• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

erawsd

Shouldn't be surprised it's not working properly, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable. Too many people think it's ok when things don't work these days because 'it's only just launched'.

Well, I agree that it sucks. However, its just one of those logistical things that can't be solved short of tossing astronomical amounts of money at it; an amount that is largely wasted after the "new thing rush" is over and you're not worried about millions of people slamming your servers all at once.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Bros, I get it. My comment wasn't about the fact that it's broken right now. I understand it'll be broken today. My post was about the fact that they're going through singleplayer PERIOD. When dealing with disconnects, server issues, or potentially getting kicked, it'll always and forever be slower navigating through the menus than if they kept single and multi totally separate.

But if the multi was totally separate, would that not mean you'd have to reload all the assets to jump between modes? Not played it yet myself so not sure how it works yet. Makes sense to be in SP first and then jump into multi as you want though. And to have SP be the fallback position. Doesn't seem too bad, works like it did in IV.

ace3skoot

so i finally get online, and i think i ran over the guy whose was about to start the street race, cause it keeps telling me to go back to to the traffic light but when i do nothing happens...and then the game just hard froze my playstation :(

TwiztidElf

Isn't Cloud technology supposed to have fixed all this type of shit?
All servers are virtually hosted in massive server farms.
Isn't it supposed to expand and contract with demand?

DogMeat77

gtaonline.gif

Me being at work right now doesn't sound so bad..I fully expected this, especially after R*'s comments, but when it happens it always sucks the same. Thankfully I still have story mode to play. Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

Managed to get snapmatic to upload:
0_0.jpg

Bullet wounds work to full effect in the multiplayer! My back was a riddled mess. Think my character looks nice enough.

cripterion

Play solo online.

The streams I'm watching seem to be doing just that. If you're waiting for other players, you'll be waiting forever.

Yup but the tutorial/ intro missions somehow needs to find other players... Can't do jack shit, can't go into any menus it's just loading forever.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Shouldn't be surprised it's not working properly, but that doesn't mean it's acceptable. Too many people think it's ok when things don't work these days because 'it's only just launched'.

I don't think it's "okay" or "acceptable", I just think it's unrealistic not to expect it. It's possible to be too damning as well.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
If it isn't "Failed to host a GTA Online session" it is some timed out error. Come on Rockstar, you had 2 weeks to prepare and know the numbers from the ridiculous sales at launch, it should be better than this at this time of day.

So pretty.

n5w.jpg

Yea, it took me half an hour to find a female face I could live with, not what I wanted, but it was that or something just awful.

Can't start the first race. There's no "trigger" and even pressing start does nothing. How can I even exit if the start button doesn't do anything????

cripterion

How could they think it was a good idea not letting people back out, cancel the wait for other players? I've basically restarted the game 4 times now...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
If it isn't "Failed to host a GTA Online session" it is some timed out error. Come on Rockstar, you had 2 weeks to prepare and and got some ridiculous sales and money from the launch, it should be better than this at this time of day.

Yea, it took me half an hour to find a female face I could live with, not what I wanted, but it was that or something just awful.

Every time I get this error it resets my character... which is just delightful.

Siegmeyer

Haven't been able to connect yet, but am getting a weird bug where I can't change characters once it kicks me back to single player. Reloading your save fixes it but it's still kinda annoying.

LOL...all these initial reactions are so predictable. I don't even know why most of you guys are bothering today.

I’d just give it a few days before jumping in. The servers are probably on the verge of exploding at the moment.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Even in Solo the first Race is not triggering for me. I think I'm out for a while.

I do like my GAF t-shirt though at least.

Data Ghost

Im a little confused now, is today the launch of GTA Online or is today the start of the multiplayer beta?

Or am I thinking of BF4? :/

tookhster

Yeah, I'm stuck at finding the race trigger like so many others (it's not on the map). I hope this isn't game breaking or anything. When I killed myself, it just said "Wasted". I think the game thinks I'm not doing a mission when I really am.

Come on, Rockstar.

Top Bottom