• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

Pretty disappointed that the 2nd rockstar verified match, that race on the roof... I made an identical one on day 1 called "The Utlimate Velodrome," (and another Gaffer made a similar one), and alas, our's didn't bubble up.

is the only way to get these modes to add them to your game from the Social Club website and thn restart GTA:O, btw? Can you NOT add them from inside GTAO? tried to invite a friend to a couple custom ones and got a mysterious error every time

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
is the only way to get these modes to add them to your game from the Social Club website and thn restart GTA:O, btw? Can you NOT add them from inside GTAO? tried to invite a friend to a couple custom ones and got a mysterious error every time

I don't think you can add them manually from inside GTA, but I don't think there's anything preventing a player from being invited to join a custom game without first adding it through the Social Club. I've played several custom games with my brothers--even one that I had just saved and not published. They just joined the games after I invited them with no problems.

Also, the vehicles that you can get for free (the van, the Bifta, the Elegy--was there another?) can't be sold to LSC. I blew mine up to make room for Adders. (You can just replace them when you buy a new car if your garage is full, or drive a new car into a full garage, though. But my preferred method is actually to drive them into the ocean and order a new car; that way I don't have to wait for the new car to be delivered. I can just call my mechanic and he'll bring the car immediately.)

Mistel

Banned
Wait people are stock piling on Adders and Z-Types?

I can't even sell the ones in my garage. What's going on?

It was added in patch 1.07 notes I thought i'd broken something when I brought a hidden vehicle on the dock tease site when I first did it. The stock piling is for resale post money wipe to remove hacked money from the game adders is the best return followed by Z types (stock).

I found a blank ID page on elitas ID 9 nothing there just a blank place holder.

plainr_

It was added in patch 1.07 notes I thought i'd broken something when I brought a hidden vehicle on the dock tease site when I first did it. The stock piling is for resale post money wipe to remove hacked money from the game adders is the best return followed by Z types (stock).

I found a blank ID page on elitas ID 9 nothing there just a blank place holder.

Oh okay. Guess I'll be doing the same.

BTW does anybody know what the highest selling modded car you can give your friend to sell?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
the police alerting is stupid

I call my mechanic to bring me a car near the canyon

this fool drives fast as shit on this curvy road...so fast that he ending up driving off the mountain and the car exploded.

I guess someone got killed because I got 1 star

Mistel

Banned

this fool drives fast as shit on this curvy road...so fast that he ending up driving off the mountain and the car exploded.

My mechanic crashed into a tanker and blew up the merryweather mesa I ordered, they also keep putting on channel x as well :(.

lmao this game keeps on giving

K10gIoR.gif

Mistel

Banned
Mucking around doing stunt jumps I managed to get my sultan stuck
Yeah flandy my other character that is stockpiling cars is also identical as well (no idea how that happened just made the first one that popped up) so now their triplets :).

Flandy

Mucking around doing stunt jumps I managed to get my sultan stuck

Yeah flandy my other character that is stockpiling cars is also identical as well (no idea how that happened just made the first one that popped up) so now their triplets :).

You have the wrong glasses btw :p
Landed a prop plane in the river without blowing it up somehow.
Last one is a photo of my friend
Can't believe you're still running around as my clone D:

jobber

Stole a bus
left it in the middle of the road and hopped out.

a Dominator following me decided to drive into the oncoming lane where another Dominator was driving

the two cars started running into each other like two rams. This carried on for a good 20 minutes until they blew up at the same time. The bus also passes away from this encounter.
_______

I had a 1 star wanted level in Sandy Shores. I got away by walking slowly around a wall.

I decided to follow the cops back.

They get in the car and begin to ram a pole continuously for 5 minutes. The car began to emit black smoke. The cops get out and starting walking on the highway where they both get ran over.

____

Not a botch AI gameplay thing but a weird thing I've noticed over the last week. It seems to a car speeding faster than normal traffic. I even saw one driving the wrong way in traffic. So I decide to run into it. Dude came out the car shooting a machine gun. This was the game AI doing this. Not another player.

Another AI decides he didn't like me running into him inside Ammunation and started fighting me. Ammunation guy wasn't pleased and put 2 shotgun bullets in my back.

Mistel

Banned
You have the wrong glasses btw :p
Landed a prop plane in the river without blowing it up somehow.

Last one is a photo of my friend
Can't believe you're still running around as my clone D:

I did that so I knew who was who in the photos most of my bad landing involve lacking a wing once on the ground.

Flandy

I did that so I knew who was who in the photos most of my bad landing involve lacking a wing once on the ground.

I was trying to show off to my friend by going under the bridge that you can see in the last photo. I managed to go under it but I went too low and landed in the river :( My friend was super impressed that we didn't die on impact :lol There was another bridge right after the first one too. That photo was taken on the South West end of the Lake

jobber

I think I found another dup process.

If you order the Crusader jeep from Warstock go pick it up

You can take it to LSC but they only the only options you have are the repair it or put explosives in it.

When you go in LSC, all the non-personal vehicle data resets in the game (spawn new vehicles driving around).

This also means your Warstock vehicle data is reset. As soon as you leave LSC, you should get a text saying your vehicle was taken to storage. You can go pick up another one and keep doing this until everyone has a jeep.

As far as keeping it, I haven't figured that part out.

Now...the Canis Mesa..as you know has been banned from your garage, but Rockstar forgot to take out the personal vehicle options when you take it to LSC.

So go do a gang attack on the beach near the army base. At least one Canis Mesa will be there.
Once it's over, take it to Beekers. It should give you all the mod options including personal vehicle tracker and insurance.

Once you add a tracker, it will ask if you want to replace a vehicle in your garage. Do it.

Now the hard part is driving it all the way to your garage. When you get there, you'll get the message saying the vehicle can't be stored.

Leave it somewhere, go a few blocks away, then call your mechanic to drop it off. Once he does that, you should be able to drive it in your garage with no issues.

earlier tonight, I was out with the Canis Mesa and left it by my apartment. Went to the downtown LSC, called my mechanic to bring my Canis Mesa. I drove back to my garage and the Canis Mesa I left was still in the same spot. This was a duplicate Canis Mesa I was driving. I went to drive the old one in my garage but the door wouldn't open :(

Mistel

Banned
I was trying to show off to my friend by going under the bridge that you can see in the last photo. I managed to go under it but I went too low and landed in the river :( My friend was super impressed that we didn't die on impact :lol There was another bridge right after the first one too. That photo was taken on the South West end of the Lake
I'm impressed you did it I nearly did it then I died. The duster is super useful for stuff like this so I used that. If I succeed I'll take some photos.

Now...the Canis Mesa..as you know has been banned from your garage, but Rockstar forgot to take out the personal vehicle options when you take it to LSC.

So go do a gang attack on the beach near the army base. At least one Canis Mesa will be there.
Once it's over, take it to Beekers. It should give you all the mod options including personal vehicle tracker and insurance.

Once you add a tracker, it will ask if you want to replace a vehicle in your garage. Do it.

Now the hard part is driving it all the way to your garage. When you get there, you'll get the message saying the vehicle can't be stored.

Leave it somewhere, go a few blocks away, then call your mechanic to drop it off. Once he does that, you should be able to drive it in your garage with no issues.

earlier tonight, I was out with the Canis Mesa and left it by my apartment. Went to the downtown LSC, called my mechanic to bring my Canis Mesa. I drove back to my garage and the Canis Mesa I left was still in the same spot. This was a duplicate Canis Mesa I was driving. I went to drive the old one in my garage but the door wouldn't open :(
If your really desperate for a mesa (why remove it anyway?) Merryweather mesa's are still storable,why not get one of these instead?
The vehicle spawn system is awful, why spawn cars that you need to purchase to mod in traffic? (normal mesa are the car I've seen most in traffic saw like 80 today).

jobber

If your really desperate for a mesa (why remove it anyway?) Merryweather mesa's are still storable,why not get one of these instead?
The vehicle spawn system is awful, why spawn cars that you need to purchase to mod in traffic? (normal mesa are the car I've seen most in traffic saw like 80 today).

No no no...the Mesa I have is mine and it's still in my garage. It's a Merryweather jeep because the gang attack is Merryweather guys. So yeah..you can't store that vehicle by normal methods.

I just thought it was odd that the game didn't get rid of the mesa I left by my garage when I called the mechanic to bring it

Mistel

Banned
No no no...the Mesa I have is mine and it's still in my garage. It's a Merryweather jeep because the gang attack is Merryweather guys. So yeah..you can't store that vehicle by normal methods.

I just thought it was odd that the game didn't get rid of the mesa I left by my garage when I called the mechanic to bring it
Mine goes in and out of my garage fine. Instead of a gang attack I got mine from mercenaries, do you have the patch notes for when this happened that we can't store merry weather mesa's?

As for not getting in that's how the delivery system works, it leaves the first one inaccessible after delivery of another personal vehicle. Destroying it doesn't cost you insurance either.

Me and my Franklin's Buffalo (This is my 2nd character and yes, it's a female)
Another nearly identical character Flandy, I wonder how hard it would be to fill a lobby with the identical characters.

Little late on the tank commentary, but a buddy was saying by dropping grenades on the tops of tanks, he was blowing them up with 1 (that's ONE) 'nade. I haven't tested this, as I am at work, and do not own a tank, but something for all the others out there in Los Santos.

But yea, nade the very top part of the tank. He said he was on building rooftops, taking out waves of tanks coming his way. He is a bit of an embellisher, but who knows?!? You learn something new each time you play the game.

Mistel

Banned
Little late on the tank commentary, but a buddy was saying by dropping grenades on the tops of tanks, he was blowing them up with 1 (that's ONE) 'nade. I haven't tested this, as I am at work, and do not own a tank, but something for all the others out there in Los Santos.

But yea, nade the very top part of the tank. He said he was on building rooftops, taking out waves of tanks coming his way. He is a bit of an embellisher, but who knows?!? You learn something new each time you play the game.

I'll try soon then and report back testing things is half the stuff I do online anyway I'll try on both the main body and the turret itself with grenades to account for variables.

As for landing in a river without blowing up:
The Titan still works shame there isn't an air hostess outfit like the ones on those billboards at the air port.

jobber

fuck the mechanic

FUUUUUCK HIM

I call this idiot for my ride while I'm going inside an Ammunation. I buy my stuff and wonder where my car is. This idiot is outside ramming a gas tank like 2 dogs screwing each other. Before I could get to the car to stop him....

7Zjet5E.jpg

Flandy

fuck the mechanic

FUUUUUCK HIM

I call this idiot for my ride while I'm going inside an Ammunation. I buy my stuff and wonder where my car is. This idiot is outside ramming a gas tank like 2 dogs screwing each other. Before I could get to the car to stop him....

7Zjet5E.jpg

I don't think I could even be mad if my Mechanic managed to do that

jobber

just in case you couldn't see

yngvJEl.jpg

why do i have to pay insurance for this idiot then turn around pay him $75 a day

fuck that

I just unloaded 100 bullets into his charred body

I feel better.

Mistel

Banned

I have tested it I couldn't get one grenade kill averaging 7 for the upper hull and 6 for the turret. Sticky bombs took 9 and 7 too kill.
I would try Molotov's but I don't have them.

I have tested it I couldn't get one grenade kill averaging 7 for the upper hull and 6 for the turret. Sticky bombs took 9 and 7 too kill.

Wait, you can get molotovs in this? Or do you mwan the Jerry Can?

Someone should test tear gas on top of an idle, occupied tank and see if you can suffocate the driver while they're inside. If you can, maybe it's possible to wedge the canister in a certain spot to snuff out moving drivers.

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

Someone should test tear gas on top of an idle, occupied tank and see if you can suffocate the driver while they're inside. If you can, maybe it's possible to wedge the canister in a certain spot to snuff out moving drivers.

You can get Molotovs from ammo drops.

Mistel

Banned

You can get Molotovs from ammo drops.

Well in that case i'll give them a go and I can do the tear gas solo, due to that delay between throwing and activation of the canister shouldn't take long to determine how effective they are.

Tawpgun

Yeah my most effective non tank way to kill a tank is to load up 5 stickies on to a car, hide radar, and suicide bomb. Might try to ditch the car an survive.

I do this twice and the tank is down.
Still an obnoxious way to kill the damn thing.

Yeah my most effective non tank way to kill a tank is to load up 5 stickies on to a car, hide radar, and suicide bomb. Might try to ditch the car an survive.

I do this twice and the tank is down.
Still an obnoxious way to kill the damn thing.

It'd be equally impossible and superfluous, but now I want to try carpet bombing it.

-load up a car with 5 stickies, more if using multiple players
-have the non-sticky player pilot a cargobob, pick up car
-have sticky players either ride shotgun or watch from a distance with snipers, etc.
-have all participants go off radar
-bring cargobob high enough that it's out of the tank's firing axis
-drop car on tank, detonate bombs

An aerial drop might be a little more feasible as long as you stay high and the tank isn't going full throttle and making quick turns.

If you're sneaky about it, you could always park sticky cars in certain areas in advance. How much damage does a remote bomb do? Does it just detonate with the force of an exploding car, or is more damage involved?

Mistel

Banned
It'd be equally impossible and superfluous, but now I want to try carpet bombing it.

-load up a car with 5 stickies, more if using multiple players
-have the non-sticky player pilot a cargobob, pick up car
-have sticky players either ride shotgun or watch from a distance with snipers, etc.
-have all participants go off radar
-bring cargobob high enough that it's out of the tank's firing axis
-drop car on tank, detonate bombs

An aerial drop might be a little more feasible as long as you stay high and the tank isn't going full throttle and making quick turns.

If you're sneaky about it, you could always park sticky cars in certain areas in advance. How much damage does a remote bomb do? Does it just detonate with the force of an exploding car, or is more damage involved?

Car explosions do do more damage I think i set a car on fire next to a a tanker and truck and the tank and the destroyed the tank. As for the molotov cocktails they did nothing to the tank, same for the tear gas harming occupant of the tank. It takes quite a few stickes to kill a tank even at the weak points like the engine and the turret.

Cool, thanks for testing it. Knew this guy had a bit of that silver tounge. I like that multiple stickies on a car idea. I can only imagine the craziness that will ensue if it gets pulled off successfully.

Mistel

Banned
Cool, thanks for testing it. Knew this guy had a bit of that silver tounge. I like that multiple stickies on a car idea. I can only imagine the craziness that will ensue if it gets pulled off successfully.
It takes 9 to 10 stickies to kill the tank for full health pegasus delivery, I suspect that it might take less with the car. I'll try see what I get with the car explosion damage against the tank.

Mistel

Banned
Does the explosion need to happen from the rear?

Nope the tank is damageable from all sides with the upper hull being the most vulnerable at the turret so its this:
luke-skywalker-trench-run-o.gif

In a nutshell really.
Edit: because of the max elevation and the huge vertical blind zone from above an attack should be easier.

E92 M3

Nope the tank is damageable from all sides with the upper hull being the most vulnerable at the turret so its this:
luke-skywalker-trench-run-o.gif

In a nutshell really.
Edit: because of the max elevation and the huge vertical blind zone from above an attack should be easier.

I'm gonna mess around with that today. Also get on the Cargo Swag train and see if I can jack a tank into the ocean lol.

Do you play on 360? It'd be fun to play with more GAF people.

Mistel

Banned
I'm gonna mess around with that today. Also get on the Cargo Swag train and see if I can jack a tank into the ocean lol.

Do you play on 360? It'd be fun to play with more GAF people.
Yep i'm on 360 i'm fluttering between donging people on halo 4, ruining a wasteland on new vegas and doing random stuff on Online.

As for the tanks with the cargobob I've done that already and it works but it would be interesting to see if you could shoot one as it picks you up. We could try that if you want i'I've got all the Pegasus vehicles anyway so that's no issue my Gamertag is deadly bl0ss0m
got no mic but that shouldn't be and issue

Yep i'm on 360 i'm fluttering between donging people on halo 4, ruining a wasteland on new vegas and doing random stuff on Online.

As for the tanks with the cargobob I've done that already and it works but it would be interesting to see if you could shoot one as it picks you up. We could try that if you want i'I've got all the Pegasus vehicles anyway so that's no issue my Gamertag is deadly bl0ss0m
got no mic but that shouldn't be and issue

I think you'd be able to shoot it if you spent more than five seconds loading it on. Cargobobs and tanks are finnicky, though; Daedalos (from halogaf) and I got a seamless, one-try pickup the first time, and I practically blew myself up trying to hook him on the second time.

Top Bottom