• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Graphical Fidelity I Expect This Gen

shamoomoo

Dude the ps5 and xsx are on par with the 1080 ti with ray tracing support. That gpu came out 4 years before the ps5. 4090 came out last year, 6 years before ps6 is supposed to come out.

Xbox has already said that they will be using navi 5. The 7000 series is navi 3. Navi 3 is already at 4nm. We should be at 2nm by then.
No. Both current gen consoles are better at asynchronous compute than Nvidia's older architecture and both can do ray tracing where Nvidia 10 series would struggle to do,on top of better utilization since each are fixed hardware.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Dont look at tflops numbers, those recent gen gpus both from nvidia and from amd got them inflated vs actual performance in games, few pages back we did comparision, just look at this instead https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/radeon-rx-5700-xt.c3339
Example- rx 6800= 16,7 tflops, 2% weaker on avg rx 7700xt= 35,17tflops
Yep. AMD has basically doubled their tflops without offering actual performance gains so its best to ignore them. just like nvidia's tflops since the 20 series. the 62 tflops 4090 is roughly 3x more powerful than the 11 tflops 2080. so it should be roughly around 35 tflops if we went by actual performnace instead of bullshit inflated numbers.

i think 40-50 tflops should be on the cards for next gen. they will claim 100 tflops of course, but it will be 50 at best. even then, i think we need to start preparing ourselves for 40, maybe 35 tflops gpus because AMD will likely start making bigger chips like nvidia adding tensor cores and rt cores inside the chip that wont show up in the tflops numbers.

looking at the ps5 pro leaks, its obvious sony wasnt able to double the tflops like they did with the pro. its apparently around 17 tflops so a 70% improvement. i think they should be able to double that for the ps6. so 35 tflops (70 in rdna 3 terms) with a lot of Machine Learning and Ray tracing hardware built in to offer way better RT performance. With some IPC gains, who knows we might be looking at 50 tflops of performance.

P.S Ray tracing was not a thing until 2018, just two years before launch of last gen consoles and AMD was able to put that into consoles. Just imagine what these next few years could bring in the PC space that will completely transform next gen consoles. I feel like we dont appreciate next gen consoles enough. double digit tflops, built in rt hardware, 16 thread CPUs, insanely fast SSDs. There is A LOT devs can extract out of these machines. Its a shame that they are mostly all phoning it in but the power is there if the devs care to utilize it.

giorgos93

Neo Member
Yep. AMD has basically doubled their tflops without offering actual performance gains so its best to ignore them. just like nvidia's tflops since the 20 series. the 62 tflops 4090 is roughly 3x more powerful than the 11 tflops 2080. so it should be roughly around 35 tflops if we went by actual performnace instead of bullshit inflated numbers.

i think 40-50 tflops should be on the cards for next gen. they will claim 100 tflops of course, but it will be 50 at best. even then, i think we need to start preparing ourselves for 40, maybe 35 tflops gpus because AMD will likely start making bigger chips like nvidia adding tensor cores and rt cores inside the chip that wont show up in the tflops numbers.

looking at the ps5 pro leaks, its obvious sony wasnt able to double the tflops like they did with the pro. its apparently around 17 tflops so a 70% improvement. i think they should be able to double that for the ps6. so 35 tflops (70 in rdna 3 terms) with a lot of Machine Learning and Ray tracing hardware built in to offer way better RT performance. With some IPC gains, who knows we might be looking at 50 tflops of performance.

P.S Ray tracing was not a thing until 2018, just two years before launch of last gen consoles and AMD was able to put that into consoles. Just imagine what these next few years could bring in the PC space that will completely transform next gen consoles. I feel like we dont appreciate next gen consoles enough. double digit tflops, built in rt hardware, 16 thread CPUs, insanely fast SSDs. There is A LOT devs can extract out of these machines. Its a shame that they are mostly all phoning it in but the power is there if the devs care to utilize it.
Do you think we'll see path tracing in any games next gen?

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
snoop-dogg-dre.gif

After reading the last few pages of this thread
content_image_601b05865d2ee-1634107308067.gif

Now this is what we expected Spiderman 2 to look like.
in before ChiefDada ChiefDada tells us SM2 already looks close or better

15xuqb.jpg

Not really, because everyone on this forum then needs the option to remove:
- Lens dirt effects
- Chromatic Aberration
- Film grain
- Motion blur
- Lens vignette
- Lens distortion

And then it looks like a PS4 game again, yea.

SlimySnake

Are you referring to this? Everything here can be done even better in current gen other than the big explosions. The clean art-style really makes it easy.

Even the electricity effect looked better than the cgi trailer. Honestly to me it was a clear lie

Because there is a clear gap, one looks clearly like a geometry flat video game, the other looks like an average cgi.

Its shocking to me that people dont realize just how 2d and flat these assets look in spiderman. honestly, cyberpunk buildings have more depth and 3d feel to them.

Just adding those tiles to buildings gives them more depth than having windows be painted on. The Mafia remake also has very 2d looking buildings but they added fire escapes to every building and it just gave it that extra 3d feel that spiderman continues to lack. I get that Spiderman is trying to stay true to NYC, but come on its a comic book city. go all out. People are not ready for just how poor Queens and brooklyn residential areas are going to look. Having grown up in queens its a very boring area to set your game in. brooklyn isnt any better.

F7FIJjzWEAA4z0B

F7FIJkZXsAAFMAI

Do you think we'll see path tracing in any games next gen?
no idea. ask some devs on twitter. just because they have the hardware to do something, doesnt mean they will do it. case in point their inability to even come close to the matrix demo.

Musilla

What bothers me the most in the cg trailer is Spiderman crashing into cars and vans sending them back. Applying proper destruction physics to them. this was actually something insomniac added in the reveal trailer where they had an enemy crash into a lamp post and it bends realistically. that gave me hope that spiderman 2 would have actual physics based destruction where cars, and other world objects like street lamps would be interactive, but nope. same old ps4 era crap.

Miles actually had some pretty cool destruction indoors, but nothing outdoors. its crazy how 3 years of dev time of miles were not spent on something like this.

JdLWBRa.gif

SlimySnake

So this wasnt posted here, but Horizon 2's PC port was announced last week and apparently Nixxes is making it. I guess that means Spiderman 2 isnt coming out on PC in the next 6 months after all.

DF was talking about how they added RT shadows and RTAO in Ratchet and Miles, and wondered if RTGI in Horizon FW could be next. After all, it doesnt need RT reflections and Witcher 3 benefitted a lot of RTGI and RT shadows. I wonder if that will fix the graphics inconsistencies in HFW.

F41BalWWgAAQBcL

F41BalTWoAAheH1

SlimySnake

Yeah, like i said miles does do that at times. But now go and play the game in the open world and see if you can do anything even remotely like this. Nothing happens to lamp posts, chairs and tables in times square, nothing happens to cars like it does in the cg tv spot.

I dont know why you guys think we dont play these games lol. my son plays spiderman every other day. i know exactly where it fails.

setoman

Nah, to make this work in realtime you would need to render it with less samples and less light bounces, lots more noise and smearing. The fur and explosions are also better.

But hey it's from 2008, we could come a bit closer than what people are usually posting on here and there are aspects we could do better.

The lighting in this video is bad. So many light sources and yet the entire video is basically pitch black. This is horrible. All the materials are either off or basic. Not all surfaces are reflecting things and somethings are just not being reflected at all. Teeth are reflective glass? And the limited fur there has already been surpassed. This is proof that there are people that will say anything looks better and can't be done if it has a "cgi" label.

Have it ever occurred to you that an approximation of something using all of today's available technological innovation and not just raw compute can actually be better than the brute force by computer systems we had in 2008?

Last edited:

Musilla

Yeah, like i said miles does do that at times. But now go and play the game in the open world and see if you can do anything even remotely like this. Nothing happens to lamp posts, chairs and tables in times square, nothing happens to cars like it does in the cg tv spot.

I dont know why you guys think we dont play these games lol. my son plays spiderman every other day. i know exactly where it fails.
I have not questioned that you have not played it, it was just a clarification.

Spider-Man is just an open world so you can swing around the city with the character, outside of that aspect it is a fairly linear game

SlimySnake

If PS5 doesn't have RT, then PC won't have it
Like i said, Miles and Ratchet had new RT features like RTAO and RT Shadows added. Nixxes is doing their own thing now.

Returnal also had RT reflections and RT shadows added in the PC version. The console version had no RT support.

setoman

This is basically just a linear map level (similar to the indoor levels) as much of the open world is unloaded.
What Slimy is referring to is having these destructions in the entire open world. Just like other similar open world games like GTA, Watchdogs, Saint Row, etc.

But no that would actually take effort by Insomniac and won't allow them to pump out DLC as 'new' games in 2 years, while selling them at full price to make more money. So the open world is regulated to being just a backdrop. They are modern day grifters.

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Even John can't tell the difference between Spider-Man and real life. If this was a SM2 screenshot, I know a couple of clowns in this thread who would've called it unimpressive.

samoilaaa

So this wasnt posted here, but Horizon 2's PC port was announced last week and apparently Nixxes is making it. I guess that means Spiderman 2 isnt coming out on PC in the next 6 months after all.

DF was talking about how they added RT shadows and RTAO in Ratchet and Miles, and wondered if RTGI in Horizon FW could be next. After all, it doesnt need RT reflections and Witcher 3 benefitted a lot of RTGI and RT shadows. I wonder if that will fix the graphics inconsistencies in HFW.

F41BalWWgAAQBcL

F41BalTWoAAheH1
its weird that a 2015 game looks this good

SlimySnake

Sony official site saying Ray Tracing Lightning

it's additional effects, But if PS5 doesn't have any RT, then PC version won't have any RT
Nah they were lying. Housemarque confirmed that they were using rt hardware to optimize their queries and other instructions. The game had no rtgi or anything ray traced. GG and SSM both utilized this additional rt hardware in the ps5 to get more out of the ps5. Doesn’t mean they had ray tracing in their games.

Musilla

This is basically just a linear map level (similar to the indoor levels) as much of the open world is unloaded.
What Slimy is referring to is having these destructions in the entire open world. Just like other similar open world games like GTA, Watchdogs, Saint Row, etc.

But no that would actually take effort by Insomniac and won't allow them to pump out DLC as 'new' games in 2 years, while selling them at full price to make more money. So the open world is regulated to being just a backdrop. They are modern day grifters.
Spider-Man is just an open world so you can swing around the city with the character, outside of that aspect it is a fairly linear game

alloush

lol what else is new. this thread is always a shitshow and thats why we love it. best thread on gaf since the next gen hardware speculation thread.
That next gen hardware thread was the best ever, I freakin’ miss it so much.

They used the two gif’s most of us here on gaf, mainly this thread, loved. I am pretty sure Insomniac are visiting this thread…. Or like I speculated you are the head of marketing over there Chief!

Nah they were lying. Housemarque confirmed that they were using rt hardware to optimize their queries and other instructions. The game had no rtgi or anything ray traced. GG and SSM both utilized this additional rt hardware in the ps5 to get more out of the ps5. Doesn’t mean they had ray tracing in their games.

Yeah I remember that prior to launch, came out afterwards that they were mainly using RT for 3D audio on PS5 (probably a great use case given how well it sounded). Funnily enough I got reminded of it the other day as Returnal on PC has an option for raytraced audio in the menu :messenger_grinning_sweat:

SlimySnake

its weird that a 2015 game looks this good
Not really. This is from the updated release that basically turned it into the pre-downgraded witcher 3 from the 2013 reveal. The foliage finally looks good thanks to RT shadows which do some proper self shadows on plants and trees. They have increased foliage density. They added a lot more NPCs so the city finally looks alive. it also kills modern day CPUs so i pretty much have to dial back the crowd to medium settings or it runs at half the normal framerate.

With the Batman Arkham Knight RTX remaster, we will see another gorgeous 2015 game come out with far more accurate rendering features. Thats why im interested in seeing what GG does with RTGI in Horizon FW. game looks phenomenal as it is but RTGI should help it resolve some of the inconsistencies ive posted about in this thread numerous times.

Yeah I remember that prior to launch, came out afterwards that they were mainly using RT for 3D audio on PS5 (probably a great use case given how well it sounded). Funnily enough I got reminded of it the other day as Returnal on PC has an option for raytraced audio in the menu :messenger_grinning_sweat:
they all play fast and loose with facts. no wonder there is so much misinformation on the internet. thats why i dont blame the fans.

PeteBull

Agree overall just its weird that only trully next gen looking thing is a demo, and dips so hard on both ps5/xsx, looking forward to ps5pr0 here, even if its that 70% improvement, still that would help substantially, if the matrix demo will be able to take advantage of it, we could maybe get DF vid comparision of how it actually holds stable 30 vs dipping below 20 on base ps5^^.
With that i would finally be convinced power is there for games to looks next gen and run smoothly at the same time at least :D

Dude the ps5 and xsx are on par with the 1080 ti with ray tracing support. That gpu came out 4 years before the ps5. 4090 came out last year, 6 years before ps6 is supposed to come out.

Xbox has already said that they will be using navi 5. The 7000 series is navi 3. Navi 3 is already at 4nm. We should be at 2nm by then.
A. I think they’re more powerful than a 1080. They’re 2080s right?

B. That’s still a 2 year difference. PS5 being a card from 4 years prior vs PS6 being a card from 6 years prior

ChiefDada

Gold Member
I agree, ps6/next xbox probably will be around 4090 power wise, and that cgi trailer is visibly beyond what 4090 can run, maybe if it was some silly switch resolution 496p with fsr put on top but then ofc it would look like blurry mess, not so clean like in the trailer.

Nope, it will smoke 4090 in both feature set and performance. For reference the titan x was the top pc card 5 years prior to ps5 release. It runs Horizon Zero Dawn (not forbidden west) 40-60fps at 1440p medium settings.

SlimySnake

A. I think they’re more powerful than a 1080. They’re 2080s right?

B. That’s still a 2 year difference. PS5 being a card from 4 years prior vs PS6 being a card from 6 years prior
1080 was 8 tflops.
1080 Ti was 11.5 tflops.

Consoles are roughly equivalent to that that level of performance. Give or take 10% in various different games. 1080 Ti did not have ray tracing either.

Yeah, there is a chance the consoles can be more powerful. I am just trying to keep expectations lower. The PS4 to PS5 die shrink was from 28nm to 7nm. Roughly a 4x die shrink. At best you are looking at 2nm chips in 2028. More likely 3nm. Thats not even 3x. It will limit just how much they can push in a console sized box.

Expect 35-40 and be happy if you get more.

Agree overall just its weird that only trully next gen looking thing is a demo, and dips so hard on both ps5/xsx, looking forward to ps5pr0 here, even if its that 70% improvement, still that would help substantially, if the matrix demo will be able to take advantage of it, we could maybe get DF vid comparision of how it actually holds stable 30 vs dipping below 20 on base ps5^^.
With that i would finally be convinced power is there for games to looks next gen and run smoothly at the same time at least :D
Matrix demo is CPU bound whenever it starts to dip to 20 fps. Notice how it only happens when Alex starts driving around really fast. Thats not the case if you fly around or are walking at normal speeds. Nanite removes a lot of strain on the GPU and vram by streaming in data very quickly at very low sizes and automagically handle LODs before the GPU starts to get affected.

The demo is CPU bound because of all the traffic simulations. remove the traffic and its a locked 30 fps when driving around. Hell, cut it to half and you will see mostly a locked 30 fps. point is that a more powerful GPU like a PS5 Pro wont help that demo unless Sony also increases CPU clocks to around 4.5 Ghz. Even then the demo was mostly CPU bound on PCs as well due to the traffic sims.

Last edited:

winjer

1080 was 8 tflops.
1080 Ti was 11.5 tflops.

Consoles are roughly equivalent to that that level of performance. Give or take 10% in various different games. 1080 Ti did not have ray tracing either.

Yeah, there is a chance the consoles can be more powerful. I am just trying to keep expectations lower. The PS4 to PS5 die shrink was from 28nm to 7nm. Roughly a 4x die shrink. At best you are looking at 2nm chips in 2028. More likely 3nm. Thats not even 3x. It will limit just how much they can push in a console sized box.

Expect 35-40 and be happy if you get more.

That's not how transistor density is calculated. The real difference in density between 28nm and N7 is 3.15X
The difference between N7 and N3 is 2.34X

But these numbers are only for logic. Not for analog and not for sram (caches).
For example, going from N7 to N5 had a 1.8X increase in density for logic. But for analog, it was only 1.2X. And for sram, 1.35.
For N3 the density improvements for sram and analog, will be close to zero.

SlimySnake

They used the two gif’s most of us here on gaf, mainly this thread, loved. I am pretty sure Insomniac are visiting this thread…. Or like I speculated you are the head of marketing over there Chief!
Nah, Ubisoft does the same. They uploaded all the cool gifs from their trailers to their giphy channel following the trailer releases.

These studios choose and cherrypick these shots because they already know they look great. that why they are put in trailers in the first place.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Nope, it will smoke 4090 in both feature set and performance. For reference the titan x was the top pc card 5 years prior to ps5 release. It runs Horizon Zero Dawn (not forbidden west) 40-60fps at 1440p medium settings.

impressive. This also show how much performance is RT eating up

PeteBull

Sony exclusives usually run really badly on pc, just look at GoW, it ran on base ps4 in 1080p30, yet look how much it needs on pc ps4 alike settings for same 1080p30 ;)
Compare performance in fair cases- aka multiplats, where they arent specifically made for ps4 then ported halfassedly with increased requirements to pc platform ;)

Edit: Here proof how fucked up performance pc port of GoW has on pc, running on 750ti, for a very long time equivalent of ps4 gpu, if it wasnt close at stock clocks, it was if oced.
Yet here, with super strong cpu(that is actually much faster from ps5 cpu), it runs in single digits on 1080p low(so settings lower than ps4 base ran at)

On the other hand here fair comparision ps4 vs 750ti(with old i3 cpu nonetheles), witcher3, so top dev, good graphics, not some indie dev, DF vid so u can see where exactly dips happen
Here both versions got same treatment, no1 favoured ps4 hardware.
And just so we know it wasnt single case/outlier- another example, and another big budget and highly acclaimed game, gta5

Last edited:

eNT1TY

I have a sneaking suspicion people expecting the PS6 to exceed a 4090 will be in for a rude surprise. At best it'll come close or match it at less than half the power consumption.

SlimySnake

Sony exclusives usually run really badly on pc, just look at GoW, it ran on base ps4 in 1080p30, yet look how much it needs on pc ps4 alike settings for same 1080p30 ;)
Compare performance in fair cases- aka multiplats, where they arent specifically made for ps4 then ported halfassedly with increased requirements to pc platform ;)

Edit: Here proof how fucked up performance pc port of GoW has on pc, running on 750ti, for a very long time equivalent of ps4 gpu, if it wasnt close at stock clocks, it was if oced.
Yet here, with super strong cpu(that is actually much faster from ps5 cpu), it runs in single digits on 1080p low(so settings lower than ps4 base ran at)

On the other hand here fair comparision ps4 vs 750ti(with old i3 cpu nonetheles), witcher3, so top dev, good graphics, not some indie dev, DF vid so u can see where exactly dips happen

Yeah, i brought this up when GOW came out and actually had a PS4 preset that let us run the game at PS5 settings. And yet a 1060 and a 6 tflops 580 were being beaten by a 4.2 tflops PS4 Pro in the 1080p 60 fps mode.

To their credit, the porting studio admitted that the game is single threaded and they didnt have time or resources to multithread it with just the 4 person team that ported the game.

I think at the start of the gen, we had several benchmarks of PC games that pegged the PS5 somewhere between a 2080 Super/3060 Ti and a 2070 Super. Depending on the game.

PeteBull

Yeah, i brought this up when GOW came out and actually had a PS4 preset that let us run the game at PS5 settings. And yet a 1060 and a 6 tflops 580 were being beaten by a 4.2 tflops PS4 Pro in the 1080p 60 fps mode.

To their credit, the porting studio admitted that the game is single threaded and they didnt have time or resources to multithread it with just the 4 person team that ported the game.

I think at the start of the gen, we had several benchmarks of PC games that pegged the PS5 somewhere between a 2080 Super/3060 Ti and a 2070 Super. Depending on the game.
We got nice recent example with Lies of P, quality settings on both consoles run in 4k30 yet on 4090 we got epic quality, so definitely not worse than console quality, probably some better ones, in 8k30 ( as u can see it usually runs in 8k 40 actually;p), so at minimum actual difference ps5/xsx vs 4090 is 4x.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I am really surprised how poorly Lies of P runs on ps5/xsx.
It is square 4k, dlss quality, ultra max best settings 120fps on a 3080.
ps5 is 50% power of that, yet high mode runs only 30fps

DanielG165

Are you referring to this? Everything here can be done even better in current gen other than the big explosions. The clean art-style really makes it easy.

Indeed I was, and fascinating. I didn’t know we were currently capable of getting results like this already. That’s pretty cool, in that case!

SlimySnake

dlss quality is 1440p though. they are running the 60 fps mode at 1515p to 1800p locked. seems to be roughly in line with the tlfops.

We got nice recent example with Lies of P, quality settings on both consoles run in 4k30 yet on 4090 we got epic quality, so definitely not worse than console quality, probably some better ones, in 8k30 ( as u can see it usually runs in 8k 40 actually;p), so at minimum actual difference ps5/xsx vs 4090 is 4x.

yep. so there is your 40 tflops ps6 right there. if we are lucky.

yamaci17

there's probs headroom

most likely they get 45+ fps %80 of the time on that mode xd

just for the rest of niche %20 that drops below that they stupidly locked to 30

same for starfield. equivalent xbox sx gpu gets 40+ fps most of the time. even my 2700x gets 40 fps+ even in new atlantis

40+ fps mode definitely possible on starfield for example with exact same settings. would only drop rarely

this is why I will never go consoles, they now have VRR in their hands but refuse to utilize it properly. it is so weird. it almost feels alien to most console users actually that xbox sx has support for LFC. most are unaware of it. practically almost no game takes advantage of it. just today I kept the usual "most screens do not go below 48 hz" argument again. no need to gow below 48 hz if your screen has LFC...

We need to copy paste spam this infographic to every console user with a 120 hz screen that KEEPS saying their screen has a lower limit of 48 hz

2018-05-16-image-7.jpg

granted ps5 does not support LFC yet but technically Xbox does, and PS5 also could.

PeteBull

dlss quality is 1440p though. they are running the 60 fps mode at 1515p to 1800p locked. seems to be roughly in line with the tlfops.

yep. so there is your 40 tflops ps6 right there. if we are lucky.
Now we need amd to make gpu thats about 30-40% stronger, but at the same time under 300W tdp, then after some srs undervolt/downclocking so it fits into 180-200W it will be efficient enough to not break 220-250W power budget combined with cpu/ram/ssd etc, then we will be ready for 4090 grade of power in console form factor for ps6/next xbox, long path ahead of us but over 5 years left at minimum, so im hopefull we will get at least there, maybe even beat it by 20-30% if lucky :)

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
You guys need to stop focusing on teraflops and instead focus on what feature set a ps6 will have. People don't gravitate towards nvidia because of teraflops, it's because of DLSS and tensor powered RT. At this point, it's impossible to imagine the kind of tech a 2028 console will have. Absolutely no one imagined dedicated RT hardware in any capacity for PS5/XSX back in 2015.

SlimySnake

Now we need amd to make gpu thats about 30-40% stronger, but at the same time under 300W tdp, then after some srs undervolt/downclocking so it fits into 180-200W it will be efficient enough to not break 220-250W power budget combined with cpu/ram/ssd etc, then we will be ready for 4090 grade of power in console form factor for ps6/next xbox, long path ahead of us but over 5 years left at minimum, so im hopefull we will get at least there, maybe even beat it by 20-30% if lucky :)
Tim Sweeney in 2013 i think it was, said that you need 40 tflops to get photorealistic visuals. Seeing as how this man is the visionary who gave us UE5 and Matrix at 10 tflops, i would be happy with 40 tflops.

I think the 4090 is being wasted with all this path tracing nonsense. My 3080 kills most cross gen games at 4k 60 fps as long as vram is not a bottleneck. In path tracing, i had to drop it down to 720p internal resolution to get 60 fps and it wasnt even locked lol. Thats just way too much power trying to render path tracing with very little gain in fidelity. stick with lumen and they will get photorealism by 2028 when we get Matrix Awakens 2.

SlimySnake

there's probs headroom

most likely they get 45+ fps %80 of the time on that mode xd

just for the rest of niche %20 that drops below that they stupidly locked to 30

same for starfield. equivalent xbox sx gpu gets 40+ fps most of the time. even my 2700x gets 40 fps+ even in new atlantis

40+ fps mode definitely possible on starfield for example with exact same settings. would only drop rarely

this is why I will never go consoles, they now have VRR in their hands but refuse to utilize it properly. it is so weird. it almost feels alien to most console users actually that xbox sx has support for LFC. most are unaware of it. practically almost no game takes advantage of it. just today I kept the usual "most screens do not go below 48 hz" argument again. no need to gow below 48 hz if your screen has LFC...

We need to copy paste spam this infographic to every console user with a 120 hz screen that KEEPS saying their screen has a lower limit of 48 hz

2018-05-16-image-7.jpg

granted ps5 does not support LFC yet but technically Xbox does, and PS5 also could.
Lies of P has 30 fps, 40 fps and 60 fps modes. yes, it would be great to get unlocked fps modes like GOW, but LFC was awful in GOW so 40 fps is what I did.

The 40 fps mode in Lies of P is mostly 4k with some drops to 1800p. I think they did a fantastic job offering multiple modes.

Top Bottom