• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Solo and invite only are the only two that let me into the game but I still fail to start the initial race so it's kind of moot. At least the two characters I made look good and are saved.

uberluigi

Banned
Funny thing is this is my second character I made, didn't really like how the first one came out but I was able to race and do three missions with him lol

Hip Hop

I started the online right when it went live. I have been playing occasionally today, and can get in with no problem. Hosted a few races and deathmatches, everything has been smooth so far.

So, the servers finally worked so I managed to create my character and enter GTA Online and what a piece of shit it is... a freaking MMO.

No free mode (like GTA 4), no weapons scattered around town (like GTA 4). I have to earn/steal money to buy weapons etc. Fuck this MMO. I will never play GTA Online again.

Shame people like you are able to get in but people who genuinely want to play can't.

Mononoke

Banned
This character creator is awful. I was surprised by how complicated/convoluted it is, and how poor the character models look. Seriously, considering how high quality the rest of GTA V was, I'm shocked this is what they came up with for the online portion.

And of course, can't even get online at this point.

I got on earlier in the day and you're not missing much. Its a cluster F*ck, spawn camping a-holes everywhere :(. After the first mission you spawn into the world you're greeted with spawn camping sh*ts. So you die and re-spawn again only to meet another spawn camping ass. Die again and re-spawn again and make it to the clothing store, turning on passive mod to shop does nothing, you loose 100 bucks because the a-holes just run you over in a vehicle. Then to make it to an ATM to deposit money, again another camper there....No more for me, maybe invite only...

Are all your characters short? Lamar made a comment about how short my character was, did I miss a part in the character creation bit that allows you to change their height?

My guy looks like some crazy little eastern bloc psycho. Has scars all over his face and a shaved head. Based on how he looks I assumed he was a neo-nazi, but then he was hanging out with Lamar I have no idea what to think of him.

The previous character looked like Little Richard. Gotta love random character generation.

Double D

I'm not even given the option to load directly into Online mode at the loading screen anymore. Just says 'Loading Story Mode' with no button prompt. I switched to online (4th character slot) and now it's not even getting as far. Stuck at 'Waiting for Players'.

7he Talon

This character creator is awful. I was surprised by how complicated/convoluted it is, and how poor the character models look. Seriously, considering how high quality the rest of GTA V was, I'm shocked this is what they came up with for the online portion.

The faces remind me of the Rainbow Six Vegas models when you'd scan your face with the camera and it would overlay it on the model.

pringles

So, the servers finally worked so I managed to create my character and enter GTA Online and what a piece of shit it is... a freaking MMO.

No free mode (like GTA 4), no weapons scattered around town (like GTA 4). I have to earn/steal money to buy weapons, ammo etc. Fuck this MMO. I will never play GTA Online again.
If you create a invite/friend-only session isn't that basically Free Mode?

StewboaT_

THIS!

Unicorn

So after making a char, but not getting online, don't quit to XMB or dashboard. Just lost my char. Stats no longer appear in that slot. And now I'm getting "failed to host GTA online session." which I didn't get the previous time I tried to make a char. Maybe she isn't gone?

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I disabled it in the XMB.

Everything's gravy.

Updates download without even being signed into PSN or being on the latest firmware.

Actually, turns out it's much simpler than that to avoid the update. Just press Cancel (Circle) when the update prompt comes up, and you get signed out of PSN after which the game starts without updating. Should have been obvious I guess, I just didn't remember exactly what happens when you do that.

kmg90

Has there been any kind of word from Rockstar at all?

"We are working on it"

I understand launches are rough, being prepared for the huge rush of players trying the game at once but this is ridiculous...

They knew how many copies were sold, they had two weeks to get their infrastructure in order...

Social Club has been a disaster since launch (ifruit app and now this)

The cherry on top is the lack of an update on android Vita versions of the ifruit app...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The launching session thing never moves forward. My 360 went into the idle mode just waiting for it. :|

kmg90

No free mode (like GTA 4), no weapons scattered around town (like GTA 4). I have to earn/steal money to buy weapons, ammo etc. Fuck this MMO. I will never play GTA Online again.

2 questions

what platform

and is your avatar a drawing of Jeff from GB?

It may be related the the crew system maybe? I have been having trouble with the race pause. My girlfriend just made a character and got through the race just fine. Maybe she just made it in a small window of server traffic.

kingkitty

I'm still waiting to start the first racing mission with Lamar. I can hear the mumbles of another playing, asking "is this ready yet" "is anyone there" "hello?" I don't reply back because I'm too lazy, I just want this thing to start.

Night becomes day, and then day becomes night. I stand there with a pink t-shirt, in the middle of a parking lot, uncomfortably close to other people, who also seem to be waiting for Godot.

I will continue to wait.

Derrick01

Banned
I got on earlier in the day and you're not missing much. Its a cluster F*ck, spawn camping a-holes everywhere :(. After the first mission you spawn into the world you're greeted with spawn camping sh*ts. So you die and re-spawn again only to meet another spawn camping ass. Die again and re-spawn again and make it to the clothing store, turning on passive mod to shop does nothing, you loose 100 bucks because the a-holes just run you over in a vehicle. Then to make it to an ATM to deposit money, again another camper there....No more for me, maybe invite only...

This sounds like every multiplayer game ever. That's why I only want to get on and play a private free roam with a couple friends, or as many friends as I can get on there anyway.

That's why multiplayer sucks so much in general. People behave like trash.

Dartastic

I just wanna get pass the race
50KS8.png
That feel.

kotor22

Aw barnacles, been trying since I got home from work to get in. Gotta sleep soon . . Oh well! I know once I get in it will be GLORIOUS!! :D

Ilive1up

man, this game take a huge technical hit when online.

i managed to get past the race and into the open world. there's a lot to do, but nobody was talking and i got kind of bored. went back to single player.

hopefully in a week so everything will be a lot smoother. only put about an hour into it.

anddo0

I just noticed something. Earlier today, my character wasn't be shown on the character wheel. All of a sudden he's there, right below Franklin. The connection still failed, but maybe they're making some headway?

bud23

Has there been any kind of word from Rockstar at all?

Rockstar said:
[Updated 5:30 PM ET 10/1/13] GTA Online Launch Status -- Latest Updates

We will be updating this page as often as possible with the status of issues we are aware of and looking into.

-Occasional "Rockstar Cloud Servers Unavailable" error message
-Freezing sometimes while loading into first race in GTAO with "waiting for other players" on the screen
-Intermittent "Failed to Host a GTA Online Session" error messages
-Race Corona (start area, marker) occasionally not showing up for first race
Errors saying "Timed out when matchmaking for a compatible GTA Online Session to join"
-Occasional errors about jobs failing to start or load
-General issues with the Social Club site and Social Club features (slow loading,failed logins, emails not arriving, etc). For more information on Social Club status, please see: http://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/articles/200357093
-Misc. network and server-related error messages, disconnections, or cloud server errors
-Errors saying "Mission Failed" as soon as the mission begins during a session

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this. Thanks for your patience.

http://support.rockstargames.com/hc...6246-GTA-Online-Launch-Status-Latest-Updates-

What a fucking joke, Rockstar.

Top Bottom