• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphical Fidelity I Expect This Gen

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Sorry rofif. it looks awful. PS3 era textures on mountains. awful draw distance. lighting is ok. nothing special like those screenshots but i havent seen dusk time yet.

The LODs are utterly awful. I have seen cherry picking shots before but those shots are something else.

F66c9ZPWQAA3-C7

F66c9ZPXEAAV_fY

F66c9ZOW0AA_Suj

F66c9ZOXMAAyn6R

Game is still dumb mindless fun. Its a guilty pleasure of mine so i will do a playthrough and see more, but it looked so bad it made me appreciate forspoken lol
Idk what else you expect. It’s a ps4 game.
lol and no. It absolutely doesn’t look like a ps3 game.
Lods are much upgraded in forspoken. Generally forspoken fixes some drawbacks of the engine. There are no pop ins, grass and shadows are visible way further. Textures are fine in both. Idk what you expect on grass and rocks. Obviously rocks are Bit more detailed in forspoken.

SlimySnake SlimySnake pump up the resolution, disable assets and turffx. Disable shadowlibs. Keep ssao and nvidia vxao enabled. It looks great in since parts. Nights look flat regardless. I took my shots yesterday without any preparation. Random save. And don’t use dlss. Looks like watercolour paint lol

Last edited:

PeteBull

nice cgi trailer for spiderman2, i think maybe by ps7 it might be doable in real time(definitely not ps6, gap is too vast :p)

solidus12

Can we stop posting this trash excuse for a human being? Colteastwood is talking about characters you interact with. Not crowd NPCs.

He even qualified his remarks by saying UNDER CORRECT LIGHTING conditions. When colt eastwood is coming across as reasonable compared to red dragon, maybe its time to stop posting his links.
Colteastwood said that only Xbox Series X will be capable of handling raytraced reflections, he said that PS5 will only use SSR.

He also said that all Xbox exclusives will be in 60fps while PS5 games will be locked to 30fps.

H . R . 2

lol. I bet in 5 years for the PS6 release in 2028, we would be posting gifs from the matrix demo begging ND, SSM, Rockstar, Rocksteady, and other AAA games to at least come close to the matrix demo.

This year we saw AAA next gen only releases from two Square Enix studios with one more coming early next year. Not even close to the matrix. We saw two AAA releases from EA's best studio Respawn and another from a new studio that didnt come close. Spiderman, not even close. Alan Wake, Starfield and Avatar have their moments but Matrix is in just another league.

So no, I dont have faith in Rockstar, ND, SSM, GG and any of the other studios to come close to the matrix. Ive been burned too many times.

Maybe next gen. once the cross gen period ends in 2033.
make that 2035, here's a new COVID

Last edited:

alloush

nice cgi trailer for spiderman2, i think maybe by ps7 it might be doable in real time(definitely not ps6, gap is too vast :p)

Cmon guys this has become a depressing place we need a psychiatrist over here :messenger_pensive:

On a serious note this is more than doable on a PS6, as a matter of fact if the game doesn’t look like that and even better (since the world is empty in this one) then we have a problem.
Colteastwood said that only Xbox Series X will be capable of handling raytraced reflections, he said that PS5 will only use SSR.

He also said that all Xbox exclusives will be in 60fps while PS5 games will be locked to 30fps.
This is exactly why I said I am all for trolling this turd.

Last edited:

H . R . 2

On a serious note this is more than doable on a PS6, as a matter of fact if the game doesn’t look like that and even better (since the world is empty in this one) then we have a problem.

the tech is there, the hardware is there; the only thing missing is vision, talent, and direction.
The Matrix Demo, which was developed by a group of 80 Hollywood experts and professional game developers, is a testament to the importance of cinematography in game design.
every time a game impresses with mindblowing visuals it is 9 out of 10 because of attention to at least some facets of cinematography (lighting, mise en scene, setting, stylistic and aesthetic choices, etc.)

By the way I have gone radio silent and just read comments now because nothing has impressed me since the Matrix Demo
so I have stopped wasting time defending minute, negligible improvements in recent games. I don't wish to delude myself into thinking that "the next-gen is here"

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

I am fully aware of colt eastwoods nonsense. I went toe to toe with him here on gaf until he got permabanned.

Cmon guys this has become a depressing place we need a psychiatrist over here :messenger_pensive:

This is exactly why I said I am all for trolling this turd.
I come to this thread to avoid the system wars nonsense that plagues the rest of this forum. If you want to criticize starfield, fine. There is much to criticize. But posting red dragon being a complete tool making colt Eastwood look good isn’t it.

The last thing we want is mods monitoring this thread. 99% of our opinions on starfield and Spider-Man 2 would be grounds for bans in other threads.

benzy

Lods are much upgraded in forspoken. Generally forspoken fixes some drawbacks of the engine. There are no pop ins, grass and shadows are visible way further. Textures are fine in both. Idk what you expect on grass and rocks. Obviously rocks are Bit more detailed in forspoken.

SlimySnake SlimySnake pump up the resolution, disable assets and turffx. Disable shadowlibs. Keep ssao and nvidia vxao enabled. It looks great in since parts. Nights look flat regardless. I took my shots yesterday without any preparation. Random save. And don’t use dlss. Looks like watercolour paint lol

Yeah Forspoken is a step forward in some directions and a step backward in others. It renders much more dense geometry and improvements in character rendering, magic particles and effects even rendered with geometry. They also used the hair strand technology from the Agni's Philosophy tech demo. But I found the world art design to be bland, repetitive, and the static lighting isn't as impressive as XV.

Forspoken_20230714231641.png

Forspoken_20230714231755.png

forspoken_20230122194dhixj.jpg

Forspoken_20230127175930.png

alloush

the tech is there, the hardware is there; the only thing missing is vision, talent, and direction.
The Matrix Demo, which was developed by a group of 80 Hollywood experts and professional game developers, is a testament to the importance of cinematography in game design.
every time a game impresses with mindblowing visuals it is 9 out of 10 because of attention to at least some facets of cinematography (lighting, mise en scene, setting, stylistic and aesthetic choices, etc.)

By the way I have gone radio silent and just read comments now because nothing has impressed me since the Matrix Demo
so I have stopped wasting time defending minute, negligible improvements in recent games. I don't wish to delude myself into thinking that "the next-gen is here"
This. The Matrix demo was a double edged sword on me, on one hand it gave me visuals no other game has even come close to. Made me happy all the way to the moon and back, and gave me hope that the future is bright in the videogame industry. On the other hand however, it ruined me man, it totally ruined me. Now my standards are sky high, my expectations are through the roof, nothing pleases me anymore. I literately do not think any game out there has good graphics, none, nada. Until we reach those levels of visuals I will not be happy.

I am fully aware of colt eastwoods nonsense. I went toe to toe with him here on gaf until he got permabanned.

I come to this thread to avoid the system wars nonsense that plagues the rest of this forum. If you want to criticize starfield, fine. There is much to criticize. But posting red dragon being a complete tool making colt Eastwood look good isn’t it.

The last thing we want is mods monitoring this thread. 99% of our opinions on starfield and Spider-Man 2 would be grounds for bans in other threads.
I don’t think you see what Colt Eastwood tweets. I don’t even follow these douchebags but his tweets pop-up on my feed every now and then. He is the most annoying person you can come across, VFXVeteran doesn’t hold a candle to this guy. I know you had your fair share of arguments with him over here but here he was still trying to stay in check so to not get banned and he still got banned, lol.

Having said that, you are right let’s stop talking about these lifeless bastards. I do post a tweet of Red’s every now and then but only when I think there is some news in there.

Edit: also to clarify I said I am all for Colt to be trolled but not by us over here but by likewise individuals on Twitter.

Last edited:

CGNoire

This. The Matrix demo was a double edged sword on me, on one hand it gave me visuals no other game has even come close to. Made me happy all the way to the moon and back, and gave me hope that the future is bright in the videogame industry. On the other hand however, it ruined me man, it totally ruined me. Now my standards are sky high, my expectations are through the roof, nothing pleases me anymore. I literately do not think any game out there has good graphics, none, nada. Until we reach those levels of visuals I will not be happy.

I don’t think you see what Colt Eastwood tweets. I don’t even follow these douchebags but his tweets pop-up on my feed every now and then. He is the most annoying person you can come across, VFXVeteran doesn’t hold a candle to this guy. I know you had your fair share of arguments with him over here but here he was still trying to stay in check so to not get banned and he still got banned, lol.

Having said that, you are right let’s stop talking about these lifeless bastards. I do post a tweet of Red’s every now and then but only when I think there is some news in there.

Edit: also to clarify I said I am all for Colt to be trolled but not by us over here but by likewise individuals on Twitter.
We needed the Matrix Demo though. Without it the Gaslighting would be so much worse and so much more effective at polluting others perspectives.

SlimySnake

I had it at native 4k highest preset with all nvidia effects enabled, and my game started at 5 fps. ran out of vram. once the car pushing segment started, the framerate leveled out but the next cutscene pushed vram above 10 gb and was down to 2 fps this time.

ended up settling for 75% resolution scale. no dlss. cant figure out how to turn it on. its not in the settings, but even at native 4k, the dithering and shimmering are there despite all the fancy nvidia AO, shadows and AA. And the lods on those hills and mountains is truly awful. Its an early gen PS4 game at best. FF7 and FF16 look way better in terms of asset quality, foliage, draw distance, and image quality.
All of the pics I posted are my shots I took. There are some lighting/weather combinations that look mid. I'm using the debug exe to fast-foward time so I don't have to wait around.
I was talking about the screenshots I posted from the other thread. Your gifs are much more in line with what im seeing. poor draw distance/distant LODs show in your first gif, and the tree quality isnt really on par with current games in your second gif.

I do think the game will look better once i get to the greener environments, but as someone who was praising this game based on gifs and screenshots, playing it on a big screen gave me a reality check lol.

SlimySnake

Yep. And the most impressive part about the demo, the chase sequence was pixel counted and it was around 1440p and ran relatively smooth at 30 fps. And yet people bring up the drops to 20 fps during fast driving as some kind of gotcha when its clear that the game is CPU bound there. Some optimizations with traffic and NPC density, and you could get it running at a locked 30 fps on base consoles. You should try and do it next time you play. even setting it to 50% traffic density improves the framerate while driving by a ton.

i think you nailed it on the head there. there is no ambition. no drive to squeeze every last bit of power from these consoles like they did in the past. both spiderman and ff7 are targeting 4k and 60 fps modes. just like mortal kombat. which targets native 4k 60 fps. Whats frustrating about MK1 is that for fatilities and other cutscenes, they drop down to 30 fps to give themselves more GPU headroom to push cinematic visuals. Ok, so they get it. bring down resolution or framerate, and get 2x more GPU power in return. And yet they continue chasing this ridiculous 4k dream.

This is why i respect games like starfield and avatar. they might not look as good as the matrix, but they made the 1440p 30 fps choice for consoles and at least tried to do it the right way. I have been playing games on my 4k tv since late 2016, and the Pro fixed all the issues i had with DriveClub, Arkham knight and other 1080p games. The Pro could not do native 4k. It was a 1440p or 4kcb machine and it made the games look great on a 4k screen. so much so that digital foundry struggled to tell the difference and had to come up with a new way to pixel count. Why the industry has shifted chasing native 4k is beyond me.

i LOVE how the cars have proper physics applied to them when Miles and Peter crash into them. Both are superheros so they dent the cars, break the windshields and windows upon impact. I remember the internet going nuts over ellie slamming into the car while dodging. it turned out to be bullshit, but surely 5 years later a next gen sony game should be able to do that.

if you cant do next gen visuals, at least do next gen physics and destruction. look at the debris on the street. it really adds to the immersion.

Hugare

I had it at native 4k highest preset with all nvidia effects enabled, and my game started at 5 fps. ran out of vram. once the car pushing segment started, the framerate leveled out but the next cutscene pushed vram above 10 gb and was down to 2 fps this time.

ended up settling for 75% resolution scale. no dlss. cant figure out how to turn it on. its not in the settings, but even at native 4k, the dithering and shimmering are there despite all the fancy nvidia AO, shadows and AA. And the lods on those hills and mountains is truly awful. Its an early gen PS4 game at best. FF7 and FF16 look way better in terms of asset quality, foliage, draw distance, and image quality.

I was talking about the screenshots I posted from the other thread. Your gifs are much more in line with what im seeing. poor draw distance/distant LODs show in your first gif, and the tree quality isnt really on par with current games in your second gif.

I do think the game will look better once i get to the greener environments, but as someone who was praising this game based on gifs and screenshots, playing it on a big screen gave me a reality check lol.
The only way to activate DLSS is if you run it at native 4K

It was one of the first DLSS implementations, so it has this weird limitation, but it looks MUCH, much better than the TAA or FXAA in this game (can't stress this enough)

It's honestly a must. Heavy af, since you have to run it at 4K, but it's necessary, otherwise you'll have tons of artifacts. Ghosting in particular while using TAA is terrible, noticeable in all of Noctis movements, and foliage coverage is also horrible.

If you dont use DLSS, you'll have terrible IQ even at 4K native.

VXAO is also a must, 'cause otherwise you'll notice many places where SSAO just ignore (probably one of the reasons why Forspoken looked so underwhelming at launch)

Also, I recommend downloading Special K. It fixes framepacing issues present in Steam versions of the game.

It's a great looking game even today, but the lack of geometry is noticeable. It's clearly last gen.

Saying that it looks better than Rebirth is something that only rofif's mind can process

Last edited:

alloush

We needed the Matrix Demo though. Without it the Gaslighting would be so much worse and so much more effective at polluting others perspectives.
THIS. I mean it’s already pretty bad, I seriously do not wanna imagine how it woulda been like without the matrix demo. The demo keeps people in check. What’s funny is the people who overhype mediocre visuals criticize the demo.

Yep. And the most impressive part about the demo, the chase sequence was pixel counted and it was around 1440p and ran relatively smooth at 30 fps. And yet people bring up the drops to 20 fps during fast driving as some kind of gotcha when its clear that the game is CPU bound there. Some optimizations with traffic and NPC density, and you could get it running at a locked 30 fps on base consoles. You should try and do it next time you play. even setting it to 50% traffic density improves the framerate while driving by a ton.
Man, one if the things I love about the demo is the traffic density and the number if NPCs. I ain’t reducing nothing, the game runs more than fine for me, I swear I don’t even notice the drops. If a game looks THAT good then screw fps. Keep the city alive with that density, baby!

Last edited:

Hugare

THIS. I mean it’s already pretty bad, I seriously do not wanna imagine how it woulda been like without the matrix demo. The demo keeps people in check. What’s funny is the people who overhype mediocre visuals criticize the demo.

Man, one if the things I love about the demo is the traffic density and the number if NPCs. I ain’t reducing nothing, the game runs more than fine for me, I swear I don’t even notice the drops. If a game looks THAT good then screw fps. Keep the city alive with that density, baby!
The problem is that when you add AI to all the NPCs and cars, for example, it gets much, much more taxing. So a game like that may not even be fesible in today's consoles because of that.

Even Cyberpunk has a more reactive open world.

So people may be on the right when saying that the demo creates some unrealistic expectations for current gen games. But we will see.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud

I keep repeating. Disable nvidia shadow libs. It's a bug and game drops to 5fps because of it :p

alloush

The problem is that when you add AI to all the NPCs and cars, for example, it gets much, much more taxing. So a game like that may not even be fesible in today's consoles because of that.

So people may be on the right when saying that the demo creates some unrealistic expectations for current gen games. But we will see.
This is true. Slimy might be right after all when he said we might not see visuals on par with the demo until the ps6 and late in its lifecycle as well.

yamaci17

i think you nailed it on the head there. there is no ambition. no drive to squeeze every last bit of power from these consoles like they did in the past. both spiderman and ff7 are targeting 4k and 60 fps modes. just like mortal kombat. which targets native 4k 60 fps. Whats frustrating about MK1 is that for fatilities and other cutscenes, they drop down to 30 fps to give themselves more GPU headroom to push cinematic visuals. Ok, so they get it. bring down resolution or framerate, and get 2x more GPU power in return. And yet they continue chasing this ridiculous 4k dream.

This is why i respect games like starfield and avatar. they might not look as good as the matrix, but they made the 1440p 30 fps choice for consoles and at least tried to do it the right way. I have been playing games on my 4k tv since late 2016, and the Pro fixed all the issues i had with DriveClub, Arkham knight and other 1080p games. The Pro could not do native 4k. It was a 1440p or 4kcb machine and it made the games look great on a 4k screen. so much so that digital foundry struggled to tell the difference and had to come up with a new way to pixel count. Why the industry has shifted chasing native 4k is beyond me.

i LOVE how the cars have proper physics applied to them when Miles and Peter crash into them. Both are superheros so they dent the cars, break the windshields and windows upon impact. I remember the internet going nuts over ellie slamming into the car while dodging. it turned out to be bullshit, but surely 5 years later a next gen sony game should be able to do that.

if you cant do next gen visuals, at least do next gen physics and destruction. look at the debris on the street. it really adds to the immersion.
nope too much for puny crap 3.6 ghz zen 2 cpu

xdxd /s

SlimySnake

Ai wise yes. It’s probably too much to have 50k parked cars with another 35k moving vehicles and 20k pedestrians all being tracked in real-time. The game actually runs fine if you are walking around with all settings maxed out or even when flying around. So its probably a case of weak console CPUs, UE5 being single threaded, and some other backend optimizations this team of 80 people likely didnt have chance to make in the short 8 month development time. But the actual visual fidelity is definitely doable on consoles.

nope too much for puny crap 3.6 ghz zen 2 cpu

xdxd /s
Alex found that the demo hits one CPU thread really hard which is why the game is CPU bottlenecked even on PCs. REally hope Epic is able to optimize UE5 going forward because even on PCs with 5.0 ghz CPUs, UE5 games and demos are a struggle to get running smoothly at 60 fps.

yamaci17

Ai wise yes. It’s probably too much to have 50k parked cars with another 35k moving vehicles and 20k pedestrians all being tracked in real-time. The game actually runs fine if you are walking around with all settings maxed out or even when flying around. So its probably a case of weak console CPUs, UE5 being single threaded, and some other backend optimizations this team of 80 people likely didnt have chance to make in the short 8 month development time. But the actual visual fidelity is definitely doable on consoles.

Alex found that the demo hits one CPU thread really hard which is why the game is CPU bottlenecked even on PCs. REally hope Epic is able to optimize UE5 going forward because even on PCs with 5.0 ghz CPUs, UE5 games and demos are a struggle to get running smoothly at 60 fps.
nvidia did the smart thing and procured DLSS3

I'd say just hope that FSR3 turns out to be usable for consoles and midrange CPUs

SlimySnake

Stuff like this is so fascinating and so frustrating to watch. Its clear that the tech is there but Bethesda didnt utilize it well.

One of my favorite things to do is go into a kitchen or a bar and use my anti gravity ability to see just how many items in the game float. The other day lemons, grapes and a pizza were among the items that had physics fully applied to them. But chairs? Nope. hanging lights. nope. tables? nope.

I honestly dont know why. the game's CPU can handle it. there is zero hit to the framerate when you are in ships with zero gravity and everything if floating around. they shouldve been able to have everything in the levels have physics. Just another case of devs having the tools but not the imagination to utilize it. Here its all inhouse tech from their own programmers who were able to really push the physics beyond what they coul last gen only to have the game designers just use it for anti gravity levels.

Sorry rofif. it looks awful. PS3 era textures on mountains. awful draw distance. lighting is ok. nothing special like those screenshots but i havent seen dusk time yet.

The LODs are utterly awful. I have seen cherry picking shots before but those shots are something else.

F66c9ZPWQAA3-C7

F66c9ZPXEAAV_fY

F66c9ZOW0AA_Suj

F66c9ZOXMAAyn6R

Game is still dumb mindless fun. Its a guilty pleasure of mine so i will do a playthrough and see more, but it looked so bad it made me appreciate forspoken lol

I've been playing this past week and your screens are more indicative of how the game looks than others in this thread. I'm running it completely maxed at 4K (one of the few games to actually use the 3090's Vram almost hitting 19GB) and it doesn't look as crisp and smooth as these other shots I'm seeing in the thread. I've even tried running it using 1.78x DLDSR and it doesn't look that much better.

DLSS is found in the AA section and is probably the best anti aliasing the game has, but being 1.0 its noticeable when enabled. I did try my usual DLSS+DLDSR combo but I guess it being 1.0 was an issue as it caused some weird artefacts and probably looked worse than 4K/DLSS :messenger_grinning_sweat:

H . R . 2

I am rewatching The Adventures of Tintin (2011) and boy the cgi/animation quality of the movie has still remained unrivaled after all these years

also Uncharted 4 apparently borrowed heavily from this movie
Again, this shows the impact of cinematography as well as the inspirational role Hollywood directors have had on successful game development

Timestamped:

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
I am rewatching The Adventures of Tintin (2011) and boy the cgi/animation quality of the movie has still remained unrivaled after all these years

(also Uncharted 4 apparently borrowed heavily from this movie)

Timestamped:

Hard to judge with such potato video quality.

Except for the obvious better physics everywhere, it doesn't really look that impressive anymore.

Last edited:

H . R . 2

Hard to judge with such potato video quality.

Except for the obvious better physics everywhere, it doesn't really look that impressive anymore.
the quality of the animations, the cloth simulation, and the lighting is staggering, especially given that it was released more than a decade ago but it still holds up extremely well
just cover the faces with your hand and you are looking at a live-action movie

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
the quality of the animations, the cloth simulation, and the lighting is staggering, especially given that it was released more than a decade ago but it still holds up extremely well
Yeah, the cloth physics and all the advanced physiscs really is what stand out for me and the bigger difference with modern vg.

Animations are excellent in all these movies, i never watched a cg movie with less than stellar animations.

Not having to control a character make animations way easier to do than videogames, you can't really compare the 2.

To me it still look like cg if i cover the faces tbh, it clearly show its age imo.

Sorry for the ball busting but i'm just being honest (but like i said, hard to judge with such low res videos)

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Yeah basic havok from almost 20 years ago and a cheat engine editor are super impressive.
lol yes, physics dont change. a book will fall the same way today in real life as it did 20 years ago. whats impressive about starfield's physics is that it doing it with 20 years of graphical upgrades to fidelity and just more of it. half life 2 was sparse and barely had any things for you to interact with your gravity gun. starfield had the POTENTIAL of doing a lot with its physics system, but bethesda designers just didnt bother doing anything with it.

p.s i saw some dude spawn milk cartons on the moon and they all reacted to the lower gravity on the moon. so they went through the trouble of ensuring the physics are applied everywhere with enough headroom in the CPU to calculate all of this on the fly. this explains why the game is so CPU bound even on PC.

Its just insane that they dont really do anything with this in gameplay levels.

GymWolf

Gold Member
lol yes, physics dont change. a book will fall the same way today in real life as it did 20 years ago. whats impressive about starfield's physics is that it doing it with 20 years of graphical upgrades to fidelity and just more of it. half life 2 was sparse and barely had any things for you to interact with your gravity gun. starfield had the POTENTIAL of doing a lot with its physics system, but bethesda designers just didnt bother doing anything with it.

p.s i saw some dude spawn milk cartons on the moon and they all reacted to the lower gravity on the moon. so they went through the trouble of ensuring the physics are applied everywhere with enough headroom in the CPU to calculate all of this on the fly. this explains why the game is so CPU bound even on PC.

Its just insane that they dont really do anything with this in gameplay levels.
If havok doesn't change what are we actually praising?

better visual fidelity compared to skyrim? duh
the hardware being order of magnitude better so it doens't explode with 10.000 objects on screen...how is this a bethesda merit and not an intel\amd merit?

Like, what are we even doing here when you need a fucking editor to even spawn all these objects in a single room?
If you could use the same system to spawn 10.000 objects in hl2 the result would be the same because modern hardware can handle it.

It is just bizarre to me...especially if you consider how untouchable everything is since you can't destroy jack shit in this game, infamous 3 on ps4 has more destructible stuff around the levels, like way more (and i know this because i tried to destroy every single object in that game)

Btw, how the fuck does the photomode in cyberpunk work? i click the 2 sticks, i press the button to take the pic, it kinda freeze the screen for a couple of seconds and if i check the folder where they should be (documents\cdproject\cyberpunk) i don't even have the folder for the pics.

Never used photomode in any game so forgive my ignorance.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

If havok doesn't change what are we actually praising?

better visual fidelity compared to skyrim? duh
the hardware being order of magnitude better so it doens't explode with 10.000 objects on screen...how is this a bethesda merit and not an intel\amd merit?

Like, what are we even doing here when you need a fucking editor to even spawn all these objects in a single room?

It is just bizarre to me...

Btw, how the fuck does the photomode in cyberpunk work? i click the 2 sticks, i press the button to take the pic, it kinda freeze the screen for a couple of seconds and if i check the folder where they should be (documents\cdproject\cyberpunk) i don't even have the folder for the pics.

Never used photomode in any game so forgive my ignorance.
We are praising that the physics system was coded in by engineers over at bethesda. if taking havoc and creating these physics was this easy, every single game wouldve done it last gen. its not. what bethesda is doing is very unique.

I just use GeForceNow to take screenshots. I dont bother going into photomodes that add fake stuff to the games. I hate bullshots and wont take part in defrauding others.

GymWolf

Gold Member
We are praising that the physics system was coded in by engineers over at bethesda. if taking havoc and creating these physics was this easy, every single game wouldve done it last gen. its not. what bethesda is doing is very unique.

I just use GeForceNow to take screenshots. I dont bother going into photomodes that add fake stuff to the games. I hate bullshots and wont take part in defrauding others.
But they fucking didn't...you still have to use an editor to spawn all these objects so i still don't get it...
You don't have any gameplay situation where that is a reality.
So yay for object persistence that is never used but you have to use a shitty old engine to have it in your game, yay...hurrah even...

Pick any game with havok where you can spawn objects with an editor and the result would be the same.

I can barely bother with the internal photomode, an external one is a big nono, also do i have to install geforce experience to use gfnow?

Last edited:

SlimySnake

But they fucking didn't...you still have to use an editor to spawn all these objects so i still don't get it...

Pick any game with havok where you can spawn objects with an editor and the result would be the same.

I can barely bother with the internal photomode, an external one is a big nono, also do i have to install geforce experience to use gfnow?
Not all the time. I mentioned instances where i go into a room with lots of objects like in a kitchen and stuff goes flying. Im not talking about spawning in objects. thuogh like i said, i put this on bethesda not being great designers. imagine what nintendo wouldve done with this level of physics.

I dont know what gfnow is but i have geforce experience installed because its the easiest way to capture footage on PC and update drivers. pc gamers hate it for various reasons but i like the interface. The only thing i dont like is that it captures HDR pics in this bizarre JXR format that cant be converted into png or jpegs.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Not all the time. I mentioned instances where i go into a room with lots of objects like in a kitchen and stuff goes flying. Im not talking about spawning in objects. thuogh like i said, i put this on bethesda not being great designers. imagine what nintendo wouldve done with this level of physics.

I dont know what gfnow is but i have geforce experience installed because its the easiest way to capture footage on PC and update drivers. pc gamers hate it for various reasons but i like the interface. The only thing i dont like is that it captures HDR pics in this bizarre JXR format that cant be converted into png or jpegs.
Again, the actual physics and only present physics you are praising is basic havok, what you are really praising is the object persistance, that is not physics, it is a feature of the engine to keep track of every object in the game, and it only work well with modern hardware, they are not coding magic, if you use a shitty pc it would implode with 10.000 objects like it was in the past.
And the counterpart is that to use that feature, you are giving away so many features of modern engines, even worse when multiple people have said that you can obtain Object persistence in other ways without using a shitty old engine.

Spawning 10.000 objects with an editor must be the most unimaginative way of going forward with physics when you realize that crysis was doing the same 15 years ago and it does literally nothing more than havok on large scale, but the core tech is still fucking ol' havok.

Gimme next gen deformation or destruction or elements reactions, havok hasn't been impressive since psi-ops the mindgate conspiracy on ps2.

Sorry, we are never gonna be on the same boat with starfield.

P.s. zero G is also nothing new, you just add a line of code where objects have zero weight during zero g et voila, it's probably not more complicated than that dude, and you know it.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member

Abbreviation of geforcenow that you use.

I use ddu to clean previous drivers before updating drivers, it is the master race way you fool :lollipop_squinting:

Last edited:

Xtib81

Speaking of explosions. Which game has the best explosions?

Its sad we haven't even come close to this, 11 years later. 2012 Ubisoft Watch Dogs demo. The Ubisoft Special in full force here.

WWER1tP.gif

The devs at Ubisoft back then were smoking some good shit if they believed that the PS4/Xbox one could run their demos of watchdogs and the division. Even 10+ years later and a new generation, some visual elements haven't been matched.

Last edited:

alloush

I think it looks awful lmao. Harsh lighting. Poor character models. Ugly NPC and world design. Its one of the worst things ive ever seen.
That’s the thing my expectations for this game are so low that this didn’t look bad to me in the grand scheme of things.

Top Bottom