• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

Stat!

simeon is offering like 12+k per jackal this weekend- and the armored trucks have been spawning like crazy. I would like take a moment and share my technique for robbing armored trucks. 1. put on a mask 2. park in front of truck 3. run to the back of truck and pull out sawed off shotty or auto. 4. shoot between doors 5. grab money and get back in car

The final step is the difference between dealing with helicopters or just try hard police- 3 vs 2 stars. when outside of visibility just take the mask off. I wish they added a button for quick access to the masks. I got alot of masks..it sucks scrolling thru them all while getting chased.
Thats a good idea. How much money do you get per truck? I have a feeling it'll be a lot of trucks.

And once outside visibility, can I remain in the car if I take off my mask or no?

Thats a good idea. How much money do you get per truck? I have a feeling it'll be a lot of trucks.

And once outside visibility, can I remain in the car if I take off my mask or no?

yeah, when you take the mask off the wanted lvl drops 1 star, It's best if you're in your ride by then..faster to getaway. They drop about 5k-11k average per truck but It's random, some won't even drop anything. Also this method saves ammo and sticky bombs that cut into profits. The downside you're out in the open..til you get back in your ride. The cash drops at your feet tho, and it only takes about 3-4 shots to open the doors.

Ok, i might be a bit dim, but i don't really understand what is now required of me to join the gaf crew. I've already requested an invite through social club, what else do i need to do?
What system are you playing on? If on PS3, send me a PM.
which crew there's 2- the first crew doesnt even except requests. the newest crew judging by the state of the thread title etc..well, imo it seems like just a placeholder til the PC /X1/PS4 version drops.
To date, I have not gotten a single PM on here or the Social Club regarding people wanting to join the older PS3 crew. I still have friends in it that play from time to time, and I know they are rarely on here now a days. I doubt they would go for the new crew, so I am sticking with them.

If you are sedning a message or FR regarding the crew, please include some GTA details about it, as blank FR's are meaningless to me if you can't take the time to type a few characters explaining the nature of the request.

Tawpgun

No as far as I am aware they haven't raised payouts.
Fucking bullshit. I was so hyped for this GTA online thing, and despite it flopping pretty bad on launch I managed to have some fun. But it's still very flawed and not designed too well. It takes hours of grinding to afford a sports car. Still no heists....

Now that my xbone is coming in today I'll probably not be touching GTAO again unless it's to try the heists out if they get come.

Shame, it had so much potential too. Hope there's a port for next gen.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Fucking bullshit. I was so hyped for this GTA online thing, and despite it flopping pretty bad on launch I managed to have some fun. But it's still very flawed and not designed too well. It takes hours of grinding to afford a sports car. Still no heists....

Now that my xbone is coming in today I'll probably not be touching GTAO again unless it's to try the heists out if they get come.

Shame, it had so much potential too. Hope there's a port for next gen.

The new shit is DLC though, I think having it high enough to need players to 'buy' money is just fine. New content ain't free yo. And you can grind the money still. And you don't even need the new shit.

What system are you playing on? If on PS3, send me a PM.

To date, I have not gotten a single PM on here or the Social Club regarding people wanting to join the older PS3 crew. I still have friends in it that play from time to time, and I know they are rarely on here now a days. I doubt they would go for the new crew, so I am sticking with them.

If you are sedning a message or FR regarding the crew, please include some GTA details about it, as blank FR's are meaningless to me if you can't take the time to type a few characters explaining the nature of the request.

did u know they raised the crew limit to 1k? why not just merge them? or just too much trouble etc?

MisterHero

I got to Lvl120+ and finally have a permanent minigun.

I'm kinda interested in joining the GAF crew but it's a bit of work to sign up for a website just for this. Is it worth it even if I don't have a microphone?

Sessions with familiar people have become more desirable lately because I spawned 2 or 3 times in my garage and glitchers shot me. :p

did u know they raised the crew limit to 1k? why not just merge them? or just too much trouble etc?
The crew limit wasn't really the issue. Before, when I would play, I would never find anyone from the crew that's on. Now, anytime I see another crew member, they either leave the room immediately, or they kill me constantly for some reason. Because of that, I usually only play with my friends, and they are all in the original ps3 Gaf crew. I pretty much helped them set up their Social Club accounts, and I don't think they care too much to go somewhere else. So I'm sticking with the current crew, Gaf "classic", if you will. One day I'll join the new crew, just in case I get time to play and no one is on. I mean, you can be in 4 or 5 crews at a time. But I'm lazy. Powerfully lazy. So we shall see.
I got to Lvl120+ and finally have a permanent minigun.

I'm kinda interested in joining the GAF crew but it's a bit of work to sign up for a website just for this. Is it worth it even if I don't have a microphone?

Sessions with familiar people have become more desirable lately because I spawned 2 or 3 times in my garage and glitchers shot me. :p
No mic play is absolutely do-able, it just makes it a little more difficult to coordinate crazy things on the fly. With the upcoming heists, that could definitely make it much more difficult. As a reminder, all bluetooth headsets work with ps3, so at least there is that (if you are on ps3 that is!). Otherwise I think a mic could be obtainable for $10-15, likely. Joining the social club is pretty easy, you can sign in using facebook, takes just a few clicks, and then you can change your privacy settings to keep that real life stuff a secret should you care to do so. If you don't have el crapbook, then creating an account isn't that bad.

I can't remember the name of the new Crew, but it is located on the last page or two. If you want the classic PS3 crew - Gaming Age Family (NGAF), just shoot me a PM with your deets and I'll set you up. I am on here and there, at least 2 times a week, but I am also trying to clear my backlog for now so I can play GTA:O without feeling like I am ignoring all of my other games. There has been about 1-3 people in the crew playing each time I log on, but like I said, my recent run ins with clan members hasn't been the best due to their inability to keep their bullets out of me. Heck, do both, maximize the fun.

Ted

The new cars are pretty sweet, I foolishly tried them in SP and now kind of want all three!

The new cars are pretty sweet, I foolishly tried them in SP and now kind of want all three!
They are all pretty slick indeed. I think I like the Jester the most. Not the fastest car, no, but you can close up the back window to stop bullets, and it has a great sound with it.
The Comet is still my favorite car though.

The Vestra takes the cake though for the new vehicles. It's fast, looks cool as hell, and allows for one passenger! Just a tad pricey...

Edit:
My previous post almost makes it seem like the og Gaf crew (NGAF) are a bunch of soulless monsters. They aren't at all. Just one or two bad apples it seems. Don't let that discourage anyone from wanting to join! My biggest advice though, crew or no, get a group of friends that play this, and stick with them. Fun is guaranteed as long as you play with people you know.

Had fun getting demolished last night with my female avatar with a braless jacket and white lacy undergarments. Kept getting ran over doing demolition derby maps.

Mistel

Banned
Had fun getting demolished last night with my female avatar with a braless jacket and white lacy undergarments. Kept getting ran over doing demolition derby maps.
What you are doing popped into my head as something most likely far far dirtier than it actually is...

What you are doing popped into my head as something most likely far far dirtier than it actually is...

You could theoretically on the 360 glitch yourself so you're complete topless. I pretty much did what I did for the reactions mostly. There was so much misogyny from other players that it was sad. I only really laughed when I got ran over in suggestive ways.

(Imagine a nearly naked chick pulling people out of their vehicles and stomping them with heels, and in return get ran over in the most suggestive ways.)

Fuck Deathmatch. Rockstar was even more incompetent than usual with this. Stupid fucking screen effect whenever you're on a kill or losing streak (along with your blip being visible until you die in the case of the former), players constantly calling Lester to reveal positions for a minute (!) and then bombing the shit out of them. Oh, and I seem to constantly get put on the side with less players if there's an odd number in the lobby, even if I'm the lowest level. Wonder what happened to the guys who did Max Payne 3's multiplayer. Wasn't perfect, but it was waaay better than this unbalanced shitshow.

Mistel

Banned
Really surprised major gaming outlets haven't talked about it that much.
Three updates the beach bum pack, valentines and business pack. Updates up to 1.11 so that's a lot of title updates that have happened and squat has been said about heists other than that they're coming. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if this was being used as a test bed for a later port of the game (if one is released) that has the features in it.

Why else has it taken this long for nothing to happen?

I'm more excite about the final version of the content creator than heists. I usually hit the random button on my phone and do races/death matches people have made, but haven't been verified yet. I bookmarked a few, but alot just don't work.

Mistel

Banned
I'm more excite about the final version of the content creator than heists. I usually hit the random button on my phone and do races/death matches people have made, but haven't been verified yet. I bookmarked a few, but alot just don't work.
Content creator whilst a nice addition to the online environment still has its issues like you describe. It has parallels with forge maps in Halo where when it works and is done properly it it's all well and good. But on the other hand if it's done poorly it's just a broken unplayable mess. Excluding of course the fact that most forge maps are ugly, unplayable on splitscreen and generally not worthy of inclusion in the matchmaking environment. It's a nice feature but it needs more player meta options access for it to be something worthy of it's usage so hopefully what the final version brings.

But I don't have hopes of that releasing in the foreseeable future. I mean the population at this point must have taken quite a drop since release of the online mode. I'm quite lackadaisical to the updates at this point I feel that whilst fixing bugs etc that little meaningful focus has been placed on providing an enjoyable experience other than promises. Honestly how many people are willing to stick around for a promise?

One race i tried starts from the top of Simeons import/export garage that ends at Franklin's house, and everyone was in clown vans. There was another race from the same user that takes places around the Cluckin Bell HQ, and everyone is driving taco trucks. Both were fun enough to get bookmarked.

I also tried one that took place in a canyon, it was an off road race. The guy wrote in the description "NO BIFTAS!" so of course 1 person had to use one..big mistake. That poor bifta kept drowning because the race went over the water about 3-4 times. Anything other than a sandking and it was a fight staying on the path, I was in a bohdi and barely won it. The race started with 5 people by the end it was just me and the guy who made it. I'm guessing he threw that shit together in less than 30mins, cool idea tho.

So, forgive me if this is obvious, but is there an active 360 crew for GAF? My invite for GAF Street has been pending literally since GTA Online's launch.

Heads up all you deviants in Los Santos, here's some new news regarding the in game original music, from the offical source -
R* said:
As part of the ongoing content updates and evolution of the Grand Theft Auto Online experience, we’re also adding to the already massive original musical score that is heard exclusively Online. Modes such as Survival, Deathmatch as well as your own custom-made Creator Jobs will all be complemented with an updated range of never-before-heard unreleased instrumental music from the original scoring sessions by Tangerine Dream, Woody Jackson, Alchemist and Oh No.
Doesn't look like new artists added to radio stations, or new stations being added, but still the original music is pretty sweet. The dynamic aspect of it is superb, kicking in or trailing off perfectly (to my ears). There is a preview of the new music available to listen to in the article, link to follow

Also in that update, there is a brief interview with several of the composers responsible for creating the original dynamic music. There is an update to a fewof the actual musicians and bands as well, with some news regarding their new works if anyone is interested.

Nothing on heists, or other updates. The wait continues, gotta have that patience.

Link to R* story

That new track is awesome. More 80s synth is always welcome. Wish they added it to the pool of wanted themes in single player, though.

That new track is awesome. More 80s synth is always welcome. Wish they added it to the pool of wanted themes in single player, though.
Agreed, this needs to make it's way to SP.
I love the games ost when doing missions and survival. Makes me feel like I'm in an 80's action flick.
AgreedX2. The original OST is great, really adds plenty of great moments when it swells up at certain moments.

THough, I may be in the minority, I have total of about 450 hours with SP + MP, and I still am not sick of the radio stations. So this is amazing to me, getting even more BA music.

The Newswire page has some interesting text at the top, lol.

"Killing Dreams Murdering Hope Fighting The Righteous Bullying The Weak"

Mistel

Banned
I do like the music but it's not really that much of a draw I mean at this stage I'd rather hear about heists which most probably want to anyway.

Tawpgun

Any funny April Fools things from Rockstar?

Would have thought after Christmas snow they would do something cool in the GTA world for April Fools.

ALSO

I can't play this anymore unless I get it digital :(

My disc tray broke on my 360 so I'm stuck playing digital games.

MisterHero

Cool about the original score update.

Just let me turn off the commercials. I'd try diversifying my radio channel usage if the commercials went away. >_>

Cool about the original score update.

Just let me turn off the commercials. I'd try diversifying my radio channel usage if the commercials went away. >_>

And a skip song option, like in Sleeping Dogs. Or let us create our own playlists. Or let us use the fucking custom music option in these consoles. The fucking 3d trilogy on Xbox had custom radio stations, but they can't even manage that now?

Reule

New updates sound cool.

No collision racing, capture creator, heists, multiple properties. Shame I won't get to play any of it :(

Unless I'm willing to pay for the Games on Demand version...

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/52217/Grand-Theft-Auto-Online-Spring-Updates
Just saw this. Excited about multiple property. I'm sure they're going to be expensive as all hell. If all the new property is cool then it's going to be weird moving out of Eclipse Towers. I really hope one of the new properties is up in the desert. That and I wish they'd put in some kind of vehicle arrangement system especially with this coming out. Maybe they will?

The 'Non-contact' option for racing will be nice so not everyone tries crashing into each other at the start to get ahead.

At some point between now and the end of the Spring we should finally have heists, huh?

So what does the "exciting Story Mode DLC" mean in the latest Newswire update?

R* confirms it for this year.

I can' imagine it being as large as Lost and Damned/Gay Tony though, but maybe R* has cranked out so much new assets/content already from developing vanilla GTA V that is was just a matter of implementing it nicely into an expansion for SP.

Top Bottom