• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto: Online |OT2| Life's A Beach

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
It was fine about an hour ago on psn.

R* still didn't fix the wall hax at the garage. Telling from the shitty job they to cover it up offline, it may be something they will never fix. Its all good tho. Easy kills.

Updated to 1.10.

Went to Online.

Went to In-Game Store but there is no Valentine DLC, just the money packs and the blimp.

Anyone else had this issue?

It's a free patch.

Also, they haven't fixed being able to drop the .50 pistol, despite it being in the notes.

Yeah I know.

Apparently though I'm supposed to go the the in-game store and get the dlc from there - but its not there!

No Valentine vehicles or jobs are in the game either.

Anyone?

edit:do I need to be in a crew to get it?

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
GTAV Title Update v. 1.10 Notes said:
Fix for incorrect time display on the Bad Sport pool timer

Haven't they fixed this now in every single patch released to date?

GTAV Title Update v. 1.10 Notes said:
Added a splash across the screen to create a more obvious warning when the player leaves the survival bounds.

And it's about damn time.

In less grumpy news, the Roosevelt is sweet.

Maddocks

jumped online, got the patch. got all the shirts and suits. Can totally look like smooth criminal michael jackson if you really wanted. Was sad to see that the tommy gun wasnt free.

The only problem I have now is that when I die, I cant get back in my own car unless I change the settings from crew-friends to no-one then back to crew-friends before it lets me back in.

Prologue

New update, Valentine’s Day Massacre Special, launching on Valentine's Day:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...riday-The-GTA-Online-Valentine-s-Day-Massacre

NEW WEAPON: GUSENBERG SWEEPER
NEW VEHICLE: ALBANY ROOSEVELT
NEW ATTIRE
10 NEW JOBS

actual_1391814603_11-02.jpg

They sure are adding content for a game I can rarely get matched in. Almost five months and no heists :(

Reule

Rockstar Cloud down for anyone, right now? I was kicked out of a mission twice with some errors then get the saving failed message while in Free Roam. Guess Valentine's Day has everyone on today.

Bought the Roosevelt. It's very nice. The stock horn is awesome as well. I did mine up with the primary being Saddle Brown with Cream pearl job and the secondary as Chocolate Brown. Cabernet Red looks pretty classy too.

Edit: Ugh, jumped on this morning and was kicked out due to an Unknown Network Error in the first twenty minutes. I hope it's not me. Everything seems fine on my end.

Nori Chan

Does anybody know where to find a master list of what is a available from the vday dlc that is a limited time offer? I would really like to horde up everything for both my characters. Like how many suit jackets, accessories, etc. someone did it for the beach bum pack

Ploid 3.0

I loaded up on all of the Valentine stuff.

Do you guys think the reason heists and other significant updates aren't in yet because not enough people are buying shark cards? The new easy money is more legit and not a exploit of the store and the pay out per round is insane.

Rockstar should have built the game around cosmetic selling and not selling currency. Selling currency encourages them to make money sinks, and crap money rewards causing horrible boring grinds. Cosmetic stuff don't give advantages to the spenders and it makes them feel good having rare looks.

Mistel

Banned
My stance is that the whole economy is a thinly veiled money maker, constrict the economy and encourage cash card purchases. You can still exploit money glitches anyway, no heist will ever match there efficiency IMO.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
There is a very...weird glitch for online/offline

You set a cop on fire (which is fun) and if you can get another dead body to catch on fire from the burning cop's body, the fire never goes out. I sat in one spot surrounded by burning bodies for 2 hours tonight. When the SWAT guys show up, they try to run up to you but the AI is so stupid that they just set themselves on fire.

UyKA57b.jpg

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I loaded up on all of the Valentine stuff.

Do you guys think the reason heists and other significant updates aren't in yet because not enough people are buying shark cards? The new easy money is more legit and not a exploit of the store and the pay out per round is insane.

Rockstar should have built the game around cosmetic selling and not selling currency. Selling currency encourages them to make money sinks, and crap money rewards causing horrible boring grinds. Cosmetic stuff don't give advantages to the spenders and it makes them feel good having rare looks.

I think you would need to be a speshul kind of stupid to be buying cash cards to buy in game clothes or new cars. I think anti-IAP-GAF is making a way way way bigger deal out of the GTA$ than actually exists.

I bet heists are late because they're not ready yet. R* are notoriously slow, maybe it was a late addition to the feature set or there are significant issues with it? Who knows? I'm sure if they were ready at launch they would have been released since their absence has rather killed the community.

I played some DM last night, didn't know how fun it was. I think I have the GTA bug again.

Reule

I think you would need to be a speshul kind of stupid to be buying cash cards to buy in game clothes or new cars. I think anti-IAP-GAF is making a way way way bigger deal out of the GTA$ than actually exists.

I bet heists are late because they're not ready yet. R* are notoriously slow, maybe it was a late addition to the feature set or there are significant issues with it? Who knows? I'm sure if they were ready at launch they would have been released since their absence has rather killed the community.

I played some DM last night, didn't know how fun it was. I think I have the GTA bug again.
Cash cards just don't seem necessary to me with what many missions pay out right now but they might appeal to others soon. When they start having more free content at even higher in-game prices than the Roosevelt, some people won't have the patience to grind out missions. If Rockstar puts up a limited time offer like a mansion or a new super car, I'm sure many will buy them up so they don't miss out. They gave everyone till the end of February for the Valentine's Massacre content but what if they have exclusive content available just for the weekend? Ubisoft must've made a bit of change selling those weekly/monthly costumes for their multiplayer characters.

If some of the leaked stuff is true then there's a lot more than just heists that are coming.One of those additions is supposedly property investing and or management. Might be what's coming in the Dangerous Business pack.

DM can be awesome with friends. There's that one with the hedge maze. It's too much fun getting lost in it with friends then coming around the corner to get blasted.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I've not been on for over a week now mainly because I've had no time to catch up with friends the game is no fun with randoms.

You obviously don't play "Psycho hunter assassin douchebag" like I do then. Never not fun. Lately I have learned the joy in using Lester to get off the radar. People do NOT know how to handle that. It's like a superpower.

Mistel

Banned
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...-The-Business-Update-Coming-Next-Week-Tuesday

New content, 3 cars, some outfits, some weapons. Stuff that matters though... ie, heists? Nope.

Frankly, I just think it's dead. When/if Heists do come out, they'll be lame, and none of my friends play the game now... and noen of them will play it then.
I wonder if anyone actually has enough money to afford that all content if it's not free in game like the Roosevelt was. If heists do happen I think it be far to little far to late really as regards to the longevity of the multiplayer.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
hei... nope.

tbh I don't even care, I stopped playing this game a while ago. It's a shame it never reached its potential.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
GTA:O is my go to game when I want to hit some MP, but that's pretty rarely lately. I will have to purchase some of this stuff, though.

You obviously don't play "Psycho hunter assassin douchebag" like I do then. Never not fun. Lately I have learned the joy in using Lester to get off the radar. People do NOT know how to handle that. It's like a superpower.

Hmmm I'll try using Lester for the radar.

Yay more cars I can't own thanks to only being allowed to own one 10 car garage.

pestul

A co-worker of mine was wondering if it was possible to lock out the single-player campaign of GTA5 and only have the GTA:O component available? I've done some quick and dirty searching through Google but I can't find anything definitive, so I'm assuming the answer is no.

To me, its the money. How do you guys earn so much money to even afford the expensive 750K+ cars?

Most of us probably glitched early on to get millions and now just sit on millions worth of assets.

Still plenty of money glitches and grinds to get you money though.

Mistel

Banned
To me, its the money. How do you guys earn so much money to even afford the expensive 750K+ cars?
Glitches. legimate ways of cash are too slow and dull the same mission multiple times just to get a somewhat decent amount of money.

Stat!

Hmmm I'll try using Lester for the radar.

Yay more cars I can't own thanks to only being allowed to own one 10 car garage.

Most of us probably glitched early on to get millions and now just sit on millions worth of assets.

Still plenty of money glitches and grinds to get you money though.

glitching. The game was a total mess until about 3 weeks ago and you could get billions just by being in the right lobby.

Glitches. legimate ways of cash are too slow and dull the same mission multiple times just to get a somewhat decent amount of money.

Thank you. It is right now, painfully slow to get anywhere. I can't imagine just grinding as most of the missions are dull. To me, 70% of the missions could be eliminated and no one would care.

I'd love dedicated modes for things like Top Fun or even a cops and crooks type thing.

If anyone still plays and has a mic, my GT is ACES11

Flandy

Went to go sale my Adders that I piled up when all the glitched money was around. It sold for $5400.
What
The
FUCK
They're supposed to sell for $600,000 :l

Diebuster

Went to go sale my Adders that I piled up when all the glitched money was around. It sold for $5400.
What
The
FUCK
They're supposed to sell for $600,000 :l

I have the same problem with my Sandking XL. Wanted to sell it, but the shop said I'd only get $10k when I used to get ~$90k. I ended up just keeping the car.

Akros

Neo Member
Something tells me that they are going to launch the heist mode up around the summer, i can feel it in my insides.

jWILL253

Banned
As fun as it can be at times, GTAO is a huge misfire. If they keep neutering the in-game economy just to herd players towards microtransactions, the userbase is gonna fall off a cliff.

R*, you're better than this...

As fun as it can be at times, GTAO is a huge misfire. If they keep neutering the in-game economy just to herd players towards microtransactions, the userbase is gonna fall off a cliff.

R*, you're better than this...

I'd say it already has and these updates with insanely highly priced items won't help, most people will just put the game down and move on rather them delve in to pockets.

Reule

Rooftop Rumble and Coveted on Hard are the money makers for me. Racing, exporting cars, and selling expensive street cars can add up over time too. I never felt you had to glitch or dupe to make any money in this game. I just wish there were more fun ways to do it. I'm pretty hopeful that will come soon with heists and other future updates but getting I'm impatient as is everyone else.

I think today is the last day to grab all the Valentine's Day Massacre stuff. Remember there's ties for the new vests and cuffed shirts for the new suit jackets. :)

jsnepo

Anyone annoyed as well because the mission invites from contacts keep repeating? There are numerous missions in this game but I often get Blow Up, Landing Strip, etc. It's getting ridiculous. I know I can launch it from the pause menu but it's really annoying that within the same seating, I was given an invite by Simeon to play Blow Up II thrice. If you check the missions list, there are dozens of them. I only have one last mission that I have not unlocked yet.

Top Bottom