• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

ChapaNDJ

Banned
I managed to create a character but i can't get online on PS3.
The character creation system is garbage.

What a huge fuck up this is.

Ugh 360 version, managed to do race, game crashed

Rebooted, now my characters are gone. DAMMIT NOW I HAVE TO RANDOMIZE AGAIN FOR 20 MINS

Seul Fantome

Neo Member
Ugh 360 version, managed to do race, game crashed

Rebooted, now my characters are gone. DAMMIT NOW I HAVE TO RANDOMIZE AGAIN FOR 20 MINS

Something similar happened to me. I managed to get through all the tutorial stuff, but my game got stuck on loading when I tried to join a "real" mission. I quit and restarted the game and I had lost all the progress from my previous session. Two player levels, 8k in money, a shotgun, and a vehicle all gone.

Maybe I'll try again next week.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I haven't been able to stay in a game with all my friends for very long but I did get to rank 7 from playing with mostly random players. My single-player save file seems fine too (360 version) but I've backed it up just in case.

Question:- Are there any flying vehicles available at low ranks on the map? I noticed there were no flyable planes at the airport and I couldn't get into the army base.

UK 360 player. Me and a mate got on and played for a few hours. I think you just need to complete the tutorial, then you're set. I did it on Solo then joined another session with players.

It's fucking great, drove up that mountain near the military base while a random was in the passenger seat. We drove off and died. It'll be one of those re-memorable moments.

Heimbeck

Banned
UK 360 player. Me and a mate got on and played for a few hours. I think you just need to complete the tutorial, then you're set. I did it on Solo then joined another session with players.

It's fucking great, drove up that mountain near the military base while a random was in the passenger seat. We drove off and died. It'll be one of those re-memorable moments.

Wish I could just play just 10 minutes :(

Plasmid

Ok so I've done the main intro and the launching session didn't time out after 5 minutes. I can play online but the cloud servers are down, what should I do?

RawNuts

I just finished playing about 11 hours straight since the update went live, that can't be healthy. Had a few connection errors with the "cloud", but was an otherwise smooth experience the whole time; loving the online play so far, already ranked up to 13.

Desaan

Hey Rockstar, what's happening? Yeah, so I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in this weekend ok? That would be great.

bill-lumbergh2.jpg

Dead

well not really...yet
Has there been anyone who has actually been able to start the race?

Every time I log in, my character automatically walks to the blue circle, then it just searches for players and never gets any farther than that.

Con_Smith

Banned
Been able to get a few games going but for some reason o keep getting a loser on the drug race mission after you customize your car. What am I doing wrong, should I not be going for a car or what?

Also how do you get into a game with your crew? Keep getting on with randoms on both gafsteet and neogang.

And when do I get a place?

shield

Damn you already got an apartment? And a stripper that stays their??? I need to stop playing these races and go do some missions...

Instead of pressing A to flirt you speak into your microphone. Was pretty creepy

And I bought the apartment with a small amount of old MS points I didnt realise I still had. yes, i'm part of the problem

Surge

Tried starting up a session...nope

Then tried playing just solo...nope

Hoping that by later tonight or tomorrow it's working.

anddo0

So if I download this patch but don't attempt to log in to the online, will I still have problems with my single player game?

Can Xbox players get into the multiplayer? I'm watching the GB stream and they got in easily.

Can't do shit. Fucking Rockstar, how did they not prepare themselves for this? Can't even play on solo.

But this happens with all online games. /sarcasm.

R* is 100% to blame.

While annual franchises like Call of Duty and semi-annual ones like Battlefield generally have a good estimate of the number of players who will be piling onto their servers, GTA V joins a long line of disappointing online launches for games that should have known better.

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/grand-theft-auto-v-online-launches-crashes-164854635.html

Sad thing is R* knew this was coming. Had two extra weeks to prepare and still screwed up worse than Sim City, D3 and Star Wars.

Andrew.

Banned
Disables internet connection to PS3.

Pops in GTAV.

Plays single player.

Everything is perfect.

I'm just gonna hold out a few weeks til a good handful of the kinks are ironed out. No biggie. Got plenty of gold medals to grab. Didn't even get the update. Fuck that noise. As if the SP needed more twisted random bugs.

dandoolan

So, it's mostly PS3 having issues with this then? If true that's very surprising, I'm a 360 guy myself but I would have bet good money on the 360 version being the bigger disaster.

But I mentally prepared myself for this. Haven't even tried to get online yet, won't until the weekend when it has settled and is working well.

Chipotle

Are GTAV and GAF using the same servers or something?

My sleeping pattern is fucked so hoping to be able to get on in a couple of hours. UK PS3, never got past character creator btw.

Gorillaz

Had to do the solo thing just to get my character up there

Had the perfect one earlier this morning. One I have now has a face like he is fresh off "that stuff" while wearing a suit for no reason.

Jesus Christ Rockstar

Maybe for you, matchmaking in CoD is usually screwy at launch.

But this happens with all online games. /sarcasm.

R* is 100% to blame.

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/grand-theft-auto-v-online-launches-crashes-164854635.html

Sad thing is R* knew this was coming. Had two extra weeks to prepare and still screwed up worse than Sim City, D3 and Star Wars.

Worse than Sim City, D3 and Star Wars? Seriously? At least the main game is still playable. You could do NOTHING with any of those because they were completely unplayable at launch.

Dead

well not really...yet
So, it's mostly PS3 having issues with this then? If true that's very surprising, I'm a 360 guy myself but I would have bet good money on the 360 version being the bigger disaster.

But I mentally prepared myself for this. Haven't even tried to get online yet, won't until the weekend when it has settled and is working well.
360 online is unplayable

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I like the character creation, seems quite original.
Anyone else having problems in Australia?

Yeah I am. This quote below sums up how far I've made it through.

Has there been anyone who has actually been able to start the race?

Every time I log in, my character automatically walks to the blue circle, then it just searches for players and never gets any farther than that.

Still can't join an online match on PSN and the unstartable race issue persists solo. Can anyone confirm that that cache clear trick works?

I'm in Texas so if any other Southern people are able to play I might think it's on me.

Disables internet connection to PS3.

Pops in GTAV.

Plays single player.

Everything is perfect.

I'm just gonna hold out a few weeks til a good handful of the kinks are ironed out. No biggie. Got plenty of gold medals to grab. Didn't even get the update. Fuck that noise. As if the SP needed more twisted random bugs.

That there is a solid plan.

SnakeEyes

Banned
I was able to download the update at 11:45pm NZ time last night, and after creating my first character I got the corrupted save message. After that I recreated my character but at the time of posting, I've only ever been able to get as far as the start of the first event (car race) and that was only when I started a Solo Game. I'm constantly getting the "cannot create a game" message when I try and just jump into GTA Online from the SP game.

Reule

Guys, anyone trying to update the PS3 version and having it lock up:

When the update comes up, let it load a bit. Wait till the sirens and the car jacking are done then try to confirm for the update. It should be fine then. I had it lock up me and had to turn off the power but when I did that everything went fine.

I really don't like having to switch the power off. :|

So, trying to pull on 360, just meet Lamar and am doing the first mandatory race. Been seeing "Launching Session" for a few minutes now, should I restart or just wait it out?

Top Bottom