• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

iNvid02

start > online > play GTA online > invite only session

at least start levelling up your stats etc and see the intro

Exhausted right now. Played some BF4 beta earlier and then helped move a giant CRT out of a bedroom and then another big ass CRT back into it.

Going to sleep, but since I don't have class until tomorrow evening...

Will be recording GTAO time with GAF. Expect silly videos :)

Ancestry is a nice idea for character creation but the implementation here is so garbage it makes me not want to play the damn game. What a mess. PS2 era graphics.

DogMeat77

Bricked my console. The Cloud not loading my character now, great.

gif4.gif

Are you sure it bricked it? Sounds like it just froze.

EndymionGalaxy

Neo Member
Getting a cloud save error message on xbox. So some of you are having no problems on xbox? Could it be some regional servers are down or something?

Gave it a few shots, can't connect online, now it's made the character loading transitions in singleplayer load way slower and more broken.

Nope. I'm out until later.

Also: You think they would've learned by now to STOP MAKING ONLINE ACCESS HAPPEN THROUGH THE SINGLEPLAYER GAME WORLD. It just makes everything slower.

Unless the ancestry thing is really just a way of masking presets I'm guessing we'll see them eventually relent and offer a more tweaky character editor. Here's hoping, at least.

abracadaver

Can you buy gta money on the marketplace yet ? How much is it ?

And how much are the special edition extras and the atomic blimp ?

Getting a cloud save error message on xbox. So some of you are having no problems on xbox? Could it be some regional servers are down or something?

Same thing here. If only this was on Xbox One we'd have the infinite power of the cloud, not this lame wanna be cloud! Real cloud is where it's at fool!

Terrorblot

I can't get in and keep having to painfully watch Michael intros each time it boots me out. And now it's just making me melancholy that Single Player is over.

Gave it a few shots, can't connect online, now it's made the character loading transitions in singleplayer load way slower and more broken.

Nope. I'm out until later.

Also: You think they would've learned by now to STOP MAKING ONLINE ACCESS HAPPEN THROUGH THE SINGLEPLAYER GAME WORLD. It just makes everything slower.

on the initial game boot up you can load straight into multiplayer. Bottom right press prompt, A or X to switch to load into multi.

javac

I'm at university right now but if my brother at home set his online shit at home would that be separated from my save? Sorry if it's obvious :$

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
grr... I'm awake.. I probably shouldn't be awake this early. GTAO is working right.

Must...have...coffee..

Darko

start > online > play GTA online > invite only session

at least start levelling up your stats etc and see the intro

FYI: it will still kick you out of the game once you try to load up the first race after the intro... back to square one.

skynidas

Banned
I'm at university right now but if my brother at home set his online shit at home would that be separated from my save? Sorry if it's obvious :$

Well, if he's using your account it won't be separated. If he has his own account and save then it will be ok

Trickster

So they waited with launching GTA online for about 2 weeks after the game release. Presumably to have avoid having the servers buckle under the stress. And yes I still keep getting failed this and that and keep getting forced back to the single player characters.

doby

sooo the create character was weird. Is it just me or is there very little variation in faces? Controls for it sucked ass as well (at least on ps3) alas i got in a muddle.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Oh, so I see that PS3 is kinda sketchy. I'm at around 85% lets see if this thing works.

Top Bottom