• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Heimbeck

Banned
Hola to the GAF street people ive seen around.

Everything seems so buggy ATM. It never seems to 'download' data for missions, randomly throws you our of servers etc etc.

I have mainly just been driving around doing stick ups and getting my stats up. Occasionally 'quick jobs' works on my phone, but most of the time it freezes or just sits in loading limbo...

It needs a lot of work.

After the servers or whatever kicked me off it said that I was a bad smething and that if I kept doing it I would be punished... even though it wasn't my fault :/

I might play it when everyone says it's gotten better, I don't think it's good enough to put up with in the state it's in.

KAP151

After the servers or whatever kicked me off it said that I was a bad smething and that if I kept doing it I would be punished... even though it wasn't my fault :/

I might play it when everyone says it's gotten better, I don't think it's good enough to put up with in the state it's in.

Same here. If you get booted for whatever reason, Im assuming the server thinks you are actually quitting during a mission, therefore being a 'bad sport'.

It doesnt seem tested at all to me.

SlickVic

So I spent a good 20-25 minutes trying to create my character, then the game gives me the "failed to host online message" and kicks me back to single player. Not sure if I just lost my character since the face doesn't show up on the wheel. :(

Arcteryx

I'm going to be pissed if I get on this weekend and everyone else is like level 30 with automatic grenade launchers and helicopters already.

Heimbeck

Banned
Same here. If you get booted for whatever reason, Im assuming the server thinks you are actually quitting during a mission, therefore being a 'bad sport'.

Yeah I'm sure it will get better, but I didn't buy GTA V for online and it's a nice bonus but I can live without it while it's fixed.
GTA single player was good enough for £100 so Online not being amazing and having a lot of issues doesn't bother me that much.

kmg90

My guess is any quirkiness atm could be from the servers getting swamped

kmg90

So I spent a good 20-25 minutes trying to create my character, then the game gives me the "failed to host online message" and kicks me back to single player. Not sure if I just lost my character since the face doesn't show up on the wheel. :(

Had the same experience you did, did not lose my character (on the PS3).

Double D

Is the only way your character saves if you actually get past the race?

I'm on round three of attempting the first race after quitting out each time. My character saved.

For the folks who got the first race mission to work, how long did you wait?

Gnub

In the same boat but after a little bit the face of my character showed up on the wheel. Still can't "host online" game though.

I just wanna get pass the race
50KS8.png

dreamfall

I kinda love my girl!

She's got a bit of Niko in her, but total resemblance of her mother. Rockin' braids!

Now how long am I supposed to wait in this queue for the race? Keeps saying Launching Session~!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I kinda love my girl!

She's got a bit of Niko in her, but total resemblance of her mother. Rockin' braids!

Now how long am I supposed to wait in this queue for the race? Keeps saying Launching Session~!

I can't even get that far. I had to go to solo session to get to the initial cut scene.

uberluigi

Banned
Just got out of the airport went to a parking lot to choose a car to race lamar and its taking forever just to launch the session, anyone getting the same results?

deafmedal

Managed to create my character this morning, then it got hung up after the first cinematic. Tried again about 15 minutes ago and got a bit further... till it got stuck launching session. Now I am scared to dashboard, should have backed up my save lol. Fuck it gonna hard restart heh.

Cool, everything is good. Damn, expected it to be bad, but not like this... not like this.

edit* backed up my saves to the cloud, hope that shizz works, thumb drive I bought for the 360 didn't work too well.

Dead

well not really...yet
Its been like 20 minutes and I really want to exit to dashboard but I'm afraid ill loose my character, any chance it will be saved?
Mine was

Every time I try to log in to Online, it swaps me to my online character, back in the parking lot heading to the blue circle.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
If I download the patch and don't play it, will my single player game be fine? I didn't download it and for some reason loading my save game took so long I quit.

kmg90

I have yet to get past the first 10 seconds of actual gameplay for online!

Who at Rockstar thought having a mandatory race (that creates a game session) be a good way to start the online experience!

Why can't I go to free roam?!

Heimbeck

Banned
Once it worked, did the race launch pretty immediately? Trying to figure out how long to wait each time before restarting.

I would give it a minute or two before restarting again, if it hasn't loaded then it never will.

Its been like 20 minutes and I really want to exit to dashboard but I'm afraid ill loose my character, any chance it will be saved?

It might be, but your going to be waiting there for hours so you'll just have to hope and pray.

I'm one of the lucky ones. It's been working well for me and I've gotten up to level 7.

I haven't done much deathmatch yet because I love the races. And the "get the meth" missions which get very hard if you do them alone. I think I might need to level up and get some better armor first.

TheMan

i was really hoping to play this tonight, but I think i'll save myself the frustration and watch the walking dead instead.

So, the servers finally worked so I managed to create my character and enter GTA Online and what a piece of shit it is... a freaking MMO.

No free mode (like GTA 4), no weapons scattered around town (like GTA 4). I have to earn/steal money to buy weapons, ammo etc. Fuck this MMO. I will never play GTA Online again.

Howwwww? Did you do anything special?

Does installing the game disc do anything? Since 90% of people dont have it installed, maybe the 10% are those who have got online.

All I did was delete the patch and download it again. Not sure if that helped, but I was able to get on soon after that.

Top Bottom