• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unicorn

Sappy this is a game that you just know will be awesome. Playing it right now, I can confirm bro. Shit is so fun.
I just need to know. Can you still shove pedestrians? Like get close and melee and niko would push them with both hands in gta4. I used to love shoving people down stairs to watch how they tumbled.

Riggs

Banned
I just need to know. Can you still shove pedestrians? Like get close and melee and niko would push them with both hands in gta4. I used to love shoving people down stairs to watch how they tumbled.

Ya, and the fighting system is super clean. I love fighting people now. You can even Kong hit people from behind hah. I sucker punched this hot chick :(

Characters move and control like RDR and MP3. No more clunky on foot controls. Shooting is fluid. Physicss are great. Cover is in and out, no bullshit like GTA IV.

MCN

Banned
Ya, and the fighting system is super clean. I love fighting people now. You can even Kong hit people from behind hah. I sucker punched this hot chick :(

Characters move and control like RDR and MP3. No more clunky on foot controls. Shooting is fluid. Physicss are great. Cover is in and out, no bullshit like GTA IV.

It's like Rockstar North have pulled out all the stops to make the best game they could possibly make.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2

Fuuuuck

Tomorrow at this time, I'll be sleeping and GTA will be loading in the meanwhile. Omg so excited.

Make sure you start it yourself because I don't believe these things auto download.

Still on "not yet shipped" @ Amazon.

If you're in the U.S. It just hit 12AM on the west coast so that'll probably be the trigger for shipping to begin but with RDD they could ship it and not update the info for awhile, I've had games not change to "Shipped" until after 8PM EST/EDT, maybe later.

Riggs

Banned
MCN I cannot stress this enough. Get in a car, do inside view, press right stick down. Fucking amazing ........ I can't say anymore but omg. Best thing ever.

Didn't really care for RDR's controls. Felt like there was too much animation getting in the way of moving my character. Wasn't snappy enough, especially when changing direction.

Haven't played MP3 so I can't comment.

wizzbang

Banned
It's as satisfying to me as, uh, coming is, you know? As, ah, having sex with a woman and coming. And so can you believe how much I am in heaven? I am like, uh, getting the feeling of coming in a gym, I'm getting the feeling of coming at home, I'm getting the feeling of coming while on my couch when I boot it up, when I post in front of 5,000 people, I get the same feeling, so I am coming day and night. I mean, it's terrific. Right? So you know, I am in heaven.

September 17.
♥
(7 hours remaining: Melbourne, AU)

Unicorn

:')

Riggs

Banned
Didn't really care for RDR's controls. Felt like there was too much animation getting in the way of moving my character. Wasn't snappy enough.

I feel ya, just keep in mind this game's on foot controls are a massive upgrade compared to GTA IV, definitely a welcomed improvement.

INVDtbS.jpg

I love you DHL

Still have to go to class in 30 minutes ;_;

Where do you live?
It's still 60 % here (Ruhrgebiet).

gta5-copykou4x.png

FINALLY! Hopefully it arrives tomorrow morning.

I'm confused... they are nothing alike? oO MP3 controls great, RDR did not.

wizzbang

Banned

This is starting to break my definition of spoiler territory, gents, this is a hype thread, not a fucking discussion thread.
(spoilered by me)

Didn't really care for RDR's controls. Felt like there was too much animation getting in the way of moving my character. Wasn't snappy enough, especially when changing direction.

Haven't played MP3 so I can't comment.

Him saying "RDR and MP3" is a disservice to how much Max Payne 3 improved on RDR. MP3 was actually a relatively tight controlling experience compared to GTAIV and RDR. The only time animations took priority was during shootdodge maneuvers if you were jumping into walls and stuff recklessly. On foot controls were much improved over Red Dead.

If this controls like MP3, there shouldn't be issues.

Riggs

Banned
I'm confused... they are nothing alike? oO MP3 controls great, RDR did not.

More like MP3 I just thought RDR was good to add because of the shooting, loved that part of the game. MP3 is probably a better comparison. Either way, make sure to Kong hit a hot chick for me!!!

Sorry I got probs.

BIG_V-G-V

Banned

Damn!! This shit sounds insane! I'm going to be sneaking up on people and Clubber Langing their ass!

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
This is starting to break my definition of spoiler territory, gents, this is a hype thread, not a fucking discussion thread.
(spoilered by me)

Not to be >that< asshole, but it is an OT.

Hype will turn to discussion in less than 24 hours :\

I'll keep my stuff to myself.

wizzbang

Banned
Jeff Gerstmann and Alex Navarro of Giant Bomb have been making sarcastic comments about the GTA 5 review all night on Twitter. I wonder if Jeff didn't like it?

Jeff is a Saints Row man through and through. I think he's been "over" GTA for a while.
I wouldn't be surprised if he 4 stars is. That's his prerogative you know? Who cares what reviewers think, it's if you like it that counts. I still &#9829; Jeff regardless.

Him saying "RDR and MP3" is a disservice to how much Max Payne 3 improved on RDR. MP3 was actually a relatively tight controlling experience compared to GTAIV and RDR. The only time animations took priority was during shootdodge maneuvers if you were jumping into walls and stuff recklessly. On foot controls were much improved over Red Dead.

Great to hear. RDR was amazing to me from a content and atmosphere perspective but the on foot controls seriously grated on me. Felt like Marston was drunk half the time compared to just about any other 3D action game character. I haven't thought about it in a while but probably my number one fear about GTAV is that it will control like RDR. MP3 sounds really snappy so hopefully GTAV follows suit.

Riggs

Banned
Sorry for comparing to RDR its been a long time for me. I just played MP3 a few days ago all over again, and GTA V definitely feels familiar to MP3. Didn't mean to scare anyone lol.

Also Michael looks pump in shades, real gangster shit.

PHOTOSHOP

so how does Day 1 Digital preorder work?
Will an game icon appear on the game list or do i have to go to the store and download from there tomorrow?

Sonix90

Neo Member
Getting the game tomorrow, and just had a little heart-attack yesterday when Midnight Club LA froze on my PS3... again. As soon as I touched the accelerator it crashed, but then I remembered that I played RDR the day before and everything was fine. Then tried MC again and no problems this time but damn, don't troll me like that Super Slim, not when it's day before GTAV.

DEFCON 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom