• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

Mistel

Banned
What kind of wipe?
Oh the best kind possible(sarcasm)
cnFrVdz.png

Their wiping hacked money from everyone, which is stupid it's probably keeping people playing.

Oh the best kind possible(sarcasm)
cnFrVdz.png

Their wiping hacked money from everyone, which is stupid it's probably keeping people playing.

Oh dear R* what have you done?

The only people playing are the ones who have exploited money just to make free roam fun.

Do they think I'm gonna play after this or buy GTA$?

Lol.

Also if they can do this why can't they give me the 5 levels I lost?

Mistel

Banned

The only people playing are the ones who have exploited money just to make free roam fun.
Yep I'd rather play free roam than those awful missions, it's easier to kill a whole lobby for a crate drop for RP than the missions. Otherwise it's just dull.

E92 M3

That seems likely, it's probably the wipe there doing next patch.

Do they think I'm gonna play after this or buy GTA$?

Lol.

Also if they can do this why can't they give me the 5 levels I lost?

I'm not playing until a second patch as a precaution for any new algorithms they may have introduced in 1.09. Yes, it's all speculative, but if they take away all of my cash (which made me return to the game) I will probably quit playing. Online is not that fun unless there is chaos in free roam lol.

Mistel

Banned
I'm not playing until a second patch as a precaution for any new algorithms they may have introduced in 1.09. Yes, it's all speculative, but if they take away all of my cash (which made me return to the game) I will probably quit playing. Online is not that fun unless there is chaos in free roam lol.

It's most likely wise to wait, If they patch that resale feature for expensive cars back out again then i'll have no money at all, i'm not going to sit through dull missions again.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
today, my mechanic decided to deliver my car INSIDE LSC.

I thought it was a glitched map or something but I had to steal a car to get LSC to open up and there's my car..sitting inside.

Tawpgun

Done that I own all of the Pegasus vehicle's and two 10 car garages, full of cars. It didn't make a dent in the trillions I was gifted. It's a shame that all of the money will go for good :(.

Wait we can have two 10 car garages?

Can you have your house garage and a standalone garage?

Mistel

Banned
Wait we can have two 10 car garages?

Can you have your house garage and a standalone garage?
Nope I've got two character's they share the same bank account, so I've probably got the most overpowered level five character as It was used for tests so has a tank, buzzard etc.

Reule

I haven't played since I heard they took the Ratloader away. If you had one in your garage, is there just a missing slot there now or what? I'll probably play again when the next patch hits. Hope Heists are soon, friends of mine are ready to trade it in for games out in March.

Okay I just watched a video on YouTube of some dude trying out his apparent self-made mission.

When has that been implemented in the game ?!

Am I crazy or haven't I seen the thread ?

E92 M3

SPEND.

EVERYTHING.

I'm actually trying to fly under the radar by not spending anything - if they're looking for any high-roller activity. Who knows if that's right or wrong. Either way, my future with this game is contingent on what happens after the upcoming economy balance.

Mistel

Banned
I'm actually trying to fly under the radar by not spending anything - if they're looking for any high-roller activity. Who knows if that's right or wrong. Either way, my future with this game is contingent on what happens after the upcoming economy balance.
It's a certainly grey area as they can track the money gifted to us, if they can remove our purchases with it shouldn't be an issue as most people will be broke afterwards. I'm most likely going to trade in my copy as well single player isn't as engaging as I hoped.

don't worry guys, heists will be here soon(in 2020) and then we can get
$80,000
per heist completion(that's before splitting it with your teammates of course).

yay.........

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
don't worry guys, heists will be here soon(in 2020) and then we can get
$80,000
per heist completion(that's before splitting it with your teammates of course).

yay.........

Most of whom will be NPCs, natch. Hey, look everyone! It's Nico Bellic (remember him?) and he's on your team!!! And he's a SUPERSTAR!

So he gets an 80% cut and you get Ps & Qs.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Dear god man, just quit now and save us the inevitable hissy fit when they take the money.

As we are all finding, having millions in the bank breaks the game. Some of us have been 'lucky' enough to have a windfall and have now bought everything the game has to offer. And so now, I'm finding that there really isn't any more point in playing other than just to be a massive dick in free roam. And that's fine but it doesn't really cost all that much money, you could do it pretty much the same with 100k in the bank as with 100mil.

I would be quite happy if they removed all the money and all the stuff we bought with it. We didn't earn it, and while having a pink pearlescent adder is fun, it feels empty and hollow still. I got my Entity legit, that's my real car.

Also everyone needs their tanks taken away, it's not fun and more.

Ted

I logged a few hours this weekend for the first time in awhile and I like the changes R* have made. Just separating the co-op from PvP missions in the "Join Job" section of the Online tab of the pause menu has made a tremendous difference to the ease in which I can get to the content I want to play.

I enjoyed doing a bunch of co-op jobs with random people and then I spent some time cycling round San Andreas on my BMX (much to the annoyance it seems of anyone who owns a chrome/pink Adder) taking in the sights. At one point I got a little too close to a tank battle and had to spend 10 or 15 minutes frantically pedaling through enclosed back alleys to escape the barrage of artillery thudding down around me before eventually escaping down into the subway.

Tank Commander 0, BMX Bandit 1. Get some.

E92 M3

Dear god man, just quit now and save us the inevitable hissy fit when they take the money.

As we are all finding, having millions in the bank breaks the game. Some of us have been 'lucky' enough to have a windfall and have now bought everything the game has to offer. And so now, I'm finding that there really isn't any more point in playing other than just to be a massive dick in free roam. And that's fine but it doesn't really cost all that much money, you could do it pretty much the same with 100k in the bank as with 100mil.

I would be quite happy if they removed all the money and all the stuff we bought with it. We didn't earn it, and while having a pink pearlescent adder is fun, it feels empty and hollow still. I got my Entity legit, that's my real car.

Also everyone needs their tanks taken away, it's not fun and more.

First of all I don't do hissy fits.

The only reason I am playing this game is because of the money -- otherwise it's a boring time sink. The mission lobbies are half empty, the payout sucks, RP gain is slow and there is no matchmaking to boot. The most fun I've had with this game is messing around in free roam and not having to worry about money. I'm not hating for what you enjoy so don't hate on what I like. Also, many would agree that the money has made the game fun for them again.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
First of all I don't do hissy fits.

The only reason I am playing this game is because of the money -- otherwise it's a boring time sink. The mission lobbies are half empty, the payout sucks, RP gain is slow and there is no matchmaking to boot. The most fun I've had with this game is messing around in free roam and not having to worry about money. I'm not hating for what you enjoy so don't hate on what I like. Also, many would agree that the money has made the game fun for them again.

But you're basically saying that your just don't enjoy GTAO. So why not stop playing now and save yourself the inevitable heartache?

I stand firm on my belief that you can have lots and lots of fun in free roam for very little money anyway. You can make 25k in 10 mins which can buy all the ammo you'd need for hours and the rest of the stuff (planes, helis, fancy cars) can be bought or stolen legitimately.

The only thing I can think of that is cost prohibitive would be all the tanks which are kinda ruining the game right now anyway (apart from the instances you I want to be a massive dick myself, they're ok then :p ).

So tell me, what do you use your billions to do that you can't do otherwise?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I logged a few hours this weekend for the first time in awhile and I like the changes R* have made. Just separating the co-op from PvP missions in the "Join Job" section of the Online tab of the pause menu has made a tremendous difference to the ease in which I can get to the content I want to play.

I enjoyed doing a bunch of co-op jobs with random people and then I spent some time cycling round San Andreas on my BMX (much to the annoyance it seems of anyone who owns a chrome/pink Adder) taking in the sights. At one point I got a little too close to a tank battle and had to spend 10 or 15 minutes frantically pedaling through enclosed back alleys to escape the barrage of artillery thudding down around me before eventually escaping down into the subway.

Tank Commander 0, BMX Bandit 1. Get some.

Yeah I really like how they fixed the random missions to make them joinable. I've played dozens of them lately, never started a single one myself. Great fun.

I managed to get into a room with a bunch of people who were playing imaginative free roam - not so much with the blowing up, lots of synchronized skydiving and daredevil piloting though. This game is great fun when people try to think outside of the box. Unfortunately there are way more imaginatively moribund people out there :(

Nope I've got two character's they share the same bank account, so I've probably got the most overpowered level five character as It was used for tests so has a tank, buzzard etc.

That's actually a pretty good idea if I wanted more than 10 cars. I'm pretty much happy with 8 right now, I'm just trying to find 2 extras I want before they steal our jerbs.

I also demand a lifetime certificate for sticky bombs, because it's the only thing I've ever used my money on beyond cars.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
That's actually a pretty good idea if I wanted more than 10 cars. I'm pretty much happy with 8 right now, I'm just trying to find 2 extras I want before they steal our jerbs.

I also demand a lifetime certificate for sticky bombs, because it's the only thing I've ever used my money on beyond cars.

I've gone for one car for each class, plus two bikes (Akuma and Sanchez), all fully upgraded for racing. Never want to be caught out driving a shitty heap when the lobby leader chooses custom Coupes.

edit: people get super confused when you beat them in an upgraded Sanchez or Injection - I don't think people remember to upgrade those cars. Everything in my garage bar the Adder was bought and upgraded with legit money too.

Tawpgun

Nerf tanks.

Tanks is all free roam has turned into.

Was in a lobby where my crew was trying to fight off 2 guys who would get in tanks, kill people/us, then we bring them down, and they go into passive mode and spawn a new tank. Rinse and repeat.

SOUNDS FUN ROCKSTAR

Side note, I finally found a Cheval Picadaor (the El Camino) and really disappointed in its customization options

E92 M3

But you're basically saying that your just don't enjoy GTAO. So why not stop playing now and save yourself the inevitable heartache?

I stand firm on my belief that you can have lots and lots of fun in free roam for very little money anyway. You can make 25k in 10 mins which can buy all the ammo you'd need for hours and the rest of the stuff (planes, helis, fancy cars) can be bought or stolen legitimately.

The only thing I can think of that is cost prohibitive would be all the tanks which are kinda ruining the game right now anyway (apart from the instances you I want to be a massive dick myself, they're ok then :p ).

So tell me, what do you use your billions to do that you can't do otherwise?

Well, technically I don't have billions - just a lot of millions :p

When it comes to the tank and what not - I like to do creative stuff with it: Like Stormtrooper and I talked about earlier about how we were attaching tanks to cargobobs and having air battles. I also like driving around with the tank and not shooting - just seeing how people react. And you're right, the Online Rockstar envisioned I don't enjoy.

I think that if they implement a matchmaking system, most of my annoyances would be alleviated. My disdain stems from the fact that getting into missions, races, deathmatches takes wayyyyyyyyy too long and most of the time they are half empty, and after they are done there is a 2 minute waste of various voting options. I want quick, snappy matchmaking with minimal wait time. That is fun! If it was like COD or Halo where you can get a match every 30 seconds then I'd be a lot more happier.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

When it comes to the tank and what not - I like to do creative stuff with it: Like Stormtrooper and I talked about earlier about how we were attaching tanks to cargobobs and having air battles. I also like driving around with the tank and not shooting - just seeing how people react. And you're right, the Online Rockstar envisioned I don't enjoy.

I think that if they implement a matchmaking system, most of my annoyances would be alleviated. My disdain stems from the fact that getting into missions, races, deathmatches takes wayyyyyyyyy too long and most of the time they are half empty, and after they are done there is a 2 minute waste of various voting options. I want quick, snappy matchmaking with minimal wait time. That is fun! If it was like COD or Halo where you can get a match every 30 seconds then I'd be a lot more happier.

I agree that matchmaking could be a lot better. But it is there. If you go join race/mission/lynching/whatever you are being matchmade. They're just not very good. I've gotten used to this tbh, a four player race is good enough for me.

Half of the time I'll just stalk people in tanks through tight alleyways, mountains, etc. waiting until I get in close and blare my horn. If they shoot back or get too feisty I'll blow them up, but it's amazing to see people try and gun it to get the hell out of there when I'm not even shooting. Sometimes I'll pretend to try and line up a shot to see what they do.

Mistel

Banned
Side note, I finally found a Cheval Picadaor (the El Camino) and really disappointed in its customization options
Only the sabre and Buckner have good customization options. I disagree that playing legitimately to purchase stuff is enjoyable, hacked money makes the over inflated purchase easier.

plainr_

Nerf tanks.

Tanks is all free roam has turned into.

Was in a lobby where my crew was trying to fight off 2 guys who would get in tanks, kill people/us, then we bring them down, and they go into passive mode and spawn a new tank. Rinse and repeat.

SOUNDS FUN ROCKSTAR

If you are decent at piloting a Jet, you can destroy Tanks easily with the cannons.

Tawpgun

If you are decent at piloting a Jet, you can destroy Tanks easily with the cannons.

I consider myself pretty good, but the draw distance isn't kind. If they are in the more dense part of the city it takes forever to get a decent shot and then it takes a few runs at that.

I've done it but eh, its easier to kill them on the ground with suicide runs.

E92 M3

They will most likely be placed in a cheater's lobby, but the cash made the experience far better for me than the base game.

Preach it lol.

In all honesty, though, I think it's just maintenance with nothing special attached. Don't want to get my hopes up for any massive changes.

Chuckl3s

Preach it lol.

In all honesty, though, I think it's just maintenance with nothing special attached. Don't want to get my hopes up for any massive changes.

So far looking at Social Club, looks like they removed the hacked money. But if you purchased lets say 10 Adders...they are still in the garage.

Mistel

Banned
So far looking at Social Club, looks like they removed the hacked money. But if you purchased lets say 10 Adders...they are still in the garage.
As long as the resale thing isn't patched out I can get some money very easily, with the stored adders.

Mistel

Banned
I wouldn't count on it if I were you.
Yeah that's my thinking, it's unlikely they are going to fix the broken economy of their own design. Most likely they are either removing feature's such as the tank be accessible to everyone and other broken things.

Oh man, the tears in the comments... I could salt my driveway with all of them.

I'm apparently back down to 451K which is close to where I was before the modders/exploiters put me up to over 4.6B. We keep all the items bought with that money so yeah, I got nine or ten Adders to dump and I doubt they've done anything to prevent it unless we're going to have another patch before being able to play GTAO again that stops site bought cars from being sold again. Gonna need it if they didn't fix the tank issues, I imagine the kids will be raging hard and using them to lash out in game.

Oh how I hope the loud mouthed, squealy little shits who used that exploit get banned. Nothing like hearing a ten year old try to be an internet bad ass.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Looks like I am down to 200k :( And did not buy ten adders. I have so much salt right now lol.

Are you going to quit as promised?

edit: got 240k in my account and a garage full of fully modded cars. I think I'm good for the life of the game now.

E92 M3

Are you going to quit as promised?

edit: got 240k in my account and a garage full of fully modded cars. I think I'm good for the life of the game now.

Most likely yes, unless another easy money glitch surfaces. I do have a huge backlog and I'm not interested in spending my precious gaming time suffering through a boring grind :(

I'm just kicking myself for being lazy and not stuffing a second character's garage with adders.

Top Bottom