• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT| The Stimulation Has Began!

Theecliff

Banned
What the hell is this character creation? Trying hard to make my guy have some sort of semblance to Ryan Gosling but having some trouble with this whole heritage and lifestyle thing. Why couldn't it have just been some normal character creation like every other game out there?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Someone needs to be slapped at R*.

So I'm robbing cars and selling for money. Then some guy joins me but is on the other side of the map. I thought I'll ignore him and maybe he will leave the session.

Next thing I know he's chased me down then looked at me shooting his gun in the air then kicks me.

WTF

My ranking is going to be so fucking screwed. I might as well delete this profile and start again.

Someone needs to be slapped at R*.

So I'm robbing cars and selling for money. Then some guy joins me but is on the other side of the map. I thought I'll ignore him and maybe he will leave the session.

Next thing I know he's chased me down then looked at me shooting his gun in the air then kicks me.

WTF

My ranking is going to be so fucking screwed. I might as well delete this profile and start again.
Ps3 or 360?

Ploid 3.0

Failed to host bullshit at least 50 times through out the day. Ps3. Im starting to worry its my rrouter. wtfing fuck.

It's not you, it's Rockstar. Don't change your setup, everyone is getting the same thing. People that get buy it's defense are lotto winners, especially on PS3.

Astery

tji1LYY.jpg

The problem I highlighted is still an issue for me. I'm waiting for another patch. I just beat the game and I can't access the online or the character wheel sometimes and the internet on my phone won't work. The minimap also disappears sometimes. Did anyone have these issues before the patch?

The strip club still locks up for eternity for me. Already beaten the game if that counts into anything.

Also only got as far as the intro in GTAO, the servers doesn't seem to be responding in any way for us PS3 users....:(

wizzbang

Banned
Yeah I think PS3 is just bunk at this point - luckily I don't really care too much, I'm a single player gamer just curious about MP really.

H1PSTER

Seems alright today on 360, I'm living in England so the time may have a lot to do with it.

I'm able to join games and it doesn't give me a 'failed mission' message as soon as I start.

Anyone else having any luck?

KoyukiNL

Neo Member
Played a couple of hours yesterday (on 360, in The Netherlands). It's definitely fun, but I hope the 'real' jobs become a bit more varied. The only thing I've done is "get this car" or "go here, kill some guys, take back the drugs". But I can visit
Lester
now, so I expect some different missions, hopefully with heli's etc.

Think I'm lucky to be in. That first Lamar race also worked for me, and not just with AI.

bitoriginal

Managed to get past the race last night. It said looking for players and suddenly launched a screen asking me to choose my car. Raced against Lamar only, beating him with an apparent 'world record'.

After that, everything worked smoothly, managed to get a couple of team death matches with 8 players, a race mode, and a mode where you have steal a rich dudes cars.

The controls are more complex than single player, and it's a bit daunting at first, but I've gotta say that it has potential when the servers actually begin to work.

360 in UK btw.

Just got one with 4 hours on 360. The only wait was for the initial race and that was only for maybe 5 minute tops. I was surprised at how many people I was able to get in games with. I always had 15 other people in the open world part and there was hardly any lag. I'm definitely glad I waited till this late in the evening to try it.

Edit: I was also surprised at how little griefing there was in my match. I completed 4 jobs with other people on my team and we worked together pretty well and in the open world part people pretty much just drove right past me and kept going.

Also, I LOVE the parachuting multiplayer. So simple, but addicting!

abracadaver

Tried for 3 hours yesterday on 360 before I could finally race against lamar. Then I bought clothes, killed some guys to get their drugs and repaired my car at ls customs.

There is a lot less traffic and pedestrians when playing online.

I hope it works tonight without having to wait forever.

Theecliff

Banned
God damn I'm hating this character creator. Spent a good 40ish minutes (including a random crash that forced me to start again) and still can't get the guy to look anything like Ryan Gosling.

Mindwipe

Anyone from the UK tried again this morning? Just wondering if it's now a bit quieter you'd be able to get past the initial race?

Would love to try it but i'm at work at the moment, although I will be working from home this afternoon.

On the 360 I was able to get that far (and another mission), though the end of race lobby was as glitchy as all hell.

gossi

Apparently Sony and Rockstar are working together to make the matchmaking code (which affects the first race) on PS3 you know... work.

partyboy

What the hell is this character creation? Trying hard to make my guy have some sort of semblance to Ryan Gosling but having some trouble with this whole heritage and lifestyle thing. Why couldn't it have just been some normal character creation like every other game out there?

Theecliff said:
God damn I'm hating this character creator. Spent a good 40ish minutes (including a random crash that forced me to start again) and still can't get the guy to look anything like Ryan Gosling.

lol

Mastadon

Banned
Played for a few hours last night (UK, 360). Thought it was great fun. The city free-roam is absolute carnage. Managed to blow all my money by dying a million times though :(

Ding-Ding

Source? Hopefully something gets worked out shortly. I really want to play this online. Lol.

Think he is getting it from R* twitter feed. Sony have said they are helping R* which R* retweeted but don't know where he is getting the info about 1st race

Edit. Beaten

I played for about 8 hours or so today. I got my person up to level 13. Not sure how I feel about them locking out certain activities until your a certain level. Also the amount of clothing and hair options are insane. Why such a limited selection in Single Player?

I absolutely love the co-op missions. They start getting really good once you hit lvl. 10+.

There is on missions type called Top Fun. It's a team of people on dirt bikes trying to get from the military base to the dock harbors. While the other team is trying to kill them. With rockets. From Jets.

It's so much fun having a jet in the sky trying to hit you with rockets and your just swerving in and out and doing jumps and just about anything you can to avoid them. It's intense.

psn

It was a tweet, I'll try to find it. I remember reading it when googling rockstar. It's pretty old.

A Playstation twitter tweet.

0frluPV.jpg

Yea right, "SOME" users are experiencing issues... Some....

A friend and me decided to take vacation time for GTA V, he even bought a new PS3 because his old was broken, now we have 2 PS3's and 2 46" TV'S at my home, trying to get past the annoying race..

Bad idea I guess..

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

There is on missions type called Top Fun. It's a team of people on dirt bikes trying to get from the military base to the dock harbors. While the other team is trying to kill them. With rockets. From Jets.

It's so much fun having a jet in the sky trying to hit you with rockets and your just swerving in and out and doing jumps and just about anything you can to avoid them. It's intense.

OK that sounds like the greatest thing ever. I want it now.

Top Bottom