

Short bus special
Is it really deleted? Some people have been suggesting that once the cloud servers come back up the characters will reappear if you didn't make a new one and overwrite it.

Hopefully not. I came to the "Create a character" screen, but just canceled out. Never creating a new one.
And now it tells me the Cloud Servers are gone, so hopefully it comes back.

Astery

I'd like to compile a single post of players losing characters and link R* to it. They obviously know about the problem, but this is really ridiculous.

I've been lucky to not lose mine... And I'm only a level 10 with $50,000

It will likely be more than a few million of characters gone missing lol. Everyone I know has lost at least 1 character.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Welp. Guess I am fucked.

Yeah dude. With a time investment like the one you have you are better off logging off for the day and waiting until tomorrow or something.

Whatever you do DO NOT CREATE A NEW CHARACTER.

But one of my friend said he was still playing right at this moment.

How can he still play when I can't?

By the way, we are both on PS3.

Probably because of this:
Note: When the Rockstar Cloud Services are unavailable, you are given the option to still play online on disc-based content (rather than R* Cloud content). You are asked to confirm before entering Multiplayer whether you would like to play on a temporary character, without the ability to save. If you confirm this option, please note that none of your old characters will be available for that play session, and the temporary character you create will not be saved. If you want to make sure the characters you create are saved, you should not proceed into GTA Online when the R* Cloud Servers are unavailable. Even if the services come back up while you are playing on a temporary character, that temporary character will not save -- you would need to return to Single Player and re-enter GTA Online to load your non-temporary characters and resume playing with the ability to save progress.

People playing in temporary characters without noticing and then saying they lost progress.

I'm not taking any chances, if my chars don't show up, I'm not making new ones.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Yeah dude. With a time investment like the one you have you are better off logging off for the day and waiting until tomorrow or something.

Yeah, I'm about to hit 25. Once I do that I'm just going to get off. Try not to put more time in until the servers aren't screwed.

Yeah i hope so mine was also gone may his eternal souls rest in the clouds and resurrects in 2 hours or so :'(

Judderman

drawer by drawer
This character creator system is just silly. Why can't I just edit what I want my character to look like? None of this heritage and lifestyle bullshit.

Is there anyway to load straight to Online? I think there used to be a prompt, but regardless of what I do now, even when I choose to Join a Session In Progress, it loads me back to the single player

cool.... my character is gone.
I waited till Friday to start playing Online considering i figured there would be issues... but come on!

Is there some way to tell if the cloud servers are up/down?

Gskyace

Probably because of this:

People playing in temporary characters without noticing and then saying they lost progress.

I'm not taking any chances, if my chars don't show up, I'm not making new ones.

I think it's because he is still online playing at that moment.

Yeah, I'm about to hit 25. Once I do that I'm just going to get off. Try not to put more time in until the servers aren't screwed.
I suggest you stay on until you know the cloud servers are working well again. If you quit out now and the servers are down, it might not save properly..
Isn't that just a loading icon?
When you start up the game, it shows what the icons mean. White counterclockwise is loading, white clockwise saving, and orange is cloud server access.

This character creator system is just silly. Why can't I just edit what I want my character to look like? None of this heritage and lifestyle bullshit.

Rockstar does things for arbitrary reasons, for no reason, just to be different... and not actually to improve anything. The system made so little sense to me that I just hit the random/X button over and over until I got a guy who vaguely had the same skin tone and body shape as me. Of course, I look like a meth head, but I'll just live with it.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I suggest you stay on until you know the cloud servers are working well again. If you quit out now and the servers are down, it might not save properly..
Yeah, that's what I'm worried about, but I've already been on quite a while. I do see the orange saving icon every time I complete the mission, though.

My bank balance, racing stats, and money earned/spent stats are all accurate on Social Club, but practically everything else is zeroed out. Rank 0; being asked to create a new character in-game.

Haven't recreated; is there any confirmation on character recovery in this scenario? Cloud comes back, character comes back?

Or is my transgender career racer with perfect eyebrows really gone for good?

:(

Mononoke

Banned
Yeah, that's what I'm worried about, but I've already been on quite a while.

This is what I did yesterday, and it always worked. If you are on - and the servers go down, STAY on. Periodically check your solo missions, and when they go through, you will know when the servers are back up. Then it's safe to leave.

I did that all yesterday, and everything saved. But in the past when I quit when the servers were down, my character would not only not save, but would get deleted. I'm actually not going to log on right now, until the servers are back up. It seems like when you try to log on when the servers are down, and can screw things up as well.

Reule

I've been assuming that seeing the spinning yellow circle is a proper sync. If I'm right, then entering and leaving an ammunation forces a sync. Not sure if you have to buy anything, but I buy some ammo before I go.
I buy ammo or anything before I exit multiplayer to single player too. It does force a save. Not sure if it helps any, I'm sure those who had their character(s) deleted are taking precautions too.

Trigger

lol, it's the worse system I've ever seen honestly. I think the lifestyle concept is interesting, but it's a total flub otherwise.

Top Bottom