• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Grand Theft Auto V |OT2| <Title available for purchase>

Double D

Bah, time to take a break, just got killed by a security guard for dropping his GF off. Got to say, I think they were very successful in what they have tried to do, it is just not fun for me in a lot of ways. Or maybe I just suck at the game, but dying every 10 minues when I just want to screw around for a bit is getting pretty old.

Huh, I haven't died once outside of a mission. I'm at around 30% complete.

Tawpgun

So you can just rob random stores right? Like if I'm chilling, not in a mission, I can roll up to a convenience store point my gun at the clerk and ask for money?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
IjSreUW.jpg

I feel like that's offset by the wanted level system lasting 17 hours in this game. I can't believe how long it takes to get rid of a single star.

Really? I feel like it's easier to get rid of 1 star... Drive fast or get out of your car and go around a building. It's line of site and it works. Even with 2 stars.

If there is apolice chopper that becomes more difficult though.

kiyomi

17 hours in, I just unlocked Trevor and was walking around the trailer park area (which looks amazing at night.).. I was walking down the sidewalk and went into a couple of stores, came across a random event, etc. But then, I found a cop with a flashlight looking around some yard. At first, he didn't notice me, but then turned round and dropped the flashlight. And then I had a 1* Wanted level.

What did I do..? Did I step into a restricted area? Did I aggravate him somehow..?

Megasoum

Banned
How do you even reply to mail/text?

The only icons I've seen so far are the trash bin (square on ps3), phone (x on ps3) to call the person and back arrow (circle on ps3) to get back to previous screen.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Is there a way to see how many Gold medals I've got so far? I want to check my progress towards the trophy but I can't seem to see anything about it in the stats, unless I've just missed it.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How are people getting thrown through their windshields? I've been driving at full speed into tons of shit, and it just doesn't happen for me. Not once. I wanna fly, dammit!

:O
Well, that settles it. Best cops in any game yet.
Becareful though!

So far one of my most impressive moments? I was playing as Michael and I had uh.. stolen a fuel tanker and driven it off one of the over passes to blow up on the traffic passing by underneath.

Long story short- cops were all over him. I bailed near a train yard and took off running. They lost site of me and I was hiding in a train car. You could see on the minimap the cops walking around the yard looking for me with flashlights out (it was night).

One crawled up into the train car and found me. He radiod in my position and I shot him ha. Too bad that brought every copy in after me.

It was just a really cool experience.
+1

In the four years I had IV, I never finished the story but I would go back to have a good cop chase. With all the additions and upgrades to cops, I'm in cop chase heaven here in V. If I'm not mistaken, the higher levels were bullet proof vests too, right?

But damn, I am so impressed. Spike strikes, PITs, more roadblocks, trying to disable your vehicle, using flashlights to search for you at night, line of sight, shooting at you from the ground.

And I've read that the 4 and 5 star
responses use hand signals, tear gas, and coordinate to flank you

My best moment so far: fleeing from the cops as Franklin, I get on the highway, go all out and briefly got out of sight. Drive up the side and stop beside the turn off concrete barrier, turn off the headlights and wait. All the cops race past, right by me, and I reverse and drive off in the other direct. Park the car and walk off. So satisfying.

Have a question: even when I change cars, I always seem to get noticed. Anyone know why?

kiyomi

My best moment so far: fleeing from the cops as Franklin, I get on the highway, go all out and briefly got out of sight. Drive up the side and stop beside the turn off concrete barrier, turn off the headlights and wait. All the cops race past, right by me, and I reverse and drive off in the other direct. Park the car and walk off. So satisfying.

Sounds like some straight up Drive shit right there. Awesome. :)

Derrick01

Banned
Really? I feel like it's easier to get rid of 1 star... Drive fast or get out of your car and go around a building. It's line of site and it works. Even with 2 stars.

If there is apolice chopper that becomes more difficult though.

I meant the length of time the meter lasts though. Even when you hide it feels like it takes 5 minutes of the star flashing to finally go away so I can go back to doing whatever I was doing.

Actually hiding from the cops is pretty easy all things considered. But you still have to watch that star (or 2, 3, etc) slowly tick away while staying out of sight at the same time. And if you do screw up and get spotted it resets.

rjfs

Neo Member
I just started playing, but is there really a more boring location possible than Los Angeles?

That said I'm amazed at how well this game runs. GTA is one of my all time favortie series and I would gladly rebuy 4 if they got it running this smooth on 360.

Mr.Swag

Banned
Checking the Social Club, I use Micheal and Trevor an equivalent percentage of the time, at 37% each, 60% into the game.

It's really quite comprehensive.

I alternate between mike and frank. Trevor is not my type of character. Only play him to do his missions.

Question:
Will I be able to do any "Strangers or Freaks" later on in the game, or do they expire?

I don't get the driving complaints, I think they've tweaked 4's very well.

Cars are fun to drive, especially something with a bit of acceleration.

The Lamp

Is anyone gonna post weapons or health cheats yet? Googling implies they haven't been discovered yet. I would wonder when we'll get all the cheats. I wanna go on a rampage!!! Hahaha.

kris.

Banned
I meant the length of time the meter lasts though. Even when you hide it feels like it takes 5 minutes of the star flashing to finally go away so I can go back to doing whatever I was doing.

Actually hiding from the cops is pretty easy all things considered. But you still have to watch that star (or 2, 3, etc) slowly tick away while staying out of sight at the same time. And if you do screw up and get spotted it resets.

The exaggeration is strong with this one.

grkazan12

Anyone on a 32' tv find the text to be a little too small. It's not bad, just a bit tiny, especially text messages.

1080p resolution.

fijim

Banned
Does this game have the car theft missions? Where you need to steal a list of cars and deliver them, and have them available later?

anddo0

On my way to go hunting, I stumble on a drug deal gone bad. One of the dying drug dealers tells me "they took the money down the hill homes". I go down the hill, shoot the unsuspecting thug and recovery a suitcase with 25k- GTA V

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I alternate between mike and frank. Trevor is not my type of character. Only play him to do his missions.

Question:
Will I be able to do any "Strangers or Freaks" later on in the game, or do they expire?

I think they stay

when you switch to a different character look at the number below them, I think that means how many SoF missions they have left to complete at the current time

So I bought a
Taxi cab company, then got a call to go and pick up a rich kid, but he never showed up on the map. How would I be able to find the medical center were he was hanging out without it being pin pointed on the map?
random bug or ?

On my way to go hunting, I stumble on a drug deal gone bad. One of the dying drug dealers tells me "they took the money down the hill homes". I go down the hill, shoot the unsuspecting thug and recovery a suitcase with 25k- GTA V

This is basically the opening sequence of No Country for Old Men.

sozo

How in the hell do you aim your weapon while driving??? It seems all my character does is just start shooting when I point the gun out the window. It's really frustrating not being able to aim first and then shoot when I want to.

grkazan12

My tv is 42 and the text is fucking small. I mean i can read it but jesus i have to focus on it.

Yeah I wish there was a text resizing option. The game is awesome from what I've played so far, the lighting and vistas get me all the time. A PC version would be ace though, I can barely see what's in front of me sometimes when I'm driving because of the low res and lack of aa.

Driving isn't too bad, took me a while to get used to it. Definitely more sharper than IV, but I really miss the weight and floatiness from IV. Would be interested to see misdeed tinker with the physics on PC.

Quick question, what car camera do you guys prefer? I'm torn between zoom all the way in and medium?

Dyno

I did two missions. Two small missions.

And then I spent four hours playing the greatest passenger plane stealing/flying/crashing simulator I have ever experienced.

Top Bottom