• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT| It's Time To Go Home

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFIB

Tomorrow I am getting my running done for the week. Food/beer stocked. Playing Diablo 3 until the evening. Heading to GS with a buddy around 10:00 to get our tickets for the pick up. Playing until 3 am or so. My dad loves the GTA games, so he is coming by around 930 Tuesday morning and we are going to play and explore. Yeah, he's an awesome dad!

Riggs

Banned
Playing this still guys, fucking amazing. You will not be disappointed. Also .... when watching tv you have a new option :)

Not telling you what it is though!

Tomorrow I am getting my running done for the week. Food/beer stocked. Playing Diablo 3 until the evening. Heading to GS with a buddy around 10:00 to get our tickets for the pick up. Playing until 3 am or so. My dad loves the GTA games, so he is coming by around 930 and we are going to play and explore. Yeah, he's an awesome dad!

Your dad sounds awesome.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
image.php

holy crap that's terrifying

He hated Red Dead Redemption (only played it for like 30 minutes) so that wouldn't surprise me.

He say why? He was quite fond of GTAIV back in the day and gave it a glowing review. Took the twitter comments more as poking fun at the review hype but we'll see I suppose.

Acorn

Playing this still guys, fucking amazing. You will not be disappointed. Also .... when watching tv you have a new option :)

Not telling you what it is though!

Are there comedy clubs? (Spoiler the answer for those that don't want to know)

waypoetic

Banned
There certainly is. You control pitch/roll with the thumbstick and yaw/rudder with the shoulder buttons. You can 'knife' and perform complex flight maneuvers. Wind seems to take affect too. It's definitely not a flight sim, but it is detailed enough to make me happy (I'm going for my private pilots license in an ultra light at the moment). Throttle control is uber basic and there's no trimming of the elevator controls etc but all the important stuff is there for a fun but detailed basic flight model. It's easy to pickup and hard to master.

I can't wait to see the YouTube stunt videos once it's been out for a while.

I just... I just came.

Fjordson

He say why? He was quite fond of GTAIV back in the day and gave it a glowing review. Took the twitter comments more as poking fun at the review hype but we'll see I suppose.
Never really elaborated, he literally did nothing in the game. Messed around a bit after the intro and then quit.

It's been so long I can't remember all of what he said. I think he disliked the horse controls or something and just never went back to it.

I know he doesn't give two shits about the Western genre, so that may have been it.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
to those with the game, does the world ever feel empty with the small(er) amount of cars and peds on the road? I'm wondering if this could be a sticking point with reviewers.

lem0n

This time tomorrow I'll be heading up to my GameStop, receipt in hand. It hasn't fully clicked yet. Gonna stay up late tonight, since I work at 3pm tomorrow. That way I can have a full night of play!

Regarding the Giant Bomb comments, what have they been saying, exactly? I refuse to go anywhere besides this thread if it's remotely videogame related. Someone paste a quote in or something? I'm really curious to see what they were saying about the review.

Mr.Fresh

I envy all you guys getting it tomorrow night. I have to be at work at 4 am the next day :(. But I get off early and I'm off the rest of the week. Ill be in Los Santos for a week. Lol

My Gamestop called to tell me they're having a midnight release.

I have to wake up at 10:40am on Wednesday for an exam.

Fuck.

I have to wake up at 7am for an exam on Wednesday. I'm not going to my one and only class Tuesday, so I can just play for 3-4 hours tomorrow night, and then play for the majority of the day tomorrow, and study Tuesday night. Everything is getyourshineon.gif

DZ_b_EZ

It is expensive (look at the PS4 price in Argentina...), but there are ways of getting around awful prices: Steam, Day-1 Digital, importing, etc (although in most cases people resort to piracy). Gaming is very popular over here despite the disadvantages.

Well I'm glad it's popular down there. I always imagined playing a AAA game from a South American developer one day.....maybe in the near future.

Acorn

Honestly I have no idea yet!

Also to answer the guy above, world feels alive as hell. Don't know how to explain it, but its awesome.

Ah ok, thanks for getting back to me anyway.

Today could be the day for me, but probably tomorrow.

Same, I'm hoping today but I have a bad feeling it won't be until tomorrow, I won't know until around 11-1 due to the postie turning up late as hell these days.

HardRojo

In all seriousness, I didn't know they're were actual gamers in Chile. I thought gaming as a hobby in most South American countries was too expensive?? Maybe just more bullshit being fed to us here in US....

South America's got a lot of gamers, yeah it is expensive here but you can import (which is what I do) to try and lower the costs because games here would normally cost way above the regular price.

I know plenty of friends who got nice collections so it's not like it's hard to come by a gamer South America, it's just BS being fed to you guys in the US, I bought my PS3 in the US btw during a trip almost 4 years ago :p

Sorry if it has been asked, but does anyone in NYC know where (if any) I can get this at midnight tomorrow?

If you head over to any of the 14th street Gamestops, you might get something cool. That's where I always went to meet up with the van to pass out swag. I'm thinking of heading over just to check things out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom